PDA

View Full Version : [PC] God damnit ubisoft fix your cloud sync already.

XOIIO
11-23-2014, 01:08 PM
I thought I only had 2 games on uplay, assasins creed IV, and Splinter cell blacklist, both of which I played through 3 times when I had takena long enough break, I go download them again, and everything is completely gone. I thought far cry 3 was on steam but no it turns out that it's also on uplay, and my 90% save game with hours of gameplay was gone too. What the hell? Every time you start a game it talks about cloud sync but from what I can tell it has been 2 years without it? What gives? Why the hell don't you have cloud saves?

And people wonder why uplay is considered a POS compared to steam by most.

I search and all I can find is BS about "people are working on it we don't have any more info" repeated constantly.

Ubi-Leorthian
11-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Hello XOIIO,

Thank you for contacting us. Games won't have been removed from your account, but it's possible that you had two separate accounts (one which you had your Steam purchased Far Cry 3 on and one on which your other two games were found) and that you've logged into just one of them. If you still have the CD keys for your games, it should be a simple process for the Ubisoft Support team to be able to identify the account and, once they have verified you are the owner, get you access to them.

While Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag doesn't make use of cloud saves, the other two games you mentioned do. While you are contacting the support team about regaining access to your old account, I suggest you also raise the issue with them and they can help you identify any issues that may be interfering with your use of the cloud save system.