PDA

View Full Version : Runs like crap on superlow with decent computer.

soarenb
11-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Hello.

I have a 8 core 3 ghz processor, 16 GB ram, SSD and a nvidia 740m 1gb card.

This game is unplayable at lowest settings.

This computer ate Far Cry 3 alive at full settings, it runs skyrim full blast as well, so I don't know what is going on here.

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, so I don't expect to run it at max... But everything is turned OFF and I literally cannot shoot anything from the video lag... Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to get worse when I crank up the settings to high with medium shadows and no AO. Absolutely game breaking... Wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Mcspanky37
11-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Your videocard is crap dude, what do you expect?

soarenb
11-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Don't give me that crap.

Skyrim. Full settings. And every concievable graphics mod, ENB, high res texture pack etc etc etc. Far Cry 4. Stuttering on super low.

Eat it.

Actual answers please.

Grizzly_Dulani
11-18-2014, 11:53 AM
740M is not that bad of a card... for a mobile GPU. That being said, you should expect at least 30 FPS on medium settings with no AA. If you're having issues with "stuttering" it might be a drive issue? I would wait a couple weeks until patch fixes are released.

soarenb
11-18-2014, 01:35 PM
That is what I am thinking...

Really sucks, because I don't want to play the game in this condition, it will kind of ruin it for me.

And yeah I was thinking the same thing... Should be able to rock medium anways... I wasn't expecting to play on full lololololol.

Plus, I just bought this a year ago. I was going to have a heart attack if this 1100 dollar machine was already THAT OLD... LOL.

I can play any other game ever just fine... Mass Effect 3 full settings etc etc etc....

Walderstorn
11-18-2014, 03:18 PM
You can pretend otherwise but a 740m is still a crappy card., you can blame the game, but you wont play this game, ACU, SHadow of mordor or more graphical intensive games and next year it will only get worse, just a heads up.

Also just to give u a rough idea here is the link for some games (scroll down):

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-740M.89900.0.html

Mcspanky37
11-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Don't give me that crap.

Skyrim. Full settings. And every concievable graphics mod, ENB, high res texture pack etc etc etc. Far Cry 4. Stuttering on super low.

Eat it.

Actual answers please.

Did you go into a time machine or something? Skyrim is a 3 year old game, and was never graphically pushing the envelope in any way. Just because you can play 3 year old ugly games doesn't mean you can play new beautiful games, especially when your videocard is absolute crap

AdMassive
11-18-2014, 04:52 PM
At least you don't have an AMD card, game runs like a one legged dog for me.

BamGfAsRpd
11-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Your card is old, so is Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim. You shouldn't have bought a laptop if you wanted to be a "gamer"

The card is crap, you won't be running this game on anything higher than minimal and good luck getting over 30fps.
Sorry mate, had to be said.

Dicehunter
11-18-2014, 09:54 PM
By the way you don't have an 8 core CPU, You have a 4 core CPU with Hyperthreading which gives an additional 4 virtual cores, Just a FYI :)

And it's not just you dude FC4 is performing terribly on my system, I get insane amounts of stuttering, It's weird because it's only on FC3 and now FC4 :(