PDA

View Full Version : FC64.dll Corrupted

chilly167
11-18-2014, 11:29 AM
http://imgur.com/dgOUcWL

I have re installed twice, changed to default directory and updated?

wesley19991
11-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm having the same issue as you man. Tried to play it and said the file was corrupted and was possibly a virus or cracked and won't start.

I verified the installation files, which then said files were corrupted and then proceeded to download nearly 1 gig worth of data and install it. After that, the game starts now but freezes on the first load screen with the leaves falling in the black background, at the 75% mark.

Good job Ubisoft, broken installers and broken day 1 release games.

icepick1337
11-18-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm having the same issue as you man. Tried to play it and said the file was corrupted and was possibly a virus or cracked and won't start.

I verified the installation files, which then said files were corrupted and then proceeded to download nearly 1 gig worth of data and install it. After that, the game starts now but freezes on the first load screen with the leaves falling in the black background, at the 75% mark.

Good job Ubisoft, broken installers and broken day 1 release games.

Yep I have the same problem. When I first downloaded the game it was around 30.2GB Now if I delete the files and start from the start re-downloading it again I get 31.2GB.

If I verify the files I says there are corrupt files and needs to re-download 9GB. After downloading this is ask to re-downloads 9GB again.

I would really like to know who is suppose to pay for all of this wasted bandwidth?

I can start the game to the main menu. Then click start New game and then normal. It doesn't matter if I select online or off-line. Both crash the game on loading screen around 75% on the progress bar.

Below you can see my crash log.
Faulting application name: FarCry4.exe, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x54650928
Faulting module name: FC64.dll, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x546508eb
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000006034c
Faulting process id: 0x24cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0032ef578ef8d
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 4\bin\FarCry4.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 4\bin\FC64.dll
Report Id: 82b4ea50-6f22-11e4-a992-50e549405888

Ubi_Jax
11-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Moving thread to Technical Support Forum.

Please continue to provide as much information as possible.

If you're still encountering the issue, please ensure to create a support ticket HERE (http://support.ubi.com).

Please ensure that you provide a copy of your DxDiag and MsInfo, as this will help with the investigation.

Thanks.

icepick1337
11-18-2014, 02:56 PM

If you're still encountering the issue, please ensure to create a support ticket HERE (http://support.ubi.com).

Please ensure that you provide a copy of your DxDiag and MsInfo, as this will help with the investigation.

Thanks.

No what would be better is if you didn't launch a broken game.
I would also like to know when I get my pay check for helping you beta test this game??? I am dead serious as well. Ubisoft I will be sending my invoice for time wasted for me and my customers to get this game running, to UBISOFT P/L PO Box 1749 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012. I have easy wasted over 100 to 150GB of bandwidth trying to re-download this game.
Launching a broken game and then getting the people that paid for it to help test your product is just below human. And I do say your product because god forbid even though I paid good money for this game I do not own it.
Thank god I didn't pay the full price here in Australia of $75 for this waste of HDD space and bandwidth.
If this problem is not resolved in 24 hours UBISOFT P/L Australia will be reported to the ACCC for a faulty product.

chilly167
11-18-2014, 03:26 PM
I have no problem downloading a game, But for people whom are in Australia have download limits and when you have to re download a game 3-4 times due to poor game making, it becomes a more of a hassle then its worth. Do we get reimbursed wasted bandwidth?

LrnzOsrio
11-19-2014, 05:33 AM
Same here.
Got the Shadowlib64.dll saying its corrupted or my game is cracked.
Seriously I saved for about 2 weeks, fasting. Then ubi says its cracked?

Schwadrallas
11-19-2014, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=icepick1337;10352598

I can start the game to the main menu. Then click start New game and then normal. It doesn't matter if I select online or off-line. Both crash the game on loading screen around 75% on the progress bar.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. Win 8.1 User here, newest driver and patches are installed. I have verified my files since 2 days. Over 130gb downloaded.

Where can i find your Crash Log?

Phat_Monkey
11-19-2014, 12:30 PM
I can also confirm this error, I wanted to install FC4 on another drive so I uninstalled it, then downloaded, installed again, verified files, first of all uplay crashed, second time it wanted to download 4mb as files were corrupt, I then verified again it wanted to download over 4gig, I then started the game it crashed, I restarted PC, I then verified again and it wanted to download over 4gig again ! I have now cleared all memory / temp files and re downloading over 32gig again!!!!
Win 8.1 64bit
32 gig ram
2 x gtx Titan
i7 4770k @ 4.06ghz

Jp_MintyFox
11-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Any update to this? Was playing had a random crash and now I am prompted on launch of the game...

