PDA

View Full Version : Save bugs and lost progress on PC version

breadstickninja
11-18-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm seeing repeated issues with progress being lost even after saving, and finding that upgrades and opened chests etc. are being lost. This happens even if I fast travel back to a safe house or other behavior which seems like it should save everything I've done up until that point, in addition to just using the menu save feature.

It also doesn't just happen when I leave the game--- after choosing Sabal's first mission and doing several intermediate tasks such as seizing two bell towers and taking an outpost, I then did the Outpost Master mission, and when I was done with Outpost Master, the game had forgotten whether I'd chosen Amita or Sabal's mission and now I have to go back to those conversations and re-select it. I can't be certain how much other progress, like looted chests, torn posters, etc. was also lost without retracing my steps to see what saved and what didn't.

Those are only some of the issues I'm experiencing. I've also encountered gameplay bugs like grapple sections where you can climb a lower section, but the upper section is completely untargetable, no matter how you move or try to target it. I also encountered one glitch where I seemed to be "falling uphill," sort of like the downwards sliding you do on rock sections, except dragging me backwards up a slope.

Any insights on save behavior and how to stop losing progress? Or should I just wait for a patch from Ubisoft that hopefully addresses the issues?

Silenced2447
11-18-2014, 10:30 PM
I've been experiencing the same issue several times over.

Any progress made in between bigger missions (crafts, buying weapons, finding masks or other items, etc.) was lost the minute I exited to windows, even if I had seen the game supposedly saving said progress...

Any insight would be appreciated, since this makes the game a chore to play, in my opinion.

m0therpuncher22
11-21-2014, 02:54 AM
I'm glad I found this thread, thought I was losing my mind. I'll do the same thing, go to a safe house and save the game before loging off. When I get back on later, I'm nowhere near the safe house and some progress has been lost. I'm sure there's nothing we can do about it except wait for Ubisoft to fix the problem, though I won't hold my breath on that.

Genotype_Jim
12-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Yeah I just reinstalled FarCry 4 after a reformat and the save that Uplay got back off the could is hours of game play behind.