PDA

View Full Version : Terrible stuttering, most noticeable while driving - poor texture streaming

Mwelling12
11-18-2014, 08:53 PM
My specs:

i7 2600k OC'd to 4.5GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 980 4GB OC'd to 1265MHz, 1510MHz boost
250GB SSD
144Hz VG248QE Asus monitor
Windows 7 x64
Running MSI Afterburner with OSD for framerate and GPU information

I am someone who likes a very smooth gaming experience. Far Cry 4 is a demanding title on the GPU. That's good news. PC has needed titles to push its increasingly powerful hardware over the last few years. I usually run games at 120 fps locked, because this is what feels most smooth to me. In Far Cry 4, I can't manage 120 fps constantly with the graphic options turned up to where I want them. But that's fine with me. I've capped the framerate myself with Afterburner to 95 fps. I can run it at 95 fps constantly, and for the most part, it looks and feels great. I was running most settings on High, with Textures and Post Processing set to Ultra. AO to HBAO+ and God Rays to volumetric fog.

That is, until I started driving around on a vehicle. I noticed that as you move around the environment rapidly, there is severe stuttering. My framerate often suddenly plummets from 95 down to 65 or 70, before recovering. For those who will say "well it's still above 60, so what?" a sudden drop like this is VERY noticeable. It's as if the screen freezes for a split second. This is not tolerable, especially when it's occurring while traveling all over the environment while on a vehicle.

I noticed that, if I turn Textures all the way down to Medium, these stutters are mostly gone. All other settings can remain at High, Very High, or Ultra. I can even turn all settings (except Textures, of course) up to their highest, and this stuttering does not occur, as long as Textures is at Medium or Low.

This, of course, points to a problem with Far Cry 4's Texture Streaming. My video card has 4GB of VRAM. It is not nearly maxing it out. Additionally, my game is on an SSD. My system RAM usage is barely over 50% while the game is running. This is not a hardware problem. The game simply cannot stream the large High/Very High/Ultra textures in on the fly fast enough to keep up with the player traveling around the environment quickly.

I am assuming the solution needed is a patch. Because if I can't run the game smoothly with high end hardware, I'm assuming those with middle or low end hardware are having the same issues. Ubisoft needs to dedicate some time to making sure the game can run well enough on PC, because these types of issues (i.e. issues that users cannot fix by tweaking or upgrading their hardware) are not acceptable.

SookMePlooms
11-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Having the same issue. It's usually buttery smooth @60fps. When I'm driving I get the same stuttering issues when moving through the environment and fps dips for a second or two.

i5 3570k OC'd to 4.2GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970 4GB OC'd to 1300MHz boost
250GB SSD
60hz samsung monitor
Windows 8.1 64bit

All settings are at the "Nvidia" setting except for:
Tree relief off
AA set to SMAA instead of TXAA
Post FX off (as I hate the bloom and depth of field effect)

Mwelling12
11-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Having the same issue. It's usually buttery smooth @60fps. When I'm driving I get the same stuttering issues when moving through the environment and fps dips for a second or two.

i5 3570k OC'd to 4.2GHz
8GB RAM
250GB SSD
60hz samsung monitor
Windows 8.1 64bit

Tree relief off

Thanks for your reply. Try turning the Texture setting down to Medium and see if that alleviates the problem. Let me know.

Hypocrisy-95
11-18-2014, 09:41 PM
XFX HD Radeon 7950, Fx-6350, Ram: 8Gb . (overclocked) even whit stocks i get those + in any game settings, everything els smooth 45-70fps (espect flying also has this bug)
hopefully fix would be soon! (i have heard many players now who has lower end rig on PC and playing smoothly on very high or high.)

AndyBoardy
11-18-2014, 09:47 PM

i5 3570k OC'd to 4.2GHz
8GB RAM
250GB SSD
60hz samsung monitor
Windows 8.1 64bit

Tree relief off

Yep, my PC also fine on foot for the most part @60 fps occasional dips on foot then recovers almost immediately. But massively dipping up and down in vehicles haven't tried the texture settings yet, I don't particularly want to play with medium texture settings.

i7 2600k @4ghz
8GB Ram
GTX 780Ti 3GB on board video memory
Win 7 64bit

Dicehunter
11-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Stuttering here also, PC spec in signature, It's actually on FC3 as well, Every game I have runs silky smooth apart from FC3+4, Both suffer from insane amounts of stutter.

EvilPixieGrrr
11-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Sorry to hear you're having stuttering in Far Cry 4. I highly recommend you contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/) about this so they can further assist you.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

USAdystopia
11-19-2014, 01:28 AM
mswelling12...get a monitor that matches your hardware (1440 or larger) to an enthusiast level and isn't entry level like you have and you'll be cured of your 120fps anxiety.

wootwoots
11-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Look like UbiSoft is absolutely UNABLE to produce a correctly optimized game... after watch dogs.. assassin creed unity... fary Cry4 have quite bad stutter that is killing eyes...
Sure FC4 is "better" optimized than watch dogs and ACunity because of that very old engine.. but still...

Thoses guys seriously need to learn to finish their game before release them.. ><

xlxcrossing
11-19-2014, 03:48 AM
The saddest part, even after everything about stutter and performance in FC3 and how it was never fixed through patches, Ubi will do the exact same thing with FC4. Step 1. Be silent Step 2. Issue impertinent patches step 3. claim it working for a few outweigh the ton step 4. design Far Cry 5

Dicehunter
11-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Still getting horrible performance, My actual fps are nice and high but the stuttering is getting stupid now.

Ubisoft please for the love of gaming, Fix it, You charged me £50 for a game that should not of been released for another few months, It should of stayed in development for at least 2 more months to sort out the performance issues for the people with mid to higher end machines.

GPU usage is going up and down sporadically, I've tested 30+ games and FC3+4 are the only ones that do this, guessing it's a problem with the engines used.

Graph showing GPU usage in FC4 -

http://i.imgur.com/f52BL6d.png

phila-delphia
11-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Hi there!

I as well experience very bad frametimes (jumping from 20ms to 600ms) in FC4 as well. Seems like a Texture streaming issue.

This should be fixed in the upcomming patch please.

Best regards

phila

Homerloif
11-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Same issue for me as well. It's giving me a headache after only a few minutes playing.

I reported this to Ubisoft already but I'm not hopeful of a response.... They never seem to reply to game breaking issues.

Rallywrx
11-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Still getting horrible performance, My actual fps are nice and high but the stuttering is getting stupid now.

Ubisoft please for the love of gaming, Fix it, You charged me £50 for a game that should not of been released for another few months, It should of stayed in development for at least 2 more months to sort out the performance issues for the people with mid to higher end machines.

GPU usage is going up and down sporadically, I've tested 30+ games and FC3+4 are the only ones that do this, guessing it's a problem with the engines used.

Graph showing GPU usage in FC4 -

http://i.imgur.com/f52BL6d.png

I have tried this game across three nvidia cards. A gtx 970, 770 and 760oc 4gb. Funny enough it runs like crap on all of em.
I really hope they address the major issues with this game soon. Crossing my fingers..

Running around and driving is nauseating as hell as textures load in your face, pop in just from turning your back. The little black square fade in looks worse than the blood dragon/fc3 fade in.. and it happens all over.

Some anti aliasing settings give a pink one pixel tall line around the screen when staring at the ground/dirt textures. Goes back to normal if you look at any thing else!

The textures popping in are killing the fps so much, it is as if there is zero anisotropic filtering... why no 16x why no option at all in these games.

I also feel most the settings either do nothing at all (except textures and godrays) or the textures streaming in are impacting performance more than any of the gfx settings!

It is so disgusting that even on a mid range 660 FC3 runs maxxed out with a faint stutter on some areas loading in and this FC4 on low runs like a fast slideshow every 30 sec.
I have tried messing with every setting and can't find a decent frame rate on 3 different machines 2 of which should really have no issues running this on very high/ultra settings.

I

nebura84
11-19-2014, 01:27 PM
I found the solution; "Texture" setting to "Middle", no stupid stuttering while driving.
But... it really doesn't enough for "High" setting even GTX780Ti 3GB?
What a very poor optimizing for PC!