TheCrafter78
11-19-2014, 06:38 PM
I bought my game on instant-gaming.com, activated and downloaded it perfectly, and i cant start it ... :mad:

XelllzzReal
11-20-2014, 02:27 AM
The same issue with FC64.dll, but a little different message, it says not "file corrupted", but "FarCry4.exe - Bad Image" and in description that FC64.dll isn't for Windows or is corrupted.

deuce812
11-21-2014, 03:09 AM
Saw other people were having this issue.

I was able to play for the first day or so but last night I got the same error. A cursory google search showed other games where this "File corrupted!." error was occurring and it was due to either A. Malware or B. anti-virus software.

In my case I turned off windows defender and ran spybot + combofix. They found a few instances of malware and after they were removed I can now run the game again. I do not know whether it was turning off windows defender or if it was the malware. Regardless - a quick fix for those who don't want to wait to see if the patch fixes it...

All the best,

Deuce

chilly167
11-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Well apparantly there's an update later tonight(australian time) which fixes certain issues, also saw a thread which says to delete the fc64.dll and re verify and for some users it has worked, I will be trying soon.

deuce812
11-21-2014, 04:03 AM
Well apparantly there's an update later tonight(australian time) which fixes certain issues, also saw a thread which says to delete the fc64.dll and re verify and for some users it has worked, I will be trying soon.

Before I fixed it using the post above - I deleted fc64.dll then validating through steam. It was downloaded again and I still had the same error. I also had a friend who's copy worked send me his, still same issue - the file is most likely not corrupt.

chilly167
11-21-2014, 04:25 AM
Any update to this? Was playing had a random crash and now I am prompted on launch of the game...

Before I fixed it using the post above - I deleted fc64.dll then validating through steam. It was downloaded again and I still had the same error. I also had a friend who's copy worked send me his, still same issue - the file is most likely not corrupt.

Probably right ! How big is your far cry game directory ? Mines 58gb

XelllzzReal
11-21-2014, 06:07 AM
Well, I validate my game through Uplay and it aleays says that there are some corrupted files, it always begins downloading different amount of smth (I've no idea what exactly, because every time it's different - 13 gb, 9 gb, 2 gb), but in result the folder is always about 30-32 gb... wtf. I don't understant really what the fu** is that... then there are of course errors about "bad image", "unsupported 16 bit application" and corrupted files... WTF.

johnnyhskim
11-22-2014, 11:47 AM
I purchased a package and played till around 4% of game only. My monitor blacked out, there were only sounds. After resetting my computer, there is fc64 popup now. I asked this question already. I need your solution ASAP.

JectorDelan
11-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Did they patch today and push corrupted FC64.dll files out to some people? I played earlier and had no issues, now it's throwing this same error.

Game didn't work when I got it off Steam. Since fixing it the first time, they've broken it twice. The mind boggles.

ETA: Renaming the original (adding a ".z" on the end so the program wouldn't recognize it but still have it as a backup) and having Steam verify the files forced it to download the dll again. This fixed it for me though apparently it hasn't for others.

nodnarbyoung
12-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Thanks.
I am having the same issue as well as a FarCry4.exe application error (0xc0000142) its extremely frustrating. When will the problem be fixed, and if it can't how can i get a refund?

Game-Worlds
12-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Hello Guys

my problem : Stoped Working Far Cry 4

how to fix fc64.dll in Far Cry 4 Gold Edition
http://i59.tinypic.com/ab03uh.jpg

gold edition have pach ?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FarCry4.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.1
Application Timestamp: 543a861a
Fault Module Name: FC64.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.1.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 543a85d5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000013e0f8e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

my games is complete loading and When I click on new game ، Playing video games is complete but After completion of play videos This message will be displayed.

[Sory for bad english | I'm sorry for not learning English]

krazr335
12-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Saw other people were having this issue.

I was able to play for the first day or so but last night I got the same error. A cursory google search showed other games where this "File corrupted!." error was occurring and it was due to either A. Malware or B. anti-virus software.

