PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on launch - [Possible Solution]

Hiro_ZA
11-18-2014, 11:13 PM
my game was crashing on startup. didn't even get to the main menu,just saw a progress bar at bottom which went about 75% and then the game crashed.

the solution is to keep verifying the game files (from UPLAY, click the drop down arrow on the PLAY button). i verified 3 times until it said "all files verified". and now the game starts up :-)

xMiiSTY
11-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Very awesome! Glad to hear it's working for you again.

lithiusv
11-18-2014, 11:42 PM
No, this is not a solution for me, and I expect for many other people

I ask that a mod adjust the title of this post so it is more accurate.

[Solved] suggests that this is the catch-all final solution for this problem, which it is not. This title just increases the frustration of your customers who have paid for this game and who cannot play it.

By not adjusting the title of this thread It also suggests that the mods/devs are stating that there is no problem with the coding of their game (i.e. if you just verify and make sure everything is ok, then it should work). This couldn't be further from the truth.

xMiiSTY
11-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Done.

Hiro_ZA
11-19-2014, 02:16 PM
bump. just hoping this helps somebody else out there with similiar issue ?

MarcSoulfly
11-19-2014, 02:20 PM
the solution is to keep verifying the game files (from UPLAY, click the drop down arrow on the PLAY button). i verified 3 times until it said "all files verified". and now the game starts up :-)

Does that make any sense to any of you?

Belgiangamer
11-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Does that make any sense to any of you?

Yes, but unfortunately I've been trying this for about 10 hours now. It always finds corrupt files, it always downloads about 7-10 GB of data and it always fails to solve the loading crash issue.

MarcSoulfly
11-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Yes, but unfortunately I've been trying this for about 10 hours now. It always finds corrupt files, it always downloads about 7-10 GB of data and it always fails to solve the loading crash issue.

I can only verify the files on Steam, not on Uplay.