PDA

View Full Version : ACU not starting after Uplay Update

Scheeez
11-19-2014, 05:23 PM
I just updated my Uplay to the current version, and now it tells me ACU cannot be started, i should check if its installed correctly. Yesterday, before the Update, it started just fine.

Anyone the same problem?

p.s. Get your **** together Ubisoft!!!!!!

dericslab
11-19-2014, 06:55 PM
I ran the Uplay update and the new Nvidia graphics I was notified for today, and the game appears to run fine for me.

Players from certain countries (South Africa was one of them) had a problem with Black Flag when updates were run, and it was the local server update which was the problem.
Not sure if this is the same issue you are facing, I hope not.

Other than that, perhaps check the basic things like administrator privilege on the Uplay software, or try reload Uplay perhaps.

Irxe
11-19-2014, 08:09 PM
I just updated my Uplay to the current version, and now it tells me ACU cannot be started, i should check if its installed correctly. Yesterday, before the Update, it started just fine.

Anyone the same problem?

p.s. Get your **** together Ubisoft!!!!!!

U should try open task manager, look for Uplay application and end task it. You should be able to open Uplay then. If not then try restart your computer.

StarGlitter
11-19-2014, 08:43 PM
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE? I BEG YOU!
My Ubisoft ID is StarGlitter

I AM A PC USER AND PLAY ASSASSIN CREED UNITY ON MY PC.
I BOUGHT THE ASSASSIN CREED UNITY GAME PC DOWNLOAD FROM UBISHOP-UBISOFT ONLINE STORE.

I HAD NO PROBLEMS ACCESSING ASSASSIN CREED UNITY (Acu) COOP MISSIONS UNTIL 2 DAYS AGO 17TH NOV 2014. RIGHT NOW I CANNOT ACCESS ACU COOP MISSIONS AND I CANNOT PLAY ACU WHILE ONLINE AND CONNECTED TO UPLAY SERVERS- I CAN ONLY PLAY ACU GAME OFFLINE.

I HAVE CONTACTED UBISOFT TECH SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE BY EMAIL AND PHONE.
BY EMAIL, THEY REFUSED TO ADDRESS OR TALK ABOUT MY ISSUE OF NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY COOP MISSIONS AND MY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UPLAY SERVERS.

Please bear in mind that my laptop never had problems connecting to Uplay and Ubisoft servers and ACU COOP missions BEFORE 17th Nov 2014. My laptop NEVER HAD any technical problems with ANY OF THE PREVIOUS PC ASSASSIN CREED TITILES, whether single player, multiplayer, offline or online. My laptop DOES NOT have an internet connection problem

I HAVE CALLED UBISOFT UK AND USA INTERNATIONAL PHONE SUPPORT BUT I WAS LEFT WAITING FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES EACH TIME THAT I HAD TO HANG UP THE PHONE BECAUSE I AM BASED IN ASIA AND THE OVERSEAS CALL RATES ARE VERY EXPENSIVE.
EACH TIME, AN AUTOMATIC VOICE SAID THAT THE LINES WERE BUSY DUE TO INCREASED CALL VOLUME. I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO TALK TO A UBISOFT TECH SUPPORT /CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON.

BEFORE 17TH NOV 2014, I COULD CONNECT TO UPLAY SERVERS AND START AND PLAY THE ACU GAME AND ITS COOP MISSIONS WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

AFTER 17TH NOV 2014 UNTIL NOW, I CANNOT PLAY ACU WHILE ONLINE/CONNECTED TO UPLAY SERVER.
IF I DO START THE ACU GAME WHILE ONLINE ON UPLAY, MY GAME WILL CRASH WITH THE ERROR MESSAGE “ACU.EXE STOPPED WORKING” AFTER I CLICK “CONTINUE” TO RESUME PLAYING THE GAME FROM WHERE I LEFT OFF.

IF I STARTED THE ACU GAME OFFLINE AND TRIED TO ACCESS THE COOP MISSIONS FROM INSDE THE GAME, AN ERROR MESSAGE WILL APPEAR SAYING

“Connection failed. There is a problem connecting with Ubisoft online service. Please visit assassin creed help. ( 0x 70000106)” .

I had also previously received another error message 2 days ago saying that I cannot connect to Assassin Creed Unity COOP missions due to Parental Controls. I am a 26 year old female. I am not even aware of parental control settings on Uplay. Are there even any? I checked Settings and there were none.

The ACU Unty Coop missions are my main way of getting skill points and money in the ACU game. The other ways in the game are too slow and difficult to earn skill points and money.

PLEASE HELP OUT AN ASSASIN CREED FAN.

jeffies04
11-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Hey StarGlitter. Nice big text you have there.

I have two theories about this:

I believe they did something server-side that is causing problems. Could be part of the process they are undertaking to fix things, and may be why they are not acknowledging it until they know more from their perspective. Support hasn't responded to me for two days about it either.

My other theory is that game files created prior to patch 2 (version 1.2) are reaching a point in the progression where they are no longer compatible. The programming of the game on your PC/system needs to jive with the programming on the server.

I backed up my old save (started with version 1.1) and started a new one yesterday under 1.2. It's still online right now but we'll see if it stops working like the last one later on.