PDA

View Full Version : We need a standalone MP map editor

Brimtown
11-19-2014, 07:44 PM
This is something that Ubi had discussed with a group of us mapmakers several years ago, possibly doing a standalone map editor. If you're not going to make this a feature of Far Cry, this would be a good fallback solution. With the popularity of Minecraft, Little Big Planet, and Project Spark, there's no reason why a standalone FPS editor disc wouldn't work.

I would gladly pay $60 for a fully realized standalone FPS editor, where you could have complete control over such things as theme (sci-fi, western, WWII, modern, etc), terrain, vehicles, weapon placement, etc. Especially if you included a variety of game modes - the standards (DM, TDM, CTF, KoH) and some specialty modes (assault, domination, etc)

Please, Ubi - consider resurrecting this project. You'll make a lot of people very happy, and could even have a new blockbuster title on your hands. You can even support this standalone with future DLC of additional objects, vehicles, themes, game modes, etc.

Squirrel_trip
11-20-2014, 10:14 PM
The map editor sucks on FC4. The FC3 map editor was way better.
I was expecting a multiplayer map editor on FC4.
Where did the ziplines go? Loved those.

FC4 map editor is now only for single player. :( sad
Loved FC3 map editor for multiplayer.

Where did the canabis plants go?

To me FC4 multiplayer is a major fail as is. Where is TDM, CTF, and DM.
They promised FC4 multiplayer would be better.

Im on PS4 nextgen console and only 5 vs 5 multiplayer sucks.
We need 15 vs 15 multiplayer at least......the maps are huge.
Multiplayer as it is now is lame.

Please make things better Ubisoft. :)

Brimtown
11-20-2014, 11:44 PM
Sorry, I thought that went without saying. With a standalone editor, there's no reason why we shouldn't have more players. 8v8 at bare minimum, but for XB1 or PS4, be able to do large scale multi-player maps.