PDA

View Full Version : Artifacts (for game completion) locked behing this BLASTED companion app...

Tanyn
11-21-2014, 09:31 PM
I can't say enough about how much I despise you for your actions with this release, Ubisoft. Christ, could you have done anything ELSE to screw up this game for the masses?

RedHotista
12-03-2014, 11:24 PM
I can't say enough about how much I despise you for your actions with this release, Ubisoft. Christ, could you have done anything ELSE to screw up this game for the masses?

I must say that I agree with you. The companion app is not even compatible with my android smartphone and now I can't get 100% because of this f*cking thing. That's just nonsense!! I'm really really a fan of AC, I played all games, I have all books, a lot of stuff... I even wear AC T-shirts god damn it! I can't say how disappointed I am because of all this... Unity had EVERYTHING to be like one of the best games of all time in my opinion, the french revolution is such a great background, the whole city is a [edit] masterpiece of art! Now I already have the platinum trophy and CLUB COMPETITION is not even launched yet. And what about the bugged Initiates? I have the XP from previous games but I don't have half the badges I should have by now. I couldn't find anywhere on Initiates about the damn artifacts and I can't play the companion app.

Why the [edit] would Ubisoft tie the synchronization to outside things? How come people pay for a game and completing 100% is not included in the package?!?

And I won't even say anything about my friend who can't even connect the game to the internet without getting a CRASH. He simply had to start a new game from scratch and he had almost 90% synch.

Damn you Ubisoft!

Johnny_R3b
12-04-2014, 05:40 AM
What the actual **** are they thinking

whalechan
12-04-2014, 12:03 PM
I must say that I agree with you. The companion app is not even compatible with my android smartphone and now I can't get 100% because of this f*cking thing...

If you want to still finish it, I think you can run android apps from under windows I think, saw someone posted a tool making it possible. I know it may not be the best but still a solution.

Xandrez21
12-04-2014, 12:14 PM
You need to pay for it. They should change the name of the APP. Its not a Free Companion, so...should be called PROSTITUTE APP!
Come on, its a nice name PROSTITUTE UNITY APP :rolleyes: That **** keeps reseting and bugs me with no connection errors or not syncing.

OxIdOAC
12-04-2014, 05:32 PM
You need to pay for it. They should change the name of the APP. Its not a Free Companion, so...should be called PROSTITUTE APP!
Come on, its a nice name PROSTITUTE UNITY APP :rolleyes: That **** keeps reseting and bugs me with no connection errors or not syncing.

You don't need to pay for it. The app is FREE. You can only pay for more assassins for doing missions faster. Nothing more.
And yes, there is Android emulator for Windows, Its free and it works like a charm. Here (http://www.andyroid.net/).

Enjoy

RedHotista
12-05-2014, 03:35 PM
If you want to still finish it, I think you can run android apps from under windows I think, saw someone posted a tool making it possible. I know it may not be the best but still a solution.

Thank you. I might try this out.
But still... this is so [edit] up from Ubi.

You don't need to pay for it. The app is FREE. You can only pay for more assassins for doing missions faster. Nothing more.
And yes, there is Android emulator for Windows, Its free and it works like a charm. Here (http://www.andyroid.net/).

Enjoy

Thank you very much too sir.

OxIdOAC
12-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Thank you very much too sir.

No problem. Glad to help. ;)

JohnConnor2012
12-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Emulator or no, I won't buy any future AC game that imposes a 2nd screen on us.

@Xandrez21: Surely an unfair comparison - prostitutes are at least way more socially useful and reliable than the Companion app.

M4EOzzy
12-06-2014, 12:57 AM

Enjoy
Well, not "nothing more," to be exact. If you'd like to listen to the songs being sung in game that are added to the database. A wonderful feature in the truly free AC Black Flag app, then you need to pay for premium. Songs are not available in the free version.

The artists and designers of this game are to be commended. Those who decided or created all the social hooks, For Pay options (Helix points), companion app, Initiates website should, well, at a minimum receive a very stern talking to.

Fatal-Feit
12-06-2014, 02:50 AM
''Enhancing'' our gameplay my arse.

Anykeyer
12-06-2014, 08:45 AM
''Enhancing'' our gameplay my arse.

Companion app has a lot of replay value :cool:

Bahjabroni
12-06-2014, 09:14 AM
IMO this is the worst part of Unity (despite the tech faults). The amount of tie-ins to outside things (Initiates/The App) is ridiculous and a real annoyance.

One thing though is if you have a Windows 8 machine you can download the app to your PC and use it from there. Just go to the search button from the Metro page of Windows, type store and then Assassins Creed Unity Companion and you can install it right from there (its free).

The app is really annoying though. Send your assassins out on missions and wait 15 minutes doing NOTHING.

OxIdOAC
12-06-2014, 11:11 AM
The app is really annoying though. Send your assassins out on missions and wait 15 minutes doing NOTHING.

LOL, 15 minutes, yeah right. I'm 80% done on App missions and they now take about 24 hours each and i think even more for a few last ones.
So, take it easy, 15 minutes is nothing. :cool:

whalechan
12-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I don't particularly care if a mission takes a day, but the fact that one of your assassins is dispatched immediately to retrieve the reward and you can not abort that. Meaning I will either have to go in game to open/finish it myself, OR wait a day for the bot to return; additionally the app seems to send out the highest level bot of all that were in the mission...

Fragmentalist
12-06-2014, 02:28 PM
the app seems to send out the highest level bot of all ...

Probably to keep you playing the app longer, thus increasing the likelihood of you spending money on it.That said, I think the way features are locked behind external applications is disgusting and overly greedy as well.

Bahjabroni
12-06-2014, 10:20 PM
LOL, 15 minutes, yeah right. I'm 80% done on App missions and they now take about 24 hours each and i think even more for a few last ones.
So, take it easy, 15 minutes is nothing. :cool:

lol I got to one that took 15 minutes and I stopped caring, they go as high as 24 hours???

Thats just stupid. What a horrible idea this thing was.