Rallywrx
11-19-2014, 01:56 PM
I found the solution; "Texture" setting to "Middle", no stupid stuttering while driving.
But... it really doesn't enough for "High" setting even GTX780Ti 3GB?
What a very poor optimizing for PC!

Sadly
that is not a good solution as it does not work for all. I have this on 3 machines, 3 different cards (post above you is mine).
No matter what settings even on low or all medium there is terrible texture streaming and performance.

Yeah it is like they didn't bother to test it past turning on the main menu (which most people can't get past).
After all the years they really do show how much they appreciate customers, investigating feedback and communication.. They really have dropped the ball on the last two lol.

I really like the game but it needs some major hands on work.

MayhemNT
11-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Glad I'm not alone with this issue, I never had any trouble running Far Cry 3 though, it used to run very well on my system.

Far Cry 4 however is a different animal. It's horrible, I've tried it on all settings now and the stuttering is a game breaker. Even on Low settings with everything turned off it still stutters .

AMD user I'm afraid, looks like they didn't bother testing any AMD cards as I've seen many forum threads regarding this issue with AMD hardware.

squidler80
11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
My specs:

i7 2600k OC'd to 4.5GHz
8GB RAM
250GB SSD
Windows 7 x64

I am someone who likes a very smooth gaming experience. Far Cry 4 is a demanding title on the GPU. That's good news. PC has needed titles to push its increasingly powerful hardware over the last few years. I usually run games at 120 fps locked, because this is what feels most smooth to me. In Far Cry 4, I can't manage 120 fps constantly with the graphic options turned up to where I want them. But that's fine with me. I've capped the framerate myself with Afterburner to 95 fps. I can run it at 95 fps constantly, and for the most part, it looks and feels great. I was running most settings on High, with Textures and Post Processing set to Ultra. AO to HBAO+ and God Rays to volumetric fog.

That is, until I started driving around on a vehicle. I noticed that as you move around the environment rapidly, there is severe stuttering. My framerate often suddenly plummets from 95 down to 65 or 70, before recovering. For those who will say "well it's still above 60, so what?" a sudden drop like this is VERY noticeable. It's as if the screen freezes for a split second. This is not tolerable, especially when it's occurring while traveling all over the environment while on a vehicle.

I noticed that, if I turn Textures all the way down to Medium, these stutters are mostly gone. All other settings can remain at High, Very High, or Ultra. I can even turn all settings (except Textures, of course) up to their highest, and this stuttering does not occur, as long as Textures is at Medium or Low.

This, of course, points to a problem with Far Cry 4's Texture Streaming. My video card has 4GB of VRAM. It is not nearly maxing it out. Additionally, my game is on an SSD. My system RAM usage is barely over 50% while the game is running. This is not a hardware problem. The game simply cannot stream the large High/Very High/Ultra textures in on the fly fast enough to keep up with the player traveling around the environment quickly.

I am assuming the solution needed is a patch. Because if I can't run the game smoothly with high end hardware, I'm assuming those with middle or low end hardware are having the same issues. Ubisoft needs to dedicate some time to making sure the game can run well enough on PC, because these types of issues (i.e. issues that users cannot fix by tweaking or upgrading their hardware) are not acceptable.

Welcome to the new generation of ubi games where you need 20GB-Vram lol... Same issues with all of ubi next gen games watch dogs ring a bell, textures streaming ubi can't seem to figure out on pc at least high quality textures.. Anyway i am running into the same issue as you gtx 980 sli , 4770k Asus Rog swift g-sync monitor.

sjchmura
11-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Been pouring through this thread (stuttering) and trying to get a game plan together.. is this a good summary of what to try?

System:
i7 3770k/4ghz
GTX 970
NVIDIA presets
1920x1080p
16GB RAM

Stutters horribly in first scene riding in truck. Stutters on foot. Seems "smooth" and then stutters (200ms pauses etc)

1. Move game to SSD first. I saw this on another thread... not sure why this would help with my 16GB ram
2. Try GEFOREC experience settings?
3. Enable VSYNC
? Which VSYNC mode?
? Force it in game or control panel?
4. "CAP " FPS. As I understand it you need RIVATUNER for that?

I don't understand how this can be so smooth on my new 970 and then just literally "pause".

squidler80
11-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Been pouring through this thread (stuttering) and trying to get a game plan together.. is this a good summary of what to try?

System:
i7 3770k/4ghz
GTX 970
NVIDIA presets
1920x1080p
16GB RAM

Stutters horribly in first scene riding in truck. Stutters on foot. Seems "smooth" and then stutters (200ms pauses etc)

1. Move game to SSD first. I saw this on another thread... not sure why this would help with my 16GB ram
2. Try GEFOREC experience settings?
3. Enable VSYNC
? Which VSYNC mode?
? Force it in game or control panel?
4. "CAP " FPS. As I understand it you need RIVATUNER for that?

I don't understand how this can be so smooth on my new 970 and then just literally "pause".

It's the texture streaming issue , only thing you can do it drop textures to med and it reduces stuttering a lot.

xSHiiiMMYx
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
It worked for me, I changed the value to 1, stutter almost completely gone here even with textures set on Very High.
I saw it on neogaf I think.

sjchmura
11-19-2014, 07:02 PM
It's the texture streaming issue , only thing you can do it drop textures to med and it reduces stuttering a lot.

BUt with 4GB VRAM what is this happening?? So is UBISOFT not using more than 2GB?

sjchmura
11-19-2014, 07:05 PM
It worked for me, I changed the value to 1, stutter almost completely gone here even with textures set on Very High.
I saw it on neogaf I think.

Sorry, which value did you change?

xSHiiiMMYx
11-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Sorry, which value did you change?

I changed the value on DisableLoadingMip0="0" to DisableLoadingMip0="1" under GamerProfile.xml.
Just change it from "0" to "1".

squidler80
11-19-2014, 07:35 PM
I changed the value on DisableLoadingMip0="0" to DisableLoadingMip0="1" under GamerProfile.xml.
Just change it from "0" to "1".

All ready tried this doesn't work for me :(

Torcqua
11-20-2014, 02:13 PM
My specs:

i7 2600k OC'd to 4.5GHz
8GB RAM
250GB SSD
Windows 7 x64

Just wondering how you're able to even reach that FPS as mine is nowhere near.

Maxed out, I get roughly 59FPS. However the main difference between Me & You is I don't overclock anything, never have done.
Even dropping the graphics quality, it rarely changes any FPS for me. I'm using G-Sync as well on an Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Specs;

CPU: Intel i7 4820k @ 3.7Ghz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 - Reference Design, so normally lower clocks than ACX coolers/aftermarkets.
Mobo: Gigabye X79-UP4
RAM: Corsair XMS3 16GB 1600Mhz

Do you think perhaps, albeit crazy to think, that a possible Bottleneck is happening between the CPU & GPU? Especially with it being clocked at stock 3.7Ghz?

s4tt0
11-20-2014, 03:30 PM
ASUS Radeon ROG R9 290X, 4GB GDDR5 (512 Bit) and Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition. Tons of RAM and SSD disk. Havent tried newest AC, but FC4 is the first game I couldnt just set everything to ultra and play. Microstuttering all the way. I will not play with textures set to medium, so I tried everything to have good picture quality. Finally I found out that beta radeon drivers helps a lot.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-11-2-BetaWINReleaseNotes.aspx
Its not a final solution, but game become playable. Try this if you suffer from performance issues on FC4.

SonicTheDilweed
11-20-2014, 08:15 PM
This disableMip option KILLS texture quality.

We need to pressure Ubisoft to oficially recognize this stuttering issue. This is unacceptable.

Dave3d07
11-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Funny, I didnt have this issue in FC3 at all.
Now, I have it in FC4.
BUT, I didnt have the stuttering when I had the old 341 nvidia 780gtx drivers installed, and now I do with the 344 nvidia drivers, and going back now does not fix the issue.
:(

Intell 990X @ 4.0ghz (no hyperthreading on, just straight 6 real cores)
12GB memory
GTX780 3GB memory

EDIT:
WOOHOO!!!
]quote]
[/quote]

This fixed the stuttering issue for me!
344 nvidia whql driver, some setting modified, like blur=off, shadows=medium, AA/MSAA/MSAO/ETC/ETC/ETC disabled.
:)
Totally stutter free.
Doesnt look as good, but can at least play the game.
:)

Thanks to Shiiimmy for the workaround!

