PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 4 Mouse mouse acceleration game is horrible to play

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 01:38 AM
November 17th , somewhen between 11 and 12 pm .

Since ive spend a lot of hours in far cry 3 and it became my favorite singleplayer game of all time i was very very exited about far cry 4 .
I was counting minutes till it got 12 pm and then boom , day one patch dlīd and i was ready to go .
So ive took a first look on all it , setted up my controls , graphics etc and started the game .
Right after the Intro when you are in pagans place i started , or at least i wanted to start exploring pagans home . But something was terribly wrong .

The Mouse controll felt like nothing i have felt before . At first i even was unsure what exactly it was , was it the game , was it my mouserate , was my framerate to low ? I switched back to the menu , double checked if i had mouse accel disabled and guess what i had it disabled of course . I was asking myself if this was meant to be serious from ubi . Seriously Ubisoft i dont want to sound arrogant but next time better invite some propper gamers like me test playing your game instead of low skilled casual gamers like gronkh and sarazar because of their subscribers . If you let me sit down and test the game for 5 minutes i could immediately let you know that there is something terribly wrong with the controls and this needs to be fixed before release .
I literally never felt anything like this before . Well i thougth myself this must be something i can fix with config tweeks . You all know the commands wich are spooking around but you all also know that noone of them realy removes the mouse acceleration .
At that point , as much as i loved far cry 3 my exitement was completly gone for far cry 4 and it was near 1am when i stopped the game after 10 minutes of gameplay and 50 minutes of trying to fix the mouse problem . Ive spoken to more then 10 of my gaming buddies and everyone said they stopped the game early too because of unmanageable mouse acceleration .
At that point i was reliefed that it wasent me only but at the same time i was very sad . To be honest Far Cry 4 release was the early christmas for me and i was so exited for that game after all the great hours far cry 3 gave me , but i realy cant play like it is now .

Ubisoft , i beg you guys , fix this problem . I want to enjoy the good game you made with far cry 4 ! As much as i enjoyed Far Cry 3 i want to enjoy Far Cry 4 . Do it for all the pc gamers out there who bougth your game and proof that you care about your pc gaming fans .

If you feel the same about that issue , please make +1 post and shortly post how you feel about it .

At last , dont even try telling me that MouseAcceleration="0.0" ; MouseAccelerationOn="0" ; UseMouseSmooth="0" ; Smoothness="0" ; Smoothness_Ironsight="0" will fix it , or i kill you ! :)

Take care guys

SofMaz
11-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I hope Ubi are actually looking at their forums .

The mouse acceleration EVEN if its disabled is horrible and at least for me it makes the game barley playable but for 100 % not enyoable .
If you move the mouse smooth its super slow and you cant get your mouse to enemys at all and as soon as you start to move it faster you over aim .

Seriously Ubisoft this needs to be fixed asap !

I have the same Problem. And with the Xbox Gamepad it works beautifully soft. That's what makes me so angry. How can they ignore the PC Port so much, that even the control of a Shooter became on the PC worser than on games console. Ubisoft that's outrageous.

SofMaz
11-18-2014, 02:19 AM
no one else with the same problem and or a solution?

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 02:23 AM
I have ten other buddys who reporting the same problem ...... i think everyone has it just not everyone reconizes it . As i said ..... it makes the game barely playable for me but like it is now it is realy no fun at all .

The-Blog
11-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Basicly everybody has this but besides using a cotroller there is no real fix sadly. I hope the next Game and NVIDIA update today or tomorrow will fix this. It makes the game completly unplayable with Mouse and Keyboard.

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 03:37 AM
Basicly everybody has this but besides using a cotroller there is no real fix sadly. I hope the next Game and NVIDIA update today or tomorrow will fix this. It makes the game completly unplayable with Mouse and Keyboard.

Forgett it . Nvidia drivers wont fix that . I tell you what it is . It is simple mouse acceleration , nothing else . Ubisoft just missed that when you turn mouse acceleration off , it is actually off . I would call my self a pretty good aimer at first person shooters overall but like it is in far cry 4 now i look like the bigges ****noob interms of aiming , it just doesent work out . I realy hope ubisoft will fix this , otherwhise i dont even play the game anymore since its a horrible gaming expierence and realy makes no fun at all . Far Cry 4 is just another perfect example what consoles made out of PC Gaming ........

agentmelon
11-18-2014, 03:50 AM
I had the same problem and managed to fix it. Turning off Mouse acceleration in the game does not work. You have to do it in the game files.

Go to "My Documents > My games > Far Cry 4 > and find gameprofile.xml" Open the file in notepad

Do a search for these two values

MouseAcceleration
MouseAccelerationOn

BOTH of these values should be "0", it seems turning off Mouse Acceleration in the game only affects the value "MouseAccelerationOn" and not "MouseAcceleration"

Once you set these values to 0 load up the game and it should be fine, I've noticed the acceleration has completely gone from my game when I did this.

The-Blog
11-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Forgett it . Nvidia drivers wont fix that . I tell you what it is . It is simple mouse acceleration , nothing else . Ubisoft just missed that when you turn mouse acceleration off , it is actually off . I would call my self a pretty good aimer at first person shooters overall but like it is in far cry 4 now i look like the bigges ****noob interms of aiming , it just doesent work out . I realy hope ubisoft will fix this , otherwhise i dont even play the game anymore since its a horrible gaming expierence and realy makes no fun at all . Far Cry 4 is just another perfect example what consoles made out of PC Gaming ........

Yeah I think you are right. I was wondering since mouse acceleration seems to be turned off by default but this would explain this extreme weird stuttering mouse behaviour :/
I have another problem. The game is in fact NOT SAVING for me. I always get resetet to the part right after you get control in the torture chamber before the meet the first rebel leader. The guy that saves you at the beginning. Everything after that is NOT getting saved :(

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 05:08 AM
I had the same problem and managed to fix it. Turning off Mouse acceleration in the game does not work. You have to do it in the game files.

Go to "My Documents > My games > Far Cry 4 > and find gameprofile.xml" Open the file in notepad

MouseAcceleration
MouseAccelerationOn

BOTH of these values should be "0", it seems turning off Mouse Acceleration in the game only affects the value "MouseAccelerationOn" and not "MouseAcceleration"

Once you set these values to 0 load up the game and it should be fine, I've noticed the acceleration has completely gone from my game when I did this.

Ive done this already be4 you posted it since i know the config of the game since its almost the same as in far cry 3 but it dident worked out for me .

zarathustra2k1
11-18-2014, 06:03 AM
I turned acceleration off - works fine for me (Win7Sp1 i7 6870HD)

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 06:33 AM
It doesent works . If you say so you simply got no feel for propper mouse movement .

linknight2
11-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one with these weird mouse issues. I'm seeing mouse acceleration/ inconsistent mouse movement with microstuttering. I tried changing the value to "0" in the file and that didn't work, I even tried lowering my graphics and that made no difference. Come on Ubisoft, this is not very forgivable.

Volf2010
11-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Yup, I went into the config file and changed everything and still get weird *** mouse movements where sometimes moving up and down is like beyond slow. Game is unplayable with mouse and keyboard right now and I would recommend not buying it until they fix these issues.

Xazur
11-18-2014, 08:07 AM
My hip fire sensitivity is way different than when ADSing. I pretty much have to swing my mouse while ADSing to even move a inch. Also it seems like when I move my mouse normally sometimes there is a delay in game tracking or something.

ShmoeSOLID
11-18-2014, 08:48 AM
I've tried all different kinda things. Nothing seems to fix the mouse accel for me so far. If I get anything I'll post here and make a new thread.

Monarch43
11-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Well that's a deal breaker for me. Thanks for reporting it. It's such a shame. Seems like a nice game but if the controls are broken then no thanks.

ShmoeSOLID
11-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Well that's a deal breaker for me. Thanks for reporting it. It's such a shame. Seems like a nice game but if the controls are broken then no thanks.

Good choice. Controls are broken for me too. Hopefully they patch it as they fix these issues and don't pull a Watch Dogs and wait 6 months.

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 10:12 AM

Thats the absoloutely right decision mate ! Trust me , the game doesent make fun unless that mouse acceleration is fixed . Dont get me wrong the beginning i played made fun and it looked all good but the mouse acceleration destroys the game literaly .

ShmoeSOLID
11-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Do you have a Logitech mouse?

Mcspanky37
11-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Do you have a Logitech mouse?
I have a logitech g5, I don't notice much if any mouse acceleration here, I'm pretty picky about it too

unexpectedkass
11-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Same here:

Windows 8.1 64bit, Razer DeathAdder 2013, bought and downladed the game today 18/11/2014. Its unplayable thanks to the mouse accel.

