PDA

View Full Version : PC : Serious stuttering while moving through map (world streaming issue ?)

Heav3n_
11-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Hi,

I've read some threads on others web sites about that, but nothing here, so I feel I need to point out that issue.

For some players (like me) there is a serious streaming issue, It's noticable on foot and it is horrible in vehicules.
We are talking about some kind of freeze, (reminds me of Watch dogs issue). This is not a global performance issue, my rig manage a solid 50-60 FPS on max settings. Well when I'm not travelling.
My game files (steam) are on an ssd. Something feels wrong.

By the way, about loading issues, shadow clipping is horrible for a pc game, this value needs to be pushed for the ultra setting. It looks horrible when flying the gyro.

zynkin
11-18-2014, 05:01 PM
The term streaming has a meaning different from how you are using it.

What you seem to be talking about either AA breaking down or frame rate drops. Frame rate drops will always happen when your system has to render more content and moving quickly can easily create more things for the game to render per frame. If you have AMD graphics then there is your problem right there. If its Nvidia and and is a 700 series or 900 or titan and its driver is up to date then your issue is something beyond the basic limitations of your hardware. Obviously there are real bugs with Ubi games at launch but there are certain things you can try and do to help yourself like changing graphics settings until you find settings that work.

Necessary__Evil
11-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I've read some threads on others web sites about that, but nothing here, so I feel I need to point out that issue.

For some players (like me) there is a serious streaming issue, It's noticable on foot and it is horrible in vehicules.
We are talking about some kind of freeze, (reminds me of Watch dogs issue). This is not a global performance issue, my rig manage a solid 50-60 FPS on max settings. Well when I'm not travelling.
My game files (steam) are on an ssd. Something feels wrong.

By the way, about loading issues, shadow clipping is horrible for a pc game, this value needs to be pushed for the ultra setting. It looks horrible when flying the gyro.

Completely unplayable right now with this stuttering. Everything seems to run but the environment completely stutters especially when looking at vegetation etc. I've toned down graphics a lot and I still get it. Just another Ubi-mess.

Rallywrx
11-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Completely unplayable right now with this stuttering. Everything seems to run but the environment completely stutters especially when looking at vegetation etc. I've toned down graphics a lot and I still get it. Just another Ubi-mess.

Agreed, I have this on three machines and no matter how low you set anything it makes no difference. The stutter is there and very noticeable, as if they didn't use any anisotropic filtering either. Wheres my X16 Anisotropic. :(
I have even noticed some AA settings make a 1 pixel line on the edges of the monitor while looking at ground textures. The line is pink and if you have half ground texture and half wall texture on screen, you will have half a pink bar and half black or whatever color the other texture is.

I am losing the last bit of patience and faith in Ubisoft.

Not to mention the other issues like mouse acceleration, black screens, sound being low/missing on certain setups.. Down to game play stuff like not being able to commandeer npc drivers cars(they will sit and do endless U turns/ Run you over/run over minions... The npc drivers often just plow right into me to get around me. They really made driving AI stupid and instead put in "auto driving" for the player. Neat but dumb that i have to go to the game pad menu to shut it off even though the game has a button to auto drive.

Plenty of stuff holding this game back.. I like the characters and textures used on them are awesome but man once you hit the open world it just goes to the trash with the pop ins and stutters.

Here's hoping they care to fix it up.