PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually enjoying the game.

SearStingray157
11-18-2014, 11:13 PM
I know Unity gets a lot of negative comments and bad reviews, but I'm actually enjoying the game and am looking forward to many hours of fun.
I'm 16 hours into the game, but only at sequence 6, memory 1, the rest of the time I have spend on side missions, just like I have done in all the previous ACs (and Far Cry 3).
I'm playing on Xbox One, and yes, I have had the 'fall through the earth' bug, and the controls are sometimes a bit unpredictable, causing Arno to jump places I didn't intend him to jump, but overall I think this game is almost on par with Black Flag.

What I do not like is the fact that I cannot open some chests unless I play on the companion app, and this seems very buggy (on Windows App), and just doesn't make sense to me. If I want to send my assassins on missions, let me do it from within the game, and definitely - do not ask me to pay for unlocking items, I already paid for the game.

So, am I the only one actually enjoying the game ?

JustPlainQuirky
11-18-2014, 11:32 PM
The co-op is fun.

The parkour is fun.

Just the story and initiates/companion app sucks IMO.

And the glitchy stealth, but apparently a patch fixes that.

Megas_Doux
11-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Paris is the best thing ever, the combat and parkour are pure fun, the mission design is solid, the anomalies were a truly welcomed susprise and there is a lot of stuff to do.

However the story ends poorly,

Lonnie_Jackson
11-18-2014, 11:42 PM
This is exactly what I wanted in a AC game. I am having a blast and I can't stop becoming immersed in the city. The murder mysteries are fun and co-op is a blast. The story didnt bug me like some, cause I have a feeling Arno isn't done. Even if he doesn't get more games I still think his way of thinking, his passion in what he thinks is right makes him the most interesting character I have played in one ac game. Arno is the character I have waited for.

Aaron5588
11-19-2014, 01:13 AM
I know Unity gets a lot of negative comments and bad reviews

Not just this game boss.. Tons of people waste their lives nagging and crying about how crappy this game is, and what sucks in that game, then there's the people who complain about the other players and the way they play the game.. But I do agree with you.. This game is great, there is a lot of room for things to be better but the game has been out for less than a month.. Its nice to see some people that post good things and not just negative b******t all the time..

Pr0metheus 1962
11-19-2014, 01:56 AM
I'm enjoying the game too. But that doesn't mean I'm not also horribly disappointed in it. The problem is, by the time I'm done with the game, they'll patch it and make it decent. By then, It'll be long past the time when it would make my game experience better.

The point is, when they release games this bug-ridden and only barely playable, they make it so that many of us play the game but never play the game as it should have been. That's why they shouldn't ever release games in this state. It would actually be better if the game was totally unplayable - at least then I wouldn't be tempted to play it and I might get to play a properly patched game, rather than the botched abortion that Unity is.

Megas_Doux
11-19-2014, 02:06 AM
Shame on Ubi, indeed.

hood3dassassin5
11-19-2014, 04:01 AM
"I will not weep, and wonder what might of been."