Please Ubi, allowing raw mouse input has to be the easiest thing in the world.

phila-delphia
11-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Hi!

I experience mouse lag/stutter to no matter if I use USB or wired mouse.

Editing the "GamerProfile.xml" does not work for me.

Neither does the reduction of the polling rate.

Please UBI fix this soon! As the game itself looks amazing.

Best regards

phila

JuananGN
11-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Enter keyboard and mouse options and not only disable mouse acceleration, also move the mouse acceleration slider to minimum, it worked for me :cool:

ProFirefighter
11-18-2014, 12:28 PM

My problems are with key bindings.

I changed "Move Backward" from default "S" to "Down Arrow", can no longer move backwards ...

Tuc0Ramirez
11-18-2014, 12:38 PM
This and the mouse movement is aweful - a game breaker.

Tuc0Ramirez
11-18-2014, 12:39 PM
My problems are with key bindings.

I changed "Move Backward" from default "S" to "Down Arrow", can no longer move backwards ...
This, and the mouse movement is aweful - a game breaker.

ProFirefighter
11-18-2014, 12:43 PM
This, and the mouse movement is aweful - a game breaker.

Yes sir, it is!

I am at a loss as to how something that seems so basic ("key binding") was missed by quality control before the game was released. Seriously ...

Tuc0Ramirez
11-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes sir, it is!

I am at a loss as to how something that seems so basic ("key binding") was missed by quality control before the game was released. Seriously ...
Totally 100% agree. The gaming industry these days is appaling for releasing games on Day 1. BF3 and 4 were a joke and now Assasins Creed and this. Do they actually test any games properly nowadays? How can such basic errors be missed??

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Totally 100% agree. The gaming industry these days is appaling for releasing games on Day 1. BF3 and 4 were a joke and now Assasins Creed and this. Do they actually test any games properly nowadays? How can such basic errors be missed??

I tell you what all the problem is we pc gamers got in the here and now . Consoles . Its the platform where game developers make the big money with it . Today games will be made first for consoles then for computers but since console market is way bigger then pc gaming obviously developers like ubisoft dont care much as long as the game is running on release date . Over the years consoles destroyd pc gaming thats a fact . The latest UBI-Games like ACU & FC4 are a perfect example what will happen when a game is first made for console and then for pc , crappy controls , its always the same story ....... How hard it can be to make a propper freelook in that game ? Seriously . I was so exited yesterday at 0:00 , 0:45 i was done with far cry 4 and only played like 5 minutes , the other 40 minutes i tried to figure out some way to get mouse acceleration fixed , nothing worked . The problem is that big for me personaly that i wont touch the game again until its fixed . And if UBI doesent care at all and leave it like it is , then this would be realy sad for me . I was realy looking forward for this game since i spend a lot of hours on far cry 3 and enjoyed it . Hopefully Ubisoft will fix this .

ProFirefighter
11-18-2014, 01:03 PM

Honestly, I'm really trying to not be a complainer/whiner.

But Key Bindings?

I tell you what all the problem is we pc gamers got in the here and now . Consoles .

Nothing against console players, but PC gaming is where it's at for me.

Give me a keyboard, mouse, good graphic card and psu and I'm ready to go!

hunter_scars01
11-18-2014, 01:12 PM

MouseAcceleration
MouseAccelerationOn

i tried this already and it doesn't work, i was really looking forward to this game too and even got the kyrat edition of the game (thankfully in trade in value from EB Games)

i will say this once

UBISOFT FIX YOUR ****

Sapjes
11-18-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm so sad. Why is this mouse acceleration always an issue... Is it really that hard to take the PC gamer into account?

I've tried to play through the beginning bit, but the muddy controls are SO INCREDIBLY ANNOYING :mad: I've ALT-F4'ed out of the game every time...

On a side note; the NON-SKIPPABLE intro movies on start up also are INCREDIBLY ANNOYING :mad:

UseMouseSmooth="0"
Smoothness="0"
Smoothness_Ironsight="0"
MouseAcceleration="0"
MouseAccelerationOn="0"

Can you PLEASE fix the mouse issue A.S.A.P.

niske2007
11-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm so sad. Why is this mouse acceleration always an issue... Is it really that hard to take the PC gamer into account?

I've tried to play through the beginning bit, but the muddy controls are SO INCREDIBLY ANNOYING :mad: I've ALT-F4'ed out of the game every time...

On a side note; the NON-SKIPPABLE intro movies on start up also are INCREDIBLY ANNOYING :mad:

UseMouseSmooth="0"
Smoothness="0"
Smoothness_Ironsight="0"
MouseAcceleration="0"
MouseAccelerationOn="0"

Totally agree on this!...
How hard can it be :mad:

DJ_Cas
11-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Same here:

Windows 8.1 64bit, Razer DeathAdder 2013, bought and downladed the game today 18/11/2014. Its unplayable thanks to the mouse accel.

Please Ubi, allowing raw mouse input has to be the easiest thing in the world.

Raw input is definitely a solution and "must have" for PC gamers

Stro666
11-18-2014, 02:04 PM
there is already a patch 2 preview on the technical forums, but they dont mention the acceleration atm. its hard to me to understand why they dont write it at first in the pc section of the preview. they know we need a fix. we all searchin and hopin and i pray they will mention it in the next patch. i mean i love far cry but i dont wanna play it like that. i wait so hard for a fix, its just horrible.

btw. sry for my english.

Vector_81
11-18-2014, 02:08 PM
agree, new patch and even no one word about mouse sensivity solution :mad:

DJ_Cas
11-18-2014, 02:12 PM
agree, new patch and even no one word about mouse sensivity solution :mad:

Asked Ubisoft in twitter for including this fix into patch 2. Let's wait for reply https://twitter.com/DJ_Casper07/status/534695501887975424

unexpectedkass
11-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Mee too:

https://twitter.com/unexpectedkas/status/534704131093827585

xDooga
11-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Made my own thread about this issue but failed to see there was already one on this topic,

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953862-PATHETIC-Mouse-Movement

Quite a few people are angry at the same problem... Raw Mouse Input would be nice, no acceleration, no nothing.

Monarch43
11-18-2014, 04:18 PM
I bet they won't fix mouse acceleration. Because it isn't an issue. They did it on purpose.

Stro666
11-18-2014, 04:29 PM
dude, rly. even if its no isse cause they do it on purpose, so its still an issue u cant turn it off, like u should can in the options. so maybe the problem isnt the accel, just u cant turn off the acceleration if u want?..

and they know its a problem. everyone is complaining about that, and that we need a raw input or something like that because u cant play properly with acceleration, so do u rly think they do nothing and make the whole pc gamer community pissed.
i dont think so..... ok, to be serious, i dont hope so.. cause i dont even play far cry till the fix this problem.

Also a mod already answer it in another thread, sure the answer dont help us very much, but now, they cant say they dont even know about the problem and that it is a problem.

Stev1L
11-18-2014, 05:36 PM
ause i dont even play far cry till the fix this problem.

same for me . I dont wanna play it because iam mad at it i dont wanna play it because its a mess to play with the ammount of acceleration it has got . Ive replyd on your thread too . Lets collect some choices . If UBI sees it bothers many pc gamers then they will fix it .

FeedMeCheddar
11-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Same problems here. I've tried it with and without VSync (game runs at 61 - 80 FPS), disabling mouse acceleration in game doesn't fix it. Feels as if there's some sort of aim assist and jerkiness, especially when aiming down sight. Same problems in Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, Watch_Dogs and now this, unbelievable. This is the last time I buy a Ubisoft game on day 1.

foot-extreme702
11-18-2014, 06:25 PM
I have exactly the same problem : I can not aim correctly because of mouse controls (same issue in Far Cry 3, i wasn't able to play correctly too). For people who are used to play real FPS games (from ubisoft or other editors (Battlefield 4 for example)) it is quite unplayable, and ruin the experience. I thought it would have been fixed in Far Cry 4 compared to Far Cry 3, but no, and I am really disappointed...

Hope this will be fixed soon, but as Ubi hasn't fixed it since Far Cry 3 launch, I despair it will be fixed...

KMpuggy
11-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Thought it was just me at first, ive put 6 odd hours into the game and guess ive got used to it now. :D

Gizimoo86
11-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Yes there is some mouse acceleration problems, also some stuttering but overall game seems to be good. I hope these gets fixed but i probably complete game before those are fixed :p

jaquestraw1
11-18-2014, 08:11 PM
The game looks great but it's unplayable the way it is! Come on Ubi, fix this mouse issue!! :mad:

Sevneyff
11-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Same here bla bla bla... waiting for a fix patch whatever...

Oh my God....

