PDA

View Full Version : Can't assign keybinds to mouse?

DirtyKunt
11-19-2014, 01:17 AM
I like to use my mouse left/right click, for fowards and backwards movement. Can't assign any other buttons on my mouse either. There a fix for this?

thanks very very much :)

randy.dodson
11-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Unhappy Keyboard/Mouse Bindings do not work correctly

I have the same issue. I bind:

LMB = Fire, Aim (hold)
RMB = Move Forward
X = Move Backwards

When I attempt to bind this configuration, I end up with:

LMB = Fire, Aim (hold), Move Backwards
RMB = Move Forward
X = Do Nothing

The LMB both aims and walks backwards.

Also, before using the grapple, or climbing any rope, I must:

Restore the keyboard/mouse bindings to their default settings
(perform the in-game action)
Re-bind the keyboard/mouse settings

This makes the game unplayable...

----------------------------

On a completely different note, the next time your out at night, watch how the moon and the stars only move when you do!?! :confused:

DirtyKunt
11-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Unhappy Keyboard/Mouse Bindings do not work correctly

I have the same issue. I bind:

LMB = Fire, Aim (hold)
RMB = Move Forward
X = Move Backwards

When I attempt to bind this configuration, I end up with:

LMB = Fire, Aim (hold), Move Backwards
RMB = Move Forward
X = Do Nothing

The LMB both aims and walks backwards.

Also, before using the grapple, or climbing any rope, I must:

Restore the keyboard/mouse bindings to their default settings
(perform the in-game action)
Re-bind the keyboard/mouse settings

This makes the game unplayable...

----------------------------

On a completely different note, the next time your out at night, watch how the moon and the stars only move when you do!?! :confused:

Yeah If I can't bind the keys the way I want, *** this game. Just another ****ty Ubisoft port. No wonder their stock is down.

ProFirefighter
11-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Yeah If I can't bind the keys the way I want, *** this game. Just another ****ty Ubisoft port. No wonder their stock is down.

They released the 1.4 patch today for an hour or two (literally) which seemed to fix all the key binding problems, then they patched it back to 1.3 as soon as you started the game.

Dag nab it!

Now I'm back to cowering in fear every time I see when a grapple has to be used (won't work if you change key binding) or if I have to back up and retreat (backwards won't work if you change key binding).

Galneryus
11-20-2014, 01:55 PM
May I ask just why you use those odd controls for moving like that? I thought I was weird with how I played, as I use the arrow keys instead, and those keys around my hand. But I have my keyboard tilted counter clockwise so that my arm runs alongside the spacebar with my hand/wrist slightly twisted to use them. No idea why I need to play like this for, but I feel for you when you can't get keys the way you want. I often find Enter or some other keys aren't usable, even the arrow keys on some games (Dead Space 1, Sleeping Dogs).

The odd thing is that my mouse does work with binding the move forward/backward to the LMB/RMB buttons and they did work. So there's a chance that it could be your particular mice instead.

But whether it is, or isn't the only workaround I could advise for you is to use AutoHotKey to remap the keys on your keyboard. Unfortunately it is a bit of a pain if you're wanting to ever use the internet while the game is running, as you have to close AHK to use your mouse buttons as normal, because it would basically be that you had to make your RMB button think it's the S on your keyboard. If you don't use the internet while playing then you'll have no issue doing so. You just close it down after you're finished and it's back to normal. But you also have to make sure you can use a right mouse button so that you can close AHK from the tab menu for it, so I'd suggest then making the S your RMB button in reverse.

I'd try and help with what's needed in the AHK file if you're unsure how to do it. It confused me at first.

My only issue is that I can't actually play this damn game at all. There's something off about the aiming for me. I just can't put my finger on it. And the sensitivity for the X/Y axis are out of proportion.

ProFirefighter
11-20-2014, 03:42 PM
For the past 20+ years, I've used:

LMB for Fire
RMB for Forward
L & R Arrows for L & R Movement
Down Arrow for Backwards

If a game does not support those basic functions, I find it unplayable.