CitizenOfDni
11-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Yes, the streaming stutter is awful in this game. Very strange, because Far Cry 3 runs supersmooth on my machine. SSD or HDD, it doesn't matter, Far Cry 4 has stutters on both. And I don't think it's a VRAM issue, because the game only uses 3GB and I have a 4GB 970.

Dicehunter
11-21-2014, 02:15 AM
Ubisoft need to fix this ASAP, It's pathetic that they would release a game in this condition.

mafiaace
11-21-2014, 06:11 AM
I'm running in similar issues, though am running the game at 1440P@100hz on Ultra. There is a ton of intermittent stuttering, especially when driving. Compared to Far Cry 3, it's a complete mess. FC3 ran butter smooth to me, averaging between 75-100fps everywhere with no stuttering. FC4 on the other hand, I'm luck to get 70fps in most cases, and while on vehicles I'm dropping down to 45FPS which feels awful.

The game definitely does take advantage of the 3 cards, and aside from NPC towns that are CPU limited (Same behavior was in FC3), everywhere else each card is running at 90-98% utilization, so it's not like the SLI profile isn't working. I've been running the mipmap fix as well as adaptive vsync since launch, as FC3 ran great with similar settings.

My Rig is as follows and is no slouch in modern games:
i7 930 @ 4Ghz
3x GTX 680 4GB in 3-Way SLI
24GB RAM
EVGA X58 3-Way SLI Mobo
Samsung EVO SSD, what FC4 is installed on

Murderotica926
11-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Sorry to hear you're having stuttering in Far Cry 4. I highly recommend you contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/) about this so they can further assist you.

As a community manager the least could say is "we acknowledge the issue and are looking into it" or "I'll pass that along to the developers." Or do you not have any communication with the developers at all?

A simple "I'm sorry" isn't going to make anyone feel better about dropping $60 on a broken product...

AlexFuzzball
11-21-2014, 08:09 PM
^That.

Fubsy08
11-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Hi all,

Just posting to say I also have this horrible stuttering problem which makes it unplayable and actually made my eyes sting after about half an hour of actually trying to play it..

I get micro stutter fps drops when traveling along in vehicles or running, but the worse part for me is when looking left or right its like the mouse is an old ball mouse with notches, it seems like the game is dropping images when looking left or right very strange and totally unacceptable.

The lower the DPI on the mouse I use the more obvious the notchey mouse movement becomes, mouse is fine on every other game ( Steelseries Sensei Raw )

Farcry 3 ran flawlessly apart from the negative mouse accel but that was bearable

And why doesn't the game have a FOV slider with number I mean would it really of been that hard to put numbers on it?

Its a shame because Farcry 4 seems like a fantastic game.

My pc specs are

i5 4670k not OC
Amd 280x not OC
16gb DDR 3
250gb Samsung EVO SSD game is running from this

Squenks
11-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Disablemip=1 (or whatever the value is) works well, but the texture quality suffers a lot so... hurry up and fix this. I didn't buy 2 980's so I could have a game that lags every couple of seconds. Which I also bought. With money. Ubisoft, I like your games but you're just as bad as Call of Duty devs acknowledging any problems with their games.

toon-tech
11-21-2014, 10:50 PM
For one god damn game to run stable 60FPS, I bought the 970 gtx to avoid this kind of things.

AND i get sad man, not one game runs the way it should.. just fed up with games right now!

aggressor27
11-22-2014, 02:42 AM
Same issue, only my stuttering is prominent when walking around as well. Weapons, when aimed form a vehicle, bounce around as if vibrating. I keep my frame rate locked at 60, and it only drops below that for a fraction of a second when loading new terrain, yet the game plays like a terrible power point presentation with all this stuttering. Ultra to low settings, absolutely no change with this issue.

Genome852
11-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi all,

Just posting to say I also have this horrible stuttering problem which makes it unplayable and actually made my eyes sting after about half an hour of actually trying to play it..

I get micro stutter fps drops when traveling along in vehicles or running, but the worse part for me is when looking left or right its like the mouse is an old ball mouse with notches, it seems like the game is dropping images when looking left or right very strange and totally unacceptable.

The lower the DPI on the mouse I use the more obvious the notchey mouse movement becomes, mouse is fine on every other game ( Steelseries Sensei Raw )

Farcry 3 ran flawlessly apart from the negative mouse accel but that was bearable

And why doesn't the game have a FOV slider with number I mean would it really of been that hard to put numbers on it?

Its a shame because Farcry 4 seems like a fantastic game.

My pc specs are

i5 4670k not OC
Amd 280x not OC
16gb DDR 3
250gb Samsung EVO SSD game is running from this

Seems to be two different issues.

One is the stuttering while moving quickly in the outdoor areas (ie. sprinting or using vehicle). Seems to be related to textures loading in, causing a hitch.

Second is the 'stutter' that only happens when using a mouse and moving the camera. I think it's actually not stutter, but the horrible mouse acceleration in the game. It's not a smooth acceleration curve, but a very sudden huge increase in speed. If you are running around, every time the mouse speed accelerates so suddenly, it can look like a microstutter. The reason I don't think it's real stuttering is because I get it too when I am using a mouse, but with a controller I don't have this issue.

RubyDriver
11-22-2014, 07:20 AM
I had terrible tearing, so I had to enable V-sync. My FPS sits at 60 most of the time ... until I try to use a vehicle. Immediately the frame rate drops into the single digits. I can't even think about using the gyro-copter! Additionally, just turning my character's head can easily cause my FPS to 1/2.

I have a GTX780 and the game is running off of a SSD. Most of the graphics settings are cranked down to medium and the game is still annoying the hell out of me.

As bad as that is, the reason I came to the forum tonight is that now, at approximately five hours into the game, none of my weapons will fire! WTF!!!

BassMan_
11-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Ubisoft needs to seriously work on their game engines. Games from the new gen consoles are terrible on PC. Watchdogs, Assassin's Creed and now Far Cry.... all ruined! WTF is wrong with these developers? Same issues... stuttering, bugs, poor PC controls and optimization. Get it together because we are not going to stand for this. We pay for a complete product, not some half-*** POS.

phila-delphia
11-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Same here OP. Texture based stuttering on anything higher than "medium"

Right now I have all on Ultra save for the textures (I Play on low) - this way the game is perfectly smooth ;-)

Pleas UBI work it out.

Oh, by the way ist not the Win 7 timer issue to me, as I use 8.1.

Best regards

phila

phila-delphia
11-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Just read that UBI are working on the mouse issues, which is good.

Still I`d like to hear something about the texture streaming.

It`s a shame that I have to play on "low" textures just because the stuttering is so bad.

Please make UBI hear this one.

Best regards

phila

GameLordAxe
11-25-2014, 11:09 PM
The same sh|t.

i7-2600K, 4.4 Ghz

GTX 680 SLI with FC3 SLI hack

with no SLI hack SLI has serious bugs.

auApex
11-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Ubisoft needs to seriously work on their game engines. Games from the new gen consoles are terrible on PC. Watchdogs, Assassin's Creed and now Far Cry.... all ruined! WTF is wrong with these developers? Same issues... stuttering, bugs, poor PC controls and optimization. Get it together because we are not going to stand for this. We pay for a complete product, not some half-*** POS.

