PDA

View Full Version : Assassins' Creed Kart

Ygdrasel
11-18-2014, 12:52 AM
The following is a completely hypothetical idea that I found amusing. Take seriously at your own risk. :P

So I was talking to this friend of mine, a Nintendo devotee, and I showed her the Unity glitch with NPCs racing along on their butts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhl5yjMY0Ws). Then she suggested something: An AC racing game. Sounds ridiculous, right? Right. But then she started to piece together what sounded like a pretty entertaining game:

The various historical settings would make for neat racetracks. Rather than go-carts or whatever, you could have horses of varying speed and health, with carriages attachable to hold various offensive/defensive upgrades. Throwing daggers could be used to screw with an opponent's wheels or do some damage. The hidden blade could be an up-close option, moving in and slashing at the opponent, obscuring their way with blood in the eyes or taking some health off the racing horse (stables would be littered around the map for getting a new steed). Coins could be tossed to cause peasants and beggars to crowd in the path of enemy racers (running over not an option - go around or wait for them to disperse). Smoke bombs, for obvious use. Cherry bombs to spook the horses. Ramps and things could be set up around the track, and there could be accessible rooftop passages for shortcuts and ease of travel, with hookblade-operated ziplines (ala Revelations) for traversing the gaps. You could take down civilian targets (couriers, pickpockets) with throwing knives and such for bonus points, extra time, or usable items. Eagle Vision could be a special ability for detecting shortcuts. Something like Brotherhood's 'arrow storm' ability could be a special skill to distract and damage other racers, maybe the arrows stick in the ground for a time afterward to obstruct the path. And who knows how the Pieces of Eden might come into it...

Really, Ubisoft has enough bits and pieces spread across the entire Assassins' Creed series to make a pretty solid kart racer. XD

D.I.D.
11-18-2014, 12:58 AM
You want a game in which you throw daggers at horses and throw coins at the homeless. I mean, I thought Nintendo fans were sick, but... the depths.