:mad: :mad: :mad:

SookMePlooms
11-18-2014, 09:07 PM

You can skip these if you add -skipintro to the steam launch option. Or if you're running via Uplay directly, create shortcut on your desktop from the main far cry 4 .exe file. The default path to your exe file will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 4\bin\FarCry4.exe

I was going insane having to watch the clips over and over again while I was tweaking my graphics settings. Hope this helps.

NOTE TO UBISOFT - Let people press escape to skip intro movies. It's not hard and has been done since the 90's.

SookMePlooms
11-18-2014, 09:44 PM
UseMouseSmooth="0"
Smoothness="0"
Smoothness_Ironsight="0"
MouseAcceleration="0"
MouseAccelerationOn="0"

These settings worked for me. Now totally lag free and feels as tight as Far Cry 3 did. Sorry It's not working for you but thanks for the tip!

mywad
11-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Try this, the sensitivity was set fairly low by default on mine.
I turned off mouse acceleration, moved acceleration slider to zero then moved sensitivity slider to halfway and its fine now.

DJ_Cas
11-18-2014, 09:50 PM
You can skip these if you add -skipintro to the steam launch option. Or if you're running via Uplay directly, create shortcut on your desktop from the main far cry 4 .exe file. The default path to your exe file will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 4\bin\FarCry4.exe

I was going insane having to watch the clips over and over again while I was tweaking my graphics settings. Hope this helps.

NOTE TO UBISOFT - Let people press escape to skip intro movies. It's not hard and has been done since the 90's.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953934-Skip-intro-in-Farcry-4?p=10353892&posted=1#post10353892

JTenebrous
11-18-2014, 09:58 PM
This inability to disable mouse acceleration issue is really awful - makes playing with a mouse impossible for me. Please fix it soon! I've tried every workaround in this thread, and it still exhibits evidence that mouse acceleration is enabled. I've been looking forward to this game all year, and I'm really disappointed with what I've experienced so far. Between massive frame stuttering on my AMD 7970, mouse acceleration that is impossible for me to play well with, crashes to desktop regularly, movie/cinematics that are unskippable (only a problem because of having to rewatch them after every crash to desktop), teleporting enemies, random mission failures without warning nor reason, enemies/wildlife occasionally not spawning during missions resulting in a large map with no other forms of life, etc, etc... this game is a just a bloody mess on PC at the moment. Worst release-day experience I've had in years... I loved FC3 and Blood Dragon, so I really hope they push some patches out fast.

xsneaks420
11-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Please add raw input or a way to completely disable mouse acceleration.

remc86007
11-18-2014, 10:45 PM
None of the fixes worked for me so far. It is completely unplayable. Playing it with a 360 controller is the only workaround but it reminds me why I play FPSs on PC.

BWX232
11-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Well I don't know why I got all exited and bought the game. FAR CRY 4 mouse control SUCKS!

TERRIBLE controls. Moving mouse is like emulating moving a gamepad stick! One of the worst mouse control for FPS games in a long time!

It will only go so fast.. and is sloppy as hell- whoever thought that was a good idea is a noob or never played an FPS with a mouse in their life.. FC3 is 100000 times better.

Other major issues-
Also I can't use my mouse wheel to change weapons (or zoom cam if I bind page up and page down to anything) -and I need page up and page down to throw rock and either throw grenade or a number of other things! Far Cry 3 lets me do that, FC4 sucks because it doesn't.

Texture streaming stutters the whole game!- that's while I am getting a solid 60fps and using 1800 out if 2048mb vram. In FC3 it is smooth an seamless and amazing that it is happening "behind the scenes"- I don't even think about it. In FC4 every time you walk forward it seems to slow down GFX card so that it can stream textures in.

Also no freaking 5.1 surround sound! I am stuck with stereo in an AAA title in 2015 (almost)! WTH Ubi!?

In FC4, the rookie team must have gotten to sit at the big boys table because there is no way in the world that the same people who coded FC3 coded FC4.

Whoever coded and designed FC4 controls for PC should go wash dished for a living! What a waste of time and money.. $60 flushed down the freaking toilet.

Galneryus
11-18-2014, 11:49 PM
I haven't read through all pages of the posts, but I keep seeing people mentioning that they feel it's the mouse acceleration. I don't know whether it is, but I feel more put off by the fact that the X/Y axis sensitivities are both different. They need to be the same amount of movement in all directions. It really throws me off.

I messed about with the acceleration value as well as the sensitivity. Nothing makes it feel right. Far Cry 3 had it perfect, in my opinion. This has been one huge, big disappointment!

BWX232
11-19-2014, 12:06 AM
It isn't only acceleration, or maybe not at all.. You're right.

It is like a mouse emulating a gamepad!

It only moves so fast- there is a "speed limit", and there is also huge lag, and there also a delay! All built into one big pile of steaming dung that is is FC4 PC mouse controls.

It feels like a mushy mess. People who coded it don't have a freaking clue what they are doing. They completely wrecked the game

MrVesuvius
11-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Echoing what has been said already. Mouse feels slow and unresponsive, no in-game options or manual tweaks of config files has worked as a fix.

An FPS on pc with inadequate mouse controls is unacceptable. A fix is required. It's incredibly disappointing that something like this could have been overlooked and only feeds into recent attitudes regarding Ubisoft games and poor quality control. Unfortunate, but true. If a fix isn't released soon, I'll be opening tickets with both Steam and UBI for a refund.

SoulRak3r
11-19-2014, 09:24 AM
I have same problem with mouse acceleration - its always ON and game is unplayable !!! please fix this ASAP.
Yesterday... premiere day and im playing Farcry4 for 15 minutes... longer I simply cant. Thats bad Ubisoft, really bad.
Best regards

Ceano
11-19-2014, 12:13 PM
This sounds like it has to be something with compatibility between hardware/software and the game, i have NO issues at all with the game...it runs smooth with no lag and zero issues with the mouse acceleration.

See my sig for my computer specs.

Tuc0Ramirez
11-19-2014, 12:17 PM
This sounds like it has to be something with compatibility between hardware/software and the game, i have NO issues at all with the game...it runs smooth with no lag and zero issues with the mouse acceleration.

I read somewhere on here that somebody heard there was a problem with the game and Logitech devices. I myself have a Logitech G9x

simu_87
11-19-2014, 12:28 PM
I also had problems with the mouse acceleration. Worst it was with aim sight (Right Mouse Button)

Have a look in the skills tree of the Tiger, there you find Running Reload, which must first be activated and then you are able to activate At the Ready (switching weapon and aiming with Right Mouse Button is now much faster). This helped me, aiming is now a lot faster when holding the right mouse button.

Maybe this can help you too!

Ceano
11-19-2014, 12:29 PM
I read somewhere on here that somebody heard there was a problem with the game and Logitech devices. I myself have a Logitech G9x

Thats funny, i have only Logitech devices and have zero problem with the game :)

Tuc0Ramirez
11-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Thats funny, i have only Logitech devices and have zero problem with the game :)

Lol , cant be that then :confused:

t10bears
11-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Here's what I did to fix the mouse stutter. It's the same thing I did for Far Cry 3. I use Dxtory to limit the frame rate to 30fps. I do get a little stutter while standing still and looking around, but it's from HDD reading. And every few seconds while moving. My specs are Windows 7, Nvidia 970 and 16GBs of ram.

I tried this and it works perfectly now.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954533-EASY-FIX-Stutter-Frame-Skipping-Far-Cry-4!

Tuc0Ramirez
11-19-2014, 12:56 PM
30fps......ouch. With all due respect, no thanks.

BWX232
11-19-2014, 01:09 PM

No, you just don't know what a proper game feels like. It is screwed up.

BWX232
11-19-2014, 01:11 PM
These settings worked for me. Now totally lag free and feels as tight as Far Cry 3 did. Sorry It's not working for you but thanks for the tip!

What do you mean "these worked"? They don't change a thing!

Gaspromx2
11-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Yeah it can't be that so many people say that the mouse acceleration gets fixed with the options and xml tweaks, while it's not. I play Shooters for a long time and i know when my mouse does what i want it to do. and in FC4 its slow movement = low sens, fast movement = high sens, which makes accurate aiming a chore, result is constant overaiming and really awkward precision movements. It works flawlessly in proper PC-Shooters, but not in FC4.

Add RAW mouse input option asap, this is actually a deal breaker for me it's beyond me that something like this can't be implemented properly in 2014. I am quite dissapointed. FC4 is a beautiful game, but this shortcoming is like a huge black cloud above it.

