PDA

View Full Version : Any easy place to find Hiding spot or Cover assassinations?

RzaRecta357
11-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Howdy! Working on my Initiate accomplishments.. Surprisingly I've only got 6 hiding spot kids from a secondary objective and like 20 cover kills. So, anyone know of a good spot or district to run around doing this stuff?

johnsmith145
11-22-2014, 06:46 PM
The Temple is a good place for the cover kills, at least. Also there's a haystack where 3 guards patrol. With the right timing you can get them all in a matter of seconds.

But the most useful is probably the cover kill glitch where you can kill an infinite number of guards from behind a corner, as they get stuck in each other.

SixKeys
11-22-2014, 07:24 PM
There aren't nearly enough opportunities for hide spot assassinations in this game. There are enough haycarts and those curtain stands around, but for some reason the programmers decided to make it extremely rare that a guard wanders close enough to a hiding spot to assassinate. They always pass by juuuust out of reach. It's annoying when you jump into a haybale and only realize once you're down there that the guard you intended to assassinate doesn't get close enough, so you have to remove yourself from the cart and stab him out in the open where others can find his body.

johnsmith145
11-23-2014, 10:59 PM
There aren't nearly enough opportunities for hide spot assassinations in this game. There are enough haycarts and those curtain stands around, but for some reason the programmers decided to make it extremely rare that a guard wanders close enough to a hiding spot to assassinate. They always pass by juuuust out of reach. It's annoying when you jump into a haybale and only realize once you're down there that the guard you intended to assassinate doesn't get close enough, so you have to remove yourself from the cart and stab him out in the open where others can find his body.
I actually think the worst part of it that you can't hide spot-assassinate someone unless your minimap is yellow. Considering the change in mechanic in ACU, the minimap's aquivalent of white is yellow, and both red and yellow are compressed into red.

A good place in the previous games to hide spot-assassinate someone was just during that period where the minimap is yellow, as the guards actually looked for you in hide spots.

johnsmith145
11-23-2014, 11:52 PM
I just found that both Palais de Justice and Palais Luxembourg are great places for the hiding spot.

Fast travel to place 1 => leap of faith => attract using Last Known Position => kill everyone => fast travel to place 2

If you get into conflict you can hide behind the oposite side of the cart and when you create a LKP, jump in the cart. They can't see you during the dive animation.

ManekiNeko.
11-24-2014, 09:44 AM
find it really hard to get cover kills in the game because the A.I is just as dumb as a brick.

tried luring them with cherry bombs and they don't even come over, just stand there and look at the spot like idiots

hide spot assassinations, on the other hand are easy to execute though

Anykeyer
11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
They will reset/change that stupid site with each new game release so why even bother? Im completionist but I dont consider Initiates to be a part of the game so Im not going to farm those ridiculous challenges.

johnsmith145
11-24-2014, 01:03 PM
An easy way (http://thehiddenblade.com/fastest-way-kill-guards-during-combat-beginners) of getting cover kills.

Anykeyer
11-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Cover kills - yes. Also smoke bombs help doing multiple cover kills at once. Just throw it right before killing the first guy and you'll have a nice waiting line.
But hidden spot kills is entirelly different story. You cant even attract in such agressive way, cause alerted guards cant be killed from hiding spots.

RzaRecta357
11-24-2014, 04:19 PM
They will reset/change that stupid site with each new game release so why even bother? Im completionist but I dont consider Initiates to be a part of the game so Im not going to farm those ridiculous challenges.

What gives you that impression? Because they brought it down ONE time and changed it for their newer game? When the old site was terribly optimized for games and tablets? While the missions were horribly set up?

Give me a break dude.

Thanks guys.. Gonna try that hiding spot one. Need to do that, cover kills and lots of roll recoveries... Otherwise I'm practically maxed out everywhere. Need more cherry bomb lures and stuff.

Kytr
11-25-2014, 12:52 AM
cover kills are very easy to get. run from enemies, break line of sight around a corner and go to cover at that corner. as the chasing enemy gets to you corner kill. if there is enough space between the first and second enemies, you can repeat. I have gotten 3 in one set more than once.

hiding spots are more trouble. generally there is only one guard that can be taken from any given spot, if any. they really screwed up by removing whistling. sometimes you can use an adaptation of the cover method, but it takes more than a bit of luck for it to work (you must be in cover before they have you back in sight and they have to come close enough to kill).

Anykeyer
11-25-2014, 08:08 AM
What gives you that impression? Because they brought it down ONE time and changed it for their newer game? When the old site was terribly optimized for games and tablets? While the missions were horribly set up?

They do this every year. AC2 had webbattle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1MhDDg5TI ACB had assassins network. Then for ACR release they shut down webbattle and completely revamped AN, adding support for all 3 games but missing some features. AN was updated for the last time at AC3 launch, again losing some features. Initiates is nothing but AC4's AN. They threw all good stuff away now because they dont care about AC4 anymore. Next yeat they wont give a crap about ACU and so on.
PS Those challenges are horribly set up too.

Spr3m16
11-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Well for me the easiest way to get the hiding spot assassination's was to play the head will roll co-op mission by myself. you can get about 30 hiden assassination's just in the castle if you are patient enough, beacuse it takes a long time, but it was still the best and easiest way for me. hope this helps some of you :)

Spikey1989
11-30-2014, 02:57 PM
the hidden kills are the most enoying to do, i did liek this, cover around haystack restriced area. cherry bomb to get the guard(s) close to the haystack, kill them and then start all over.

did 150kills today

xtreme-legend-
11-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Fast travel to palais bourbon jump into haystack get inside the little tent (hiding spot) there are 2 guards in front of it 2 easy hiding spot kills reapeat process every once in a while

dehvokahn
11-30-2014, 07:37 PM
I just found that both Palais de Justice and Palais Luxembourg are great places for the hiding spot.

Fast travel to place 1 => leap of faith => attract using Last Known Position => kill everyone => fast travel to place 2

If you get into conflict you can hide behind the oposite side of the cart and when you create a LKP, jump in the cart. They can't see you during the dive animation.

Thanks Slembroccoli for this, this is the best set of locations I've found either online or in game for hiding spot assassinations!

However, the AI for these "gosh darned" enemies is horrible!!!!!! The blue cops run around the hay cart over and over and then stop and never go near it, unless I use fire crackers, which makes them flip out and start running again!

Then the red royalists are at least a bit more cautious, but so much so that unless you create a LKP in just the right place and then immediately jump in the hay cart, they also won't come near enough the cart for you to kill them...

Which brings up the other issue: The enemy has to be in the perfect location to kill the guy from the cart!!! It's like the old workings of the hey cart assassinations don't work the same anymore, and it's much more difficult to do.

But thus is my feelings about the rest of this AC installment: Son I am disappoint!

But anyways, thanks Slembroccoli for the suggestion, this is still the best option I have come up with for the hiding spot assassinations challenge!