PDA

View Full Version : What happened to multiple save files?

xRoni7x
11-21-2014, 08:14 PM
I would like to start a new game without erasing my current save. Is there even a way to start a new game? Watch Dogs also only had one save file. All previous AC's had 3. What happened?

Also replaying story missions is bull. Just played the prison mission again and I was wearing the Assassin outfit and was using an actual sword. I swear this game has taken so many steps back.

Anyway. Can I start a new game while keeping my save? If I cant thats bull. Also if CooP is the reason I cant then that is extra bull. I finished all heists and mission and probably wont play them again as they are boring.

bitebug2003
11-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately you can't have multiple save files (my guess it has to do with the Co-op - your PSN/GT at the top left is rather telling).

wvstolzing
11-21-2014, 10:03 PM
I post this every time someone brings this up; and every time it's ignored. So, once again:

I haven't tried this yet, but with PS4's savegame backups, it should be possible to create an archive of old playthroughs.

It's easy to do --- though a bit of a hassle.

For the *PS4*, this is the procedure:
> Get a usb drive (standard thumb drives should work fine; if you can format the drive in 'exfat', file transfers work faster; FAT is way too slow.)

> Plug it into the PS4.
> On the home screen, go to 'Settings' (next to last on the upper row)
> Select "Application Saved Data Management"
> A new menu will appear; select "Saved Data in System Storage"
> A new menu will appear with options,
--- Upload to Online Storage
--- Copy to USB Storage Device
--- Delete
> Select "Copy to USB Storage Device"
> A menu of your games and apps will appear; select the one whose data you wish to copy over.
> Yet another menu will appear, asking you to choose among savegames, and profile info. Tick the checkboxes.
> Select 'Copy'

> Create a backup folder on your computer, on some convenient location; don't forget to give it a name that will remind you as to what it is, relevant info, etc.
> Unplug the USB drive from the PS4, plug it into your computer
> There should be a folder called 'PS4' on the USB drive now; the PS4 writes only into this folder. Under the folder there are two subfolders, 'SHARE' and 'SAVEDATA'. 'Share' contains snapshots and videos, if you choose to copy them over; 'Savedata' contains savegames. Under 'savedata' there will likely be lots of subfolders with gibberish names. One of those contains ACU save data; if you're doing this from scratch, there will obviously be a single folder.
> Take that folder and copy it into the backup folder you've created on your computer.

> Now you can go back and delete savegame data on the PS4, and start over.

> To restore backup data, you have to do the operation in reverse. Under 'Application Saved Data Management', select 'Saved Data on USB Storage Device', and on the next menu, select 'Copy to System Storage'.

Megas_Doux
11-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Anything on PC?

I LOVE the prologue, I would not mind replaying it again.....

wvstolzing
11-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Anything on PC?

That should be easy to find out via google; for previous games, they were somewhat hidden in 'AppData' directories *somewhere* under the user directory in Windows.

Megas_Doux
11-21-2014, 10:11 PM
I see, I will try!

Fatal-Feit
11-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Anything on PC?

Dunno if this works, but:

Go to game save location --> move the file to another secure folder --> start the game up again

D.I.D.
11-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Dunno if this works, but:

Go to game save location --> move the file to another secure folder --> start the game up again

I'm not sure if that works either - wouldn't the online synced data rewrite anyway?

It still amazes that the game shipped this way. I understand that the game might have worked perfectly on the dev kit, and that the studios can't see if the game runs on a commercial model until it's gone through approval and digital signing, and you might even see brand new errors emerging because of console OS updates, but that still doesn't explain weirdness like tooltips obscuring data boxes, and the complete absence of even a New Game option, let alone save slots. Maybe they were trying to improve stats on how much of the game each player completes?

xRoni7x
11-22-2014, 11:28 AM
I use an Xbox One mate...