KertGaming
11-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Like I said they Need to put raw input on there games Because I only Have problems with UBisoft games when It comes to mouse controls. Battlefield 4, CS GO no problems there at ALL. These games aren't well optimized For PC it like there compelety ported of console. Far Cry 3 Ran and looked better than this game in my opinion . IM running GTX 970 4gb windforce and a 4.5ghz i7 2700k proccesor Also I have 16 gb RAM. I dont think im going to buy PC games for ubisoft anymore im starting to think there just rushing the games. I mean Older games like Half Life Have better mouse controls than this game it really sad they need some new developers

Ceano
11-19-2014, 01:19 PM
No, you just don't know what a proper game feels like. It is screwed up.

LOL...i have been playing PC-games for 25 of my 49 years, both professionally and for my own enjoyment.

Monarch43
11-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Just because you don't see mouse acceleration doesn't mean it's not there. If altering some values in that xml file does anything it's the same for all people. It's just that some people are casual gamers, they don't know how precise mouse movement looks and feels like.

Galneryus
11-19-2014, 02:15 PM

And I have a Cybersnipa Intelliscope mouse, yet I have the issue that everyone is talking about as well. If there is an issue, it can't be with the make of the mouse. I spoke to a friend that said he played it and it was fine for him. But I'm unsure if he's tried it recently. I saw a mention of a patch altering it from someone.

JohnnyBigodes_
11-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Well... I also dislike the acceleration in FC4.

I want the RAW Input option to be there.

Besides this and micro stuttering i didnt had any other problems in 3 hours of gameplay.

I also have a Logitech G19 Keyboard and the Logitech G502 Mouse.

Babbalucio
11-19-2014, 02:54 PM
The game runs (almost) smooth with the gamepad.
Moving the mouse is a stutter fest, it feels like playing at 10 fps for me (while the fps monitor says 60)
Acceleration is another thing, you can get used to it, but this jerkiness of mouse control is very annoying.

Sapjes
11-19-2014, 03:32 PM
The game runs (almost) smooth with the gamepad.
Moving the mouse is a stutter fest, it feels like playing at 10 fps for me (while the fps monitor says 60)
Acceleration is another thing, you can get used to it, but this jerkiness of mouse control is very annoying.

Do you have NVidia or ATI ? What kind of brand is your mouse ?

Babbalucio
11-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Do you have NVidia or ATI ? What kind of brand is your mouse ?

GTX770 and a Logitech mouse

I have already edited the xml with all the smooth and acceleration options turned off, changed polling rate to 125, but I can't see any improvement.
Gamepad experience is smooth, mouse stutters like crazy :(

GiveMeTactical
11-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Yes sir, it is!

That is because you assume that such a thing exist. At UBI, Quality control and Optimized are words that are forbidden.

The answer is simple and you may not like it... UBI knows that people will buy sight unseen. The majority here can;t wait to pre pay for a game because they say an Awesome Trailer of the game. A trailer that has ZERO to do with real Gameplay. Gullible is a strong word and one that UBI knows how to use to its potential. UBI spends Millions of Dollars a year to pay Lobbyist and they pass laws allowing this type of behavior in the Game Industry.

How do you combat this? simple again... DO NOT pre order or buy a game from UBI until you read REAL reviews of the game. Notice how all the reviews were for the Console and none for the PC? why do you think that is???

Didn't UBI said the game was made originally on the PC and then ported to Consoles? Yeah... what a joke! keep on buying their games folks, they will laugh all the way to the bank with your money. Don't expect fixes soon, they are up to 1.3 and for what?

Sephiroth1969
11-19-2014, 04:59 PM
When im "NOT" aiming down the sights of a weapon it seems to be ok. Like any other FPS. The problem is when i hold the right mouse button down to aim down the sights of a weapon. If you are trying to make small adjustments to your aim it's really really hard. It moves slow even if you are moving the mouse "ALOT". This makes the game unplayable to an extent. I mean i could get used to it but i shouldn't have to. Is this the same problem everyone else is having? no matter what options i change or so called fixes i try changes this mouse problem. im Running gtx460, win 7 and a mouse "sensi i think".

Im not playing the game until this gets fixed "might even take it back"

simu_87
11-19-2014, 05:01 PM
When im "NOT" aiming down the sights of a weapon it seems to be ok. Like any other FPS. The problem is when i hold the right mouse button down to aim down the sights of a weapon. If you are trying to make small adjustments to your aim it really really hard. It moves slow even if you are moving the mouse "ALOT". This makes the game unplayable to an extent. I mean i could get used to it but i shouldn't have to. Is this the same problem everyone else is having? no matter what options i change or so called fixes i try changes this mouse problem. im Running gtx460, win 7 and a mouse "sensi i think".

Im not playing the game until this gets fixed "might even take it back"

Try this:

Have a look in the skills tree of the Tiger, there you find Running Reload, which must first be activated and then you are able to activate At the Ready (switching weapon and aiming with Right Mouse Button is now much faster). This helped me, aiming is now a lot faster when holding the right mouse button.

Sephiroth1969
11-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Try this:

To be completely honest this skill has slightly improved the mouse issue but it still don't feel correct. The problem is definitely still there unfortunately. it doesn't feel like farcry 3's mouse input. Its almost like it has v-sync on when it doesn't :/ mouse smoothing could be the problem but that's also off. Thanks for the advice dude :)

karotte160
11-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Mouse movement is still broken. I tryed everything out, but still the aiming feels bad.

What i canīt understand, no Mod, Dev, or someone in charge thinks there is a reason to talk to the customers.
They are just blithely ignoring the problem. Do you think the problem will go away when you donīt respond to your customers?

Regards

Monarch43
11-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Mouse movement is still broken. I tryed everything out, but still the aiming feels bad.

What i canīt understand, no Mod, Dev, or someone in charge thinks there is a reason to talk to the customers.
They are just blithely ignoring the problem. Do you think the problem will go away when you donīt respond to your customers?

Regards

Bug Ubi support. I think there's a greater chance they'll get the message that way than posting on forums.
Hope it gets fixed cause the game is worthless if the controls are broken.

Sephiroth1969
11-20-2014, 05:13 PM

Regards

Im glad its not only me having this problem lol is it the same problem as i described in my post?

Sentenced19
11-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Im glad its not only me having this problem lol is it the same problem as i described in my post?

No, you are not alone. I tried everything too... tweaking the .xml, various vsync settings, max pre buffered frames tweaks. Nothing.
Mouse control still feels absolutelly terrible, literally worst I have seen in years. Laggy, like skipping frames... The game is unplayable with mouse at this moment, aiming almost impossible. Lets hope it will be fixed ...

foot-extreme702
11-20-2014, 07:02 PM
When im "NOT" aiming down the sights of a weapon it seems to be ok. Like any other FPS. The problem is when i hold the right mouse button down to aim down the sights of a weapon. If you are trying to make small adjustments to your aim it's really really hard. It moves slow even if you are moving the mouse "ALOT". This makes the game unplayable to an extent. I mean i could get used to it but i shouldn't have to. Is this the same problem everyone else is having? [...]

Exact same problem for me, make me impossible to aim correctly. Really sad for a 2014 FPS Game...

Fhris
11-20-2014, 07:34 PM
There is already a 14 page thread on this particular problem in the technical support forum.

Click (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954031-The-acceleration-thread)

Let's combine powers, better 1 big thread then 2 small ones.

Frraksurred
11-20-2014, 07:35 PM
If you google this you'll find it is all over. There is a large thread on Reddit about it and they have had no more luck then you guys have. The best we can do is all submit a ticket so Ubi understands there is a problem. They don't read their forums for the same reason everyone has stopped reading them, because most Internet users cannot be bothered to be constructive, let alone polite. With lawsuits and death threats becoming the norm, I wouldn't read the comments either.

Use the system, its the only way they are going to know.

Fhris
11-20-2014, 07:52 PM
If you google this you'll find it is all over. There is a large thread on Reddit about it and they have had no more luck then you guys have. The best we can do is all submit a ticket so Ubi understands there is a problem. They don't read their forums for the same reason everyone has stopped reading them, because most Internet users cannot be bothered to be constructive, let alone polite. With lawsuits and death threats becoming the norm, I wouldn't read the comments either.

Use the system, its the only way they are going to know.

Well if they care even just a little bit about the quality of there product i would assume some programmers or employees do check the forums,
maybe not to read all messages. But the biggest threads aren't there purely out of nonsense ofcourse..

Deepsetsoul
11-20-2014, 11:55 PM

This guy is an obvious shill.

josseh86
11-21-2014, 03:05 AM
Mouse acceleration or not, the problem is that when moving mouse slightly it doesn't move at all or like for 1 pixel... The mouse movement aren't fluid as they should be.
Please fix this !

