PDA

View Full Version : same performance in all graphical settings

shakerbean
11-19-2014, 11:00 PM
I have i5 3570k @3.4ghz .. 4gb gtx 680, 16gb ram.. and running the game at 1920*1080

if i exclude anti aliasing.. and have vsync off.
no matter what settings or resolution i use i always get 25-30fps when running on a crowded street..
40ish fps when running on rooftops and back alleys .. and..
60fps when climbing a wall and only the wall is in view.

but its not 25-30 clean fps .. and not 40 clean fps .. its random lag and jerkiness everywhere that cant be seen in fraps counter
.. i can have good framerate for 5 steps.. then its like the game skip
5 frames at once and its like that alot.
and occationally the game freeze for 10 seconds
if i use adaptive vsync and lock it to 30fps i still get 25-30 fps on streets.. and its the only way to make the game barely playable.. full adaptive vsync make everything move in "waves " .. like the screen is under water. and the ingame vsync just ruins everything unless u have 60fps.
I think i should be able to play this game at least at a solid 30fps without random lag or drops becuse even my old hardware outperforms the consoles by far.. and its not like im trying to run the game in 4k.
Like i said . .same framerates on ALL settings .. thats kinda wierd? or its cpu bottleneck ? idk

Rubble The Dj1
11-19-2014, 11:16 PM
i doubt its your cpu my setup is a i5 2500k oc'd to 4.5ghz, 2gb GTX 760 gigabyte OC edition, 8 gb gsillz rip jaw ram, i basically think you will find even though you have the magical 4gb vram your card is a little slower than the more recent cards in some respects. for me i basically have to run the game in 1366x768 resolution with windowless border mode on and the textures and environment quality and all that is all set to high and very high. if i use any other resolutions i get similair experience to you. try dropping a resolution down to 1600x900 also i would keep AA on probably fxaa for your card but yeh i think its the resolution thats making your game hang

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-19-2014, 11:57 PM
It's not your CPU, unless it's downclocking due to overheating. Otherwise, it's just the game. You'll get better FPS if you lower your resolution. But the cause of performance issues for me are the buildings and vegetation (trees, pruned bushes). Buildings more so, but vegetation impacts almost as much (again, the pruned trees in the wealthier parts of Paris).

shakerbean
11-20-2014, 01:00 AM
yes, thnx .. its the resolution :D .. looks like i can maintain playable framerates(60 most of the time ..and sometimes 50) if i go down to 720p.. and set environment quality to low as well .. at least in the area i tried running in .. if i have it on ultra and 60 fps in one area .. then i can have like 54fps when i come back to the same place, and its dust in the air or whatever..

720p on a 1080 screen looks very blocky and blurred. :mad:

btw if i change to windowed borderless or window i lose 10 fps .. and with aa in res lower than native things just get more blurred for me.

YazX_
11-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums, i think its you GPU utilization, can you try to monitor your GPU utilization while playing, i believe its working 50%-60% on high settings and drops to 30%-40% on low as i had similar issue. however, if that was the case, then please contact support and report this problem so you will be added to the affected queue.

Anyway, Ubisoft has pinpointed the issue with framerate drop and a fix should be available soon.

Simon152012
11-20-2014, 08:12 PM
I got 50% CPU utilization and 30% GPU utilization on 2x 280x. I get around 20 fps and it looks very cinematic indeed.
Crysis 3 on ultra 8x MSAA I get 3x less cinematic experience (only 60 fps v-sync on)

wootwoots
11-21-2014, 06:28 AM
I run it with an "old" i7 940 2.93 GHz and a gtx 670 with
environment : medium, ( tried high, and no changement in framerate btw... the camera just look a bit more "heavy" to move )
texture : high
shadow : low ( dont see difference between low and high.. so... )
fxaa,
HBAO+ ( occlu off give me same framerate and SSAO is worst than HBAO+ or occ off... so... )
bloom stuff off ( tried on, no framerate changement either )
vsync off

And most of the time when i start the game, its like the OP i have like 20-25fps ( sometime nice framerate drop ) on the ground with random freeze ( like 1-2sec ) / camera "jerkiness".. etc...
So i have to quit and restart the game serveral time ( sometime i had to do this like 10time -_-" ) to finaly get something "stable" and it mean no more camera "jerkiness" and around 35+ fps stable fps on the ground. Just drop to 30-31 with full crowd on screen. ( or a terrific 25fps in the main house you buy.. forgot the name )

But even like that... after somes loading, missions changements, or death.. the game can go nuts and go back with the low framerate / jerkiness and stuff... -_-"

And just to be clear, i DONT have any single issue with any single recent games other than ubicrap pc port...
that's a real BAD job.... They better have to fix their optimization... -_-"

What a shame to produce nice game and totaly waste game experience it with terrific optimization.
No wonder why ubi lost stock option value when that game was released....