The obvious explanation is that Ubisoft view PC titles as an afterthought. They devote the vast majority of their resources to console leaving whatever scraps are leftover to PC development. Ubisoft develop console games that are limited to 30fps and hastily port them to PC. It's no surprise that Ubisoft's PC titles are so poorly optimised when they are based on console games with such dismally low frame rates. Ubisoft have shown they can't be trusted to release working PC titles so the best option is to stop buying these games until they are fixed,

GameLordAxe
11-26-2014, 07:59 PM
I share your opinion, and suspend buying theirs games. They are on the second place at the no-buy list, first is 2K Games :).

gooble71
11-26-2014, 09:25 PM
I am experiencing major freeze and stutter whenever the current checkpoint loads after I die in the single player campaign, the sound is playing but the image is stuck or stuttering for about a minute. Other than that I am not getting any other issues and my gameplay is smooth at 35 - 60 fps but this freezing and stuttering when loading a check point is extremely frustrating and time consuming. It seems to happen whenever I die or restart a mission.

i7 920 @ 3.8
GTX 670
6 GB RAM
Intel SSD

SpinninPlates
11-27-2014, 05:06 AM
the xml fixes arent working

sager np8130, i7-2630qm, gtx 560m, 8gb ram, win 7 ult x64, official wired x360 controller, lowest settings.... this system was able to run shadows of mordor and the evil within quite well, i may be dated but there's no question my mobile system isn't the catalyst given how widespread these errors are.

also getting black screen (with the alt+tab bypass option, which isnt a fix), and no reticles on red dot sights

skunks1r
11-27-2014, 04:38 PM
i too have mental amount of stuttering, tried all different sli bit, gamerprofile commands, nothing work to a satisfactory standard, funnier thing is my pc play assassin creed untiy lovely with very minor stutter very infrequently. And ubisoft acknowledges issues and gives free dlc out, But why cant we get some acknowledgment about farcry 4 stuttering issues

kirksteruk
11-27-2014, 04:49 PM
The OP is trolling somewhat - the human eye can't see above 80fps, also he is complaining about 60fps when he only has 8GB of RAM.

WoodsGun
11-27-2014, 05:40 PM
The OP is trolling somewhat - the human eye can't see above 80fps, also he is complaining about 60fps when he only has 8GB of RAM.

stop with that unless you have info to prove it... The human eye doesnt see in fps at all and its not all all understood how the eye and brain process all the information.
why would anyone need more than 8gb of ram for this game, it really uses next to no ram at all 4gb is plenty even. The op has a pc that EXCEEDS the required specs. Its you thats trolling.
120 and 144hz monitors are a thing, just because you can see each frame when theres 120+ per second doesnt mean you cant notice a huge increase in smoothness and clarity of picture

the microstutter people see is caused by frame timing not frame rate.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-far-cry-4-face-off

UHSStumpy
11-27-2014, 07:29 PM
I am also very disappointed my rig is i5-4670k 16gm Ram with 2x EVGA 780 ti ACX GPU running in Sli on an Asus Rog Swift PG278Q Monitor with G-Sync.
I originally had the Black screen on start up removing my SpeedLink Black Widow Stick sorted that out haven plugged it in again since the patch.
So now i can play the game I have stuttering the game is so dark its unplayable and when i do try to change the setting i get a screen freeze effect please feel free to check my Youtube Vids of the problem Ubisoft and please fix the game.

http://youtu.be/S11yM1rFtxg WTF !!!

http://youtu.be/2TCRM6N_fVQ Shadow overkill

kirksteruk
11-28-2014, 10:31 AM
stop with that unless you have info to prove it... The human eye doesnt see in fps at all and its not all all understood how the eye and brain process all the information.
why would anyone need more than 8gb of ram for this game, it really uses next to no ram at all 4gb is plenty even. The op has a pc that EXCEEDS the required specs. Its you thats trolling.
120 and 144hz monitors are a thing, just because you can see each frame when theres 120+ per second doesnt mean you cant notice a huge increase in smoothness and clarity of picture

the microstutter people see is caused by frame timing not frame rate.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-far-cry-4-face-off

The recommended specs are not suggested for ridiculous frame rates above 80! Common sense.

Dicehunter
11-28-2014, 10:51 AM

Sorry bud but your info is completely wrong, The human eye can see upwards of 200 fps but the eye doesn't actually work in "Frames per second" Not exactly anyway, The human eye sees whatever your brain can handle, Which is actually quite a lot.

It's actually quite easy to tell the difference between 60/80 and 140+ *144Hz monitor* if you can't then that is a problem with your own eyes.

The american and British air forces do tests with their pilots and their pilots who have some of the fastest reaction times on the planet and can see the difference anywhere up to 240 frames per second.

Here's a good video explaining a few things, This whole "The human eye can only see xx frames* bulls*** needs to stop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrfkX7J_LVs

The recommended specs are not suggested for ridiculous frame rates above 80! Common sense.

Again, Wrong, As WoodsGun said, It is not caused by a high frame rate, It is frame timing which is a byproduct of texture streaming ergo you get this stuttering effect at any frame rate.

And frame rates above 80 are not ridiculous if you game competitively on PC in tournaments, The difference between gaming on a 60Hz monitor and 144Hz monitor is huge when it comes to competitive gaming when the frame rate is often in or around 120 and such a high frame rate is needed for twitch shooters were the extra smoothness and responsiveness matters a lot, It's literally the difference between winning the tournament or losing it.

kirksteruk
11-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Sorry bud but your info is completely wrong, The human eye can see upwards of 200 fps but the eye doesn't actually work in "Frames per second" Not exactly anyway, The human eye see whatever your brain can handle, Which is actually quite a lot.

It's actually quite easy to tell the difference between 60/80 and 140+ *144Hz monitor* if you can't then that is a problem with your own eyes.

The american and British air forces do tests with their pilots and their pilots who have some of the fastest reaction times on the planet and can see the difference anywhere up to 240 frames per second.

Here's a good video explaining a few things, This whole "The human eye can only see xx frames* bulls*** needs to stop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrfkX7J_LVs

What is your point? If you want 120fps get a machine that can handle it. 99 players out of 100 don't give a crap as long as the game runs OK and looks amazing (which it does). Don't start slinging mud at Ubisoft your machine can't handle it. :cool:

Dicehunter
11-28-2014, 11:05 AM
What is your point? If you want 120fps get a machine that can handle it. 99 players out of 100 don't give a crap as long as the game runs OK and looks amazing (which it does). Don't start slinging mud at Ubisoft your machine can't handle it. :cool:

Troll much ?

You just started stating incorrect information so I corrected you, If you actually READ what people are stating most people have machines that meet or far exceed the games required specs but are still getting micro stutter problems.

And again you are wrong, This is the PC/tech section of the forums, Main word, PC, The reason people play on PC is because they want high frame rates and better graphics so yet again you are wrong.

LadyGamer85
11-28-2014, 11:10 AM

i have to admit you are trolling somewhat now, this is a forum with a lot of knowledgable people when it comes to tech and trolling just makes you look bad.

kirksteruk
11-28-2014, 11:16 AM
You just started stating incorrect information so I corrected you, If you actually READ what people are stating most people have machines that meet or far exceed the games required specs but are still getting micro stutter problems.

I know what I read, I am disputing that you should get 120fps if you meet recommended specs. I think that is common sense to most PC gamers. If you are disputing that fact than it's you who is in the wrong.

Dicehunter
11-28-2014, 11:20 AM
I know what I read, I am disputing that you should get 120fps if you meet recommended specs. I think that is common sense to most PC gamers. If you are disputing that fact than it's you who is in the wrong.

Well you might of meant that but it didn't come across that way :p, I agree that meeting recommended doesn't mean you automatically are meant to get 120 fps but it should mean you should get a playable experience but sadly with Ubisoft that is not the case lately which is evident as they let out a public apology about AC: Unity and I can see the same happening with this.

Nandiman
11-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Thread going a bit off topic maybe?

Dicehunter
11-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Thread going a bit off topic maybe?

No not really, Explaining how frame rate works, How the eye perceives it and explaining bits of info is still on topic, It's just a side track but still on the same topic pretty much.

sergeischumin
11-28-2014, 01:51 PM
I've read lots of posts and still couldn't find a good setting combination.... Any suggestion in how to fix or at least improve this horrible stuttering without having to reduce texture quality? They fixed black screen issue but this stuttering is living with us and the experience is bad.

I have 8 Gb RAM, 970 G1 Gaming GPU and i5 4690, it is not acceptable game runs smoothly 95% of the time but the 5% else are freezes just because there is some bug in texture streaming. This stuttering ruins the experience :nonchalance::nonchalance:

sygys
11-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Ive got the same problem here. But i not only get this when driving a vehicle but also on foot.

