PDA

View Full Version : fixed online 0x60000001 problem and got playing!

Alex_tomkins
11-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi,
I wanted to share this because I had trouble for ages with online being intermittent and never working at the age time as my brother with his always seeming to be fine. Google for ages but never found an answer until....

Basically remove unity from windows firewall. This seems to then look via uplay and see your contacts. I loaded the game and ignore the request to add to firewall and loaded game. Went to cafe and boom a figure representing my brother was at the top of the stairs. Now at this point I allowed firewall to add game and the we played for 4 hours perfectly. Was awesome.

Hope this helps peeps.

I can only think early early players didn't triggers something online the first time. No idea tho

LonewulfDiConis
11-23-2014, 01:33 PM
It doens't work for me and I am rly pissed ...

RattieNL
11-23-2014, 02:33 PM
It doens't work for me and I am rly pissed ...

Same here dude

Xazbot2
11-23-2014, 04:09 PM
Same here dude

Yeah still doesn't work

Leoxxar
11-23-2014, 04:17 PM
A workaround that works 100% of the time for me is:

1. Disconnect your computers wlan
2. Connect a smartphone to your computer via USB
3. Go to your phones options and activate USB-Tethering (under network/internet options probably)
4. Wait for your computer to connect
5. Start game (only then, not before)

Your phone should be connected to your wlan obviously.
With this I don't get the error, though your outcome could be different of course.
Hopefully this helps someone. Good luck.

LonewulfDiConis
11-23-2014, 05:30 PM
It doenst work for me :/

King_Kurd
11-23-2014, 08:16 PM
This is beautiful, this man right here is a genius i sir applaud you "crowd cheering".You sir are going to heaven you have done your peace and cleared your sins.and btw this method does work, you have to completely remove it from firewall no ticking or anything just click on it then click remove when the game starts up the firewall interrupts but just cancel it and boom it works give this man a round of applause.:o

Base2Crown
11-23-2014, 08:56 PM
I can confirm that this does not work for those experiencing the "ACU.exe has stopped working" co-op/online crash.

There was hope though...

Still waiting on Patch 3... -_-

Icobacca
11-24-2014, 01:06 AM
This is beautiful, this man right here is a genius i sir applaud you "crowd cheering".You sir are going to heaven you have done your peace and cleared your sins.and btw this method does work, you have to completely remove it from firewall no ticking or anything just click on it then click remove when the game starts up the firewall interrupts but just cancel it and boom it works give this man a round of applause.:o

Totally agree, I have had the game since it's UK launch. Apart from that Friday & last Thursday I had absolutely no CO-OP connection.
Then I read this post, deleted the AC Unity entry from the windows firewall, started the game & went to the theatre. To my surprise my contacts were there, I minimised the game & sure enough the pop up firewall message was there. I clicked accept & ever since I have been able to participate in CO-OP's.

BIG thank you to the OP for posting what they did. :cool:

Abeguy2
11-24-2014, 02:41 AM
Tried every way mentioned. still getting [0x60000001] error. :/

mirage357
11-24-2014, 04:04 AM
Simply put, do port forwarding.

Failing that, in one beautiful little acronym..... DMZ your PC/Console

If this does not work then you pretty much out of luck. error [ox60000001] is an inability to access data through a particular port, on your PC/Console. While you can port forward or DMZ your device, if your ISP is blocking it on their end your stuffed. While you can discuss having it opened by them not all companies are willing to do this. The best of luck to you all.