PDA

View Full Version : No save games after about 30 Minutes of playing

dijan87
11-18-2014, 12:18 PM
The Save Game-System doesnīt work for me. When I "save" the game or even reached some checkpoints I always had to start at the same stage after closing and restart Far Cry 4. This is frustrating and makes Far Cry 4 not playable.

It is always the same: Last time I helped to save the tower (after nearly 30 Minutes and three of four Checkpoints) but after a restart I "continued" my Game again (6th try) at the point where the friend vom the first scenes was tortured and I had to escape.

Has anyone the same problems?

Starboard_Steve
11-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Lucky you, I can't even get past the first 30 seconds of gameplay as the basement door you are supposed to go through has no prompt. Plus the no saving issue, says "checkpoint" when Pagan Min leaves and I get control....then after quitting because of the door and trying again I have to watch that 10min long intro all over again. And Ubsicost support just straight up sucks with the usual pointless questions, that solve nothing.

dijan87
11-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Oh....so I say thanks Ubisoft for 30 Minutes of playing! ;-)

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 12:38 PM
You know what mate? I was about to post the exact same thing. Played last night just before the tower, come on it this morning, and BANG, I am at the torture scene!! ****ing bunch of bastards. You see, this is EXACTLY what happens when you don't have a 'quick save' feature. What a bunch of incompetent twats. Not to mention the performance issues!

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 12:42 PM
I guess you have to finish the whole mission first eh?! Yeah, so someone has to go to work, or go out, quits game, then has to replay the same **** over and over again?! ****ing ****s.

dijan87
11-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Itīs maybe worth for a try to complete the whole first mission. But...am I motivated for that? No save games = wasted life time...so...I hope they patch this quickly.

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Inexcusable, mate. Why should you be punished for coming off a game and having to replay the same crap over and over?! Might be a work around someone did, not tried it though! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urKEw5Qc4bM

dijan87
11-18-2014, 12:54 PM
And after all the probs with AC Unity it would have been more intelligent to delay the launch of the game instead of this ****ty launch of FC4....

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 01:03 PM
I've lost all motivation to redo it all. What's even more comical, is you can't even skip cutscenes. Like when that **** comes through the door to rescue you, you can't even skip past it. Total morons. So basically, checkpoints are only valid if you die within the game, come out of the game, you have to redo it all.

The-Blog
11-18-2014, 02:24 PM
The Save Game-System doesnīt work for me. When I "save" the game or even reached some checkpoints I always had to start at the same stage after closing and restart Far Cry 4. This is frustrating and makes Far Cry 4 not playable.

It is always the same: Last time I helped to save the tower (after nearly 30 Minutes and three of four Checkpoints) but after a restart I "continued" my Game again (6th try) at the point where the friend vom the first scenes was tortured and I had to escape.

Has anyone the same problems?

Yeah I had the problem too. Just finish the prolog mission and after that it works fine :)

Starboard_Steve
11-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Yeah I had the problem too. Just finish the prolog mission and after that it works fine :)

If only I could. The first door you are supposed to go through doesn't have a prompt for me. And after 3 installs and multiple verifying the file attempts, I have given up and uninstalled this beta. Watchdogs....Unity....now this. Ubisoft can go **** themselves if they think they getting any more money from me now, I'm done. Release your Beta **** to others. I'll be posting my video proof and further info for their shareholders to see.

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 02:43 PM
How do you 'verify' the files?

shadygiz
11-18-2014, 02:45 PM
this has been a main issue with assassins creed unity released last thursday, although i've not had any issues

multiple forum threads all saying save games corrupted or missing

ubisoft are currently advising people to turn off the cloud save function for this, so the game saves to your pc instead of cloud

also, going offline on uplay also helps with FPS & stuttering in game (similar to the origin in game issue with BF4)

going to benchmark this later, but i am getting 70fps on Assassins creed unity @ 1080p ultra setting 144hz - v sync off

My rig: -

I5-4670k @ stock
Corsair H110i water cooler
Gigabyte Z87x-UD3H m/b with latest F10b bios
MSI GTX970 4g/b OC Gaming GPU (running latest 344.65 driver)
16gb DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance RAM
Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

shadygiz
11-18-2014, 02:47 PM

on the uplay GUI, click the arrow at side of the play button for far cry, then select verify files

dijan87
11-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Ok, so it could work when I finish the prologue mission and make local instead of cloud saves? Iīll give it a try!

