PDA

View Full Version : POSSIBLE Track Recording Bug in 1.1b- odd

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:04 PM
edit: possible bug, rather. I'm in no position to be calling things bugs this early on.

Scenario: I set up a quick mission dogfight between myself (Bf-109F4) and a Hurricane Field Mod. Map: Smolensk Summer, High noon, clear skies. After about 5 minutes of flying I shoot the Hurricane down (new FMs are pretty cool, btw). I saved the mission track, and when I went to watch it the first time, the Hurricane and my A/C are completely doing their own thing- the Hurricane turns opposite the way it did during the fight, does a few turns, then leaves the area. My plane fires at where the Hurri was originally, does a few chandelles, and then dives into the ground and explodes.

Odd.

I then played the track again, and something completely different happened. We did the first few turns together, and then our planes collided. Very odd. Anyhow, has anyone else run into this, or maybe someone else could watch my track/experiment on their own? I'd also like to know if this track is going to do something different every time on someone else's computer.
Please be gentle to my webspace, its bandwidth is limited, but it's all I got.

The track in question: http://texn4life.homestead.com/files/F4-Hurri.TRK

Please don't flame me, I have nothing but the best of intentions for Il-2 and the community. I just want this to be the best game it can be.

Message Edited on 08/12/0307:06PM by TexUSMC

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:04 PM
edit: possible bug, rather. I'm in no position to be calling things bugs this early on.

Scenario: I set up a quick mission dogfight between myself (Bf-109F4) and a Hurricane Field Mod. Map: Smolensk Summer, High noon, clear skies. After about 5 minutes of flying I shoot the Hurricane down (new FMs are pretty cool, btw). I saved the mission track, and when I went to watch it the first time, the Hurricane and my A/C are completely doing their own thing- the Hurricane turns opposite the way it did during the fight, does a few turns, then leaves the area. My plane fires at where the Hurri was originally, does a few chandelles, and then dives into the ground and explodes.

Odd.

I then played the track again, and something completely different happened. We did the first few turns together, and then our planes collided. Very odd. Anyhow, has anyone else run into this, or maybe someone else could watch my track/experiment on their own? I'd also like to know if this track is going to do something different every time on someone else's computer.
Please be gentle to my webspace, its bandwidth is limited, but it's all I got.

The track in question: http://texn4life.homestead.com/files/F4-Hurri.TRK

Please don't flame me, I have nothing but the best of intentions for Il-2 and the community. I just want this to be the best game it can be.

Message Edited on 08/12/0307:06PM by TexUSMC

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:08 PM
i heard IL2 and FB had some problems when people recorded the track while in accelerated time OR when playing the TRACK.

so questions are
1- did you use the acceleration time while recording the track ?

2- did you use the acceleration time while WATCHING the track ?

you have to answer BOTH questions, not only the 1st or 2nd.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Question 1: EDIT- see below

Question 2: Yes, I did accelerate time while watching the track. However, I have never had problems doing this- in fact, this is the first problem I've ever run into when recording or viewing tracks.

Message Edited on 08/12/0307:19PM by TexUSMC

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Hmm. There was problem with this in beta 8, but it was supposed to be fixed. To be fair, I recorded my first patched mission ( A campaign where we were ambushed by 110s) and everything recorded fine. It`s possible though that the longer it runs there`s more of a chance of a fault.
Like I said before I`m not assuming anything `til I`ve tested good and proper!

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Correction to question number 1: I did go to time compression for about 15 seconds during the fight, while I was closing with the Hurri. That's all. However, like before, I'd never had a problem doing that, and doubt that was the reason it messed up.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Had the same problem with 4 recordings in QMB. All done in normal time. Planes selected are correct and usually the first pass occurs as played.From then on nothing seems right e.g., wrong plane is shot down, plane fires at nothing or crashes in the ground when in real missionit dispatched its foe. Reminds me of how the training missions in the original IL2 behaved after the patch. Good news is the mission tracks record really quickly. Bad news is the mission isn't recognizable. I trust that this will be sorted out in due course. Sound and FM seem much better.