PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS - Arno and Elise

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 03:43 AM
Ok, so I haven't exactly played the entire story sequences (only go to sequence 3), but I'm going to politely ask somebody to spoil the ending for me because as of now, I very, very, very much like Arno and Elise and I know that if I continue to play the story I will only end up even falling more in love with those two and knowing that Ubisoft just loves to kill off every love interest in EVERY one of their GAMES that it's it going to make me cry and be sad for an entire two weeks since they love to be so misogynistic I figured I would spoil the ending so I could save myself the pain of finding myself becoming very much attached only to have Ubisoft break my heart I mean like how many times are they going to kill of the love interest I mean like ARGHHHH!!!

Ok, sorry about the rant, but I very much like Arno and Elise and if Elise dies (or even Arno), somebody just spoil it cause I can't take another death in Assassin's Creed.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-19-2014, 03:55 AM
they live happily ever after and head off to america when they get a message from the assassins of america in need of help

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 03:58 AM
they live happily ever after and head off to america when they get a message from the assassins of america in need of help

:rolleyes: You're so full of it. But honestly. I did ask politely :)

Darque Karasuga
11-19-2014, 04:01 AM
If you really want to know...

Elise dies. Nothing more to say about that.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-19-2014, 04:02 AM
:rolleyes: You're so full of it. But honestly. I did ask politely :)

not ********ing 100% butelise does lose an arm from saving arno what he said is correct but thats part of the animus glitching up and the real ending plays in the credits i am lying haha

D.I.D.
11-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Arno finds a puppy that he calls Pieface, and it falls in love with Élise's puppy, McFlufferson. The puppies become adult dogs, and they have a baby called Pieface McFlufferson. The glorious hair technology in the Unity Anvil Plus engine renders Pieface McFlufferson's fluff admirably. Arno and Élise briefly toy with the idea of having a child called Arlise Élno, but after some thought they decide upon a long life of romance and top quality sex instead. The world settles on a moneyless system of mutual social protection, the human race achieves the dream of space travel by 1876, and as one we ascend to the stars where nobody ever dies.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-19-2014, 04:08 AM
If you want them to live happily ever after, just don't ever play the final mission. That's what I did with Red Dead Redemption, and John Marston is still living happily on his farm in my version.

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 04:13 AM
If you really want to know...

Elise dies. Nothing more to say about that.

Sigh :( Yet, another let down :( Thank you Dargue Karasuga for your honesty :)

not ********ing 100% butelise does lose an arm from saving arno

Mmmm you should tell the truth once in awhile. Might suit you better

D.I.D.
11-19-2014, 04:15 AM

She gets a new arm based on the hidden blade, which they name Stabby McProsthetic.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-19-2014, 04:16 AM
Sigh :( Yet, another let down :( Thank you Dargue Karasuga for your honesty :)

bro did you even read my hidden message :rolleyes:

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 04:19 AM
Arno finds a puppy that he calls Pieface, and it falls in love with Élise's puppy, McFlufferson. The puppies become adult dogs, and they have a baby called Pieface McFlufferson. The glorious hair technology in the Unity Anvil Plus engine renders Pieface McFlufferson's fluff admirably. Arno and Élise briefly toy with the idea of having a child called Arlise Élno, but after some thought they decide upon a long life of romance and top quality sex instead. The world settles on a moneyless system of mutual social protection, the human race achieves the dream of space travel by 1876, and as one we ascend to the stars where nobody ever dies.

:rolleyes: Glad you aren't a writer. I will give you A for creativity thought lol

If you want them to live happily ever after, just don't ever play the final mission. That's what I did with Red Dead Redemption, and John Marston is still living happily on his farm in my version.

I probably will eventually, but won't dare play it now. I just don't understand Ubisoft and their need to kill off everybody important to their main protagonist. I'm not always asking for a story that has a happy ending, but in a series that prides itself in tragedies, an ending that makes us smile once in awhile is very much welcomed.

D.I.D.
11-19-2014, 04:27 AM
If it makes you feel any better, they don't really build the relationship that much. You need to play quite a lot of side content to build up your equipment and skills, and to unlock more parts of the game. Because of this, Élise is missing from the game for what feels like an age, and by the time she comes back there isn't a huge amount they can do to convince you of this love affair.

Also, that kiss in the early stage? That's the only expression of affection you're ever going to see, except for an exchange of "I love you"s. It feels really weird, to be honest, and the end of the game is disappointing on account of their storytelling standards rather than gut-wrenching in terms of your feelings.

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 04:27 AM
bro did you even read my hidden message :rolleyes:

Mm, firstly, I am not your bro. And no, I rather not venture to find out.

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 04:31 AM
If it makes you feel any better, they don't really build the relationship that much. You need to play quite a lot of side content to build up your equipment and skills, and to unlock more parts of the game. Because of this, Élise is missing from the game for what feels like an age, and by the time she comes back there isn't a huge amount they can do to convince you of this love affair.

Also, that kiss in the early stage? That's the only expression of affection you're ever going to see, except for an exchange of "I love you"s. It feels really weird, to be honest, and the end of the game is disappointing on account of their storytelling standards rather than gut-wrenching in terms of your feelings.