In my case I turned off windows defender and ran spybot + combofix. They found a few instances of malware and after they were removed I can now run the game again. I do not know whether it was turning off windows defender or if it was the malware. Regardless - a quick fix for those who don't want to wait to see if the patch fixes it...

All the best,

Deuce

Hey guys I was able to play this game on launch day as I bought it through Uplay.... had no problems and then out of nowhere for no reason to my knowledge I started getting this error... I did a lot of searching and 99% of the "fixes" out there are people telling people that they hacked the game or have a crack or some stupid crap like that. I don't think Ubisoft knows that this is a legitimate problem as well. I literally have not been able to play this game since the first week of it's release because of this fc64.dll problem. I came here and read this post and pretty much ignored it thinking how stupid is that...this guy removed some kind of malware with Spybot (I use HitManPro & Malwarebytes) and disabled his firewall and got it to work...

So at my wit's end to get this game to work (so far Assassin's Creed Unity and The Crew have no issues as far as just opening up the game) I decided eff it... I'll try this myself. I disabled Windows Firewall. I got the Spybot S&D program v1.62 (free) and ran it. The only thing that came up when I ran the scan in Windows (using 8.1 OS) was JDownloader. I'm thinking okay this is a joke... That's a legitimate program to my knowledge and while I almost never use it I did get it on purpose. Spybot couldn't remove it without a restart though so since I never use it anyway I went ahead and restarted my Windows and let it run the scan before everything else loaded in...

When the scan (TOOK FOREVER) finally finished, I went in and opened Far Cry 4 from the Uplay launcher and holy effing sh*t it worked????????? So then I'm thinking okay... Almost everyone has Windows Defender/Firewall enabled by default unless they're paying for some Antivirus/Firewall suite of programs... I'll just re-enable it and see what happens. It WORKED STILL after enabling the Firewall back even after a restart to make sure my computer wasn't playing some sick joke on me...

I don't know if JDownloader is the problem... I don't know if when it ran the windows scanner after a reboot before everything else loaded and it found something else to remove... I just know that after I did this. It WORKED. I can actually open up Far Cry 4 as of right now (I'm sure this won't last) and play this d*mn game FINALLY!

I hope you guys don't discount the previous post from deuce812 or this one because for whatever reason (and I'm not guaranteeing it will work for you) this sh*t actually worked for me when it makes absolutely no sense. Thank you deuce812 for your post on your own fix. I'm glad I tried it!!!

Nevermind........ I restarted a few more times and it's doing the same SH*T again!! I have no clue guys. I was all excited when it opened... Now I have not a clue why this game will not f*cking run! Ubisoft needs to figure this crap out. I'm malware/spyware/virus free and this P.O.S. game won't start. Can I just get my money back??

HalloweenWeed
12-26-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm having this same prob. Bought DVD, installed (OK), Registered in Uplay (and the DLC kit), downloaded patch OK, then:
---------------------------
FC64.dll
File corrupted!. This program has been manipulated and maybe
it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore.
OK

FarCry4.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
OK

Tried exception (directory) to Norton Sonar, no joy.

HalloweenWeed
12-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Still have this problem, as ppl said above and in other threads, support said to delete fc64.dll and verify. Did so, downloaded 34MB, but still same prob. Got this game for Xmas, and still can't play it. :(
Not surprised though, this is typical Ubisoft game problems. They haven't changed in 5 years, still terrible customer support and buggy games for up to a year after launch.

samphotoUBI
12-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Deleting the FC64.dll file and verifying fixed my issue.

robert_muir
01-06-2015, 08:13 PM
http://imgur.com/dgOUcWL

I have re installed twice, changed to default directory and updated?

hay guys ive been having the same problem but on a much larger scale when i downloaded the game half the files i reinstalled it twice but nothing so i turned to coding i have recoded half the files in my game so far but i have never seen a more messed up file than the FC64.DLL i mean who the **** did they hire to code this game i am sorry but even i cant fix it i havescaned the internet to find if anyother coders had found a way to fix it but came up with no help come on ub**** get youre **** to getter if any employes could fix this i will enclose a image of the only corupt file left after 2 days of coding i give up i cant fix it hopfuly ubisoft can but no coder can its to ****ed up take my word for it oh and ubisoft fix this file too EXT-MS-WIN-NTUSER-UICONTEXT-EXT-L1-1-0.DLL

nkd2883
01-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Problem solved for me. It had to
Do with how many active CPU cores were available to
The system. If you have more than 8 or
Possibly 16 (with hyper threading) cores available it won't launch.

