PDA

View Full Version : 2015 AC:Arno sequel[SPOILERS]

dimbismp
11-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Acu's story not only was rather weak and short IMO,but also has left many unanswered questions,like:
-Did Arno eventually rejoin the assassins?
-What happen with Napoleon and the apple?Will Arno and Napoleon continue being allies when the latter becomes a dictator?
-Why did Arno never search for his father killer(which would be quite interesting for the fans)?
-What will happen with the Sage's body?

Ofc,some of these questions may be answered via the Dead Kings DLC....Anyway,in this poll you can state if you THINK AND WANT the 2015 AC game to be an Arno sequel.Of course,the 2015 AC game is already being made,so we can't actually change anything.
I just think that Arno was cool and that he needs a closure.Also,i would like another Assassin after Ezio to have more than 1 game.The Napoleonic Wars setting is both an interesting and a famous one.We could visit places likeVienna,St Petersbourgh/Moscow and of course Egypt.
I guess we will know in around 3-4 months!

JustPlainQuirky
11-19-2014, 06:59 PM
-Why did Arno never search for his father killer(whixh would be quite interesting for the fans)?

http://img.pandawhale.com/43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

Namikaze_17
11-19-2014, 07:00 PM
No...I'm still on my stance about Ubi taking a break in 2015.

Megas_Doux
11-19-2014, 07:02 PM
I want Ubi to take 2015 off.......

So:

1 Apparently! My two cents is that Dead Kings will explain it. Hence, based fromn what I understand, it takes places before the scene in which Arno goes back to the catacomb in which he killed The Grand Master.
2 Dead kings, again
3 I am still looking for a logic answer.
4 The Sage body is useless, it is already estated at the end of Unity.

dimbismp
11-19-2014, 07:06 PM
No...I'm still on my stance about Ubi taking a break in 2015.

I want Ubi to take 2015 off........
Well,in your case it is 2016,lr generally next Ac

dimbismp
11-19-2014, 07:12 PM

Yeah,i know.What i meant is that,the whole helix story resolved around finding the sage before the templars.

JustPlainQuirky
11-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Arno has been poorly received.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi skipped him like they skipped Connor.

I think theyre doing one protagonist per game after Arno tho.

Namikaze_17
11-19-2014, 07:17 PM
If anything, they're more likely to give Shay a sequel...

At least his story left on a high note.

Arno's ending looks like he killed himself afterwards or something.

dimbismp
11-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Arno has been poorly received.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi skipped him like they skipped Connor.

I think theyre doing one protagonist per game after Arno tho.

The decision is already made like 1-2 years ago,in fact.Back then they did not know if he was going to be well received.Plus,i think people did not like the story,not Arno.Also,Connor was a part of the American/Kenway saga.

Charming23
11-19-2014, 07:20 PM
I want Ubi to take 2015 off.......

So:

1 Apparently! My two cents is that Dead Kings will explain it. Hence, based fromn what I understand, it takes places before the scene in which Arno goes back to the catacomb in which he killed The Grand Master.
2 Dead kings, again
3 I am still looking for a logic answer.

I was talking this over with my brother last night after I accidentally revealed Elise's death (I didn't realize she had a grave in Versailles). Anyhow, he brought up some interesting points about where he thinks the series may be going.

I believe their are some indications that point that "Rising Phoenix" may finally be making its appearance. I know this idea has surfaced before in 2013, but no info has been revealed. Do you think we may be finally seeing something related to this title with upcoming sequels (perhaps in the title itself?)

I also noticed some talk about resurrection in previous installments. I thought it was mentioned once in ACIV (I don't recall, so I may be wrong) but I remember the other night playing AC Rogue Violet mentioned Assassin's talking about bringing people back from the dead. She dismissed this as rumors or Assassin's were just stating it to through the Templar s off trail for something. However, with the ending of Unity and the title of "Dead Kings," I find this notion of bringing back people from the dead rather interesting. Do you think Arno is in quest to find this so called tool or ability to bring people back from the dead? Especially after losing Elise? I'm not saying that I hope for this for although I really liked Elise, I find this talk rather interesting. I think this may make sense for modern story for a tool like that may help Juno more than anybody.

Other than that theory, the only reason Arno may be searching catacombs and graves is maybe searches for more Sage's or understanding of first civilization. Idk, but I thought after hearing people suggest "bringing people back from the dead" throughout some of the games, I thought it may be an interesting notion to bring up and see what you guys think. :cool:

Megas_Doux
11-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Yeah,i know.What i meant is that,the whole helix story resolved around finding the sage before the templars.