Im running 2X 760 gtx in SLI setup with a 3770K CPU wicht gives around 120 FPS on BF4 with settings to high and gives approx the same amount of computing power as the GTX Titan.

Setting everything to ultra in Far Cry 4 wil give me around 40 to 60 FPS wich is farely playable in single player. I have shutted down Anti aliasing to get aound 80 FPS. But these stutters happen all the time. And it seems to get worse the longer i play.

Also the vsync option is pretty broken. When set to on i have a terrible lag in the video feed in wich the footage is alot later then my input.

I think the game needs a fix for the textures.

sergeischumin
11-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, I also suffer this stuttering on foot, it is less irritating because the freezes doesn't feel so much as moving fast in vehicle, anyway too bad.

Nandiman
11-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Here's an interesting thing. How come when you unlock a bell tower and you do that fast flyby over some newly discovered locations there is very little stuttering? But when you're driving around at half the speed of that flyby you get exponentially worse stuttering. If the cause of the stuttering is the poor texture streaming which can't keep up when you're traveling fast, how come there is very little stuttering when that really fast flyby occurs?

bv90andy
11-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Here's an interesting thing. How come when you unlock a bell tower and you do that fast flyby over some newly discovered locations there is very little stuttering? But when you're driving around at half the speed of that flyby you get exponentially worse stuttering. If the cause of the stuttering is the poor texture streaming which can't keep up when you're traveling fast, how come there is very little stuttering when that really fast flyby occurs?

It might be that during that flyby the game doesn't actually load the high quality textures. It goes by very fast and you wouldn't notice the texture difference anyway.

sergeischumin
11-28-2014, 11:33 PM
It makes sense that flyby the textures of the world and ground have less transfer bandwith because they're less detailed than when you're on foot with all trees, buildings mountains and high detailed textures getting updated as you move, cause higher transfer stream bandwith.But I'm not UBI programmer so it is just an idea

cyberfredcobra
11-28-2014, 11:46 PM
hi guys ,

Same problem for me :(
1920x1080 , all maxed out , ultra , HBAO+ , tree on etc etc...
massive stutter in véhicle , and a little bit stuttering on foot.
I m so disapointed , cos texture streaming is very bad :(

I don't think it s a VRAM problem cos with my settings , only 2.4 Gb of VRAM are used and I have 3 Gb on my 780 Ti.
game runs at 60 fps but this massive stuttering broke completely my game :(
(it s installed on SSD)

Nandiman
11-29-2014, 01:51 PM
but this massive stuttering broke completely my game :(

That's a bit harsh, I doubt it can "break" the game. It's annoying, maybe even frustrating, but definitely not "completely" broken. "Completely" broken is when you're game crashes and you can't play anymore.

cyberfredcobra
11-29-2014, 04:32 PM
ok it s a bit harsh ,but this stuttering is very very annoying for me , especially in a game when we drive or travel a lot...
I try to lower detail and it s the same :(

kirksteruk
12-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Check your mouse drivers as the game doesn't have any stuttering issues for me at all.

Dark4ngel13
12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Maybe be worth to run the game in borderless. Check out the link in the signature.

muequi
12-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Where are the Ubi moderators??? there are 9 pages of complaings and it seems that they dont give a **** about this... this is a general problem and a think ubi wont release a patch anytime soon... they didnt announce it.

Toumal
12-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm running this game on two different PCs. It works great initially, but whenever I die and the game reloads, the game starts stuttering to a halt. Playing coop is even worse, even driving around triggers it, and fast travel or failing a mission with a reload even causes the game to halt the machine to the point where even the hardware mouse (!) cursor is frozen.
It recovers after 5-10 minutes, and then usually the network connection "drops" (of course, because of TCP timeouts and whatnot)

Also, you guys posting "fixes" that change graphics settings and whatnot - don't even bother. It's indeed the texture streaming that's at fault here, and the game creates a craption of IO load that bogs down even SSDs. And it's most certainly a bug as I can play perfectly fine solo until I die once, but then things are shot to hell and the slideshow starts.

This needs patching, badly.

The-Gurhm
12-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Same issue here, when moving around in any direction in the open game world (not the linear intro or small mission sections as much) every few seconds there is a huge stutter where the game skips several frames. It's bad when you're just running around and extremely worse when in a vehicle or flying around.

I've tried every potential band-aid like editing the XML GamerProfile config (changing DisableLoadingMip0 and GPUMaxBuffered Frames, etc). The only thing that lessens the problem is lowering the textures to Medium or below - this does NOT get rid of the issue and is NOT a fix...it's unacceptable and all my Friends and I refuse to play it like so. Furthermore, we have lowered all other settings one by one with no improvement. Tried running on both a single card and SLI setups (no AMD cards) which include, GTX980s in SLI, GTX780 and a GTX970. We've tried running it in windowed/borderless mode which doesn't solve it. VSync on/off in all situations which doesn't solve it.

Game Settings:
Ultra + NVIDIA (Enhanced)

My Specs:
MSI Gaming 5 mobo
1000w PSU
i7 4790K
GTX980 SLI
8GB RAM
1200p monitor

The-Gurhm
12-03-2014, 09:21 PM
One of the Ubi Community Managers posted saying to contact Ubi Support so I submitted the issue. Below is what I submitted and then their reply. I did receive an automatic reply to my personal email stating the following "You should expect a response from us within the next few business days (Monday - Friday)."

STUTTER ISSUE: Patch Required
Two of my friends and I purchased this game and we currently cannot play it. We all have killer rigs (my specs below) so there is no way this is a gear capability problem. I'm finding the issue widespread online as well.

Description: When moving around in any direction in the open game world (not the linear intro or small mission sections as much) every few seconds there is a huge stutter where the game skips several frames. It's bad when you're just running around and extremely worse when in a vehicle or flying around - It's unplayable!

PLEASE WATCH: The video below shows the issue in detail starting at 10:50.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M25Le3JdHH8

I've tried several potential band-aid solutions like editing the XML GamerProfile config (changing DisableLoadingMip0 and GPUMaxBuffered Frames, etc). The only thing that lessens the problem is lowering the textures to Medium or below - this does NOT get rid of the issue and is NOT a fix...it's unacceptable and all my Friends and I refuse to play it like so. Furthermore, we have lowered all other settings one by one with no improvement. Tried running on both a single card and SLI setups (no AMD cards) which include, GTX980s in SLI, GTX780 and a GTX970. We've tried running it in windowed/borderless mode which doesn't solve it. VSync on/off in all situations which doesn't solve it.

Game Settings:
NVIDIA (Ultra + NVIDIA - HBAO+, TXAA4, Enhanced God Rays)

My Specs:
MSI Gaming 5 mobo
1000w PSU
i7 4790K
GTX980 SLI
8GB RAM
1200p monitor

UBI SUPPORT:
Your Question has been Submitted.

Please use the following reference number 01813912.

An email has been sent to confirm that we have received your question. In addition to the confirmation email, you should also receive a response to your question by email from Ubisoft Support within the next few business days (Monday - Friday).

If you need to update your question, click the 'My Question History' button above and click the corresponding reference number. From here you can update your ticket with any additional information or provide any attachments (images, Dxdiag, etc) we may need.

You may also click the 'Close Ticket' button if find you no longer require support while awaiting our response.

SpazzyNate
12-03-2014, 09:36 PM
To begin, I experience the same stuttering and jittery issues as all of you who have posted on this post. It doesn't matter what graphic settings (low, medium, high, etc.), editing the gamerprofile.xml file, or whatever - the stuttering is [unfortunately] there to stay.

