PDA

View Full Version : Enough ranting and complaining, what do we love about Unity?

zoobezee
11-21-2014, 02:03 AM
Seriously, what is it that makes this game awesome or amazing to you?
i love the optional HUD elements. After playing every main game in the series, i do NOT need to be reminded what A,B,X, and Y do, at all times outside of credits and cut scenes.
i love the fact that Arno is dismissed from the brotherhood. Though his ties to it are weak at best, Ubisoft at least decided to point this out as a plot point. Clever.
i like Arno's attitude towards the Templars and the Brotherhood. Not really buying into or caring about either, but following his own path that just happened to have crossed swords or words with both.

D.I.D.
11-21-2014, 02:59 AM
The big assassinations are the best thing this series has ever done. I'm sure it's what Desilets would have loved to do in AC1 if the processing power was available then. Also this game feels the most respectful to that original vision.

Side missions are no longer side missions. Skip those are you're missing core game components, and even the B-grade side missions are often as good as the main missions from past games. Co-op is a lot of fun. I like the murder investigations a lot more than I thought I would - very different to the Arkham: Origins time-wasting pretence of a game style - and they add a little context to the historical world. Reminded me of the old Channel 4 UK browser game "Bow Street Runners".

Gameplay in general is much improved. Love the difficulty, love the feeling that I'm actually winning based on my decisions and skill. Love getting killed, love learning from it and coming back with a plan to do better. AI is obviously a work in progress, but much improved. I like it that guards have two senses of vision and hearing, and that you can influence the hearing one with your stats.

World is beautiful. Great clothing design, hair that is actually "grown" from the scalp, very sophisticated facial animation in cutscenes. Even the painted typography on the shop walls is great.

Lighting system is incredible, especially towards the end of the game. Loads of lovely touches, from the subtle light/dark blindness when entering and exiting buildings, to the sickly yellow tones towards the nastiest stages of the game. The darkest night time is truly like the night. The first moments of sunrise are lovely. Mornings look different to afternoons.

Crowds are a great improvement on the past, with a huge amount of different behaviours among them: the occasional NPC who leers at you when walking past, or the couple getting measured for suits (or maybe for wedding clothes?) outside the tailor's shop. I love happening upon something I've never seen before from the NPCs, which still happens.

zoobezee
11-21-2014, 03:48 AM
i like the crowds too. Though i did notice something off earlier. A couple walked straight on through a pile of "horse apples" on the road. If you are going to add such disgusting details, it would also be nice if they added crowds that would avoid such things. That would have been an awesome detail. Intelligent useless crowds.

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 03:58 AM
Setting: one of my favourite period in history - artistically speaking and ambient speaking (18th and 19th century are the best)

Story: Can't say much yet but liking it so far

Immersion: sweet sweet lighting, gritty, dirty, crowded, just as it would have been irl.

Game mechanics: out with the old in with the new, although I do miss somethings, I really like new ones parkour wise and lockpicking wise, plenty more tho.

Customization: says it all

these just stand out the most + going back to it's roots as it should, probably the best AC since Brotherhood, personally ACII was the best of the best hands down

The bad...

Companion app and initiates lock a ****load of content that should be able to be unlocked in-game... same goes for co-op, although co-op missions can be done solo, those items should not be locked in game, and same goes for club competition

Do keep in mind that I can enjoy all this with a system that is below minimum specs on the GPU, I have a 550ti and yet I can play with ultra high textures and high environments with 20+ fps in 1280xsomething, no bloom and even high shadows

processor and ram are par
8gb ram + i7 2600 3.4ghz

MnemonicSyntax
11-21-2014, 04:07 AM
Love it all but the lack of previous combat capabilities. and I don't mean easy countering because I love the new combat difficult. What I miss is disarming, fist combat, the ability to use any weapon (without going to a menu to change it) human shield and for non-combat, fast walk and gentle push, especially with the crowds.

If it had all that, plus what we already have, it'd be perfect. As is, it's still very enjoyable though.

NightmareGK13
11-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Love it all but the lack of previous combat capabilities. and I don't mean easy countering because I love the new combat difficult. What I miss is disarming, fist combat, the ability to use any weapon (without going to a menu to change it) human shield and for non-combat, fast walk and gentle push, especially with the crowds.

If it had all that, plus what we already have, it'd be perfect. As is, it's still very enjoyable though.

that brings me to the other question... no unnarmed combat?

Calgerion
11-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Sry man but I am starting to hate Unity COMPLETELY!!!

aniket_nayak
11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Let's not kid ourselves. There is nothing to love about this pathetic excuse for a video game.

Isilea
11-21-2014, 08:52 AM
game was good only thing that did bother me is the companion app besides that got everything 100% in AC unity loved every second of it the graphics, the storyline well tbh nothing to complain. as with every game yea there were some bugs they get fixed overtime but still the game itself is another great AC if you just know how to look past some bugs that will be fixed anyway

kimkimon
11-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Yeah right nothing to love this unless they make it playable run 60fps on my rig no more stutter no more frame drops no more bugs etc thats how i love the game