PDA

View Full Version : Help! Far Cry 4 Unplayable. Game triggers/events not working

LucidExistance
11-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I am having some serious trouble playing Far Cry 4. I can start the game and watch all of the intro segments, but for some reason, the event triggers are almost completely broken.

After the intro, I can move around the building, loot the chests and read the notes. I can open the door at the bottom, but only after I enter the skills/quests/etc menu and wait a few moments. After doing so, a quest objective appears, I hear the guy scream and I can interact with the door.

After walking into the interrogation room area, everyone is just standing around doing nothing. I can even see an object just floating in midair inside. I moved up to the next door and attempt to interact with it, but nothing happens; however, if I aim down and to the side of the door, it changes from press to interact to press to open, which does open the door.

In the next area, there is a line of 3-4 people staring across the path. Their weapons are just sitting on the floor. They don't do anything. I am able to continue further outside and through the gate (which I can walk through).

Another annoying thing was that my game never saved. I had to rewatch the entire intro scenes every time I tried to play. After scanning the files on Steam and eventually completely deleting and reinstalling the game, I am still having the same exact problem; however, I now have a Continue option.

This starts me right after opening the first door. This time the interrogation scene is playing and I am able to open the next door, which playing the escape scene. I attempt to run to the car (which isn't there) and about halfway there an explosion nearly kills me and soon after some bullets do kill me. After restarting the checkpoint, I am able to continue to the car as normal, but it doesn't move after getting in, and I can't get back out. I just sit there as enemies shoot at me.

Does anyone have a clue what might cause something like this. I am completely boggled.

Thanks!

UPDATE (SOLVED):

Well, I managed to find the problem on my end. It turns out the game does not like my PS3 controller driver that emulates a 360 controller. I had tried disconnecting my controller and trying the game, but it didn't help; however, the device was still shown in the game controllers so I disabled/removed the drivers for it and rebooted this time. The game is working fine now.

Jakallov3
11-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Ah! thanks so much for this, I thought I was the only one with the issue, why would Motioninjoy have anything to do with the game.... I don't know but oh well, thanks so much for the update :D

xMiiSTY
11-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Glad to hear you were able to troubleshoot this issue! Let us know if you experience any more issues.

Thank you.

a.wright1983
11-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Mine is exactly the same, but i have to ctrl+alt+Del and run task manager to window the game then start it again for it to work, but i dont have any ps3 emulation for my xbox pad running only the official microsoft drivers. Although i am running version 1.0.1 and cannot update but thats prob for a different post lol

rohullah123
11-20-2014, 09:57 PM
hello friends!
I have a problem while playing farcry4,After the intro, I can move around the building and loot the chests and read the papers. I can open the door at the down stairs, but only after opening the door this error message shows Far Cry 4 has stopped working. this is the screen shot of error.
plz help me...
https://doc-08-1o-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/g8s1h943t0p9ufcn1uu855cjuivogh6e/j955qs5q2ua57mqbrbd33g5nulashcmj/1416513600000/16946292592926498180/16946292592926498180/0B8elXKi99VGFVjBoekRiN2s5MmM?e=download&nonce=0ut2eus0c9ct6&user=16946292592926498180&hash=8dci09l8t7k27mjib09lrfdmmb8nitf8

silverframe
01-04-2015, 01:06 AM
Mine is exactly the same, but i have to ctrl+alt+Del and run task manager to window the game then start it again for it to work, but i dont have any ps3 emulation for my xbox pad running only the official microsoft drivers. Although i am running version 1.0.1 and cannot update but thats prob for a different post lol

I have The exact same issue and to clarify I need to tab out of the game and then back in in order for objectives, texts, tutorials etc to update.
Having a 360 controller with latest released drivers.

Did you find any solution ??

- chers

turns2silence
01-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Anyone with a normal 360 controller and updated drivers solve this issue yet? I'm having the same issue and I would really love to play the game with my controller and not have to delete drivers in order for it to run properly.