However, the single difference I notice in this game, is how freaking hard it pushes my graphics card, and in turn the temp goes way up. Using MSI afterburner, I can see the temps sit around 85c when running around, guns blazing. When I first load the game, it runs smooth. But once the temps get up to 77c or higher, the stuttering gets worse and worse. I set the fan to spin at 90% when the temps reach 80, and that helps to keep it down. Since doing that, my GPU temp can be kept down to around 71-72c when running the game, which should be acceptable. To test this theory, I ran the following games:

Batman: Arkham City
Tomb Raider
Shadow of Mordor
Bioshock Infinite

All games above are maxed out (or very near maxed out - I'm running a GTX660 1.5GB). The highest my GPU temp ever gets running any of those games is 65c (usually lower). Zero stuttering whatsoever. Once I launch Far Cry 4, holy crap! The temp shoots up 80c+ and unless the fan (on the GPU) is spinning at 90%+, the GPU just gets too hot. My PC never reboots or shuts down, it keeps running just fine, but the game gets incredibly jittery.

Anyone else noticed high temps when running the game? I'm not saying this whole stuttering situation is a temp issue, but it may be a contributing factor?

tiner_oz
12-03-2014, 09:44 PM
One of the Ubi Community Managers posted saying to contact Ubi Support so I submitted the issue. Below is what I submitted and then their reply. I did receive an automatic reply to my personal email stating the following "You should expect a response from us within the next few business days (Monday - Friday)."

Two of my friends and I purchased this game and we currently cannot play it. We all have killer rigs (my specs below) so there is no way this is a gear capability problem. I'm finding the issue widespread online as well.

Description: When moving around in any direction in the open game world (not the linear intro or small mission sections as much) every few seconds there is a huge stutter where the game skips several frames. It's bad when you're just running around and extremely worse when in a vehicle or flying around - It's unplayable!

I've tried several potential band-aid solutions like editing the XML GamerProfile config (changing DisableLoadingMip0 and GPUMaxBuffered Frames, etc). The only thing that lessens the problem is lowering the textures to Medium or below - this does NOT get rid of the issue and is NOT a fix...it's unacceptable and all my Friends and I refuse to play it like so. Furthermore, we have lowered all other settings one by one with no improvement. Tried running on both a single card and SLI setups (no AMD cards) which include, GTX980s in SLI, GTX780 and a GTX970. We've tried running it in windowed/borderless mode which doesn't solve it. VSync on/off in all situations which doesn't solve it.

Game Settings:

My Specs:
MSI Gaming 5 mobo
1000w PSU
i7 4790K
GTX980 SLI
8GB RAM
1200p monitor

UBI SUPPORT:

An email has been sent to confirm that we have received your question. In addition to the confirmation email, you should also receive a response to your question by email from Ubisoft Support within the next few business days (Monday - Friday).

If you need to update your question, click the 'My Question History' button above and click the corresponding reference number. From here you can update your ticket with any additional information or provide any attachments (images, Dxdiag, etc) we may need.

You may also click the 'Close Ticket' button if find you no longer require support while awaiting our response.

Exactly the same here. Running with a 970m gtx, just stuttering like hell with no sense.

Could you please update here whatever response you get from ubi?

Thanks.

The-Gurhm
12-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Exactly the same here. Running with a 970m gtx, just stuttering like hell with no sense.

Could you please update here whatever response you get from ubi?

Thanks.

Will do! :)

The-Gurhm
12-03-2014, 11:53 PM

Game Settings:

My Specs:
MSI Gaming 5 mobo
1000w PSU
i7 4790K
GTX980 SLI
8GB RAM
1200p monitor

UBI SUPPORT:

Hey Everybody, I heard back from Ubi support just now. Below is their reply...looks like they are working on a solution for the stuttering issue directly with Nvidia which will get implemented via patch from Ubi. They did not provide an ETA and they specifically called out SLI but both my friends who run a single GTX780 and single GTX970 have the issue also. If you are having this issue and only run a single card, be sure to contact Ubi support about this so they know it's not just an SLI issue!!!

Tyler @ Ubisoft Support Dec 03, 2014 at 05:28 PM EST
Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support. We are currently working with NVIDIA to solve issues that are occurring while playing Far Cry 4 with an SLI configuration. Our next patch for the PC version is aiming to solve this issue.

The-Gurhm
12-04-2014, 12:07 AM
I sent another request just to emphasize that it's not just SLI. Check it!

Hello,

Thank you Tyler @ Ubisoft Support!!! :) Really appreciate you confirming a patch fix is coming. My Buddies and I are stoked to play the new FC in COOP!!!

Regarding your reply I do have one additional comment and a question. Good to hear a fix will be coming for SLI users which includes myself but both my Friends run single card setups (a GTX780 and GTX970) and they both have the same issue. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that the problem is currently impacting single card users as well. We were LAN the other night and tried to coop FC4 but all of us had the same issue and tried all the fixes I mentioned in my previous reply without success.

Also, is there an ETA for the patch?

Thanks so much

fat_zac_attack
12-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Highly doubtful the patch will fix stuttering. They clearly aren't taking the problem seriously if they're blaming SLI. Their typical response to everyone has been to run windows as bare minimum as you can. They even told me to do a clean boot (which means literally nothing runs). Completely ridiculous :mad:

H0BBS-
12-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Disabling the Mip setting (DisableLoadingMip 0 to 1) in the gamerprofile.xml as Dark4ngel13 stated fixed 95% of the stuttering for me. Didn't notice much loss of quality either.
I can run full 'Ultra' settings now and even though FPS dips from time to time I'm not getting any stutter.

Also have GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1" setting changed from 0 to 1

Might be worth a shot to see if it helps with anyone else.

tiner_oz
12-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Disabling the Mip setting (DisableLoadingMip 0 to 1) in the gamerprofile.xml as Dark4ngel13 stated fixed 95% of the stuttering for me. Didn't notice much loss of quality either.
I can run full 'Ultra' settings now and even though FPS dips from time to time I'm not getting any stutter.

Also have GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1" setting changed from 0 to 1

Might be worth a shot to see if it helps with anyone else.

It barely helps here.

I must be the exception because that fix has almost no effect here.

The only real fix I've noticed is setting texture quality on medium.

Gtx 970m.

john19861111111
12-04-2014, 11:07 AM
This game runs like utter trash, On 1 2 or 3 290's
Is there an ETA or even a confimation that you guys are solving these issues with AMD?
Because im getting quite pissed, i bought watchdogs, thats never been fixed, AC unity, runs like arse, Blackflag, runs okish, But not good. Farcry 3 runs Okish after a lot of patching but still far from perfect.
Atleast it got crossfire support and worked kind of ok.
But there stil is hitching and stuttering.

kirksteruk
12-04-2014, 11:15 AM
To begin, I experience the same stuttering and jittery issues as all of you who have posted on this post. It doesn't matter what graphic settings (low, medium, high, etc.), editing the gamerprofile.xml file, or whatever - the stuttering is [unfortunately] there to stay.

However, the single difference I notice in this game, is how freaking hard it pushes my graphics card, and in turn the temp goes way up. Using MSI afterburner, I can see the temps sit around 85c when running around, guns blazing. When I first load the game, it runs smooth. But once the temps get up to 77c or higher, the stuttering gets worse and worse. I set the fan to spin at 90% when the temps reach 80, and that helps to keep it down. Since doing that, my GPU temp can be kept down to around 71-72c when running the game, which should be acceptable. To test this theory, I ran the following games:

Batman: Arkham City
Tomb Raider
Shadow of Mordor
Bioshock Infinite

All games above are maxed out (or very near maxed out - I'm running a GTX660 1.5GB). The highest my GPU temp ever gets running any of those games is 65c (usually lower). Zero stuttering whatsoever. Once I launch Far Cry 4, holy crap! The temp shoots up 80c+ and unless the fan (on the GPU) is spinning at 90%+, the GPU just gets too hot. My PC never reboots or shuts down, it keeps running just fine, but the game gets incredibly jittery.

Anyone else noticed high temps when running the game? I'm not saying this whole stuttering situation is a temp issue, but it may be a contributing factor?

Do you realize the high temps are because the video card is overworking, this is a cooling issue and you shouldn't point the blame at Ubisoft!

H0BBS-
12-04-2014, 03:24 PM
When I had the game set to over 60hz refresh rate both my 780 GTX's ran blazing hot, reaching near maxed out temps. OnceI turned it down to 60z, everything ran fine. I'm running 1440p, but I agree, this is the only game that has done that to my cards before. Not even ACU runs my cards that hot.

