PDA

View Full Version : Far cry 4 crashing

drillbit-34
11-18-2014, 04:17 PM
For some reason when I try to start a new game the game loads about half way and then crashes and comes up with "Far cry 4 has stopped working". Does anybody know how to fix this or has anybody else experienced this?

My system info is below

CPU - i7 4910mq 4.1ghz
GPU - Nvidia GTX 860m 2gb
RAM - 32gb
Display - 120hz 1080p 17 inch display

drillbit-34
11-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Also I know they don't officially support laptop gpu's but there are videos of people running it on the same gpu as me with no problem

VengefulMelon
11-18-2014, 04:25 PM
I have the exact same problem running Nvidia 970 SLI, so not sure its a laptop graphics problem.

drillbit-34
11-18-2014, 04:33 PM
well hopefully they fix it soon, I was really looking forward to playing this on my week off :/ at least im not the only one with the problem though

thanks for the fast reply

p0rksw0rd
11-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I have this issue too... they said on twitter its a known issue and are working on it

drillbit-34
11-18-2014, 04:47 PM
I have this issue too... they said on twitter its a known issue and are working on it

Oh really?! That's good to know thanks for the update man!

kataga
11-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Same issue for me. Starting the campain (doesn't matter online / offline) ends up in a crash to desktop after half of loading bar...

Hammey_Katt
11-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Same issue for me. Starting the campain (doesn't matter online / offline) ends up in a crash to desktop after half of loading bar...

I got the same problem and i am running a gtx 980 and i7 4790k

UbiVolfbane
11-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey all, please try verifying the game files to see if it helps with loading. Also, try lowering in-game resolution/graphical settings. Run the client as admin and update all drivers after making sure the system requirements (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4277/minimum-requirements-for-far-cry-4/kA030000000eiluCAA) are met. However, if the system requirements are met and this still occurs, please try checking or disabling background programs or devices that are not in use. Please be sure to provide your dxdiag and msinfo to your local Support team (https://support.ubi.com/).

Hammey_Katt
11-18-2014, 10:16 PM
What motherboard do you have OP?

FantasticMrBongo
11-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Hey all, please try verifying the game files to see if it helps with loading. Also, try lowering in-game resolution/graphical settings. Run the client as admin and update all drivers after making sure the system requirements (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4277/minimum-requirements-for-far-cry-4/kA030000000eiluCAA) are met. However, if the system requirements are met and this still occurs, please try checking or disabling background programs or devices that are not in use. Please be sure to provide your dxdiag and msinfo to your local Support team (https://support.ubi.com/).
My game was working fine until the first zip line/glider bit when trying to get to the tower just after the cut scene. The game crashed even on lo graphics setting and so I verified files, installed new drivers and download a 14GB patch of some sort. However now the game wont even load a save or start a new campaign so it doesn't appeared to have helped. If this could be looked at further or if there is anything else I could try plz could you respond. Thanks.

BlingNicca
11-19-2014, 07:51 PM
I redownloaded the game and now it's working, haven't gotten into any problems yet.

BlingNicca
11-19-2014, 07:52 PM
I redownloaded the game and now is working, haven't gotten into any problems yet.

SenZjo
12-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Running this on a 4960x, dual gtx980, 16Gb DomPlatGT 2666 rampage black edition (all stock speeds)

Having the same problem... its a clean install of windows with all drivers updated to the latest WHQL..

Redownloading the, in total 32Gb i think it is, is a pain for me so thats out of the question.., crap internet ftw...

Any word on a fix?... this game did get some good reviews so i'm curious...

*** going back to duckduckgo to search on for a fix myself....***

PS: i need to update my sig.., i know..

Pandabrain
12-06-2014, 02:45 PM
You can try to find out more about the error: (Only helps sometimes, but worth a try)
Right after the game crashed, press WinKey+R and enter: Eventvwr.msc
This will start the windows event viewer. Expand "Windows Logs" on the left side and click on "Application".
A list of "Informations" "Errors" and or "Warnings" should appear. The most current error should be what we are looking for, click on it to view details about it at the bottom.
(Don't worry if you see several errors or warnings, that's completely normal even on a brand new system.)
It should look like this: (My error is not farcry related)
http://i.imgur.com/HR6RNwa.png

The "Faulting application path" and "Faulting module path" are what we are looking for.
The faulting application path is the crashed application, so it should be the path to your farcry4.exe (or whatever it's called)
and the faulting module path is the file that caused the crash.
They can be the same file/path, in that case it's most likely a game related problem.
If the faulting module is part of another program or driver, try updating or deleting it.

I could figure out that the software AIsuite was causing crashes when playing BF4 using this method. But as said, it doesn't always give you useful information.
If unsure, post the error details from the event viewer here.

GriffZ06
12-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Try disabling Hyperthreading in your Motherboard BIOS if it gives you the option to. This fixed crashing for me.