Daracus
11-21-2014, 04:14 AM
Ubisoft please fix this. The mouse acceleration issue is ruining the game :(

A3rium
11-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Won't buy the game until this is fixed. I will never buy a console to play games. I do that on PC. And if you release a game on PC, I expect it to be playable.

terry427
11-21-2014, 09:37 AM
this truly the biggest pile of rubbish I have even seen, just unplayable. .
How can anyone be allowed to release such a product that is clearly no where near ready , just a ripoff of the highest order.
Ubisoft, you have done your dash with me, never again will I buy a game with your name on it, just garbage.

Tuc0Ramirez
11-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Anyone have an eta of the patch?

ShmoeSOLID
11-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Someone had posted a temporary workaround (don't have the link off-hand) that I tried and it is working for me.

Basically if you have a mouse where you can change the DPI on the fly then you can just set your higher DPI really really high (I set mine to 5000) and set your lower DPI as normal (mine is at 800). Then in game I set my sensitivity all the way down and set mouse accel off and put the mouse accel bar all the way off. Then I use my lower DPI for menus/map and my higher DPI for looking around in game. It isn't perfect, but definitely helps as a temporary fix.

fitzsteve
11-21-2014, 11:48 AM
I've resorted to using a controller - oh the sacrilege!

Stazza85
11-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey everyone i think i have a way to fix this. in the GamerProfile.xml ( that you can find in documents/mygames/far cry 4 )you need to still change these to "0" MouseAcceleration, MouseAccelerationOn, UseMouseSmooth
Now i have found that for these 2 options its best to set them at "0.2" Smoothness, Smoothness_Ironsight
Also I have Sensitivity set at "0.592" but I think you could just set this to "1"
And lastly the thing that i found that helped the most for the mouse acceleration is setting MouseLookSensitivity to just this "" (no numbers at all )
This has helped me, its not 100% gone but the best i have figured out, and i have been searching all over for a fix but it seems no one has found one and i believe my solution to be the best so far.
hope this helps you out :)
Ps. all these changes are in the GamerProfile.xml and if you find the mouse movement to slow just increase the DPI on your mouse.

BassMan_
11-21-2014, 09:40 PM
I've resorted to using a controller - oh the sacrilege!

Honestly, WTF is wrong with Ubisoft? They ruin all their games. Forcing players to play an FPS game on a PC with a controller is just wrong on so many levels. Do they not have any honor and integrity? Who is in charge of the PC version? Fire his ***. This is an epic fail. This acceleration and stuttering is unacceptable.

Galneryus
11-22-2014, 02:15 AM
I keep checking on news/articles and this forum every few hours in case something has been mentioned from Ubisoft about this. I tried changing things in the file to 0 as well, but it only helps with looking slightly. It still feels way off when aiming. I couldn't get any of the enemies in my sites when we first drive off in the car.

I wouldn't even play this with a controller because I am crap at aiming with an analog stick, especially when trying to shoot as an enemy is running sideways at the same time.

I'm starting to get put off games lately. Issues with The Evil Within, Far Cry 4 and now Dragon Age: Inquisition with the side mouse buttons and tactical camera. What is it that's focused on these days within game development? I don't see why they don't just allow it to be played as a closed Alpha/Beta for some members of the public so they can at least get some proper feedback. It's not like they have to pay them for it. Then maybe this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Maybe even just give a demo version out as an Alpha/Beta to get any issues out that may be missed.

sWi7zLe
11-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Just out of interest. Do people with this problem have vsync enabled?

With vsync on i had crazy mouse acceleration, but when i disabled it, it vanished!

Feel for those of you who are having this issue, for some reason I have no problems with my mouse and am thoroughly enjoying the game

Strange how its fine for some, but not for others :/

Ceano
11-22-2014, 10:36 AM
I have vsync disabled in-game but force vsync on with nVidea tool, like i do with all games and i have NO problems with the mouse acceleration...except that the mouse is more sensitive when you aim then when you just shot from the hip or just is looking around.

But like in all games that makes your weapon zoom in when you just have iron sight, reflex sight or red dot sight the mouse sensitivity is changing when i aim and shot from hip. That is the problem that all games get when they make weapons zoom in when they in real life should not zoom in, if they removed that it would be a lot better.

NeoGunHero
11-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I agree. The mouse feels very strange to me. I've been playing for about 2 hours now and it's playable but still very strange, i've never felt anything like it. When moving the mouse, there's like a small slowdown in the beginning. If you move the mouse slowly, the sensitivity seems really low even when it's set high. When moving it in large pans, it does the low sensitivity at first then feels normal as you keep moving the mouse. It's very hard to describe and I've never felt anything like it before. This is one of the main bugs ruining my Far Cry 4 experience.

Sirbats
11-22-2014, 11:07 AM
I agree. The mouse feels very strange to me. I've been playing for about 2 hours now and it's playable but still very strange, i've never felt anything like it. When moving the mouse, there's like a small slowdown in the beginning. If you move the mouse slowly, the sensitivity seems really low even when it's set high. When moving it in large pans, it does the low sensitivity at first then feels normal as you keep moving the mouse. It's very hard to describe and I've never felt anything like it before. This is one of the main bugs ruining my Far Cry 4 experience.

The term for what you are experiencing is called Mouse Acceleration.

With vsync on or off, mouse acceleration causes immense FRUSTRATION, unlike ALL the PC fps games I usually play where I DONT have any problems with acceleration because raw input is a thing.

kimkimon
11-22-2014, 11:22 AM
try this edit gameprofile.xml copy & paste between </CustomQuality> and </RenderProfile>

<Post>
<quality GameDepthOfField="0" CinematicDepthOfField="0" MotionBlur="0" id="ultrahigh" />
</Post>

dont forget to check read only in properties and click apply

Monarch43
11-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Just out of interest. Do people with this problem have vsync enabled?

With vsync on i had crazy mouse acceleration, but when i disabled it, it vanished!

Feel for those of you who are having this issue, for some reason I have no problems with my mouse and am thoroughly enjoying the game

Strange how its fine for some, but not for others :/

I have vsync disabled in-game but force vsync on with nVidea tool, like i do with all games and i have NO problems with the mouse acceleration...except that the mouse is more sensitive when you aim then when you just shot from the hip or just is looking around.

But like in all games that makes your weapon zoom in when you just have iron sight, reflex sight or red dot sight the mouse sensitivity is changing when i aim and shot from hip. That is the problem that all games get when they make weapons zoom in when they in real life should not zoom in, if they removed that it would be a lot better.

People like you are the reason why games are getting worse. If you can't see such a terrible mouse acceleration then congratulations, you've just proven you fall into the "noob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie)" category.
Now let us who do know what mouse acceleration is express our dissatisfaction and let devs know that we want 1:1 mouse-crosshair movement.
Forced mouse acceleration means forced crippled controls. It causes unpredictable mouse aiming, and messes up muscle memory. It's an insult to PC gaming.

levanteza
11-22-2014, 12:28 PM
The term for what you are experiencing is called Mouse Acceleration.

With vsync on or off, mouse acceleration causes immense FRUSTRATION, unlike ALL the PC fps games I usually play where I DONT have any problems with acceleration because raw input is a thing.

I have the same problem ! I can't play the game, it's not possible ! The mouse have like lag, or something else ! Give us a patch !!!

daniel_48
11-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Just wanted to begin my Far Cry 4 weekend. This is such a dealbreaker for me. They can't be serious! :mad:
Back to BF then :/

KertGaming
11-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Playing with Vsync on LOL that cause massive input lag no wonder you cant feel the Mouse acceleration in this game. to test mouse accel I advise Looking at a tree or something put your mouse to end of your pad and see if it goes back to the same spot on your mousepad. Because mines surely dont and I been playing Games like CS GO for and quake so I can tell the mouse movement is not working right in this game

eje005
11-22-2014, 04:38 PM
If it hasn't been explained already in the thread: Mouse Acceleration is applying an exponential curve to the movement of the mouse based on how quickly one moves it. This means moving quickly will cover much more distance than moving slowly. Easy testing confirms that turning Mouse Acceleration off in the game ( as well as editing the XML file to turn it off) only seems to put it on the minimal amount, it is how ever still there.

How you can test this yourself. Aim at a landmark. Swipe your mouse at a medium-fast speed across your mousepad. Note where you are now looking, estimate degrees of spin. Reset crosshairs on landmark. Move mouse very slowly across mouse pad. Notice the difference. For me, a quick swipe is 360 degrees. A slow swipe is less than 90.

Why this is unacceptable: It brings inconsistency to aiming. If you're trying to track a moving target, you're moving your mouse slowly. If that target changes speed and you change speed with him to match, you will find yourself over aiming because the game accelerates your mouse based on your speed change. This offers no advantages, and is entirely disorienting, as covering two inches on your mousepad should cover the same amount of distance in game every time.

subn3tz
11-22-2014, 07:18 PM
I am also experiencing this mouse acceleration issue. Had to plug in a controller. None of the PC fixes fixed mouse acceleration.

zacharybinx34
11-22-2014, 09:19 PM
I can't play the game like this. I get sick from it, and it just feels awful.

