PDA

View Full Version : Game too dark

RdJ1
11-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Some sections (particularly underground, because there's no... well... daylight there; you might have figured that :P) of the game are so dark I can barely see anything on my screen. I tried putting the brightness of my screen to the max, but that didn't really help. Why is there no brightness setting in-game?

Irxe
11-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Some sections (particularly underground, because there's no... well... daylight there; you might have figured that :P) of the game are so dark I can barely see anything on my screen. I tried putting the brightness of my screen to the max, but that didn't really help. Why is there no brightness setting in-game?

Try to change the setting for ambient occlusion to SSAO or off.. If still the same try to verify the game.

DarkWolf29
11-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Um, if you're talking about Unity, it DOES have a brightness setting in game. It defaults to 5/10 I think. I too find it's very dark at night or underground. Setting brightness up to 6 seems to go a bit too far though, especially when back above ground\daylight.

DW

PricklyBlitz
11-21-2014, 10:37 PM

you need to properly calibrate your monitor not the game my brightness is at 5/10 and its the perfect balance outside and underground

All.Names.Taken
11-22-2014, 05:56 AM
you need to properly calibrate your monitor not the game my brightness is at 5/10 and its the perfect balance outside and underground

Well, I calibrate my monitor near monthly (I'm OCD that way) with my Spyder (http://spyder.datacolor.com/display-calibration), and I still agree with the OP. So I think there is probably more to it than that. (But yes, in general, I strongly agree with you that one should calibrate their monitors.)

RdJ1
11-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Um, if you're talking about Unity, it DOES have a brightness setting in game. It defaults to 5/10 I think. I too find it's very dark at night or underground. Setting brightness up to 6 seems to go a bit too far though, especially when back above ground\daylight.

DW

Oh really ^^
I didn't see it, but I'll take a look at it.

RdJ1
11-22-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm an idiot...

I tried putting it to 6, but that makes even the tunnels look too bright and it makes my eyes hurt in bright daylight.

Would be nice to have some options in between 5 and 6.