The French Revolution was researched because it was said that "someone" there was Sage,but they already know who that was and even where his body is. Thing is the investigation lead to a dead end because the decay of his rests. The assassin moved on, the templars will do the same....

And Arno´s reception has not been good. The positive side is that there will be no "ARNO SEQUEL NAOOOOO" here :p. The bad is, Shay will take that spot.....

dimbismp
11-19-2014, 07:33 PM
I was talking this over with my brother last night after I accidentally revealed Elise's death (I didn't realize she had a grave in Versailles). Anyhow, he brought up some interesting points about where he thinks the series may be going.

I believe their are some indications that point that "Rising Phoenix" may finally be making its appearance. I know this idea has surfaced before in 2013, but no info has been revealed. Do you think we may be finally seeing something related to this title with upcoming sequels (perhaps in the title itself?)

I also noticed some talk about resurrection in previous installments. I thought it was mentioned once in ACIV (I don't recall, so I may be wrong) but I remember the other night playing AC Rogue Violet mentioned Assassin's talking about bringing people back from the dead. She dismissed this as rumors or Assassin's were just stating it to through the Templar s off trail for something. However, with the ending of Unity and the title of "Dead Kings," I find this notion of bringing back people from the dead rather interesting. Do you think Arno is in quest to find this so called tool or ability to bring people back from the dead? Especially after losing Elise? I'm not saying that I hope for this for although I really liked Elise, I find this talk rather interesting. I think this may make sense for modern story for a tool like that may help Juno more than anybody.

Other than that theory, the only reason Arno may be searching catacombs and graves is maybe searches for more Sage's or understanding of first civilization. Idk, but I thought after hearing people suggest "bringing people back from the dead" throughout some of the games, I thought it may be an interesting notion to bring up and see what you guys think. :cool:
There is a PoE calle d the Shroud of Eden.It can heal fatal wounds and bring back people from the dead,BUT for a small amount of time.It is also said that it may bring bad consequences to the user

VestigialLlama4
11-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Acu's story not only was rather weak and short IMO,but also has left many unanswered questions,like:
-Did Arno eventually rejoin the assassins?
-What happen with Napoleon and the apple?Will Arno and Napoleon continue being allies when the latter becomes a dictator?
-Why did Arno never search for his father killer(which would be quite interesting for the fans)?
-What will happen with the Sage's body?

Ofc,some of these questions may be answered via the Dead Kings DLC....Anyway,in this poll you can state if you THINK AND WANT the 2015 AC game to be an Arno sequel.Of course,the 2015 AC game is already being made,so we can't actually change anything.
I just think that Arno was cool and that he needs a closure.Also,i would like another Assassin after Ezio to have more than 1 game.The Napoleonic Wars setting is both an interesting and a famous one.We could visit places likeVienna,St Petersbourgh/Moscow and of course Egypt.
I guess we will know in around 3-4 months!

I think they planned Arno to be French-Ezio and spin a Trilogy out of him. They created too many assets for Unity to simply let lie fallow. Maybe they'll turn to another protagonist or drop Arno, but I doubt he will be ignored like Connor altogether.

Story-wise they have locked themselves into a corner. If they decide to give Arno a love story, the new girl has to compete with Elise and she can only do so if she's too similar or too different, in either case it'll be unpopular. Or they can make Arno a playboy and that will be seen as disrespectful and make Arno a jerk. All in all, making Connor a shy stoic was way more smarter since its believable that he'd get less timid and self-conscious but making a happy guy into a lovelorn loser and killjoy and then trying to make him all witty again is harder.

As for the next game, I think they will cover Napoleon in Egypt and use that as a frame to explore Ancient Egypt. That will have a lot of historical figures - Lord Nelson, Napoleon, Thomas-Alexandre Dumas, Laplace, Monge and the scientists. Napoleon was there for a year, so the timeline is unified and not too wide to cover history. There were couple of major battles there, a cool entry and exit. Also on the way to Egypt, Napoleon stopped at Malta(a former Templar Hotspot). I think Arno can appear in that game, since an Egyptian Adventure and get his mind off romantic woes and it's a story where the setting and events are captivating enough that we don't really need to be too invested in the hero's personality.

dimbismp
11-19-2014, 07:36 PM
The French Revolution was researched because it was said that "someone" there was Sage,but they already know who that was and even where his body is. Thing is the investigation lead to a dead end because the decay of his rests. The assassin moved on, the templars will do the same....