Refund or fix it plz.

Ceano
11-22-2014, 09:34 PM
People like you are the reason why games are getting worse. If you can't see such a terrible mouse acceleration then congratulations, you've just proven you fall into the "noob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie)" category.
Now let us who do know what mouse acceleration is express our dissatisfaction and let devs know that we want 1:1 mouse-crosshair movement.
Forced mouse acceleration means forced crippled controls. It causes unpredictable mouse aiming, and messes up muscle memory. It's an insult to PC gaming.

LOL....so all we that don't have any problem with turning of mouse acceleration and can turn it off/on is noobs you say, just making a statement like that shows who the noob is :D

zacharybinx34
11-22-2014, 10:04 PM
LOL....so all we that don't have any problem with turning of mouse acceleration and can turn it off/on is noobs you say, just making a statement like that shows who the noob is :D

No he's right. If you think mouse acceleration is fine you're pretty much oblivious. AKA, noob.

If it doesn't bother you, that's fine. Being a noob isn't always a bad thing, I'm a noob when it comes to audophile stuff, it's just the way it is. But when it comes to PC gaming, not a noob, hence why this stuff really bothers us.

Monarch43
11-22-2014, 11:15 PM

You can't turn off mouse acceleration in this game. If you can't see it, and you're fine with it, then it's obvious you aren't skilled in fps games. Otherwise you'd appreciate raw mouse input.

ZyRonNR1
11-22-2014, 11:17 PM
The game has a very strange feeling with its aiming.. Far Cry 3 had this also I remember.

If some people dont feel this its good for them. Me myself cant play the game.

Its a "Smooth Mouse" option that cannot be disabled. Not yet anways.. Hope they fix it..

sWi7zLe
11-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Playing with Vsync on LOL that cause massive input lag no wonder you cant feel the Mouse acceleration in this game. to test mouse accel I advise Looking at a tree or something put your mouse to end of your pad and see if it goes back to the same spot on your mousepad. Because mines surely dont and I been playing Games like CS GO for and quake so I can tell the mouse movement is not working right in this game I play a lot of TF2 with RAW mouse input. I did you tree test... I put my finger on the left side of my mouse, moved it till i did a 360, moved it back to my finger... and it was in the same place.

I only posted to in case the vsync option helped some people, I won't bother in the future... and "noob", really? Get out of the 80's sonny :rolleyes:

zacharybinx34
11-23-2014, 01:01 AM
I play a lot of TF2 with RAW mouse input. I did you tree test... I put my finger on the left side of my mouse, moved it till i did a 360, moved it back to my finger... and it was in the same place.

I only posted to in case the vsync option helped some people, I won't bother in the future... and "noob", really? Get out of the 80's sonny :rolleyes:

Noob is from the 80's?

Sounds like someone needs to give the video games back to his kid and stop thinking he knows what's "in" these days.

Noob is legit. #dealwithit

Ceano
11-23-2014, 01:04 AM
No he's right. If you think mouse acceleration is fine you're pretty much oblivious. AKA, noob.

If it doesn't bother you, that's fine. Being a noob isn't always a bad thing, I'm a noob when it comes to audophile stuff, it's just the way it is. But when it comes to PC gaming, not a noob, hence why this stuff really bothers us.

You can't turn off mouse acceleration in this game. If you can't see it, and you're fine with it, then it's obvious you aren't skilled in fps games. Otherwise you'd appreciate raw mouse input.

You guys are so wrong as you can be, i have been playing PC-Games (mostly FPS and Racing games) for 25 of my 49 years both professional and for my own Entertainment.

wildbillalways
11-23-2014, 01:14 AM
I agree that using a mouse in Far Cry 4 is terrible. I suggest using a controller like I do. If you want to check out my walkthrough so far of Far Cry 4 on Pc you can. YOU don't have to if you don't want to, I'm just trying to get content out in the world. And agian, using a controller is soooo much nicer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPcchZXYVV0&list=UUByr-GQgNN44s_brm4c48QA

zacharybinx34
11-23-2014, 01:19 AM
You guys are so wrong as you can be, i have been playing PC-Games (mostly FPS and Racing games) for 25 of my 49 years both professional and for my own Entertainment.

And?...
If you can't tell the difference between raw mouse input and mouse acceleration you're a noob/casual gamer.

And like I said, that's fine, just don't act like you have any clue about this sort of stuff when you clearly don't.... it's like if someone tried saying that their Astro/Turtle Beach headphones are just as good as real audiophile headphones... Anyone who actually knows about audio equipment will laugh at the noob who thinks that.

x8009bond
11-23-2014, 01:26 AM

MouseAcceleration

MouseAccelerationOn

It's impossible that works for you
for the 90% others it doesn't work inculding me.

Why is so this same very XML commands doesn't work for Watch_dogs with exactly the same options ?

They just copy paste the very same Mouse Control Input from Watch_Dogs, which is crap !. so the only reason this shouldn't work is the very same reason it doesn't work in Watch_Dogs.

It doesn't work !

Ceano
11-23-2014, 10:22 AM
And?...
If you can't tell the difference between raw mouse input and mouse acceleration you're a noob/casual gamer.

And like I said, that's fine, just don't act like you have any clue about this sort of stuff when you clearly don't.... it's like if someone tried saying that their Astro/Turtle Beach headphones are just as good as real audiophile headphones... Anyone who actually knows about audio equipment will laugh at the noob who thinks that.

I have NEVER made any argument about difference between raw mouse input and mouse acceleration. The only thing i have told is that i don't have any problems with any mouse acceleration, it works just fine for me and that is not something i should feel bad about...get your facts straight before making a comment

dabergman
11-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Worked for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmMY-t_Ya1Q&feature=youtu.be

Nice. Got it to work with your solution. A bit odd that it works if you think about it.
It still feels a bit... wonky, but it is definitely playable. Before, it was a complete deal breaker.
Thanks!

Monarch43
11-23-2014, 12:17 PM
I have NEVER made any argument about difference between raw mouse input and mouse acceleration. The only thing i have told is that i don't have any problems with any mouse acceleration, it works just fine for me and that is not something i should feel bad about...get your facts straight before making a comment

Then what are you doing in this thread? This thread is about mouse acceleration being a problem and trying to get the devs to implement raw mouse input. You're not helping.
If you're just a casual gamer who doesn't mind such a terrible mouse acceleration, keep it to yourself, and let us that appreciate raw input fight to get it.
If you had even tried to play an fps game competitive with mouse acceleration you would've gotten obliterated and you would've felt bad about it. Playing with mouse acceleration causes inconsistent aim and messes up your muscle memory. It's just dumb.

Rodriquezz
11-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Worked for me:

It's clever attempt, but for me it is still unchanged, slow movement lower sensi, fast movement higher sensi and the mouse still feels like it's skating on ice. We still need an official raw input fix for this.

Ceano
11-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Then what are you doing in this thread? This thread is about mouse acceleration being a problem and trying to get the devs to implement raw mouse input. You're not helping.
If you're just a casual gamer who doesn't mind such a terrible mouse acceleration, keep it to yourself, and let us that appreciate raw input fight to get it.
If you had even tried to play an fps game competitive with mouse acceleration you would've gotten obliterated and you would've felt bad about it. Playing with mouse acceleration causes inconsistent aim and messes up your muscle memory. It's just dumb.

Yes i know that mouse acceleration is a stupid thing to have implemented in to games and i hate it to like you rest, but the thing is why i did answer OP's post in the first place is that i just told him and the rest that i don't have any mouse acceleration in-game...non what so ever. Am i forsed to make a movie for you to look at before you trust me or what?

M0NKEYMAG1C
11-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Yes i know that mouse acceleration is a stupid thing to have implemented in to games and i hate it to like you rest, but the thing is why i did answer OP's post in the first place is that i just told him and the rest that i don't have any mouse acceleration in-game...non what so ever. Am i forsed to make a movie for you to look at before you trust me or what?

The lack of raw mouse input for Far Cry 4 has nothing to do with our PC setups. You saying that you don't have any mouse acceleration is the same as saying your Far Cry 4 supports a 3rd person mode. Doesn't make sense :confused:

Ceano
11-23-2014, 06:24 PM
The lack of raw mouse input for Far Cry 4 has nothing to do with our PC setups. You saying that you don't have any mouse acceleration is the same as saying your Far Cry 4 supports a 3rd person mode. Doesn't make sense :confused:

What i did mean is that i don't have that freaky acceleration that lot of people is having, when i look around fast or slow it is smooth without any acceleration...don't know why it works for me but it has from day one.

zacharybinx34
11-23-2014, 06:41 PM
What i did mean is that i don't have that freaky acceleration that lot of people is having, when i look around fast or slow it is smooth without any acceleration...don't know why it works for me but it has from day one.

