PDA

View Full Version : How to use a crafted syringe (PC, keyboard and mouse) POSSIBLE SPOILER

WaxwingSlain
11-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Can anyone tell me how to actually use one of the syringes that you craft? I've enabled the skill for crafting hunter syringes for example, and I have made three of them. But when I enable the "syringe wheel" (TAB key), and click on the syringe, it just makes more of them. It gives me no option for actually USING the syringe so I can gain the hunter buff.

I have to say, this console-centric "wheel" interface is not intuitive at all when playing on a PC. And there are no prompts, and the keyboard bindings don't give any indication on how to use crafted syringe. It tells you how to use a HEALING syringe (L CTRL) but it does not tell you how to use one of the special syringes you can craft once you've skilled up.

Further, is there any way to CRAFT a plain old regular HEALING syringe? Or do you only get them from buying them or picking up medkits? Seriously, this part of the game could have been a lot clearer. I don't mind that AAA games are always ports from console games, but at least put a little thought into how PC users are supposed to actually play the thing with a keyboard and mouse, which is the standard for first-person shooters, after all.

Dreddpool82
11-22-2014, 11:23 AM
same here i can't figure it out, FC3 it use to b the H key, but FC4 is just confusing.

S4sk
11-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Healing syringes, are auto crafted for every 2x green leafs you pick up, up to the max allowed by your syringe kit crafting level (6 i believe)
So basicly if you have a stash of green leaf in you inventory, when you use a medkit (L CTRL) and you have 2 or more green leaf, you will notice your medkit counter doesn't go down, as it auto replenishes)

The other 4 speciality syringes, I have the opposite problem of taking syringe accidentally when crafting them. to take one you have to exit the crafting wheel, with the syringe type still highlighted (the quadrant goes yellowish when highlighted) ... bit of a faff to be honest when using KB+M, trying to hold the selection with the mouse pointer ... I miss the hotkey selection from FC3

WoodsGun
11-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Collect Green plants to craft healing syringes.. 2x green plants needed for each.
Medkits also count as a healing syringe and when picked up will add to you inventory of syringes.
And you can buy them at trade posts.

Holding TAB brings up the syringe wheel,
move mouse to select syringe you want to use and just release tab to USE it.
to CRAFT one move mouse to select syringe you want to craft and CLICK LMB

Select and release to use, Select and click LMB to Craft.

When you unlock a new syringe the game prompts tell me to incorrectly 'press and hold 1,2,3,4,Q to use new syringe' NOWHERE does it mention to use the TAB key ever - THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING. Stupid bug that should never have got into the realease game..

Took me a bit of trial and error to figure this out myself... first farcry game ive played.

ninja6Rmarc
11-22-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm also having this problem with disabling and enabling the sticky feature for explosives, can anyone tell me how to do this also would be greatly appreciated.

WoodsGun
11-22-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm also having this problem with disabling and enabling the sticky feature for explosives, can anyone tell me how to do this also would be greatly appreciated.

Pull up weapon wheel, Highlight the explosive and press T. which toggels sticky on or off.
This is a bit of a pain as unless you do it quickly it highlights your main weapon again witin about 2 seconds which is annoying and a bug imo.

Now here you will find yet ANOTHER BUG... when you toggle either on or off you throw a grenade (not tried other explosives yet) but it disappears, doesnt explode and does not use one of your inventory. so at least its just running the animation when it should not and nothing more.. not a game breaker but its annoying and should never have passed testing.

No beta testing seems to have been done on this game lol.....

Nandiman
11-22-2014, 01:39 PM
to craft: Pull it up with TAB, keep holding TAB, move mouse over syringe, click mouse
to use: Pull it up with TAB, keep holding TAB, move mouse over syringe, release TAB

WoodsGun
11-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Having an action on the release of tab seems arse backwards and will lead to many accidental syringe uses.

Would have preffered LMB to CRAFT, RMB to USE (or the other way round)

i guess on a controller the wheel resets the selection to nothing when analog stick is centred so not a problem there but not tried it.

Qatillion
12-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Now here you will find yet ANOTHER BUG... when you toggle either on or off you throw a grenade (not tried other explosives yet) but it disappears, doesnt explode and does not use one of your inventory. so at least its just running the animation when it should not and nothing more.. not a game breaker but its annoying and should never have passed testing.

It isn't doing a grenade throw, its throwing a rock since by default both rock and toggle sticky are keybound to "T"

TimCole
12-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Yeah, it's a wonky mechanism. I had a tendency to end up using the blasted syringe the instant I crafted it.
The game system automatically crafts healing syringes when two green leaves are available and a slot is free.

The trick, for me any way, is to hold down a weapon key (I seem to use "1" -- I guess my little finger likes it) and press the right mouse button to get the syringe wheel. While holding both the key and the button, I drag the mouse cursor to the syringe I want. Then (and only then!) I release the mouse button.

To keep from accidentally using a syringe, I drag the mouse cursor back to the center of the wheel before releasing any keys. HTH .

with10cubes
01-11-2015, 11:26 PM
to craft: Pull it up with TAB, keep holding TAB, move mouse over syringe, click mouse
to use: Pull it up with TAB, keep holding TAB, move mouse over syringe, release TAB

I have tried this solution (I have the game open at this moment) and sadly this does not work. I am trying multiple button combinations, but nothing. I have 7 of the hunting syringes crafted and I can't even use them. The only time I can is when I have the materials with me and I craft AND use on the spot. If they could simply assign keys to the use of crafted syringes, things would be so much easier. As it is, the wheel is useful (I guess) for crafting them, but for actually using them it is just bad. I almost never use the other syringes specifically because that system is so terrible. I hope it gets an overhaul.