PDA

View Full Version : 10 days in, and Co-op is still a tragic disaster.

Tanyn
11-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Alright guys, this was your PRIMARY SELLING POINT for this title, and it is so unstable it makes my brain cells bleed. So many issues plague co-op, and it all just reeks of Ubisoft being unprepared for this.

A) On that [side] note, every one of the last dozen titles you've released were plagued by inadequate UPlay server capacity. How many times does this need to happen before you get it right?

The issues that plague Co-op (that i've encountered):

Lag

- A Game-Breaking level of it, more often than not. Nothing like swinging at an enemy, and watching your sword cut straight through him, with no effect whatsoever.
- Also, never knowing if you need to use medicine or not, because you're not getting any feedback on the damage you've taken.
- Quite often, it gets so bad, that the whole system just has a seizure, boots everyone out and self-quits the mission.

Crashes

- Self-Explanatory. Many can't even LAUNCH co-op (or any other connection-dependent features for that matter) due to the ACU.EXE crash.

Dependency on UPlay (for private co-op runs)

- If I'm in a private co-op mission, running it by myself, and the UPlay servers go down (which is MUCH too often), then I get booted out of the game. Design Failure.

Uplay/Ubisoft Servers

- I mean, seriously. How many times must you go through this terribly inadequate cycle of crap, before you get a clue and PREPARE for your launches?
- No less than twice a day, I get features of the game that I'm locked out of, because connection to your servers was either lost (AGAIN), or can't be established in the first place.
- This is also evident in how many blasted forum problems you've had over the last few days (one of which was so screwed that it even told me I had been banned, when I hadn't ... good job on that)

Progression resets

- I'm assuming this is due to the catastrophic failure otherwise known as UPlay, but there are times when I reach a certain rank (such as last night, when I hit Master) ... only to be knocked back down a rank, completely randomly, 2 hours later. All my other progress seems to be kept, the gear I upgraded with the Creed Points still remains upgraded, but the game suddenly just wipes a couple of tens of thousands of Creed Points off of my account, and drops me in rank accordingly.

I'm sure I missed some things, but the point remains the same. You based your entire advertising campaign on this feature, and you couldn't even be bothered to make sure you were able to handle it, or that it worked properly? ... You have taken your customers for granted, taken advantage of their confidence in you, and are now totally neglecting them ... I would say "fix the game" to you Ubisoft, but at this point, I'm just saying fix YOUR COMPANY ... because it's going down the wrong road.

MnemonicSyntax
11-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Are you sending this to Support?

Tanyn
11-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Are you sending this to Support?

Every time I encounter a new issue, I do, yes. My answers have all been some copied/pasted version of "we're working on it". But I mean damn ... their primary feature, and they didn't even bother to TEST it... lazy. as. hell.

NOtricious
11-21-2014, 11:06 PM
hey i cant even play it i could on the fisrt day now i just get some random ******** that i should try it later.

im really pist off at ubisoft for being so bad at it serieusly some people call us whiners etc etc etc but i paid 80 euro's for a game and i cant even play co-op and before some ****ty forum moderater goes like "did you send this to support " YES LIKE ALL THE OTHER FREAKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

i paid for a game and i was looking forward to co-op and i only played it 1 day then everything got ****ed up

DO YOUR ****ING WORK UBISOFT

Shaftex
11-21-2014, 11:22 PM
I completely agree. Ubisoft needs to cut the crap & start taking MORE TIME to create their games. Unity was apparently in development for 4 years? They release an Assassin's Creed game once a year for the past 7 years, which sounds pretty impressive, until their games fail at launch. Given the fact that as time goes by, technology gets more complex, especially since they are using completely different technological systems to change game play mechanics, they need to cut back on the annual releases.

Ubisoft needs to break that promise for the annual release, & deliver a much higher quality game when it's actually ready. I am a major fan of the series (including Unity), but it's just not finished man. Seriously half ***'d done, & I hope they are working on new improvements for the game because this is just unacceptable. I didn't pay $99 for something that I thought was gonna be great. This makes it my fault & responsibility for purchasing their product. But Ubisoft loses the credit...

Ubisoft, you are a company. When you sell a product that delivers to the customer, the customer will come back for more.
Otherwise you can kiss them goodbye.

HowlinWolf_PL
11-21-2014, 11:27 PM
bumped..true...true