It barely helps here.

Gtx 970m.

Well, I am running SLI as well so maybe that makes a difference. The other thing I noticed when changing this setting was my VRAM went down by 1 gig (2.7 - 1.7).

Strajder69
12-04-2014, 04:33 PM
I have the same problem with fps, every minute or two i get fps drops (hiccups) from 60 to 40 fps for 1 or 2 seconds and then it goes back to 60. It's very annoying when playing game in longer times. All settings are maxed out, also all drivers are up to date.

My pc are more then enough to run this game with no problems (FX 8350 4.5 ghz, 8 gb ddr3 and geforce 970GTX) so is there any kind of fix for those hiccups except DisableLoadingMip because this "fix" make game look terrible ?

madproductions
12-04-2014, 06:46 PM

LoL, yeah everyone has been trying that but know body bothers to reply back!!
sent my email last Tuesday and still have no response.
they will take your money as fast as anything then ignore you and hope you vanish with a puff of smoke

thesongreborn
12-04-2014, 11:16 PM
It barely helps here.

Gtx 970m.

You are not the only exception, none of the suggestions including the mips have made any difference for me and I also can only play with medium textures to avoid stutter. My specs:

EVGA GTX780 SC 6GB VRAM
i7 4770 3.4
8GB DDR3
Samsung Evo SSD

H0BBS-
12-05-2014, 06:04 AM
It would seem changing the MIP setting is basically the same as setting your texture quality to Medium in game. So if that works for you it is basically going to yield the same results. The issue I guess is with the HQ textures loading.

kirksteruk
12-05-2014, 10:23 AM
How would you know that machine can run it at crazy fps if it's not before... FC4 is a pretty demanding game otherwise would be running like clockwork.

tiner_oz
12-07-2014, 12:11 PM
New 1.5 patch next week?

TheVulcan_AU
12-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Farcry 3 ran sweet.

Farcry 4 prologue ran sweet

Farcry 4

Its just not right.
I don't see any real pop in of textures.
But the frame rate feels like its all over the place.
Mouse also feels like its not right.
Don't know if they are interrelated.

Game just feels broken like I am not apart of it as its all out of sync or something.
Even when it looks like its running fine it still feels off.

I did notice once it was worse than normal.
And that was because I had utorrent running.
So that may have been slowing the loading of textures and causing the frame rate to drop.

I can't recall ever having this problem in a game before.
And I have had a slight headache come and go since i have been playing this.
I never get headaches, not saying its related, but a coincidence.

kirksteruk
12-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Farcry 3 ran sweet.

Farcry 4

Its just not right.

Game just feels broken like I am not apart of it as its all out of sync or something.

So that may have been slowing the loading of textures and causing the frame rate to drop.

To be fair if you're getting headaches there is something wrong but not with the game, I don't think any game should make you feel like that.

Dilly_Vesper
12-08-2014, 05:48 PM
I have found that limiting framerate to 30fps reduces the suttering remarkably even in ultra preset. Downside is the framerate of course but no suttering.

The-Gurhm
12-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Patch 1.5 has not fixed the stuttering!

I did some further testing as mentioned above by trying to cap my fps. Using MSI Afterburner I capped it out at 30, 40, 50 and 55 but this did not help. Regardless of what I cap it out at, I get the random stuttering and my fps dips between 1-5 frames. still unplayable!

I will say that patch 1.5 did reduced the stuttering a little so whatever UBI did helped some. It still needs further optimization before the game is playable though.

Game Settings:

My Specs:
MSI G5 mobo
1000w PSU
i7 4790K
GTX980 SLI
8GB RAM
1200p monitor

Nandiman
12-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I get the random stuttering and my fps dips between 1-5 frames. still unplayable!

dips between 1-5 frames unplayable? you must be joking. 1st world problems, hey :P

Dilly_Vesper
12-11-2014, 06:48 PM
1.5 patch did fix suttering for me.

RubyDriver
12-12-2014, 05:49 AM
The obvious explanation is that Ubisoft view PC titles as an afterthought. They devote the vast majority of their resources to console leaving whatever scraps are leftover to PC development. Ubisoft develop console games that are limited to 30fps and hastily port them to PC. It's no surprise that Ubisoft's PC titles are so poorly optimised when they are based on console games with such dismally low frame rates. Ubisoft have shown they can't be trusted to release working PC titles so the best option is to stop buying these games until they are fixed,

^ This

ktroopa2012
12-12-2014, 08:50 AM
can someone please clarify the triple buffering issue/bug? I have it set to on in NCP and also in game and so is this working or broken? Why do you need to ALT-ENTER twice as i have read?

Nandiman
12-12-2014, 10:44 PM
can someone please clarify the triple buffering issue/bug? I have it set to on in NCP and also in game and so is this working or broken? Why do you need to ALT-ENTER twice as i have read?
Tthe triple buffering in NCP only affects OpenGL games so it doesn't do anything for FC4. The in-game option sometimes doesn't "stick" and sometimes ALT-Enter causes it to stick. Also, I want to point out that I haven't actually tested the triple buffering since patch 1.3, it was broken then, so I just started using Adaptive Vsync from NCP and forgot all about the triple buffering setting. I will check it out though, maybe they fixed it since 1.3.

Update: Checked triple buffering, it works now. Dont know if it was 1.5 or 1.4 that fixed it, but it works.

kirksteruk
12-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Farcry 3 ran sweet.

Farcry 4

Its just not right.

OMG, there are fixes for this all over the places EVEN IF the stuttering is as bad as you say it is. How about just trying to enjoy the game instead of moaning about a fps dip of 10.

Monarch43
12-15-2014, 11:12 AM
dips between 1-5 frames unplayable? you must be joking. 1st world problems, hey :P

Actually the dips are far worse than 1-5 fps. It's just the counter that shows 1-5 fps lower. If you do a frametimes benchmark and create a chart, it is clear what is going on:

http://s29.postimg.org/grzrhgwcn/FC4_FPS.jpg

As you can see, framerate drops from around 80 to around 40, sometimes even even below 30 fps. Horrible performance. The game is broken.

kirksteruk
12-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Actually the dips are far worse than 1-5 fps. It's just the counter that shows 1-5 fps lower. If you do a frametimes benchmark and create a chart, it is clear what is going on:

http://s29.postimg.org/grzrhgwcn/FC4_FPS.jpg

As you can see, framerate drops from around 80 to around 40, sometimes even even below 30 fps. Horrible performance. The game is broken.

I like how you blame the devs and not your machine. I'd be happy with that performance and I do think it is humorous you coming here moaning about such small dips in more than playable frame rates! If you hate it that much try playing on XBONE or PS4 and you would go into even more of a hissy fit.

Monarch43
12-15-2014, 11:46 AM
I like how you blame the devs and not your machine. I'd be happy with that performance and I do think it is humorous you coming here moaning about such small dips in more than playable frame rates! If you hate it that much try playing on XBONE or PS4 and you would go into even more of a hissy fit.

That is actually not on my machine. It was posted on some tech forum.
Now, these 2 charts are from hardwarepal:

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Far-Cry-4-GTX970-Frametimes-1920x1080-Ultra-preset.jpg

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Far-Cry-4-R9-290-Frametimes-1920x1080-Ultra-preset.jpg

And this is with 980, posted by someone on this forum:

http://youtu.be/x6Ugfjdral8

It's the game. It happens on all machines. Your posts are hilarious. All you do is post in every single issue thread, denying the problems, and telling how great FC4 is. Good luck astroturfing, but I'm not buying any of that nonsense.

kirksteruk
12-15-2014, 12:41 PM
That is actually not on my machine. It was posted on some tech forum.
Now, these 2 charts are from hardwarepal:

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Far-Cry-4-GTX970-Frametimes-1920x1080-Ultra-preset.jpg

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Far-Cry-4-R9-290-Frametimes-1920x1080-Ultra-preset.jpg

And this is with 980, posted by someone on this forum:

http://youtu.be/x6Ugfjdral8

It's the game. It happens on all machines. Your posts are hilarious. All you do is post in every single issue thread, denying the problems, and telling how great FC4 is. Good luck astroturfing, but I'm not buying any of that nonsense.

