PDA

View Full Version : Uplay might be the problem... [Assassin's Creed: Unity] [HELP]

Abeguy2
11-22-2014, 03:24 PM
So I somehow managed to get the multiplayer working, for the current session I was in. However, I couldn't add anyone to my club and everyone I met in games was automatically added to my contacts list. (not sure if that's how it's supposed to work.) Seeing that these random people that I had no intention of adding to my contacts were IN my contacts I decided to delete them from said contacts. However when I deleted them, closed the menu, re-opened it and checked my contacts, they were there again.

So I thought it might be my game bugging out a bit so I thought a restart would be in order. [NOTE: when I launched AC:U, the pop-up that asks you to allow the Uplay Sevices, I clicked NO. All the other times I clicked yes, this was the only time I clicked NO and the multiplayer worked (for that session ONLY). Also Initiates was working and everything was fine (again for that session ONLY)]

So I restarted my game and clicked the no button again on the pop-up but this time it didn't work (I got the [0x60000001] error) And then I checked Initiates and my rank from Rioter changed to Initiate, and also when I checked my rank in-game it was 'Legend'.

All in all, I think the entire Uplay service might be to blame here since probably when I ended my game and my save was synched with the Uplay cloud. It could've changed some settings on the cloud and made it impossible again for me to access multiplayer.

Thoughts and other ideas what might be causing this?

Diarmuid_III
11-22-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure the in game contacts or club thing is working too well. I checked My Club and it has 48 members, all them are me! As for Initiates Website, the ranking there is separate from the ranking in game. Initiates accumulates points for your activities in-game for all AC games played not just Unity and your ranking there will always be different from your rank achieved in Unity.Your Assassin Style for current session is displayed in Initiates on an ongoing basis is that what you are referring to. If it is then that will change constantly throughout the session. Your Initiates website Rank should be the same and increasing.

Abeguy2
11-22-2014, 06:59 PM
I know that it's different. What I'm saying is that the ranking on initiates was first rioter then went back to initiate when I ended the first session. And my In-Game ranking was advanced trainee then after the first session with multiplayer working it changed to legend. Im saying that Uplay is most likeley the cause of all the online troubles because of how it tracks the rankings on both initiates and In-Game. And for me I had different contacts but after deleting them they were back in there.. it was annoying to say the least. [Though I'm not sure if Initiates is linked to Uplay. Even if it isn't then Initiates is screwy for me :s]

Yefrign
11-23-2014, 05:37 AM
I know that it's different. What I'm saying is that the ranking on initiates was first rioter then went back to initiate when I ended the first session. And my In-Game ranking was advanced trainee then after the first session with multiplayer working it changed to legend. Im saying that Uplay is most likeley the cause of all the online troubles because of how it tracks the rankings on both initiates and In-Game. And for me I had different contacts but after deleting them they were back in there.. it was annoying to say the least. [Though I'm not sure if Initiates is linked to Uplay. Even if it isn't then Initiates is screwy for me :s]

I'm fairly sure Initiates isnt linked to Uplay... I own the vast majority of the AC games excluding Black Flag and it hasnt picked up the fact I own most of the titles.

Having said that there doesn't seem to be any way to add the bloody games to your list so you can get the benefits from having them... the game and this system is working like an alpha... how did this get the seal of approval to ship I'll never know... I'd expect these problems from an indy company not a AAA title...

Abeguy2
11-23-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm fairly sure Initiates isnt linked to Uplay... I own the vast majority of the AC games excluding Black Flag and it hasnt picked up the fact I own most of the titles.

Having said that there doesn't seem to be any way to add the bloody games to your list so you can get the benefits from having them... the game and this system is working like an alpha... how did this get the seal of approval to ship I'll never know... I'd expect these problems from an indy company not a AAA title...

ah k I thought that it might not be too haha

and agreed I'm actually wondering if they play-tested the game at all?

Abeguy2
11-28-2014, 06:36 AM
So after patch 1.3.0 Multiplayer started working again. But it's kind of the same thing as it was when it first started working, contacts are automatically added, can invite anyone to join my game so on, so forth. I'm kind of scared to turn off my session since I think It'll just stop working again. And I might try it if this is still happening after a while... D:

Tanhino
11-28-2014, 10:14 AM
i cant connect to initiates and can't play co-op or basically game will not get me connected same is for far cry 4 :< when i try to connect in assassins creed unity it says ''connection failed- sorry, the required ubisoft services are currently unreachable. please try again later. [0x80000011]'' i have tried it later many times but i can't connect. it might be because of uplay, cause assassins creed unity and far cry 4 wont connect. i hope this can be fixed until then i just play whitout connecting.