Awww, really? That's it? I was hoping for more. Well, maybe I'll venture to continue then. It seems like their relationship is rather vague and bland then. :( Is the story worth exploring then? I've heard a lot of negatives, but I find the rest of the game to be to my liking so far.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-19-2014, 04:33 AM
Mm, firstly, I am not your bro. And no, I rather not venture to find out.

brobroBROBROBROBRO

D.I.D.
11-19-2014, 04:38 AM
Awww, really? That's it? I was hoping for more. Well, maybe I'll venture to continue then. It seems like their relationship is rather vague and bland then. :( Is the story exploring then? I've heard a lot of negatives, but I find the rest of the game to be to my liking so far.

You aren't going to feel much of a loss, is what I'm saying. The models and tiny little expressions they've caught in the actors' performances are wonderful. Individually, they're great characters. It's just that the story only allows them to enact a sibling-like relationship, rather than a romantic partnership, and they don't gel as a pair. I don't think it's necessarily the writers' fault. There's some good script there, but ultimately the writers have to fit their story into a framework that's given to them. We're still at a point where level design trumps story, so if there are set pieces that the level designers want, or an ending that's required, that's what the writers have to work to.

The buck stops with the creative director, really. I hope they'll trust their audience a bit more in future, because they've got the technology to make very human-feeling characters now. I hope they don't continue to tone down interactions for the sake of not upsetting sections of the audience who might not like romance.

Don't be put off, though. It's a fantastic game, once you get past the rough edges, and there are incredible moments in this that have no parallel anywhere else in this series.

cawatrooper9
11-19-2014, 04:42 AM
In the last scene, when all evil has been thwarted, Arno and Elise are about to share a tender and passionate kiss. Then Connor storms in yelling "WHERE IS CHARLES LEE", while Ezio's uncle comes through another door screaming "IT'SA ME, MARIO!" Then Shay says "I make my own luck" like 5,948,304 times, and it all just totally ruins the moment.

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 04:45 AM
You aren't going to feel much of a loss, is what I'm saying. The models and tiny little expressions they've caught in the actors' performances are wonderful. Individually, they're great characters. It's just that the story only allows them to enact a sibling-like relationship, rather than a romantic partnership, and they don't gel as a pair. I don't think it's necessarily the writers' fault. There's some good script there, but ultimately the writers have to fit their story into a framework that's given to them. We're still at a point where level design trumps story, so if there are set pieces that the level designers want, or an ending that's required, that's what the writers have to work to.

The buck stops with the creative director, really. I hope they'll trust their audience a bit more in future, because they've got the technology to make very human-feeling characters now. I hope they don't continue to tone down interactions for the sake of not upsetting sections of the audience who might not like romance.

Don't be put off, though. It's a fantastic game, once you get past the rough edges, and there are incredible moments in this that have no parallel anywhere else in this series.

Mmmm, I see. I was really hoping for an awesome love story, but I see my hopes were probably a little too unrealistic. I loved the rest of the game so far! No complaints their!

Sigh, still. :( Was Elise's death pointless?

Thank you so much for your responses though! They were very helpful! :)

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-19-2014, 04:47 AM
Mmmm, I see. I was really hoping for an awesome love story, but I see my hopes were probably a little too unrealistic. I loved the rest of the game so far! No complaints their!

yes it was

D.I.D.
11-19-2014, 04:49 AM

Somewhat, but at least she has some agency in the ending. It's a two-person job to deal with the last Templar, so they work together, creating distractions and capitalising on them. It's not a helpless moment of vulnerability like Cristina in ACB, or Maria in ACR. She goes out fighting.

AbstergoGirl34
11-19-2014, 04:49 AM
In the last scene, when all evil has been thwarted, Arno and Elise are about to share a tender and passionate kiss. Then Connor storms in yelling "WHERE IS CHARLES LEE", while Ezio's uncle comes through another door screaming "IT'SA ME, MARIO!" Then Shay says "I make my own luck" like 5,948,304 times, and it all just totally ruins the moment.

Hahahahaha Oooo Connor hahaha :) If the ending had Arno and Elise sharing a passionate kiss, I would not mind :cool:

cawatrooper9
11-19-2014, 05:00 AM
In addition to the Sword of Eden, Molay is also said to have once held the Shroud of Eden... which is associated with (brief) restorative powers. So, while Arno cannot bring Elise back to life, he could go on a quest to restore her for a short amount of time and get some closure. Might be an interesting plot for a dark sequel, or might even be what the Dead Kings DLC will revolve around.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-19-2014, 05:45 AM
So, de Molay was the first Templar Grandmaster who was the Sage? Anyway, Elise dies. My version of the story is better. If you want to know it, I can update my post. It's more interesting and leaves the ending of the game on a better note, while actually playing towards the "radical" theme that the writers were trying, and failed, to go for.

cryo_burned
11-19-2014, 07:58 AM
So, de Molay was the first Templar Grandmaster who was the Sage? Anyway, Elise dies. My version of the story is better. If you want to know it, I can update my post. It's more interesting and leaves the ending of the game on a better note, while actually playing towards the "radical" theme that the writers were trying, and failed, to go for.

Hugues de Payens was the first Grandmaster of the Knights Templar. But there were still Templars before they were the Knights Templar, so who knows who led them first. Maybe the sage..