PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Patch 2 Preview

Pages : [1] 2

xMiiSTY
11-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Below we have listed the current "Known Issues" in Far Cry 4 that will be addressed in our next update. We are continually working on identifying and resolving any issues that players experience while playing Far Cry 4, and we will provide more information as it becomes available.

In the meantime, be sure to install the latest Far Cry 4 patch (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953233-IMPORTANT-Download-the-%E2%80%9CDay-1%E2%80%9D-Patch).

Xbox 360

Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete the weapons collection even if they purchased every weapon (including main and side quests).
Fixed an issue that prevented players from accessing the Main Menu if they accepted a game invite from an inactive profile.

Xbox One

The correct error message is now displayed when the user tries to access the Options menu while paused when they are attempting to download a map while there is no connection to the Ubisoft servers.
The player will now return to the Main Menu if connection to Xbox Live is lost due to a disconnect during a host migration.
Users will no longer become stuck in an infinite loading loop if they attempt to change profiles while exiting a PvP session.

PS3

Players will now receive an error message if they are on a content restricted subaccount if they accepted a game invite while they were offline.
Players will no longer become stuck if they accept an invite while saving in the In-Game Editor.

PC

NVIDIA HairWorks fully enabled for GeForce GTX gamers.

PVP + Co-Op

The game will no longer freeze if a player accepts a Co-Op invite while in the Uplay App after quickly selecting a storage device.
Players will no longer experience very low FPS if they join a friend in a PvP lobbly while in the Uplay browser.
The game will no longer remain on a black screen if they use the Fast Travel feature immediately after the Bell Tower unlock cinematic.
Resolved certain issues that prevented a player from returning to the Story Mode from the Co-Op tab.

Progression

Players will now be able to achieve 100% progression if they do not drive a snowmobile when the vehicle is available.
Players will now be able to reach 100% progression after the "Day 1" Patch is applied.

Trophies

Corrected an issue where Trophies would not be rewarded for several weapons.

Main Menu

The player will now hear ambient sound if they return tot he Main Menu from the Uplay App.

rickvtv6
11-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Pc dolby fix please!!

Stro666
11-18-2014, 03:30 PM
The Pc need a fix for the Mouse acceleration, Raw input would be perfect.
We cant play this game like we should play a pc game. its horrible, pls fix the controls.
Mouse Acceleration make the game not enjoyable and is a gamebreaker. i dont play the mp but i am sure its unplayable with this acceleration.

TwistedEndz.
11-18-2014, 03:30 PM
what you need is key binding fixed !!!!!

Blackwolfe5
11-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Agreed, a proper way to turn off mouse acceleration would be great. Turning it off in the settings clearly doesn't actually turn it off. Neither does turning it off in the settings file.

As for the "Nvidia Hairworks".. I hope there will be an option to turn that off for better performance.

jaguar_328
11-18-2014, 03:44 PM
I honestly don't know if a single developer will read this comment but if somebody does can I kindly request that full support for resolutions other than 16:9 is added? I have a 16:10 monitor and I'm missing a good couple of inches of space on the top and bottom :( I imagine it would be even worse for people with 5:4 and 4:3 monitors (there's still a lot of these people around, as well as a lot of people with 16:10).

Ubisoft Developers, Please implement full aspect ratio support. If it ever happens then thank you in advance

Have a look at discussions like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/298110/discussions/0/624075374583561568/

People would really truly appreciate the extra effort.

Heav3n_
11-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Nvidia fur / hairworks is not working right now ?
It looks like it is on !
physic simulation is maybe not that much visible, but still it looks better than without, no ?

Brage1
11-18-2014, 04:10 PM
There is a problem with usb hardware like Logitech keyboards or devices like Nostromo or Tartarus ( Razer ). Some mouses crash the game too. It`s impossible to play for a huge number of customers, so this should be fixed soon.

Schnebular
11-18-2014, 04:37 PM
There is a problem with usb hardware like Logitech keyboards or devices like Nostromo or Tartarus ( Razer ). Some mouses crash the game too. It`s impossible to play for a huge number of customers, so this should be fixed soon.

Aparently 'hairworks" whatever the hell that does is more important then the fact that many folks cant even get past the black screen lockup ...I guess for those that can log in floofy looking hair would be tops of the list of priorities for PC players.

KableFIN
11-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Yes pelase Ubisoft fix the mouse problems. The game is quite unplayable otherwise for people that has been used to games like Battlefield etc.

Schnebular
11-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Cant help but think this one needed another month or two of development before launch

Stro666
11-18-2014, 04:47 PM
dont think so, cause the problems are not that big. everyone hopes for the new patch to get rid of the most of them. so there are just small but mayor issues they should and can solve it fast.

just opened "The acceleration Thread", pls feel free to reply, and discuss about the problem, we need to show how big the Problem actually is.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954031-The-acceleration-thread

DJ_Cas
11-18-2014, 04:47 PM
We cant play this game like we should play a pc game. its horrible, pls fix the controls.
Mouse Acceleration make the game not enjoyable and is a gamebreaker. i dont play the mp but i am sure its unplayable with this acceleration.

I sign with the words of this person. Raw input is a must have for PC gamers

Mouse movement must be in the list of Patch 2

kamelle
11-18-2014, 06:16 PM
[...]
PC

[...]

Yes, this is certainly of utmost importance to PC players. Especially to those who can't even get into the game cuz they dare to use USB hardware... :confused:
Seriously?

foot-extreme702
11-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Yes pelase Ubisoft fix the mouse problems. The game is quite unplayable otherwise for people that has been used to games like Battlefield etc.