And Arno´s reception has not been good. The positive side is that there will be no "ARNO SEQUEL NAOOOOO" here :p. The bad is, Shay will take that spot.....
It is not about Arno himself though.Now that MD is almost gone,there must be some overarching themes,so that everything does not break down.So i would like a trilogy,either by the form of Ezio's,or the Kenways'

Megas_Doux
11-19-2014, 07:41 PM
I liked Arno and I find intriguing his future relationship with Napoleon. After all, he returned with him to the catacombs as an assassin and I quote "years after" of 1794.

Besides, MANY consider Napoleon the most important military/political figure in western civilization in the modern times second only to Hitler, there IS potential.....

See how it fares.

DaveyNorton
11-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Napoleonic Wars are rather inevitable at this point. Both from storytelling and technical perspective. And with Ubisoft making so much noise around "5000 NPCs" and everything already, I can already see them making a big deal out of their recreation of the war's massive battles (by the way, remember how hyped AC III's battles were two years ago? Yeah.).

I don't have Unity, so perhaps I shouldn't judge, but I definitely didn't like what I've seen of, and read about, the story. I love the era, so I definitely want to see more of it, but I dread to think about its further portrayal, if it's similar to Unity. Hand over the scriptwriting duties to someone else and put more emphasis on the historical aspect and we can talk. I don't really care about Arno, from what I've seen from him. But a good writer can make any character much more interesting - see Ezio in Revelations.

Anyway, wishful thinking - primary setting Vienna, Metternich as a major character.

Megas_Doux
11-19-2014, 07:55 PM
There could be a sequel set in Austria, Germany, Spain and even Egypt....

RA503
11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Also, both unity and rogue foreshadows egypt so much (the ankh, and benjamin franklin saying that the box comes from ancient egypt...)The next game major map will be egypt in napoleonic war,will be interesting if it have some memories in ancient times or in the first civilization like the time anomalies...

Thirsty_panda
11-19-2014, 11:26 PM
The story was only weak if it's taken at face value. Honestly, the poetic justice displayed with King Louis was very well crafted from existing plot elements. Shall I say however, none of this really had to do with Arno. Now, we pretty much all knew that Elise wasn't going to make it out of this one alive, that's probably why they should have just let her live, however, I commend whoever suggested that Arno go in search for a POE that can resurrect life. The subtle theme I think they were trying to get across was that Arno was more in love with Elise than the she was with him. Her death therefore shouldn't be used as a means to strengthen his commitment to the Assassins like the ending depicts. Elise didn't turn for Arno like Maria did for Altair and I'm not saying it should be the other way around, but at least keep him unaffiliated until there is a proper justification brought to the table. Make him a vulnerable love sick puppy on a quest to reestablish himself. Elise's death would serve a a better purpose this way.

MontrossXGMR
11-19-2014, 11:30 PM
As long as the next game has Shay in it I will be satisfied. Dude is a badass Assassin hunter

JustPlainQuirky
11-19-2014, 11:32 PM
As long as the next game has Shay in it I will be satisfied. Dude is a badass Assassin hunter

This. Shay is my rolemodel.

Namikaze_17
11-20-2014, 12:23 AM
This. Shay is my rolemodel.

To kill your once called Friends? :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
11-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Shay´s ship sunk oh its way back to America haha :p

Back on topic, I am curious to see whether if Dead kings will explain Arno´s return to the Brotherhood or not - the impression given by the "years after" thing- and at the same time, the future of Napoleon and Arno....

Namikaze_17
11-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Shay´s ship sunk oh its way back to America haha :p

Back on topic, I am curious to see whether if Dead kings will explain Arno´s return to the Brotherhood or not - the impression given by the "years after" thing- and at the same time, the future of Napoleon and Arno....

Arno gets mugged/murdered on his way back to the Council. :p

It probably will...I'm interested in the role Napoleon will play.

Megas_Doux
11-20-2014, 01:02 AM
I think he definitely got back to the brotherhood because if not, the whole "master assassin outfit" he wears in the "years after" ending will be the most non sense plot hole ever. My two cents is that Dead kings, for the most part, is a flashback that takes place directly after killing Germain, explaining his way back to the ranks.I also believe it may tell events after you see the Arno and Napoleon in the dungeon.