Not to worry though, I found the 1.4.0 patch and reinstalled it myself ...

DirtyKunt
11-20-2014, 04:38 PM
May I ask just why you use those odd controls for moving like that?
Oh I readily admit I'm weird. I've been playing that way for years. I have not once ever used WASD. Just seems stupid to me.

Unholymoondog
11-20-2014, 06:18 PM
It should be fixed in tomorrows patch, fingers crossed.

Unholymoondog
11-20-2014, 06:37 PM

Cool I'm glad you got it working again, I thought you were stuffed like the rest of us. LOL

ProFirefighter
11-20-2014, 07:59 PM
It should be fixed in tomorrows patch, fingers crossed.

Cool I'm glad you got it working again, I thought you were stuffed like the rest of us. LOL

Yeah, I'm guessing the "reintroduction" of yesterday's patch will probably get the job done.

But until then, I had to decide to either locate the patch or just put the game aside until Friday. I could've got by for a few days with no Backwards, but the grappling hook not working was a no go.

V4mpir0xd
11-20-2014, 09:56 PM
I am extremely upset with not being able to play normally with my regular remaps, I'm a gamer mouse and keyboard, and never ever have had as many problems as I've had both farcry 3 as farcry 4 and should have learned to correctly remap their games and it's embarrassing, you need to patch a game nothing else out 4 times to "work" minimally good, I'm very disappointed with Ubisoft, and if not quickly corrected the problem of the mouse buttons and Remaping "tHAT IS ****ING IMPOSSIBLE tO PLAY EVERY TIME yOU WANT UP a ROPE, AMONG OTHER "I'm afraid I'm going to order the repayment in full of the game and I make a claim, as this really cause impotence psychological damage ... god centrate on operating at least the game and then and you will go fixing other glitches, but this is serious, gamers really rebind your keyboard and mouse and if that is not possible in this game, frankly I put a 0 to ubisoft to farcry uplay and by promoting something that can neither play.

y para aquellos que me van a entender perfectamente en mi lengua materna, castellano, estoy hasta los SANTOS COJONES de que en todas las ediciones de farcry existan este
tipo de problemas de remapeo de botones, es intolerable, no puedes sacar un juego a la venta o venderlo si no esta listo para ser jugado y los controles son algo fundamental, y mas para un gamer, estamos tontos o que? no solo estoy disgustado, es que como no lo repareis pronto os voy a poner una demanda que os vais a cagar, estais jodiendo a miles de usuarios dandoles un producto defectuoso, que falla mas que una escopeta de feria y que no se puede ni remapear que es lo mas basico, ale ya me he quedado bien, os pongo un cero, lo he comprado por adelantado y la verdad es que me arrepiento, la proxima compra que realize que provenga de ubisoft, me lo pensare 2 o mas veces, por muy bueno que sea el titulo, por que me acabais de decepcionar profundamente, y hablo no solo en mi nombre si no en el de miles de usuarios que opinaran lo mismo que yo y son mas delicados a la hora de decirlo, yo no tengo por que cortarme he pagado por algo y quiero que funcione PUNTO.

Galneryus
11-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Oh I readily admit I'm weird. I've been playing that way for years. I have not once ever used WASD. Just seems stupid to me.

Well I'm the same with not wanting to use WASD at all, as I can't stand it. I need space around my hand. But I'd get confused with a mouse button to move forward. But either way, you should be able to use AutoHotKey if it ever happens in other games and isn't fixed for us.

EvilPixieGrrr
11-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Some people have reported increased responsiveness by editing an xml file included with the game.

You should be able to find this XML file at this path: <C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\<USERID>\GamerProfile.xml>

In this file, try changing both "Smoothness=1"" and "Smoothness_Ironsight=1"" to 0

Sorry for the frustration.

kcantrel
11-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Where did you find the 1.4.0 patch?

BWX232
11-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Some people have reported increased responsiveness by editing an xml file included with the game.

