PDA

View Full Version : Am I really the only one with this game breaking bug?.

Starboard_Steve
11-18-2014, 02:53 PM
(game is now un installed as I gave up) But my problem was literally the first door you have to go through. It had no prompt, and after restarting the game and having to watch that intro all over again, the door would sometimes open but the next room had NPC's not doing anything, along with floating objects and another door that wouldn't open . The furthest I got after multiple tries was outside and into a truck which the driver refused to drive.

My readme said I had V1.0, my .exe said it was version 0.1.0.1 and when in game it said bottom left it was 1.3.0.

After re installing a total of 3 times, and also verifying files once each for another total of 3. It has the same bug of the first door not opening, or it will but the next wont.

So....has anyone else had the first door after gaining control of your character not open?.

I will re install the game I guess in a week or two after they patch this Beta, I know others are playing it fine on PC. Congrats, but lucky for you this bug does not affect you.

My support ticket will be like my ones for Watchdogs etc...as in, I will see Christmas before a reply or fix from them.

Ubisoft=the next EA?.

LucidExistance
11-18-2014, 10:03 PM
You are having the exact same problem as I am! I just posted my issue HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954173-Help!-Far-Cry-4-Unplayable-Game-triggers-events-not-working). What are your computer specs? Maybe we can compare.

My computer specifications:
Windows 7
AMD FX-4100 Quad Core
XFX Radeon HD 6850

I'm also dumping some information from System Information (All Programs > Accessories > System Tools)

SYSTEM SUMMARY:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name USER-PC
System Manufacturer To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3612 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1604, 10/16/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name User-PC\User
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 836 MB
Total Virtual Memory 7.89 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.77 GB
Page File Space 3.95 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

DISPLAY

Name AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_31131682&REV_00\4&14E8F4CB&0&0010
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6739), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,at icfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a. cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version 14.301.1001.0
INF File oem39.inf (ati2mtag_NI section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1440 x 900 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xFEA20000-0xFEA3FFFF
I/O Port 0x0000E000-0x0000E0FF
IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967293
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

LucidExistance
11-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Well, I managed to find the problem on my end. It turns out the game does not like my PS3 controller driver that emulates a 360 controller. I had tried disconnecting my controller and trying the game, but it didn't help; however, the device was still shown in the game controllers so I disabled/removed the drivers for it and rebooted this time. The game is working fine now.

TrueNightshade
11-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Yeah...I think you PC guys have it easy...for PS3 its broken, because the Single Player won't work (online or offline) and this is after it downloads and installs update 1.01 so to be honest you guys are having an easier time with a game breaking issue.

blazermarc
11-19-2014, 04:35 AM
I am literately having the exact same problem as DONZ84, and further into the game I have to go back to checkpoints (like for the Truck driver to drive) or get killed to have the character scripts appear or play OK for a short time (this includes enemies and any character I need to interact with to move on) I have a Logitech Game Controller (which is nice to use in the game) but I'm going to try and disable some of the drivers as suggested by others.

EvilPixieGrrr
11-19-2014, 05:11 AM
Hey gang,

You can always open a ticket with Support about this so they can trouble shoot with you.

You'll find them here: https://support.ubi.com/en-us/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Awetopsy1
11-22-2014, 10:48 PM
I have the same problem. I cant get past the torture (?) scene at the bottome fo the stairs... if it manages to let me past the first door at the bottom of the stairs.
Cant save the game... have to watch the whole intro through each time... Ugh...

I do have a PS4 controller hooked up with DS4Tool, too... and I dont want to uninstall it because its a pain to reinstall.

BornoftheAesir
11-23-2014, 02:08 AM
You are not alone my friend.. :(
I just got the game today. Everything was running nicely until the basement with the torture scene happening. First time the door to the basement had no action prompt, second time I loaded, it prompted and opened with the guys just standing there doing nothing. I ignored it and looked around to find a door that had a action key but wouldn't open.. I'm getting a little irritated at this point. Third time I loaded, the torture guys are working so I listen/ watch and was able to use the door to exit the room, cutscene begins for the escape, so I run outside to get to the truck only there is no truck, I hear the honking but no truck, Im getting a little pissed atp.. Fourth time I loaded I run to the truck, happy that it was there, I get in and geuss what, the fricking driver does nothing.... Fifth time, I think, I was able to get in the truck and the driver drives away, gun battle chase ensues. Now I have the problem with being rammed off of a bridge and the screen going black and staying that way. This happens everytime I get to that point.:mad: I hear sounds like I am moving but no video.

For a quick system info view: Start/Run= dxdiag

My specs
Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 Ghz
NVIDIA GTX 760 4 GB RAM

I hope Ubi figures out this broken game soon.

SpinninPlates
11-23-2014, 06:18 AM
Well said Edolsian, I'm getting the exact same errors, along with the video stutters others have been mentioning.

Alt+Tabbing out and back in the game seems to force something to load, but when using a controller that's incredibly tedious.

So disappointed to experience these glitches that disallow me to progress. I was very excited for this game, and this release has sullied my opinion of Ubisoft for basically ever.

BornoftheAesir
11-23-2014, 04:14 PM
After reading some of the forum posts about usb problems, I decided to unplug the controller and headset, not disabling them, and restart the game.
And wouldn't you know, it worked just fine. I'm like Wtf !?!:confused:
At this point I'm confused, but happy that the game is working, and I feel my frustrations leaving.
So if you have a controller, unplug it and give it a go. I guess we have to play old school for now.
Hopefully Ubi will get a patch out that gives me back the use of my lonely controller.:p