PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Plot points with Connor question

avk111
11-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Good day folks,

I have a questions , Im trying to pinpoint where excatly did Connor agree with the patriots that helping them and they in return will help his people, but I could not find anything,

Anyone can help ?

VestigialLlama4
11-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Good day folks,

I have a questions , Im trying to pinpoint where excatly did Connor agree with the patriots that helping them and they in return will help his people, but I could not find anything,

Anyone can help ?

The question never came up. Connor initially was outside the conflict but he became friends with Samuel Adams and so became a Patriot especially when he saw the Templars on the other side and William Johnson trying to bully the Iroquois into a peace settlement against their will. Connor was kind of naive about how the Patriot cause would turn against his village.

avk111
11-19-2014, 11:08 AM
The question never came up. Connor initially was outside the conflict but he became friends with Samuel Adams and so became a Patriot especially when he saw the Templars on the other side and William Johnson trying to bully the Iroquois into a peace settlement against their will. Connor was kind of naive about how the Patriot cause would turn against his village.

So basically it was his own naivety ? but didnt he refuse Paul Revere offer in the next sequence ? "They mistake me for one of their own" ?

VestigialLlama4
11-19-2014, 11:27 AM
So basically it was his own naivety ? but didnt he refuse Paul Revere offer in the next sequence ? "They mistake me for one of their own" ?

At that stage, nobody had any idea that the protest would become a war for independence. The Boston Tea Party was just a protest event, a symbolic gesture. Slowly it became a war. When war happens, people have to take sides and live with their consequences. Neither Sam Adams or Paul Revere had the power to offer or promise Connor any support for his village. They were Bostonian representatives and that kind of mandate needed the Continental Congress. It was Washington as Commander-In-Chief who made the decision to order the Sullivan Expedition.

avk111
11-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Let me ponder on it and get back to you sir

avk111
11-19-2014, 11:55 AM
At that stage, nobody had any idea that the protest would become a war for independence. The Boston Tea Party was just a protest event, a symbolic gesture. Slowly it became a war. When war happens, people have to take sides and live with their consequences. Neither Sam Adams or Paul Revere had the power to offer or promise Connor any support for his village. They were Bostonian representatives and that kind of mandate needed the Continental Congress. It was Washington as Commander-In-Chief who made the decision to order the Sullivan Expedition.

So what your saying is the Boston Tea Party was a single event, then Connor when back home to settle. Years later a request of aid from Paul Revere came and Connor politely refused it (that was before the war). When the war emerged ... wait hold on when did the war excatly emerge before or after Lexington and Concord ?

Charles_Phipps
11-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Connor joined the Patriots because he sympathized with their desire for independence.

It's why he wages war on the British with his ship and harasses the with the Assassins independent of the Templar-Assassin conflict. It's only at the end, though, Connor realizes the full depths of the Colonial's hypocrisy. They are fighting for THEIR independence, not the independence of the Natives or blacks. Indeed, both probably had it worse under the USA than they would have under the British. Ditto, the Templars.

Achilles obviously knows this but doesn't set Connor straight for whatever reason.

Namikaze_17
11-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Achilles obviously knows this but doesn't set Connor straight for whatever reason.

There was no indication Achilles knew that. Anything could've happened really.

And he tried showing Connor the error of what he was doing, but Connor was young and stubborn at that time.

avk111
11-23-2014, 05:10 AM
Guys I just had an epiphany regarding Connor's moral and psyche in the end, it seems to me that during the last closing moments (meeting Juno the last time) as she instructs him to hide the amulet, he asks her again about the fate of his people, come as it may, Juno informs Connor that "he strives for that which does not exist" (my personal reasoning was the saving of his people). Thus Connor was compelled not only to accept the current situation of his tribe but to accept the fact that they may as well never be eternally free from outside human authority thus he was willing to accept the present situation as best.

Food for thought