Walderstorn
11-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Always disable cloud saving and finish prologue, if u cant interact with the door fix your files and if you cant climb the rope put RMB back to default (melee).

Starboard_Steve
11-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Always disable cloud saving and finish prologue, if u cant interact with the door fix your files and if you cant climb the rope put RMB back to default (melee).

Te game was installed 3 times, and a verify files on each of those once. So, installed 3 times and verified files 3 times (once for each install) and I still had the missing door prompt at the start of the game. It's something else, just wish I knew what then I would re download....heh...making that FOUR downloads of 31GB.

Starboard_Steve
11-18-2014, 03:19 PM

Click on Far Cry 4, then next to the play button is an arrow. CLick that and it's in their along with uninstall (my personal fave right now).

Walderstorn
11-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Te game was installed 3 times, and a verify files on each of those once. So, installed 3 times and verified files 3 times (once for each install) and I still had the missing door prompt at the start of the game. It's something else, just wish I knew what then I would re download....heh...making that FOUR downloads of 31GB.

Really weid since it only seems to be happening to you wich makes it even more weird, wish i could help you mate are you using default key bindings? Cause changing keys is bugged, for example i couldnt climb rope before i changed it back to default (problem is mostly with RMB with ropes).

Starboard_Steve
11-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Really weid since it only seems to be happening to you wich makes it even more weird, wish i could help you mate are you using default key bindings? Cause changing keys is bugged, for example i couldnt climb rope before i changed it back to default (problem is mostly with RMB with ropes).

Was using the Xbox One controller on my PC. btw one thing I did like was it mapped the correct Xbox One select/start button images which was neat......shame the rest of the 30 seconds I got to play wasn't. And yeah I have asked around and I seem to be the only one with this bug, even after 3 installs!!...well...4 now as it is re downloading so I can see if it works at all in offline mode. I've downloaded 31.5GB 4 times now. SOmeone else said they downloaded 34.5GB???....so my download is missing 3GB of data then lol.

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Erm, I don't see a verify option? I only have view game details, mark as fave, hide and uninstall?! Lol.

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Never mind, I found it!

dijan87
11-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Okay, I also can confirm that it works: Playing offline, disable cloud save and finish the prologue solve the save games problems...but then...after I sat in the car...then here they come, the heavy performing issues. hell, they made it that good in far cry 2 & 3...but here, it is more like watch dogs...:(

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 04:16 PM
How do you disable Cloud saves, in game itself?

Dreddpool82
11-18-2014, 04:16 PM
I've been playing the last 5 hrs without a problem, maybe you need more room on ya HDD, or you need to
unplug you USB devices, seeing as that is the answer to all recent problems.

Gelbsy
11-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Do I untick 'enable cloud save synch'?

dijan87
11-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Yes, disable the cloud save function in the options of uplay. I

Ageless93
11-18-2014, 10:40 PM
SOmeone else said they downloaded 34.5GB???....so my download is missing 3GB of data then lol.
The two patches are 3014MB, thus the missing 3GB.

Ageless93
11-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Thus far I found that when you die and restart at the checkpoint, that you do not always restart at the checkpoint you last checkpointed at. E.g. the mission with rescuing the hostages, if you go in via the left and die, you end up being on the right. Which is very annoying. Especially since the game definitely said it checkpointed at the eagle point on the left. When you quit out of frustration and restart later, you just restart before you're given the mission. Sigh.

Kieransky
11-19-2014, 09:59 AM
I am experiencing this exact issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meq2CC3-Jsw
and I posted a thread about it here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954762-Game-softlocks-when-attempting-to-save-autosaving-doesn-t-work

Kieransky
11-19-2014, 10:08 AM
None of the fixes in this thread worked for me.