PDA

View Full Version : Chests locked by AC Initiates and AC Unity Companion APP

similarly
11-22-2014, 10:28 AM
Okay, Ubisoft, it's bad enough that you have this companion app and that in order to unlock content for the game, I have to play your stupid buggy minigames on your stupid app, but NOW I find an INITIATES gold chest on my map. OH BOY! I go to the chest. It tells me my account is not linked to ac initiates. This is not true. I checked this morning. I'm level 2. But I go "okay, I'll complete the process. Maybe THIS "link your account" thing is why none of my other AC games will show anything but "no game data" on initiates." WTF? Now I'm level 1 again. Oh, well. No matter. At least I'm hopefully linked now. NO. My other games STILL are not linked. AND I'm level 1. Well, maybe I can at least open the golden chest now, right? NO. I have to be level 8, which I probably would be if your acinitiates website weren't a complete POS.

I get it that you're trying to be hip and "with it" with all these apps and websites, but I got news for you, ubi: they don't work and they're a PITA.

johnsmith145
11-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I mostly agree, though I think init. and the comp. app are faulty by design. The AC games are meant to be immersive. This is completely stripped away when you have to leave the game and play farmville in order to progress in the main game. The AC games are meant to be cohesive and stable. Had all the effort on init. and the comp. app instrad been put on a good story or fixing the plethora of bugs, the game would have been a more pleasant experience.

Lignjoslav
11-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Open Initiates from within the main game (the option for that is in the menu). Unity will open a browser window, log you into Initiates and synchronize. After that, you should be able to open the gold chests that you're supposed to get based on your Initiates rank (so some of the gold chests will remain locked; consult the Rewards pages on Initiates to see which of the awards you have been awarded).

BTW, if nothing seems to happen after choosing to go to Initiates from inside Unity, it's most likely that the browser window is in the background, so you'll have to Alt-Tab from Unity to see it.

NightmareGK13
11-22-2014, 04:38 PM
regarding nomad chests from companion app
synching was always an issue, now that i lost all my progress i hope they can restore it and fix the synching issues, im not picking that things up from scratch considering i even had some uplay unlockables and all

similarly
11-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Open Initiates from within the main game (the option for that is in the menu). Unity will open a browser window, log you into Initiates and synchronize. After that, you should be able to open the gold chests that you're supposed to get based on your Initiates rank (so some of the gold chests will remain locked; consult the Rewards pages on Initiates to see which of the awards you have been awarded).

BTW, if nothing seems to happen after choosing to go to Initiates from inside Unity, it's most likely that the browser window is in the background, so you'll have to Alt-Tab from Unity to see it.

I finally got Initiates to recognize ACU, but I still can't get it to recognize my progress in other games. But thanks for your help. Signing into Initiates from the game itself is, I think, how I got it to record my progress. Thank you.

Altair1789
11-23-2014, 01:48 AM
I wish I could get Alta´r's outfit without the companion app

bustin-ya
11-23-2014, 06:32 AM
I finally got Initiates to recognize ACU, but I still can't get it to recognize my progress in other games. But thanks for your help. Signing into Initiates from the game itself is, I think, how I got it to record my progress. Thank you.

Glad that works for some of you. My in game or out of game link don't work. :(

JestemTakiFajny
11-23-2014, 08:05 PM
About initiates chest. The second from level one with location in Rifts. Anyone found this? I searched belle epoque for it and after few sessions found only two artifacts to collect. Didn't see it in world war II rift neither but didn't focus on finding it as well. Maybe I will find it in medieval rift. If someone already collected this chest please confirm location of it.

http://i.imgur.com/xRnqDQK.jpg

I-o-IPositive7
11-23-2014, 08:21 PM
About initiates chest. The second from level one with location in Rifts. Anyone found this? I searched belle epoque for it and after few sessions found only two artifacts to collect. Didn't see it in world war II rift neither but didn't focus on finding it as well. Maybe I will find it in medieval rift. If someone already collected this chest please confirm location of it.

There're 2-3 shields inside all Rifts some of them are here :
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/958011-spoiler-stuck-at-99-total-sync

similarly
11-24-2014, 03:08 AM
I wish I could get Alta´r's outfit without the companion app

I've used the companion app. The computer KNOWS I've used it (because I got an achievement or action or something), but I still don't have Altair's outfit. WHY? Because the companion app and initiates don't work.

machine4578
11-24-2014, 06:57 AM
I've used the companion app. The computer KNOWS I've used it (because I got an achievement or action or something), but I still don't have Altair's outfit. WHY? Because the companion app and initiates don't work.

yes, the companion app is garbage.. i have almost completed the stupid app(after it reset on me 3 times losing almost all my progress) only to have my main save get corrupt and need to start over.. well guess what, now all my progress from the companion app didnt transfer to my new game and you cant start the companion app over(which i would NEVER want to play again anyways).. so i really hope ubisoft fixes the sync issues so no one ever needs to replay the stupid app once done(just a re-sync to save should be needed like AC4 kenway's fleet rewards).

Anduril79
11-24-2014, 07:10 AM
I doubt this will happen, but I hope the devs create a different way of obtaining the suit for those who don't have iPhones or and/or initiates! To tie up a game just because some people don't have access to the internet all the time or have the right phone is inexcusable!

Spikey1989
11-24-2014, 07:27 AM
i have a work around for not beein able to unlock chest and mission ingame. I (have/)had that problem myself, the way i do to avoid that problem are.

Keep the game up and running all the time, then u wont have the problem with not beeing able to unlock.