PDA

View Full Version : No Spoilers Please - Which Should I play first? AC Unity or AC Rouge?

Dead1y-Derri
11-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Hello,

I am getting both AC Unity and AC Rouge soon and I was wondering which one should I play first from a story point of view? E.g. Would it be better to play AC Rouge first because it gives you some insight into AC Unity or vice versa?

Or does it not matter and the games interlink at all?

Please avoid spoilers, I don't mind people saying 'Oh play 'blah' first as it gives you some understand of 'blah' but no actual storyline spoilers please.

Thanks
~Derri

JustPlainQuirky
11-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Rogue.

Dead1y-Derri
11-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Rogue.

Ah thanks, any particular reason you can give me for saying Rouge without spoiling anything?

Thanks
~Derri

Isilea
11-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Haven't played rogue at all due too waiting for the pc version of rogue to come next year.... but atleast can tell you that unity eventho all the negativity is a amazing game if you can look past few bug (that they're fixing anyway) if you pref almost no bugs at all maybe do rogue first so they done more patch work on unity

JustPlainQuirky
11-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Ah thanks, any particular reason you can give me for saying Rouge without spoiling anything?

Thanks
~Derri

in the MD, it takes place before Unity.

And if you play Rogue first, the beginning to Unity will make more sense.

Dead1y-Derri
11-22-2014, 07:05 PM
in the MD, it takes place before Unity.

And if you play Rogue first, the beginning to Unity will make more sense.

Okay, thanks

Plus I also think I'll enjoy Rouge more as well. I mean for example if I play Unity first which has better graphics and newer mechanics and then go to AC Rouge which is very similar in style and mechanics to AC Black Flag I think it would feel a little less special and less enjoyable.

So if the Modern Day stuff in Rouge is before that of Unity and it will make more sense to play Rouge first to better understand Unity then I'll be playing Rouge first.

@Isilea

I probably won't get the games until into mid December as I have a lot on my plate right now, Work and other business so I don't have much gaming time right now and I'm kind of happy playing CoD: AW right now so I'll get the AC series around mid December.

ApexMandalorian
11-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Um, the past is also before Unity. Just pointing that out. Oh, and for spoilery reasons, you should play Rogue. Let's just say that the ending of Rogue is the beginning of Unity. That's pretty spoilery in itself, but it's been said before.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Rogue. Unity is still unfinished and needs a lot more bug fixes and gameplay updates.

Unity also needs a rewritten story, but let's face it, that's never gonna happen.

rprkjj
11-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Rogue is chronologically before Unity, but playing Unity first made playing Rogue that much better, imo. There's a part in the game where I lit up, basically freaking out with excitement. I kind of predicted it but was super excited regardless.

ShoryukenMan
11-22-2014, 10:53 PM
I was going to ask this same question when I got the games in December as well. Although, I could've sworn there was a dev or someone who said to play Unity first, because something in Rogue spoils something at the end of Unity... I guess I either heard wrong, or I imagined it. Either way, I was going to play the hell out of Rogue first anyways. So this is good.

feskern
11-23-2014, 02:43 AM
Wouldent recommend buying Rogue, the game looks like it half made and released a year to early, Black flag on ps3 was a lot better made, Rogue had so much potential , but is disappointed me alot !