Negative, you just don't have the ability to notice the difference like the rest of us veteran players do.

Ignorance is bliss.

G.I..Jane
11-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Me too have no clue what you all talking about that with the mouse FC4 is unplayable.
My gameplay is very smooth and without any stuttering or hickups, zooming, aiming, shooting, looking around, all goes 100% IMHO.
I have mouse acc active, simply because I'm used to that... If I turn it off I have to slide the mouse sensitivity to full because else
it's too slow for me. Everyone says that mouse acc is a NO-GO in games but I wonder why??? It's just a question of getting used to,
nothing else. If it's going too fast with mouse acc ON, turn it off and vice versa, simple as that...I see no problems in this option whatsoever.

Sixtypro1
11-23-2014, 07:21 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/ Hot stuff from Reddit. 100% work. Enjoy :)

Monarch43
11-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Me too have no clue what you all talking about that with the mouse FC4 is unplayable.
My gameplay is very smooth and without any stuttering or hickups, zooming, aiming, shooting, looking around, all goes 100% IMHO.
I have mouse acc active, simply because I'm used to that... If I turn it off I have to slide the mouse sensitivity to full because else
it's too slow for me. Everyone says that mouse acc is a NO-GO in games but I wonder why??? It's just a question of getting used to,
nothing else. If it's going too fast with mouse acc ON, turn it off and vice versa, simple as that...I see no problems in this option whatsoever.

You can't get used to mouse acceleration. Aiming is simply inconsistent. All experienced and skilled players know that in order to be accurate low sensitivity and raw mouse input are a must. With high sensitivity and mouse acceleration you can never be good like professional players. If you tried, you would get destroyed and you would learn that.
Far Cry is not a competitive game but it is a game-breaking problem for hardcore gamers. That's because we are used to and enjoy precise aiming, and also don't want to mess up our muscle memory we've acquired playing other fps games.
Mouse acceleration is just dumb. Don't know why there is option for it in games anyway. I can't imagine why someone would purposely use it. But the problem with this game is that it forces mouse acceleration. It can't be turned off.

Fhris
11-23-2014, 08:10 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/ Hot stuff from Reddit. 100% work. Enjoy :)

Fantastic, finally i can play the game without acceleration on the mouse.. I tested it, it works great for singleplayer.

Ubisoft: Sheame on you !!! This easy fix where hundreds of people ask for need to come from the cummunity...

Implement in update please,,

Sephiroth1969
11-23-2014, 09:13 PM

Can someone check this out. I have heard good stuff so far. Hopefully its the fix :D

remc86007
11-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Can someone check this out. I have heard good stuff so far. Hopefully its the fix :D

I just tried it and it made it WAY better! It is enough of a fix to make the game playable.

Rodriquezz
11-23-2014, 11:35 PM
Can confirm the Fix from reddit is HOT, just tested it out and for ME it feels very 1:1 now, maybe input lag, i cannot put my finger on it. But overall it's MUCH better now.

Test it on your games and share your experience, i will continue to test.

G.I..Jane
11-24-2014, 01:37 AM
You can't get used to mouse acceleration. Aiming is simply inconsistent. All experienced and skilled players know that in order to be accurate low sensitivity and raw mouse input are a must. With high sensitivity and mouse acceleration you can never be good like professional players. If you tried, you would get destroyed and you would learn that.
Far Cry is not a competitive game but it is a game-breaking problem for hardcore gamers. That's because we are used to and enjoy precise aiming, and also don't want to mess up our muscle memory we've acquired playing other fps games.
Mouse acceleration is just dumb. Don't know why there is option for it in games anyway. I can't imagine why someone would purposely use it. But the problem with this game is that it forces mouse acceleration. It can't be turned off.

Well, it seems --> I <-- got used to play with it without problems with aiming or fine accuracy when using the bino's or scope. I'm sure there are many more like me playing with mouse acc ON but I guess it's a starving race or something. I already have a many years experience with FPS games with the mouse beginning on an Amiga, then the PC with games like Doom, Quake, SOF and nowadays COD, BF, Rainbow 6, Sniper Elite serie,AC, FC1-3 etc etc, so I guess I had many years to get used to mouse acc... if it was existing at all during that time. I just slide that bar so I make a 180 degrees turn, the speed I want it to do and that's it, that'll be my overall mouse sensitivity throughout the game.

I play with mouse acc enabled and it's slide is set on 1/4th from the left.

I'll try the reddit settings to completely disable the mouse acc and see what the difference will be but I suspect it will be unplayable for me than! :)

Fhris
11-24-2014, 03:40 AM
Well, it seems --> I <-- got used to play with it without problems with aiming or fine accuracy when using the bino's or scope. I'm sure there are many more like me playing with mouse acc ON but I guess it's a starving race or something. I already have a many years experience with FPS games with the mouse beginning on an Amiga, then the PC with games like Doom, Quake, SOF and nowadays COD, BF, Rainbow 6, Sniper Elite serie,AC, FC1-3 etc etc, so I guess I had many years to get used to mouse acc... if it was existing at all during that time. I just slide that bar so I make a 180 degrees turn, the speed I want it to do and that's it, that'll be my overall mouse sensitivity throughout the game.

I play with mouse acc enabled and it's slide is set on 1/4th from the left.

I'll try the reddit settings to completely disable the mouse acc and see what the difference will be but I suspect it will be unplayable for me than! :)

You don't get the point..

All games use different curves of acceleration, and no you can't normally configure the curve.

The point is: muscle memory
What you want to excel in fps games is your brain to know exactly how much muscle movement is needed to shoot (for example) that guy 35 degrees on your right.
This you can only do in an instance when you train yourself and when you play various games it's recmmanded to calcute the mouse-sensetivity for it to be exactly the same in each game.
Perfect would be; observe enemy>flick mouse>Boom headshot!
That isn't hamunly possible because between flick mouse and Boom headshot there is often visual correction. But the better you are trained and your muscle's the less time you need correcting. It sounds lame but miliseconds in a fps game decides if you kill or get killed.

Muscle memory DOESN'T work with acceleration on. Your brain is "programmed" to be able to know how far i need to reach to grab something off my desk when my eyes see it. With a little training or even none, i can close my eyes and grab it, no matter with what speed!! Because the distance is the same.
And that's the trouble with acceleration, you always end up off, no matter if it's a little, it's what makes a big difference in an competetive shooter..

You can get used to acceleration especially with just 1 game but you'll never be as good as using muscle memory..

AJRimmsey
11-24-2014, 03:44 AM
You don't get the point..

All games use different curves of acceleration, and no you can't normally configure the curve.

The point is: muscle memory
What you want to excel in fps games is your brain to know exactly how much muscle movement is needed to shoot (for example) that guy 35 degrees on your right.
This you can only do in an instance when you train yourself and when you play various games it's recmmanded to calcute the mouse-sensetivity for it to be exactly the same in each game.

Muscle memory DOESN'T work with acceleration on. Your brain is "programmed" to be able to know how far i need to reach to grab something off my desk when my eyes see it. With a little training or even none, i can close my eyes and grab it, no matter with what speed!! Because the distance is the same.
And that's the trouble with acceleration, you always end up off, no matter if it's a little, it's what makes a big difference is an competetive shooter..

You can get used to acceleration especially with just 1 game but you'll never be as good as using muscle memory..

muscle memory ?

i play games with my hands,and there are no muscles in the hands.

i think you mistook muscle memory for hand eye coordination

Fhris
11-24-2014, 04:07 AM
muscle memory ?

Nope...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory

Your arms and hands aren't controlled by muscles??? What are you? Robot?
Hand eye coordination you use when correcting.
Muscle memory you use knowing the angle of the enemy and you're brain being trained to know how much muscle movement is needed. (flick mouse)

I know your muscles haven't got a memory but look at it this way,
it's like playing guitar.
When you start to learn you look at your fingers (hand eye coordination)
It works but it's slow. When you need to move from the top to the base of the guitar you move quick, the more you train the more you end up at the right positions (muscle memory training)
After some experince you play the guitar without looking at it. Totally relying on muscle memory!
Now in games you will alwys keep the hand eye coordination too because it's more precise then the strings and positions of a guitar, add to that the enemy is mostly moving (non campers :) ) so after using muscle memory to aim you use hand eye coordination to correct..

