PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks they should remaster assassins creeds 1, 2, & 3 for XOne PS4 and PC?

bloodspill3r
11-22-2014, 12:52 AM
In my opinion i think they should remaster assasssins creed 1, 2, & 3 for current gen and pc.

marvelfannumber
11-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Nah.

First off the games are way too recent for a remaster in my opinion.

Secondly if it were a remaster the games would be for the most part exactly the same only with prettier graphics, which would be pointless since all the ACs hold up pretty well still.

I would not mind a remake of AC1 for the 10th anniversary though, or a remake of AC3 once the time is right (like maybe 7 years from now minimum).

king-hailz
11-22-2014, 01:43 AM
It's just way too early! Ubisoft should first make a remake of Prince of persia sands of time! Then in the next generation or the generation after that they should make a remake. I actually think they should do a remaster of AC1 in 2027! Lol on the 20 year mark.... I am pretty sure they will still be making games after 2017 for the current franchise! So they should wait until they have finished or run out if ideas and then start again... and do it well that time lol...

MakimotoJin
11-22-2014, 01:52 AM
A AC1 or AC2 would be nice,but not right now.
If they do it,then I hope it's engine is revamped,and with new stuff.Also the damn free-running.Fix that and I'll buy 5 copies.

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-22-2014, 02:00 AM
I would love all those games to be remastered for next gen, but it's seems pretty obvious that we might not see that for a while IF they decide to do that.

ace3001
11-22-2014, 02:53 AM
The fans of each game will never be satisfied due to the inevitable differences, so I'm going to go with No on this one.

MakimotoJin
11-22-2014, 03:09 AM
The fans of each game will never be satisfied due to the inevitable differences, so I'm going to go with No on this one.

What do you mean by differences?

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-22-2014, 05:01 AM
For AC1, AC2, and ACB, yeah, I'd want that. But not for any other AC game, as they don't need it.

Latte10010
11-22-2014, 06:05 AM
I think AC2 & Brotherhood should be together and be 1080p for PS4, I definately going to buy it.
Am I only one who miss Brotherhood's multiplayer?
I want Venice, Mt Saint Michel, Castel Gandolfo again for multiplayer back and in 1080p
I like Multiplayer but these days those Caribbean settings are all look similar.

TorQue1988
11-22-2014, 01:29 PM
All i want is AC II & AC B remastered into a single game, with new missions, mechanics etc. Maybe even add new cities like Milano or Naples, new characters like Michelangelo and Raphael...
That would be a dream come true for me.

SleezeRocker
11-22-2014, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't mind if they were were remastered (especially AC2) to have smoother gameplay and nicer visuals ;)

Shahkulu101
11-22-2014, 07:28 PM
They should just remaster the Ezio trilogy.

Imagine Florence and Constantinople with graphics as pretty as Unity, denser streets and explorable interiors.

I suppose they could remaster AC3, I'd love to see the frontier with better graphics as well. It's already serenely beautiful though, so not a must have for me.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-22-2014, 07:38 PM
They should just remaster the Ezio trilogy.

Imagine Florence and Constantinople with graphics as pretty as Unity, denser streets and explorable interiors.

I suppose they could remaster AC3, I'd love to see the frontier with better graphics as well. It's already serenely beautiful though, so not a must have for me.

Revelations and AC3 don't need to be remastered. Just like Black Flag doesn't. Their graphics are good enough, and with Unity's engine problems, they don't need that. What would be nice, though, is for AC1, AC2, and ACB to be remastered using the Black Flag engine, and that's just to bring them up to par with Ubisoft's latest AC games.

Shahkulu101
11-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Revelations and AC3 don't need to be remastered. Just like Black Flag doesn't. Their graphics are good enough, and with Unity's engine problems, they don't need that. What would be nice, though, is for AC1, AC2, and ACB to be remastered using the Black Flag engine, and that's just to bring them up to par with Ubisoft's latest AC games.

You're kind of right. I still find Revelations absolutely stunning to look at which is due in part to the art direction. AC2 though, really does need a makeover - it's graphics are worse than its predecessor and looks really cartoony. It's also THE fan favourite so would probably sell well. As for AC1 unless they completely revamp the gameplay I don't see a point in going back to it. It's a very boring game to the majority of people. ACB isn't really in need of graphical enhancement just like ACR to be honest.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-22-2014, 07:52 PM
I still find AC2 and ACB to be the worst looking in the franchise, and definitely worse than AC1. If there just had to be one that got remastered, it should definitely be AC2. I was just thinking AC1 as well because it's the only one not connected to initiates. Plus it'd give them a chance to at least make the gameplay a bit better.

UncheckedNose
11-22-2014, 08:01 PM
First they need to fix the bugs in AC Unity. It would be nice to see what AC 1 and 2 would look like and play like on the new gen but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Dukie2k10
11-22-2014, 08:06 PM
In my opinion i think they should remaster assasssins creed 1, 2, & 3 for current gen and pc.

Me and another guy were just talkin about this yesterday!
yes to 1 and 2... maybe leave brotherhood and revelations for another few years and then 3..
especially if they could add in extra gameplay features (tweaks) nothing major.. but like in ac2 make the enemies attack abit more and little thigs like that.
plus itd be nice to have them all on one console...

Dukie2k10
11-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Hmm i like this idea equally.

DraconisLupus
11-22-2014, 08:31 PM
First off I voted no because I think AC should but not the rest. I think AC2, ACB, and ACR should be a bundle and wait till the ten year anniversary of ACB.

I think AC remastered on the Unity engine would not be as bad as some think. Let's face it every AC has been bug ridden. And to be honest most of the features that came after AC2 have been dropped for ACU. So it is already set up for AC. And really one of the only features that was kept from AC2 was swimming.

And with all of them there should be added content.

Thirsty_panda
11-22-2014, 08:34 PM
If they're going to do it at all than they should really just wait until they until they can give them all the unity treatment. Not because of the graphical improvements so much, but rather the NPC generation. Understandably this improvement could even be considered detrimental to AC 1 because it just simply wasn't designed with that kind of crowd in mind and would rather need a remake instead of a remastering to fully take advantage of it, but despite this, when we consider the Italy games, in particular, wouldn't the increased crowd count make the biggest impact at the end of the day? Would you really only want to settle for the Black Flag engine on that?

Mathias_Borealis
11-22-2014, 08:36 PM
I would wait another generation before a remake, right now there are still awesome ideas to develop, like egypt or far east... and i'm an italian and i loved assassin creed 2 and brotherhood, but i want to see more before going back :D if you play those titles on your PC with ultra graphics enabled they still are too much good. ^^

DraconisLupus
11-22-2014, 08:45 PM
wouldn't the increased crowd count make the biggest impact at the end of the day?

Yes it would but keep in mind that from AC2-AC4 running in a crowd caused you to fall down. The increased crowd size of ACU was offset by then just slowing you down and not knocking you flat. Larger crowds in the others would make some of the chases impossible.

MatrixCerberus
11-23-2014, 06:21 AM
If they left out the MP part, i'd definately buy a remaster package :)

Fatal-Feit
11-23-2014, 06:32 AM
It depends. If it's just a graphical/performance update, PC already runs them above 1080p and 60fps.

Thirsty_panda
11-23-2014, 07:56 AM
If they left out the MP part, i'd definately buy a remaster package :)

Why would that even matter? There's no logical reason for that.

@ Mathias: They seem to want to tackle two projects a year anymore. Liberation and Rogue received less attention than their counterparts. A remastering would require even less attention. We get sparred at least partially from over-saturation and sub par product this way.