PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Far Cry?

worldcitizen9
11-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Where do I begin. Lag. Stuttering. I keep switching between keyboard and 360 controller. I'm having a lot of control issues and am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to smoothly play this game. I've played and loved all previous FC games but I just can't get into this. No ammo us a huge problem. I figured out F on the keyboard for the machete but what is it for the 360? How do you position yourself for the terrible grapple hook? Sometimes the symbol shows up and other times I have to move and move to try and find it and that's no good on timed missions.

I hate the frustrating grapple and I hate the controls and I hate not having ammo. The controls are an enormous pain in the rear. I just can't get used to the controls. There's just too many options hidden away and I can't find them when I need them. It's not good playing with the keyboard but using a gamepad for sprinting is terrible.

i want so much to enjoy this. The preload didn't work. Then I got no sound. I've played now for about 4 hours and can't settle on the controls. Grappling is too precise. It you're an inch off you can't get the symbol. If dogs are chasing you bad luck. It just plays like a confusing mess. I'll keep trying but so far no WOW moments at all but plenty of frustration. Far cry this is not. Nowhere near the gameplay standard that won acclaim for the series. Nice graphics but I'm struggling badly to give this a 5/10

Oz_Bastoid
11-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Man, this Far Cry 4 has been disappointing so far. Not only cant I up the first rope to get to the tower, the game also give me GAMEPAD hints when I'm on a PC - that is just fricken useless.

Please UBI, fix these base issues. 34.5 GB and waiting 6 months for this. Man Farcry 3 was spectacular, this so far is very disappointing, and I haven't even listed all the stuttering at the start of the game during the opening car chase. Come on guys!

ProFirefighter
11-18-2014, 12:38 PM
^What those two guys said.

Can't move up rope, Down Arrow doesn't work when bound to Backwards. Game is pretty near unplayable in this condition.

Isn't the ability to set Key Bindings pretty much the FIRST thing that gets set up/checked?

XLISTXX
11-18-2014, 12:39 PM
I've not had any of these problems at all, game runs super smooth, grappling is so easy and I'm really happy with the game. Also you CAN edit key bindings.

ProFirefighter
11-18-2014, 12:49 PM
I've not had any of these problems at all, game runs super smooth, grappling is so easy and I'm really happy with the game. Also you CAN edit key bindings.

When I edit some key bindings, they stop working! (when I change "Move Backwards" from default "S"to "Down Arrow", it no longer works)

Grizzly_Dulani
11-18-2014, 01:07 PM
No problems here. Lag and stuttering is non-existent and grappling is easy.

Walderstorn
11-18-2014, 03:24 PM
No lag or stutterig everything maxed out but - msaax4, the rest is as high as possible, only problem is really the key bindings.

Starboard_Steve
11-18-2014, 03:45 PM
34.5 GB and waiting 6 months for this.!

Mine was 31.5GB??...I guess that's why I couldn't get past the first door then. 3GB of missing files, nice download Ubi.