PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity - Multiple Saves

The.Tinman
11-22-2014, 09:03 AM
This is the first time in the franchise that Ubisoft prevents players from creating multiple save files, is there a petition that we can started to compel the company?

LUR21
11-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Yeah seriously. Does any mod know if this is a problem they are looking at to fix?

Diarmuid_III
11-22-2014, 09:43 AM
I really find it hard to believe it was designed like this. It cannot be a mistake. It has to be deliberate but why I just don't understand.

behindtimes
11-22-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm guessing it's designed that way to tie into the companion app.

Anyway, since there are no multiple save files, just backup your saves. (Personally, I went ahead and made a little app to automate that for me to help make it easier).

Abeguy2
11-22-2014, 04:05 PM
I guess you just go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\720 and then copy paste them in another folder. When you want to start a new game, delete the savefiles in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\720 (if it doesn't work when your game is launching quickly delete the savegame data then it should work). Then when you want to switch saves, just switch the files from the ones in the 720 folder and the ones you copied from the other save.

I know it's the most roundabout way but it's something for the time-being till Ubi thnks about what they're doing before they head down the path EA did... even though they're probably halfway there already...

Diarmuid_III
11-22-2014, 06:55 PM
It will be interesting to see how the use of different save files affects the mico-transactions via the Estore. If I buy items in the Estore are they linked to my current Unity game or to my my Uplay profile.

Abeguy2
11-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Your Uplay account most likely :)

milmitt
11-22-2014, 11:23 PM
DOes it work the same way with co-op clubs? I mean if you are in club and then you start a new game, are you still in the club even then?

Altair1789
11-23-2014, 02:04 AM
I think it involves co op and how your name is on top of your health bar

jeffies04
11-23-2014, 02:37 AM
They did this with Watch Dogs too, probably because it is so closely tied in with your uPlay account/multiplayer. What surprises me most about Unity is the lack of a "New Game" option, which Watch Dogs had. Aside from switching the save files, what did they expect us to do when we wanted to start a brand new replay of the game?

In former AC games I liked being able to create a new save slot if I wanted to start the campaign over, and still have my other game to come back to.

Also, from my experience, your Club is transferred over from a new save. In-game contacts (the part that's got the crash bug) are not. Seems like the game handles swapping out save-files pretty well, I've done it a few times.