MnemonicSyntax
11-20-2014, 01:19 AM

There is a POE that can bring people back from the dead but it's quite temporary unfortunately, known as the Shroud of Eden. Jesus Christ apparently used it (story wise) to bring Lazarus back from the dead, among other uses by other owners of the Shroud

Namikaze_17
11-20-2014, 01:22 AM
I think he definitely got back to the brotherhood because if not, the whole "master assassin outfit" he wears in the "years after" ending will be the most non sense plot hole ever. My two cents is that Dead kings, for the most part, is a flashback that takes place directly after killing Germain, explaining his way back to the ranks.I also believe it may tell events after you see the Arno and Napoleon in the dungeon.

Hope so...because no explanation or potential sequel would be the weirdest **** ever to explain.

ze_topazio
11-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Arno and Napoleon in Egypt, just me having some fun.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2jcja4h.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/111t5du.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2pza9gg.jpg

Extra
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2em0mja.jpg

ze_topazio
11-20-2014, 02:27 AM
If we get a Arno sequel I hope he either goes with Napoleon to Egypt or visits Vienna.

Charming23
11-20-2014, 02:30 AM
The story was only weak if it's taken at face value. Honestly, the poetic justice displayed with King Louis was very well crafted from existing plot elements. Shall I say however, none of this really had to do with Arno. Now, we pretty much all knew that Elise wasn't going to make it out of this one alive, that's probably why they should have just let her live, however, I commend whoever suggested that Arno go in search for a POE that can resurrect life. The subtle theme I think they were trying to get across was that Arno was more in love with Elise than the she was with him. Her death therefore shouldn't be used as a means to strengthen his commitment to the Assassins like the ending depicts. Elise didn't turn for Arno like Maria did for Altair and I'm not saying it should be the other way around, but at least keep him unaffiliated until there is a proper justification brought to the table. Make him a vulnerable love sick puppy on a quest to reestablish himself. Elise's death would serve a a better purpose this way.

I agree with you, but do we know for sure that he is actually an assassin now? I guess we can surmise he is because of the new master outfit he has, but still, I wish Ubisoft was clearer about whether he is an assassin or not. He did say the creed was a warning, so is he still affiliated with them?

One thing I was wondering if people could catch me up to speed on, but what does the rank of tainted mean?

Beschikbaar
11-20-2014, 03:28 PM
In game he got thrown out the creed in 1793 and regarding to the wiki he joined in 1794 again... http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Arno_Dorian

cawatrooper9
11-20-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree, I could absolutely see them using an Arno sequel to appease the Egypt requests. In fact, I think I'd prefer this over an Ancient Egyptian game, as it would show the country in a different light than most people think of.

Megas_Doux
11-20-2014, 04:02 PM
I agree, I could absolutely see them using an Arno sequel to appease the Egypt requests. In fact, I think I'd prefer this over an Ancient Egyptian game, as it would show the country in a different light than most people think of.

Me too!

Because we would have Architecture that ranges from Ancient Egyptian, Ayyubid and Mamluk to more modern stuff.

Kirokill
11-20-2014, 04:05 PM
I really liked the story and loved the ending.
By far one of my favorite endings of all time. Not happy and almost lost everything.
The sad part were no white rooms for a speech but the final victim did something different at least.
Also the antagonist was one of the best to me.

The story was short and very predictable but it went really well with what I wanted.

killerman_2012
11-21-2014, 03:44 AM
Yes! An Arno sequel set during the Napoleonic Wars would be very very interesting! Also, we must to know what happens with the Napoleon's Apple and the Eden Sword! I'm 90% sure it will happen, because the end of Unity is like a beginning of a new story... ¿what was Napoleon doing accompanying Arno in the catacombs?

flavorcountry19
11-21-2014, 06:03 AM
Only reason I wouldn't want it in Egypt is cause....what would Arnos clothing look like?! Not to sound dumb! But I love the way he looks now! And just I don't know! I want it to stay that way! I want a sequel with Arno but I don't want another "revelations"

Thirsty_panda
11-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Only reason I wouldn't want it in Egypt is cause....what would Arnos clothing look like?! Not to sound dumb! But I love the way he looks now! And just I don't know! I want it to stay that way! I want a sequel with Arno but I don't want another "revelations"

They'll change his design no matter what they do location wise. That's justt sort of what you do for a new game.

And Killerman, not quoting you because you should probably add spoiler tags but The apple probably is the answer to your question. It gives people visions of the future remember. I think the number one theory would be that Arno saw a glimpse of Abstergo and then from there knew what he had to do. And the sword, the sword doesn't matter much anymore because it got busted.

Say, for that matter, I was just curious was anyone else deeply disappointed that they didn't give us at least one memory sequence where we could zap people with the sword?