PDA

View Full Version : Framerate locked to 30fps (or less) ?

LSMetag
11-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Hello !

So I play Assassin's Creed Unity with not really serious issues. I just have difficulties to master the gameplay of the game (I don't find it precise and I often do things I don't want to (quit covers for example)).

I have troubles to master the gameplay because I get the impression the game runs at 20fps ! Smooth but slow !

I don't see optimization's issues as I checked the Framerate. With everything to max except Antialiasing to FXAA (and no Vsync), I am between 30 and 60fps (mostly 35).
My config is "only"

- I5 3570k @ 4100Mhz
- Geforce GTX 670 2gb OC (a sort of GTX 680)
- 8gb DDR3 @ 2400mhz,
- a Samsung SSD 840 Evo
- Windows 8.1 Pro x64

So I can't say It's not optimized regarding what is displayed (some stuttering in close plans nevertheless). It's absolutely splendid !

The real problem is that when I have 60fps, It's absolutely no different than when I am at 30 fps !!
So, I have difficulties to handle the game because it's slow on purpose !!!!
I may be less gifted than the majority...

Rumors regarding the FPS voluntarily capped at 30fps seems to be confirmed...

My demand is simple : uncap the Framerate !

PricklyBlitz
11-18-2014, 10:15 PM
the problem is you running this game on max your textures should be on high ,shadows high, environment high, ambient occlusion should be ssao but you couuuuld get away with hbao but ssao will give you better performance framerate isnt locked the game just is not optimized so your not going to get good performance that said re adjust I have a gtx 760 SC and I had to re adjust just to get an average 45 fps

LSMetag
11-19-2014, 01:35 AM
the problem is you running this game on max your textures should be on high ,shadows high, environment high, ambient occlusion should be ssao but you couuuuld get away with hbao but ssao will give you better performance framerate isnt locked the game just is not optimized so your not going to get good performance that said re adjust I have a gtx 760 SC and I had to re adjust just to get an average 45 fps

I never go under 30fps, with no stuttering. I don't absolutely want 60fps. It's just that when I am in areas where I get 55 fps, I just don't get the impression it's smoother than in 30fps areas.

The SSD is handling stuttering (I use it for the pagefile).

I went around the problem by swapping my XBox360 controller to keyboard and mouse (though there is a bug that prevents me to assign the RCTRL key). It's much more fast and reactive now. So at last I can play !
But I still have this feeling that whatever the framerate, the game has the same speed.

jeffies04
11-19-2014, 01:56 AM
Hello !

So I play Assassin's Creed Unity with not really serious issues. I just have difficulties to master the gameplay of the game (I don't find it precise and I often do things I don't want to (quit covers for example)).

I have troubles to master the gameplay because I get the impression the game runs at 20fps ! Smooth but slow !

I don't see optimization's issues as I checked the Framerate. With everything to max except Antialiasing to FXAA (and no Vsync), I am between 30 and 60fps (mostly 35).
My config is "only"

- I5 3570k @ 4100Mhz
- Geforce GTX 670 2gb OC (a sort of GTX 680)
- 8gb DDR3 @ 2400mhz,
- a Samsung SSD 840 Evo
- Windows 8.1 Pro x64

So I can't say It's not optimized regarding what is displayed (some stuttering in close plans nevertheless). It's absolutely splendid !

The real problem is that when I have 60fps, It's absolutely no different than when I am at 30 fps !!
So, I have difficulties to handle the game because it's slow on purpose !!!!
I may be less gifted than the majority...

Rumors regarding the FPS voluntarily capped at 30fps seems to be confirmed...

My demand is simple : uncap the Framerate !

The framerate isn't actually capped. You're not going to achieve 60fps constant with everything maxxed on your system. This is just a reality to face. I would settle for 30 on your system and settings on high, not ultra.

USAdystopia
11-19-2014, 04:59 AM
LSMetag...why do you have a pagefile? See SSD Optimization Guide on thessdreview. Use RAPID mode, also.