What is hilarious is you admitted to using someone else's tech to post about the stuttering problem, not even your own! How can you say it happens on ALL machines? To use your own words - I'm not buying any of that nonsense.

Monarch43
12-15-2014, 01:33 PM
What is hilarious is you admitted to using someone else's tech to post about the stuttering problem, not even your own! How can you say it happens on ALL machines? To use your own words - I'm not buying any of that nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

This applies perfectly here.

kirksteruk
12-15-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't see how bashing others on the forum will help get your problem resolved. :cool:

Nandiman
12-15-2014, 02:01 PM
The problem is everyone who gives facts about the stuttering are running the game without vsync, which means they get frames in the 80s and drops to 40s. So 40fps drop sounds really bad. But if you enable vsync, you only drop 20 fps from 60 to 40. Oh look, 50% improvement. Obviously, this does not apply to people who have 120/144 Hz monitors, but even then they should try capping the game at 60 (Half refresh vsync). There is stuttering in the game but it's not nearly as bad as most people say it is.

Monarch43
12-15-2014, 02:30 PM
I don't see how bashing others on the forum will help get your problem resolved. :cool:

Not sure if astroturfer or a troll, either way, I'm done with you.

The problem is everyone who gives facts about the stuttering are running the game without vsync, which means they get frames in the 80s and drops to 40s. So 40fps drop sounds really bad. But if you enable vsync, you only drop 20 fps from 60 to 40. Oh look, 50% improvement. Obviously, this does not apply to people who have 120/144 Hz monitors, but even then they should try capping the game at 60 (Half refresh vsync). There is stuttering in the game but it's not nearly as bad as most people say it is.

The problem is that if most frames are rendered at a similar time, and then single frame takes significantly longer to render (frametime spikes) then you see it as stuttering. Framerate drops from 60 to 40/30 fps are still severe and very noticeable. That should not be happening, especially not on high-end hardware. The only way to get rid of it is if you limit your framerate at 30 fps. But then I might as well get a console. That is probably what they wanted anyway, to lower the gap between PC and consoles.

Nandiman
12-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Btw, Fraps Bench Viewer will always show framedrops on any computer with any game. It's just how it is. If you dont belive me, here it is, NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 (yeah, 5yo game on a GTX970... talk about overkill) just to make a point:

http://i.imgur.com/4QWfSdm.jpg

And the game runs at 60 fps ALL THE TIME. Not even a blink on the fps counter. Smooth as butter. But as you can see, I have framedrops all the way down to the 30s.

And here is my FC4 run. As you can see framedrops below 30 fps. Which looks really bad compared to the above graph.

http://i.imgur.com/KtG0ykY.jpg

But if you open the the other file that Fraps Bench Viewer makes, the one that shows the actual FPS and not the Frametimes, it never dropped below 50. (a quick chart in Excel based on the fps.csv file, not the frametime.csv file)

http://i.imgur.com/kNltLs1.jpg

The frametime graph that Fraps Bench Viewer makes can be missleading, it shows huge framedrops, but it's only 1% of the time. Mostly unnoticeable.

It's the stutter that you can feel that matter, not the ones that some graph shows you.

Are there stutters in the game? Yes there are, I have it too. Does it need to be fixed? Yes, Ubisoft, get crackin'. But is it as bad as some people say? I don't think so.

kirksteruk
12-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Agreed, from what I have seen it is perfectly playable, people need to stop jumping on the bandwagon requesting refunds for every small bug in what is a very complex game graphics-wise.

muequi
12-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Is there any news about an upcoming patch???? Because the game's stuttering make it unplayable.... it´s been about a month of the game's release and still, they didn't fix the problem...

The-Gurhm
12-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Is there any news about an upcoming patch???? Because the game's stuttering make it unplayable.... it´s been about a month of the game's release and still, they didn't fix the problem...

I'm waiting to hear back from Tyler with Ubi's service team on this. After patch 1.5 which did NOT fix the stuttering/hitching issue for me and both my Buddies, I sent a follow up with all the details and any additional band-aids we attempted to fix the problem. To date, he confirmed that the patch was intended to solve the stuttering/hitching problem but acknowledged that it clearly did not and that he would send the info up to their Dev team. Below is the history for reference. At this point, we just need to keep voicing the issue on the forum and ***if any of you have not done so, be sure to submit a service request for the issue!!!***

Communication History
The-Gurhm12/15/2014 8:13:03 PM
Hi Tyler,

Is there a plan yet to patch this issue again? It would be helpful to know when the game might be playable without the stuttering because right now is frustrating to wait without knowing if there will be an official follow up from Ubi.

I do appreciate your quick responses, it's been helpful. Just aggravated that I dropped $60 on the game a month ago and still can't play it...

Thanks mate!

-Russell
__________________________________________________ __________

Tyler12/10/2014 11:03:48 PM
This was intended to help the issue, and hopefully solve it. But it seems that it hasn't fixed it entirely. I will report this up to the development team.
__________________________________________________ __________

The-Gurhm12/10/2014 9:01:53 PM
Hello,

Patch 1.5 has slightly reduced the stuttering but it still occurs enough that the game is unplayable with textures set above medium. Whatever you guys did partially helped but there needs to be further work to make the game playable. Was patch 1.5 intended to solve the issue? Will you be releasing another PC patch to address this? If so, when?

Again, both my Friends and I are waiting to play this game but we all have the same issue with stuttering. I pasted my specs below again for reference. Also I have conducted further testing by attempting to cap my frame-rate using MSI Afterburner. Regardless of what I set the cap to (30, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60fps), each time the game stutters my FPS reduces between 1-5 frames. I still think this has something to do with the texture streaming code object culling. Please let me know what the plan is here, I really want to play this game!

Game Settings:

My Specs:
MSI G5 mobo
1000w PSU
i7 4790K
GTX980 SLI
8GB RAM
1200p monitor

kirksteruk
12-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Explain how "only" 60fps is "unplayable"?

NumberRn86
12-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Explain how "only" 60fps is "unplayable"?

Stop being an unbearable troll. Other people are experiencing stuttering. Even if you are not. Go park your nose up ubisofts ***, and stop wasting bandwidth here.

kirksteruk
12-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Stop being an unbearable troll. Other people are experiencing stuttering. Even if you are not. Go park your nose up ubisofts ***, and stop wasting bandwidth here.

Ironic how you accuse others of being trolls yet are the one throwing insults yourself.

And I'm still waiting for an answer to the question. :p

sergeischumin
12-20-2014, 02:44 AM
Ironic how you accuse others of being trolls yet are the one throwing insults yourself.

And I'm still waiting for an answer to the question. :p

Please stop doing that @kirksteruk . We are angry at UbiSoft. I don't know exactly the technical explanation, I have a new high end gamer PC and this game suffers stuttering before and after 1.5 patch. If you are playing the game at ultra and not suffering the stuttering issue enjoy it but stop trolling us like that.

UbiSoft please fix this assap

Monarch43
12-27-2014, 12:40 PM
@brutlern
Fraps isn't too accurate, but it does give you an idea on what's going on, especially when you compare it to something else.

Dunia is a horrible engine. They'd have to re-code some fundamentals in their engine to fix the stuttering. So unless they overhaul it, stuttering will never go away. Of course they aren't going to do that. It's good enough for consoles and PC is an afterthought.

NumberRn86
12-30-2014, 10:33 PM
@brutlern
Fraps isn't too accurate, but it does give you an idea on what's going on, especially when you compare it to something else.

Dunia is a horrible engine. They'd have to re-code some fundamentals in their engine to fix the stuttering. So unless they overhaul it, stuttering will never go away. Of course they aren't going to do that. It's good enough for consoles and PC is an afterthought.

You've gotta give them some dues. Excluding the stuttering, and lack of multi GPU support (though far cry 3 had it), the engine is actually pretty bloody impressive. Massive landscapes, that look great and run great, and importantly, is just fun to run around in.

Which makes it all the more frustrating that it's such a good package, and we're left with a few crippling bugs...