BWX232
11-24-2014, 05:06 AM
Improved mouse movement for me:

You weren't aiming, aim and try that test..

Also I have an M505 - No dpi adjustments. So I cannot really do that anyways.

SucculentVinh
11-24-2014, 12:05 PM
You weren't aiming, aim and try that test..

Also I have an M505 - No dpi adjustments. So I cannot really do that anyways.

Same result. Anyways a better work around has already been posted so I would not recommend bothering with this one now.

ineyaa
11-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Anyways a better work around has already been posted so I would not recommend bothering with this one now.
Do you mean this one? (http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/))

SucculentVinh
11-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Do you mean this one? (http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/))

Yep

MeFirstThenYou
11-24-2014, 02:31 PM
muscle memory ?

I beg to differ.

http://www.iatrum.de/Bilder/muskulatur/handmuskeln-10057w.jpg

Important question is if there is some proper and official comment from the devs about the problem at all?

Fhris
11-24-2014, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=Fernhundez;103
Important question is if there is some proper and official comment from the devs about the problem at all?[/QUOTE]

Untill now we only have a official "we will look into that".

DJ_Cas
11-24-2014, 03:49 PM
muscle memory ?

Say that when you smile you have no idea that 21 thousand of muscles on your face are activated ...

Do you even visit Biology at school? LOL

Some of you guys have no idea what is waiting for you in the future and I'm really scared for such of you who has no idea in simple things then holding mouse, clicking keyboard and tapping your iPhone with your hands.

P.S. That's similar case to "I have a head and I eat there"

BWX232
11-25-2014, 10:42 AM
I beg to differ.

http://www.iatrum.de/Bilder/muskulatur/handmuskeln-10057w.jpg

Important question is if there is some proper and official comment from the devs about the problem at all?

Don't bother with that guy, he's not too bright.

AndyBoardy
11-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Mouse control is still horrible after this patch, I'm still forced to play this game with a controller.

MeFirstThenYou
11-25-2014, 11:09 AM
So are there any plans to fix the controls?

fitzsteve
11-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Yes, as stated here:

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-GB/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-186291-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

They are looking into the Mouse Acceleration issue.

Making the previously suggested changes to the gamer profile and turning up mouse DPI if you have the option really helps and I'm having quite an enjoyable experience now. Not perfect but much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLD0XzEtHw

:)

hunter_scars01
11-25-2014, 11:53 AM
It's clever attempt, but for me it is still unchanged, slow movement lower sensi, fast movement higher sensi and the mouse still feels like it's skating on ice. We still need an official raw input fix for this.

ive got the exact same issue, none of these work arounds work at all for me

lets just hope that we get a patch soon

SucculentVinh
11-25-2014, 02:11 PM
ive got the exact same issue, none of these work arounds work at all for me

lets just hope that we get a patch soon

Did you try the one from reddit? It should work: http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/

itirix123
11-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Did you try the one from reddit? It should work: http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/

Yep, tried it myself it works. At least it worked before the update I don't know if it still works.

Scarhead666
11-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Hey everyone i think i have a way to fix this. in the GamerProfile.xml ( that you can find in documents/mygames/far cry 4 )you need to still change these to "0" MouseAcceleration, MouseAccelerationOn, UseMouseSmooth
Now i have found that for these 2 options its best to set them at "0.2" Smoothness, Smoothness_Ironsight
Also I have Sensitivity set at "0.592" but I think you could just set this to "1"
And lastly the thing that i found that helped the most for the mouse acceleration is setting MouseLookSensitivity to just this "" (no numbers at all )
This has helped me, its not 100% gone but the best i have figured out, and i have been searching all over for a fix but it seems no one has found one and i believe my solution to be the best so far.
hope this helps you out :)
Ps. all these changes are in the GamerProfile.xml and if you find the mouse movement to slow just increase the DPI on your mouse.

I did this and the result is that I hit heads while moving !!!! :D
The only small issue is that my G602 only has 2500 DPI and personally I'd prefer a faster aiming, but with a little practice it works great.
Thanks for that.

Fhris
11-26-2014, 03:58 PM
I did this and the result is that I hit heads while moving !!!! :D
The only small issue is that my G602 only has 2500 DPI and personally I'd prefer a faster aiming, but with a little practice it works great.
Thanks for that.

The reaction above yours with the reddit link is a newer and way better workaround since it takes away ALL acceleration.

Tuc0Ramirez
11-26-2014, 04:03 PM

Works great. Thank you, stuttering aside the game is now playable and am now enjoying it.

Should be a sticky.

xMiiSTY
11-26-2014, 08:23 PM
As fitzsteve has posted above, we ARE looking into this issue and plan to have a fix for it within one of our future PC patches.

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-186291-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

LoneRangerPL
11-27-2014, 06:01 PM
You should fix this before game launched or at least in 1.1 or 1.2 patch. PC game in XXI century that have problems with proper mouse working - shameful. Even more shameful is that you want to fix it in future patches. I complete the game with this inaccurate mouse rather than I see the update. This is major problem for PC gamers and you tell us that you will fix it in future. Shame on you Ubisoft!

Matt_2208
11-29-2014, 10:40 PM
As fitzsteve has posted above, we ARE looking into this issue and plan to have a fix for it within one of our future PC patches.

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-186291-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

And how long will we have to wait for this?

It's rather mind boggling why you would want to patch graphics before this...

Anyway I aint touching the game again until this is fixed, it's simply unplayable for me with this mouse acceleration BS..

ShmoeSOLID
11-29-2014, 11:06 PM

Really? One of your future PC patches? I just don't get it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2n5w68/far_cry_4_mouse_fix_tested_on_103/

This guy proves that changing only a couple of variables in some XML files fixes the problem. XML files, no where near the core game code. The incompetence of developers these days is truly astonishing. I know you guys have bigger bugs to iron out, but seriously... you guys can't take 10 minutes to fix something that is a HUGE game breaker for most of your paying customers? I don't even know what to say anymore. Just wow.

Galneryus
11-30-2014, 12:08 AM

After a lot of messing about, I managed to get smooth movement when looking around with my mouse. I'm not sure if it was what I did with the XML file, or something in the settings of the game.

But I do notice that the X/Y-axis sensitivities are both different. With my optimal sensitivity for what I like when looking left/right, it's far from normal when I look up and down.

Is this noticed by other PC players? As I have only seen 2-3 other people mentioning it. It really, really throws me off when I'm aiming in the game!

I went back on Far Cry 3 to check the difference. With the same optimal sensitivity in the game, I only have to move my mouse 2-3 centimetres to look from the sky to the ground. To do the same thing in Far Cry 4, I have to move my mouse 25 centimetres. I find this really annoying.

If this was done on purpose by Ubisoft (most likely because that's how it is for console gamers) then I would like an update to be able to make them the same, or adjustable fully by the player. I seriously can't play like this. I just keep getting shot while trying to look up and down and get enemies in my sights.

nznomad
03-02-2017, 07:57 PM
I know this thread is old, but I have been having this lag issue, and it seems others still are too, so I thought I would just post this little accidental discovery:

I tried all the mouse acceleration fixes, and none worked, but I have to say, for me the issue seems more of a delay in mouse response than an acceleration issue.

I have been messing around with settings and trying various things, and stumbled upon something by chance.

I logged out of Uplay, started it in offline mode, started FC4, and the problem was completely gone.
When I restarted Uplay in online mode, the problem was back.

Here's the weird bit though..
I then switched Uplay back to offline, and problem still there again.
It doesn't matter if Uplay is offline or online, problem is there.
However, if I log out of Uplay entirely, then restart it, but before logging in, click settings, then tick the "always start in offline mode", then the problem is gone when I run the game!

This is a nice temporary solution to play the game without the awful lag, but of course means I cannot play any online content.

Can anyone else who still has this problem check if this works for them too?
And can someone who maybe understands this stuff better then me explain why this fixes the mouse lag, and maybe this might give someone an idea what can be done to get it to work whilst online?

WID992007
03-03-2017, 01:32 AM
get a better mouse

no mouse lag om my Logitech G series mice (g 505 s and a G 502 S )
yea if i plug in a slow old MS mouse from 10 yrs ago that has low DPI ..its a bit slower

also remember your mouse drivers control your DPI rate as well as Windows as well as what usb port you plug into on some motherboards

everyone said there was a huge issue with the next FC game = Primal .. i never had an issue ..maybe because i set my DPI rate properly ..in both win 10 as well as WIN 8.1 and Win 7 ultimate and my games ..with the software..for my mice

WID992007
03-03-2017, 01:45 AM
yea your right ..blame the game for your inept settings on your system ...:nonchalance:

blame UBI ..and never look at your end ..your drivers and your system :lol :p

gotta be a UBI bug ....