You should be able to find this XML file at this path: <C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\<USERID>\GamerProfile.xml>

In this file, try changing both "Smoothness=1"" and "Smoothness_Ironsight=1"" to 0

Sorry for the frustration.

Ridiculous that you do not know that this DOES NOT WORK! Everyone knows that but Ubisoft apparently.

And why the hell is mouse wheel not able to be separated from page-up and page-down key binding!?

And why mouse wheel is stuck changing grenade type! I want mouse wheel to change weapons!. Please fix it ASAP.

And why cant I bind mouse wheel up to something, and then binf mouse wheel down to something else!?!?!

WTF this game sucks for me right now and is completely unplayable. I am a lefty that uses right side of keyboard and this game is FUBAR right now.

I need page-up and page-down and mouse wheel to change weapons- JUST LIKE FC3! Is that so hard to do?

$60 down the drain. WTF.

ProFirefighter
11-21-2014, 05:18 AM
Where did you find the 1.4.0 patch?

Well, we're just hours away from Ubisoft's "reintroduction" of the 1.4.0 patch so you're probably better off just waiting.

But if you want it before then, Google "Far Cry 4 Update 1.0.3 and 1.0.4".

Ridiculous that you do not know that this DOES NOT WORK! Everyone knows that but Ubisoft apparently ... $60 down the drain. WTF.

Believe me, I know your frustration. But with 1.0.4 coming back (ahem), I suspect at least some of the issues you mentioned will be addressed.

Post back here and let us know!

BWX232
11-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I hope they fix a lot of stuff. I would really like to play the game.

DirtyKunt
11-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Well, we're just hours away from Ubisoft's "reintroduction" of the 1.4.0 patch so you're probably better off just waiting.

But if you want it before then, Google "Far Cry 4 Update 1.0.3 and 1.0.4".

Believe me, I know your frustration. But with 1.0.4 coming back (ahem), I suspect at least some of the issues you mentioned will be addressed.

Post back here and let us know!
I Googled it, but mostly torrents come up. I'm not touching them with a 10ft pole. I'll wait for the Steam update.

Update: I just got a 2nd gtx 980. Gonna make FC4 my b!tch. lol :)

kcantrel
11-21-2014, 08:12 PM
I Googled it, but mostly torrents come up. I'm not touching them with a 10ft pole. I'll wait for the Steam update.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts, especially since I assume Ubi is going to release it again soon.

Update: I just got a 2nd gtx 980. Gonna make FC4 my b!tch. lol :)

I hope that works for you. I think there are other issues people are getting with SLI. :-(

ProFirefighter
11-21-2014, 10:48 PM

You're certainly free to do whatever you want. All I can tell you is that I've been running 1.4.0 for the past two days.

Update: I just got a 2nd gtx 980. Gonna make FC4 my b!t*h. lol :)

Overkill? lol

I'm running an i5-4460 with GTX 660 SC on Ultra settings with no problems!

DirtyKunt
11-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Overkill? lol

I'm running an i5-4460 with GTX 660 SC on Ultra settings with no problems!
Yes and no. I'm going to be switching to a 4k monitor soon, just waiting for a decent 4k 60hz IPS panel.

kcantrel
11-22-2014, 05:08 PM
I wonder if this is the reason why Ubi pulled the patch: http://www.eteknix.com/farcry-4-skidrow-patch-just-released/

Seems the 1.4 patch created a way for the hackers to work around the "FOV" problem Ubisoft put into the game to catch pirates.

BWX232
11-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Sounds about right...

Bananabender
12-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Help needed. I am halfway through this game when I suddenly loose my mouse bindings. All I did was buy a new Bow, assign it, and then no weapons would aim or fire. What is wrong ??? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. NEWBIE

tcul1972
12-14-2014, 11:23 PM
For the past 20+ years, I've used:

LMB for Fire
RMB for Forward
L & R Arrows for L & R Movement
Down Arrow for Backwards

I have used those same things since the first Doom PC game(the shareware version) 20 some years ago. . I also use my middle button to crouch.