Here is a copy of the resolution to the problem
I sent to Ubisoft

"The problem had to do with the number of Active CPU cores in this system. I am playing the game on a workstation with dual Xeon E5-2687W CPUs. Each Xeon E5-2687W has 8 active cores, and with hyperthreading this means the operating system has 32 possible CPU cores to work with. I suspected that the way the game had been threading was causing some contention with the Windows task and thread scheduler and underlying microcode.

By shutting down all but 2 Cores in each CPU that leaves 4 physical cpu cores and 4 virtual ones (because of hyperthreading) and then the game worked.

I really recommend you work on patching the underlying microcode in the DUNIA engine that runs FarCry4 to play better with Windows machines that have HIGH numbers of cores."

HalloweenWeed
02-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling solved my problem. This time immediately after installing from DVD, I:
1. Started Uplay.
2. Far Cry 4 was already registered and shown on the games menu, so I switched into offline mode.
3. Started Far Cry 4 and played to a checkpoint save, then exited the game.
4. Switched Uplay to online mode.
5. Pressed "play" and let it download the patches.
6. Started Far Cry 4, and it seems to work fine (2/5/15).

I don't know if this exact routine had any effect on the outcome, but there it is for those who need to try FYI. I did this just before the 1.8 patch (which was pushed 2/3 or 2/4).

I did a (binary) file comparison, to the saved directory from the previous bugged install, and found these files to be different:
bin\IGE.WPF.Core64.dll
bin\NvGsa.x64.dll
data_win32\worlds\common.fat

There were other files that were different, but they were "license" files and readme text (and a foreign language file) so they had no effect on the game's stability.
And so obviously fc64.dll was not bugged, as it is the same in the working version.
Obviously the "verify" function in Uplay was not catching any of the above corrupt files (in my previous install).

I have 6 CPU cores, 12 threads BTW.

ETSubmariner
04-08-2015, 05:39 AM
Been having this problem apparently. Black screens, long-arse menu loading times, etc. My game starts great. After a short while though, black screen where sometimes I can tab out and end task, and others where my system seizes. Support has had me delete and verify FC64.dll twice. Same result. Play a little, crash every time. I have 8 cores. I didn't have troubles too much prior to entering North Kyrat, but after that! Menu/trading/maps loading can take a minute before the game responds. Black screens all over the place. Before North Kyrat, I rarely crashed. I even did a binge run for five hours without a problem.

WID992007
04-09-2015, 02:04 AM
make sure when you do a file verification you are running the u play client as well as Steam if you have the steam version as run as Administrator for best results

you should also launch the game as run as Administrator for best results

and try to make sure you have closed any and all background applications

the game has issues with
MSI Afterburner
Rivatuner

see this thread on possible fix for Afterburner /Rivatuner

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1012250-Afterburner-Farcry-4-Crash!?

EVGA precision also can cause issues..dunno of any fix for that yet .. try the EVGA forums

Araflo_4D
09-15-2016, 05:38 PM
i wanted to play the game and this message was shown: FC64.dll File corrupted!. This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore. Then I click OK and another message appears: FarCry4.exe - application error the application failed to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to close the application. And that's it. I don't want to reinstall the game because I read this doesn't work.

Araflo_4D
09-15-2016, 05:42 PM
I bought my game on instant-gaming.com, activated and downloaded it perfectly, and i cant start it ... :mad: at first everything was perfect and then, from one second to another, file corrupted!

WID992007
09-16-2016, 02:01 AM
verify your game files yet ?...

To verify your files if you bought the game thru Steam ..\EXIT Steam ..right click your steam icon ..select run as Administrator

to launch Steam

then go to your Steam games library

right clik on far cry 4

select properties

select local files

select verify Integrity of game cache

it takes a few min to do but its faster the redownloading your entire game , if its only a few files that were corrupt or installed incorrectly .... this in many cases will fix your problems

If you have the U play only Version of the game you can also verify your game files with U play

if you have the game via u play only here are instructions how to verify your game files thru their client
Again its probably best to make sure you launch Uplay as RUN as Administrator when you do a file verify

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/how-do-i-install--uninstall--verify-a-game-in-uplay/kA030000000ee85CAA
see the bottom of the page