PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes evertime loading to Shangri - La

Horkerkiin
11-19-2014, 01:47 AM
Eveytime I try and load into Shangri-La the game crashes. Anyone else had this/know of a fix? not had an issue untill now

karelmikie3
11-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I've got the exact same issue.

Horkerkiin
11-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Has no one got anything? Because im Kinda unable to finish the quest im on

Frraksurred
11-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm also running into this problem. I can load it, but after 3 attempts it has crashed before I could finish it every time. PC, specs in sig.

peda
11-20-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm also running into this problem. I can load it, but after 3 attempts it has crashed before I could finish it every time. PC, specs in sig.

Just had my third crash. Always happens when I flank to the right after commanding the tiger for the first time

DeanHully
11-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Same sort of problem but I think it's in different part of the map, look at video I got skip to near the end for the location I freeze at and its every time with out fail.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5mCx08MSD4

AntiR3fleX
11-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Eveytime I try and load into Shangri-La the game crashes. Anyone else had this/know of a fix? not had an issue untill now

same issue, but im also able to load the mission.
Crashes random after some time walking around - not at a specific location and not after doing something special.
Tried now for the 5th time.. not able to complete the mission!

Any suggestion @ Ubisoft?

EvilPixieGrrr
11-22-2014, 02:50 AM
Hello, and sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

I recommend you all open a ticket with Support so they can investigate this issue. More information is better, so please provide as many details as you can. You can contact Support here: https://support.ubi.com/en-us/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Armajiro
11-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Hello, and sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

I recommend you all open a ticket with Support so they can investigate this issue. More information is better, so please provide as many details as you can. You can contact Support here: https://support.ubi.com/en-us/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Same thing here. It's game breaking, and what's worse, it killed any interest I had in it. Having spent hours retrying a quest that crashes every time.. I'm done.

bjorntju
11-23-2014, 12:12 AM

Same problem here. Can't compete the quest...

smeagollum13
11-23-2014, 03:51 AM
*** DEVS: THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE *** You can't get the final skill in a skill line without completing two Shangri-La missions, and the game won't let me complete the second one.

Similar issue here as OP.

I completed the first Shangri-La mission fine.

The second Shangri-La mission has crashed every time I get to the exact same spot. (SEMI SPOILERISH DESCIPTION FOLLOWS) I get in, get the bow, clear the first room, find the first dead seeker guy that is on fire, go to the next area, find the second dead seeker guy stuck in a tree around the corner, then I go through the first portal looking thing. It ports me, I see enemies in front of me and crash.

The worst part is that there was no save of me doing anything in Shangri-La at all when I start up the game again. I have to travel all the way back up the mountain and enter again. I know I hit 2 to 3 checkpoints before the crash, but it doesn't matter.

I have been seriously loving this game so far, but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Zangetsu114
11-23-2014, 04:16 AM
I got the same problem as you guys but its at the first mission of the game. Right after I climbed the rope when I get up the stairs to reach the tower, the game shut down systematically. So I cant event finish the first mission and I have to start all over again.

smeagollum13
11-23-2014, 04:42 AM
I may be on to something. Maybe not, but I thought I would put it out there and see what you guys are doing right before the crash.

I went back to the point where I usually crash. I realized that I had pulled out my camera to zoom in to mark enemies right before the crash. So I did not do it this last time at this point. I didn't crash and got to move on.

I thought it may have been an issue with using the camera in Shangri-La that was the issue, because not using it allowed me to get through that part.

So to test things... When I got to the next part I pulled my camera out and BOOM..... Crash.

I will try and replicate it to be sure, but it seems that using you camera to mark enemies and zooming with it crashes the game in certain parts of Shangri-La.

Has anyone else found that it may be related to the camera?

smeagollum13
11-23-2014, 05:18 AM
Crash seems to be related to using the zoom feature on the camera while in certain areas of Shangri-La.

I have just completed the second Shangri-La mission while purposely not using the camera and had no crash. One time I accidently hit the camera button and freaked out a bit, but it didn't crash because I didn't zoom at all It seems to be the actual zooming of the camera in certain parts of Shangri-La.

SonicTheDilweed
11-24-2014, 05:24 AM
I've had the crash every time, so I've yet to beat the first Shangri La.

I guess I'll try not using the camera, but that will make it a lot harder.

MAKE SURE you're all contacting Ubi support about this

SonicTheDilweed
11-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Update: I tried to play it without using the camera/telescope, and it didn't crash. So smeagollum13 might be on to something.

ParasiteZA
11-25-2014, 01:29 PM
I have the same ***** i hate pirates but they seem to be enjoying the game more than we are **** this ****
hahahahaha and the funny thing is that my game did save before the mission so now i cant do any f*****g mission at all. i have to start from scratch

foxracinginc.
11-25-2014, 07:38 PM
tried to get through shangri-la 4 times... crashed just as often. what makes this extra annoying is having to sit through all the (admittedly rather short) unskippable cutscenes every single time, like when the wounded tiger dies and disappears... why must everything in this game be unskippable? even the damned intro videos. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. F***.

AntiR3fleX
11-25-2014, 11:42 PM
I may be on to something. Maybe not, but I thought I would put it out there and see what you guys are doing right before the crash.

