PDA

View Full Version : clear-cut difference in fps between me and brothers game

frank_w00ds
11-23-2014, 02:44 AM
So I noticed some very low FPS on my game on xbox one.....There were points where I didn't even want to play anymore due to the huge amounts of crowds. There was actually input lag on my camera it was so bad. Im a typical PC gamer so you can understand my frustration. I have my game set up in the same room as my brother so I decided to pop it in when he was playing.....Low and behold, my game looks like choppy garbage and his runs fine. We both could easily notice the difference. We both have an xbox one, set up normally with the same settings. The one thing that might make a difference is that he's playing on a tv, and I'm playing on a pc monitor (I have my pc set up right next to it)

So I would like to know any fixes to this problem, but it could also lead to some discoveries about the issues going on with the game. Like I said, my brothers game runs flawless for whatever reason. I'm thinking about posting videos.

D.I.D.
11-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Did you try swapping displays between the boxes to see if the same thing holds up?

frank_w00ds
11-23-2014, 02:53 AM
I changed my resolution in the xbox menu to 720p....not much of a difference if that's what you're meaning

D.I.D.
11-23-2014, 02:56 AM
I meant trying your XBox One with his TV, and his XBox One with your monitor. It would eliminate the issue of it being just a difference in the outputs of the screens. The TV might be more forgiving of a low frame rate, while the accuracy of the monitor might make your Xbox's performance especially noticeable.

frank_w00ds
11-23-2014, 03:01 AM
Oh. Well no I haven't tried that. I would but my brother is playing unity right now (and having a better time than me) so I don't wanna kick him off and deal with that yet lol. But my monitor is brand new so I really don't think it's an issue with my monitor. Plus I have played other games on the monitor and have no issues but I can still check regardless