PDA

View Full Version : Shift Key use on Saitek Evo

Lightning72
08-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Looking at the profile editor, it looks like you should be able to program the throttle, togther with one of the shift keys to provide a slider function separate from the main one. I would like to do this (eg. power on main throttle slider and trim on the shift throttle) but IL2/FB doesn't seem to recognize the input. Has anyone else done this and if so how?

Lightning72
08-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Looking at the profile editor, it looks like you should be able to program the throttle, togther with one of the shift keys to provide a slider function separate from the main one. I would like to do this (eg. power on main throttle slider and trim on the shift throttle) but IL2/FB doesn't seem to recognize the input. Has anyone else done this and if so how?

VMF513_Sandman
08-19-2004, 05:42 AM
all programming commands u input to the stick must match the same commands that is set up in fb's controls. shift states do give u extra buttons to program. my slider is set to work the prop pitch. elevator trim controlled by taking the same keystrokes that would be on the keyboard and setting the hat switch to be recognized as buttons, and program in a macro.
ex: elevator trim-up ='s 'up arrow' key. u go in the profile editor and go to 'advanced command' to set up the macro and 'quantitze time' to adjust the macro delay. so when the hat switch is pressed up, the controller 'presses' the up arrow key alot fast that u can.

Tully__
08-19-2004, 05:49 AM
AFAIK if you're using an axis or a slider as an axis or a slider, you can't shift it. Only when you use the banding function to make an axis send keystrokes instead of axis data will the shift function be of any use with your throttle.

=================================================

http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/sig.jpg

Tully's X-45 profile (SST drivers) (http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/fb.zip)

Salut
Tully

Lightning72
08-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks, guys. Most helpful.