PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Never been so fed up with a Ubisoft game!

kidrocker656
11-23-2014, 11:54 PM
I've been playing Ubisoft games for over a decade now and every time I've always been happy to part with my money for one of their games, without any regrets ever emerging after having played it. That all changed with AC:Unity. Before you think I'm talking about the frame-rate issues, or 60 fps/1080p, I don't care about any of those. I played Fallout: New Vegas and it was the glitchiest game I've ever encountered, yet I would never want to go back and have not bought it. Because, at the end of the day, I value gameplay over graphics every single day of the week, which is why I've always loved Ubisoft games. They pack content after content into their games, making the experience enjoyable and memorable, but this time someone at Ubisoft HQ decided to make one of the single worst decisions I have ever seen in my life. S/he put in something called Nostrodamus Enigmas throughout the game -- annoying buggers of things that require hours upon hours of running around and trying to decipher riddles to figure out. Which would be great and fantastic but for one tiny little thing that nobody had the foresight to warn us loyal gamers about. You see, in past AC games, from #2 onwards, we've always gotten a suit of armour to try to unlock. Like AC2's Altair armour, which has to be unlocked with six seals found in tombs scattered around the map. Or AC4's Templar armour, which required 30-odd seals to open and takes hours, but it well worth the effort.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

But, for AC:Unity, someone decided it would be a good idea to have people spend over a hundred hours deciphering riddles in order to unlock a suit of armour that does precisely nothing. Yes, precisely and absolutely NO ADVANTAGE whatsoever beyond cosmetic. What, in the name of all things sane, is the point of spending one hundred hours to unlock something that makes you look different!? Seriously, Ubisoft, is there anyone in your company with a modicum of common sense that could have told you that was a bad idea right from the get-go? Any gamer worth their frigging salt could have told you that was a bad idea on a mammoth scale. It's not even funny, because some of the riddles are that difficult that you have to spend literally hours figuring them out. And for what? NOTHING.

Oh, and to compound matters, you decided to lock, apart from the chest piece, the strongest armour pieces in the game into some stupid thing called CLUB COMPETITION. Which would be fine and dandy if the thing was working. But if you try to activate it in order to unlock the armours, you get a message saying COMING SOON. Really? Coming soon? Are you kidding me? I have 650,000 livres that I can't spend because you locked all the good armour behind a stupid club competition that you haven't even bothered to have up and running before release. Seriously, do you not imagine that that might infuriate a few people? Does anyone in your company possess the slightest bit of intelligence?

Quit locking content behind stupid multiplayer and on-line features!

It's just a ploy to try to get people to play those modes because you can't think up ways to make them more exciting. You did it with Watch Dogs as well. I had to play on-line to get the best guns in the game. I DON'T PLAY ON-LINE! When will you games developers get the message? NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY ON-LINE!

Stop messing around with the games I love and stop locking content. I paid 50 for this game! I unlocked the content with my credit card when I bought it!

TO_M
11-24-2014, 12:07 AM
I fully agree with what you just said, beside the riddles part and your use of language.

A1Gamester
11-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Agree with you on every word!! Listen to this guy ubisoft!!!

kidrocker656
11-24-2014, 12:18 AM
I fully agree with what you just said, beside the riddles part and your use of language.

My language is a by-product of how annoyed I am with this game.

TO_M
11-24-2014, 12:24 AM
I understand, but if you want the devs to take you/your complaint seriously you'll have to get rid of it.

I thought of writing a full AC:U review myself and like you the temptation to just go nuts with curses/insults is quite tempting but ya know, in the end it's just a game.

kidrocker656
11-24-2014, 12:38 AM
I understand, but if you want the devs to take you/your complaint seriously you'll have to get rid of it.

I thought of writing a full AC:U review myself and like you the temptation to just go nuts with curses/insults is quite tempting but ya know, in the end it's just a game.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

I've removed it.

On the subject of "it's just a game", I must respectfully disagree. It's a game that costs more than it would take to feed a grown person for an entire week. If I pay 50 out of my pocket, I expect that I will be treated like the adult I am and, if not made to understand what's necessary to unlock content, i.e. 200,000 livres or something such, I certainly will not expect some of the best gear in the game to be locked behind a feature that isn't even active yet. I understand locking content until later in the game, or locking it until a specific goal has been reached, as in AC4 and the Templar armour, but I cannot reconcile content being locked behind on-line features that I never plan on using. It's not good for business. Every similar game I've played, I've always worked to get the best gear possible because I like going from a no-armoured nobody to a walking tank. But now, because Ubisoft wants all players to play on-line and create clubs, I can't buy the best armour in the game. That's not a choice. That's a design flaw that Ubisoft seriously needs to address.

JCar4327
11-24-2014, 06:04 PM
I agree with you. I don't buy single player games to be forced to play online; I buy them because I like to play by myself and not be bothered with ignorant people. I work on the phone all day listening to ignorant people; I don't want to have to deal with them when I am trying to relax, and playing video games is how I relax.

I also agree that the suit of armor was an extremely big let down. I put it on to see what it looked like and took it right back off. In all other AC games I have worn that armor till the end of the game, but not this time cause it looks likes they tried to recycle Altair's armor and not something original like the Mayan armor Edward got.

Gladiaattori1500
11-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Why do people always have to complain about everything. It's a very good game overall

kidrocker656
11-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Why do people always have to complain about everything. It's a very good game overall

Because if people didn't complain when they were disappointed, devs would never try to improve their games.

PS: I never said it wasn't a very good game. Still, that doesn't mean it isn't infuriating when content is locked and a hundred-hour side quest awards NOTHING.

RobertMcSassin
11-26-2014, 04:20 PM
I agree...Having just got the "Armour" a couple of hours ago, I discovered that after unlocking it, for some reason I was now three ranks back from what I had been before finishing the armour room riddle things...*Shrug*...

I'm also disgusted by having all that armour behind the Co-op and online stuff...It's not that I don't think you are all excellent and admirable people...But I don't wanna play online with you...Sorry... :D ...I don't play well with others...

I'm hoping that a few months down the line, there'll be one of them Unlock updates where we get all the stuff previously exclusive to one thing or another, and then we get to buy it...Otherwise...Pffft...Waste of time, sadly...