I went back to the point where I usually crash. I realized that I had pulled out my camera to zoom in to mark enemies right before the crash. So I did not do it this last time at this point. I didn't crash and got to move on.

I thought it may have been an issue with using the camera in Shangri-La that was the issue, because not using it allowed me to get through that part.

So to test things... When I got to the next part I pulled my camera out and BOOM..... Crash.

I will try and replicate it to be sure, but it seems that using you camera to mark enemies and zooming with it crashes the game in certain parts of Shangri-La.

Has anyone else found that it may be related to the camera?

Thought of this before too - but my Game Crashes even if i'm not on Camera, sometimes while going back the Path i was coming from, sometimes right on turning 180.
I hat those crashes in first Mission but was able to complete it by just focusing on the objectives, avoid the "usual walkways" and avoid looking back.

Now im Stuck in the second Mission, for now for the 7th time. First two while marking enemys with the "Camera" (seems to be a binacular in shangri-la), third and fourth BEFORE the portal, just by looking and walking around to discover everything, and the last three times after the first portal - once while shooting enemy, once while retire from fight and once directly while traveling through the second portal...

Mabe the thingy with camera is ONE of many bugs in that missions... however - support doesen't gave any answer till now and i will stop spending any more time in investigating. It just ruined my fun on that game.. back to Battlefield :D

StriciMacko83
11-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Thought of this before too - but my Game Crashes even if i'm not on Camera, sometimes while going back the Path i was coming from, sometimes right on turning 180.
I hat those crashes in first Mission but was able to complete it by just focusing on the objectives, avoid the "usual walkways" and avoid looking back.

Now im Stuck in the second Mission, for now for the 7th time. First two while marking enemys with the "Camera" (seems to be a binacular in shangri-la), third and fourth BEFORE the portal, just by looking and walking around to discover everything, and the last three times after the first portal - once while shooting enemy, once while retire from fight and once directly while traveling through the second portal...

Mabe the thingy with camera is ONE of many bugs in that missions... however - support doesen't gave any answer till now and i will stop spending any more time in investigating. It just ruined my fun on that game.. back to Battlefield :D

I can confirm that, too. Whenever I deviate from main path toward the objective or start looking around maybe turn around 180 degrees the game crashes instantly.I'm on my fisrt shangri la mission, on my 3rd attempt. Every time it freezes I have to restart the entire mission starting with the 20 minute long conversation at the Ghale homestead with the two ret@rded potheads (who aren't funny at all, btw) without having the option to skip the cinematic.

Please ubisoft, fix the crash so I can progress further and please add a skip cinematic option because it's painful to rewatch the two clichee potheads' conversation. Or just add a button to shoot them in the head.

ParasiteZA
11-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Set my graphics to the lowest and played in windowed mode, was able to run right through the mission.

AntiR3fleX
11-27-2014, 12:50 AM
Set my graphics to the lowest and played in windowed mode, was able to run right through the mission.

Well, it works for me! Thank you - Played with Borderless 1080p and Low Quality.
But seriously, this can't be the solution...

ParasiteZA
11-27-2014, 07:30 AM
Glad it worked for you :P, i got an email from ubi regarding this problem, they wanted my Config And Dxdiag files to investigate, ill keep everyone posted.

foxracinginc.
11-27-2014, 11:19 PM
I didn't touch my graphics settings, but instead tried continuing the campaign in online mode (always chose offline before) while recording the whole thing using shadowplay (@1080p 30fps)... finally got through my first visit to shangri-la :)

suibhne
11-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Same problem here. Happens even without using the camera. I've tried Windowed and Borderless, too - no dice. Verified my game files; all checked out (according to UPlay). Doesn't always crash at the same spot, but it always crashes eventually - either after the first or second mani wheel in very first Shangri-La mission. Very frustrating, and has now cost me over an hour and a half of real-world time.

I opened a ticket with Ubi support, but they've never once responded to a ticket in less than 4 business days...including the last FC4 ticket I opened. Which means I probably won't get a response until the end of next week. It's the most pathetic software support I've ever experienced (but who knows, maybe I've been lucky with other sources).

suibhne
11-29-2014, 07:27 PM
The only solution I've found is to dramatically lower my settings. If I drop them to Medium, I can get through Shangri-La without crashes. At least the game is able to do that on the fly without restarting, and it remembers your "Custom" settings for when you re-enable them after Shangri-La levels, so it's a pretty painless fix even if it's irritating.

m0nk210
11-29-2014, 10:23 PM

I have the same problem here. As soon as the Loading Screen appers for the first Shangri La Mission the game crashes. I tried lower my Settings to High, Medium and Low and also tried WindowMode - nothing changes... So i cant progress!

Would be nice if you guys would fix this as soon as possible or give us a workaround to fix this! :mad:

UPDATE : SOLUTION / FIX

After "Validate Files" in Uplay,
Uplay found some broken files and repaired them and this fixed all my problems.

CPU: i5 4760
GPU: XFX R9 280x
RAM: 8GB
Windows 8.1 and newest Drivers installed.

AntiR3fleX
12-03-2014, 09:27 PM
I managed to play all the Missions without any further crash by setting Graphics to Overall Low Quality, but now stuck in Loading-Screen after finishing the Last Mission.
This is freakin me off cuz The Endboss wasnt easy to get down and took me quite a while to realize where it's weak point is
Will try the suggestion to verify Gamefiles.