PDA

View Full Version : Installing DS

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 05:34 AM
I've had to reinstall GR after crashing my hard drive in a screaming heap..... I have Ghost Recon Complete(ie GR, GRDS & GRIT) I CAN install GR and GRIT, and they both work fine, but can't install DS. An MP1 folder is created when the game is patched, but the full 'mod' is not installed. I've tried totally uninstalling, clearing registry, patches 1.3 and 1.4....
I want to get back into it!!
Any ideas appreciated.

"I don't care who you hire, as long as they are
not complete muppets"

Message Edited on 08/28/03 05:20AM by errolfan

Message Edited on 08/28/0306:18AM by errolfan

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 05:34 AM
I've had to reinstall GR after crashing my hard drive in a screaming heap..... I have Ghost Recon Complete(ie GR, GRDS & GRIT) I CAN install GR and GRIT, and they both work fine, but can't install DS. An MP1 folder is created when the game is patched, but the full 'mod' is not installed. I've tried totally uninstalling, clearing registry, patches 1.3 and 1.4....
I want to get back into it!!
Any ideas appreciated.

"I don't care who you hire, as long as they are
not complete muppets"

Message Edited on 08/28/03 05:20AM by errolfan

Message Edited on 08/28/0306:18AM by errolfan

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:37 AM
To errolfan,

Did you get the gold edition box set or buy the CD's as they came out individually? If you do have the gold edition follow the bottom install after uninstall.

GR Uninstall

First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.

Undetected Version: by MD300

Do this in this order and it works:
GR forum about Gold Edition not being compatible:
Uninstall ghost recon and all folders/files associated with the game. -Restart computer.
Re-install Ghost recon.
Install 1.3 patch. - install 1.4 patch.
Then install Desert siege and Island thunder.
This worked for me. Good luck. and after that was able to find the version and bingo no more problems.

Message Edited on 08/28/0309:38PM by snipe21

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 01:49 AM
I bought the "Complete" game which I think is the same as Gold, all three discs together. The Original CD and DS CD seem to be exactly the same, ie My Computer =>D:\ =>Properties... show the exact same size and files.

I've reinstalled as suggested, and patched with 1.3 and 1.4. When I insert the DS CD and the auto run screen comes up, it asks to uninstall GR. Same with clicking on D:\Setup.exe

Still hoping....

Cheers
Errolfan

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 03:04 AM
To errolfan,

There are two disks on the one CD of the gold edition and the third expansion pack is on the second CD. Are you allowing it to install into the default location on your PC?

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 03:20 AM
Yes it is installing to C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon (This is the directory it creates). It doesn't tell me to insert another disk or anything like that. Tried installing, restarting computer, patch 1.3, restarting computer, patch 1.4, restarting computer and all other combonatins. I've also tried installing off the DS CD (ie the disk with DS graphic on the actual disk), it still only installs the original game.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 03:52 AM
To errolfan,

Click start my computer and right click your drive that has CD ROM letter next to it and select "explore" and search for the .exe to the the one you are trying to install but first do the uninstall again as I showed you. Get back to us.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 05:56 AM
Both CDs have
"GhostRecon.exe", "Setup.exe", "igor.exe" in D:\ directory,
"Setup.exe" in D:\ubicom,
"AutoRun.exe" in D:\Autorun
"dxsetup.exe" in D:\Directx8
"UBI1.exe" in D:\Registration

Also tried to install with Antivirus off and on, same problem with DS not anywhere to be found

Message Edited on 08/29/0305:12AM by errolfan

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 08:31 AM
To errolfan,

I'm beginning to think you have a lemon copy now if that .exe can't be found so can you return it to the place of purchase? There is every chance that this has happened because awhile back some boxed sets came with two copies of GR.