PDA

View Full Version : The Gear Situation in ACU (we're still locked out of WAY too much of it)

Tanyn
11-19-2014, 02:50 AM
I've said this a thousand times, and I'll keep raising my voice on the matter until it gets fixed. THIS, Ubisoft, is the epitome of the digital "slap in the face". If we pay full price for your game, at least have the decency to stop locking us out of gear / outfits / chests behind either out-of-game programs, or features that you didn't have the courtesy to even INCLUDE in the damned game.

My Primary Gripes:

Almost ALL Legendary Gear is locked behind Club Competition ... which isn't in the game. (are you %$#^&%! serious?) There is not a single set-type that has every piece of its Legendary gear available.
(That, on a GOOD day, is called a terribly incompetent oversight, and gives us (or at least me) the impression that you couldn't possibly care any less about your customers)

All the Gear that is locked behind the Unite Program
(which "Isn't available in your region" ... my region is the United States, and you've GOT to be kidding if it's not available there.)

Gear / outfits / chests locked behind the total failure, otherwise known as the ACU Companion App.
(Not all of us own iphones, androids, or tablets. Stop locking your customers out of content via out-of-game software ... have you not seen how many of us are pissed about that? But, if you MUST do it ... at least make sure the app is going to A) Work, and B) Not destroy ACU in the process [ala save wipes] ... You should be embarrassed to no end for the condition that this app was released in.)

Gear / outfits / chests locked behind AC Initiates.
(While this is something I, and most of us have access to ... the sheer amount of "Coming Soon" content that litters it, and prevents us from getting pretty much anything, simply reeks of incompetency, neglect, and piss-poor planning)

You're alienating your customers with all of this content being locked and unattainable due to failures on your end, Ubisoft. Show us a little respect, and FIX your mistakes. You've already assured that I won't be pre-ordering ANYTHING from you for a good few years at least ... and then, only if you can show me that your customers rank ANYWHERE on your list of priorities.

ApexMandalorian
11-19-2014, 05:11 AM
So much this. All content should be available in-game. If it's available through some other means, then that should be just another means of getting the content. Simply put, this game was released unfinished.

ACE7492
11-19-2014, 12:32 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Too much of this nonsense with promotional crap and apps that don't work. On the first day of release I played the app and got a few boxes open. Now I cant do anything with it. The companion app has basically broken, borked, and reset and lost all my progress and I still have all these blue chests in the game that will never do anything. Gated gear behind a feature we have to wait for in club competition is beyond stupid. I thought I bought a full game for 60 bucks, but after playing for a bit I feel like I got a starter game that needs more money thrown at it. Which for me, will never happen.

Fatal-Feit
11-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Omg, this!!!

Apexgun245
11-19-2014, 01:24 PM
I remember when all this side apps and websites stuff was optional gravy to let those that wanted to expand their games world more, do so, this is locking people out of content that should be available through simple game progression or in game challenges.

Tanyn
11-19-2014, 01:29 PM
I remember when all this side apps and websites stuff was optional gravy to let those that wanted to expand their games world more, do so, this is locking people out of content that should be available through simple game progression or in game challenges.

Indeed, I never minded if the apps or outside sources provided another option to obtaining content, but when the only way to get it is to participate in a certain event, and then that event is LEFT OUT OF THE GAME ... well, that's just the biggest "Go %^&* yourself" I've ever seen. I haven't ever felt quite so taken advantage of, underappreciated, alienated, or neglected as a customer as I have by Ubisoft, with ACU's release.

Dellers
11-19-2014, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't mind that much if things actually worked, but when neither the companion app nor Initiates work properly it's just incredibly annoying. Right now it's near impossible to unlock everything.

itchiebutt
11-19-2014, 03:03 PM
I have been using the app when it wants to work correctly, and connects. I have most things unlocked now only need two more places but once you get to the areas which make you use level 17+ Nomads each mission goes from 2 hours to over 12 hours now that is freaking ridiculous.

http://i.imgur.com/bo56dfz.png?1

R4vtec
11-19-2014, 03:49 PM
I must say assassin creed unity have gone to another level when it comes to lockd away content. I do not like it.

Carch
11-19-2014, 05:12 PM
I gave up on the companion app when I was unable to find the single glyph on Notre Dame with seven tries. Repeatedly. I guess my phone's graphics just aren't good enough for me to see the ******* thing.

I completely agree with OP, though. WAY too much gear is locked behind an unimplemented feature.

Tanyn
11-19-2014, 05:13 PM
I must say assassin creed unity have gone to another level when it comes to lockd away content. I do not like it.

"I do not like it." Would be a bit of an understatement on my part. I'm taking it as a personal insult, as are many others, and it's outrageous. But there's no telling when we'll get access to this stuff, since they're so busy fixing this total disaster of a launch, and all of the bugs that they KNEW were there when they released, that this just isn't a priority for them ....

"Unity" is a good subtitle for this one. I don't think I've ever seen nearly every member of a company's fan base so united in their disgust for that company and its actions, as I have since ACU went live.