I have exactly the same problem : I can not aim correctly because of mouse controls (same issue in Far Cry 3, i wasn't able to play correctly too). For people who are used to play real FPS games (from ubisoft or other editors (Battlefield 4 for example)) it is quite unplayable, and ruin the experience. I thought it would have been fixed in Far Cry 4 compared to Far Cry 3, but no, and I am really disappointed...

Hope this will be fixed soon, but as Ubi hasn't fixed it since Far Cry 3 launch, I despair it will be fixed...

BWX232
11-18-2014, 06:44 PM
It's 2015 almost, where the hell is my DTS / Dolby 5.1 surround! It was there in FC3! Come on!

mroessma
11-18-2014, 07:43 PM

Cannot agree more!
The key binding issue needs to be fixed - it makes the game unplayable!

TysonY2
11-18-2014, 07:49 PM
GAME BREAKING ISSUES ON PC:
Permanent mouse acceleration. Feels like I'm dragging my mouse across mud.
USB devices crashing the game. (What?)
FPS stuttering.
Various "blacked out" glitches.
Save games deleted and/or no longer saving.

loopingz
11-18-2014, 08:13 PM
How can I check if patch ! is installed? There is no "properties" on Uplay PC, it is freshly downloaded I even did a check integrity.
Anyway I cant start (grey screen windows seven) and I dont know how to verify the patch or force it.

phila-delphia
11-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Mouse Acceleration fix please - best make it a hotfix ;-)

Great game though!

Best regards

phila

How can I check if patch ! is installed? There is no "properties" on Uplay PC, it is freshly downloaded I even did a check integrity.
Anyway I cant start (grey screen windows seven) and I dont know how to verify the patch or force it.

You`ll see the Version Number in the down left in the Start Menue

staglianno
11-18-2014, 08:36 PM
UBISOFT please fix the mouse acceleration. feels like im controlling a joystick through my mouse fro freaks sake. I cant play like this, its ridiculous. I cant aim and it feels really sluggish.FORGET ABOUT WAITING FOR PATCH. RAW MOUSE IMPUT must be a HOTFIX RIGHT NOW!! and for the love of pixels, fix the stuttering. I cant believe these things are not fixed on release. IM THIS CLOSE to not buying another ubisoft game ever again.

GrekenmedG
11-18-2014, 08:48 PM
The game is having some big issues with the mouse lag, and mouse accelration, its unplayable....

Nemskiii
11-18-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Far Cry series and every game so far has ran, looked & been a great game. However, so far Far Cry 4 has been a disappointment due to ONE reason - The ridiculous mouse/lag/stuttering/acceleration crap that EVERYONE is having problems with.

This issue is an absolute game-breaker, it makes aiming difficult, throws the looks of the game down the drain, ruins the immersion & all fluid game-play and just makes the entire experience frustrating as hell.

But what is most annoying is that there is NO WAY this could of got past PC testing or quality control without being noticed by Ubisoft. The issue is FAR too common to just slip past. It's almost as if Ubisoft have completely ignored PC gamers on this and ignored the issue entirely, it needs fixing ASAP.

xsneaks420
11-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Please add raw input or a way to disable mouse acceleration!

mrbothered
11-18-2014, 09:08 PM

I cannot play this game due to a disability, I cannot play with the keyboard but there are no options to map controler settings. How hard can it be to let people bind the keys they want to the buttons they want. Please give us the basic options almost all other games have. This is a very poor oversight. :mad:

n0rpp
11-18-2014, 09:39 PM
I agree, Raw input is a must for any PC FPS game. Unplayable with no 1 on 1 movement. Play 1440p 50% sens 800 dpi.

Quasimodis
11-18-2014, 09:42 PM
SLI is giving me a lot of visual artifacts. Whole world being black, game getting darker each time I pause and unpause the game, image ghosting appearing after pausing and unpausing.

TonyAcker
11-18-2014, 10:24 PM
We need raw input for the mouse. Mouse settings in game do not function properly. XML changes do not fix the issue. Looking forward to this getting fixed so I can play.

nerinho78
11-18-2014, 10:52 PM
21:9 aspect ratio support please.

sjanssen15
11-18-2014, 11:03 PM
As you can see above and everywhere on the internet, the following things bother thousands of people:
- Mouse acceleration is a direct remap of a gamepad/controller (by porting the game from console to PC). Once a controller is plugged-in the aim is smooth because the mapping is made for this. Not for mouse.
- AMD graphics performance is unplayable for alot of people. Most R7 and R9 cards are having huge stutter and lag spikes throughout the whople game. Even with latest beta drivers and FC4 update. Reason I think this is because people can change settings from medium to ultra, it doesn't do a thing performance wise. Even on lowest settings you get the same lag spikes while driving or fast moving.

What I can conclude from this is that not a single person in the development team tested on an AMD machine since nvidia is spending on marketing throughout the game. It is unbelievable I fell for this again after buying Watch_dogs. I played 5 minutes and never played the game again but I lost my money. I own every Far Cry games since the release and it's a shame.

Every game has it's issues at release but choosing one side (nvidia) is just not respecting the job you have to perform: creating games for the masses.

nezhaibuok
11-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I bought this game today. And I am very disappointed of issues I. got. Graphics is lagging on motion. That is very annoying. Doesn't matter even I choose low. I got good PC and usually games works on high but in this case It doesn't even work good on low. And I am constantly experiencing some shadow squares in a background, It looks that is really nice game because FC3 is one of my favourite and I thing I was a little bit on the rush pre ordering this one, PLEASE FIX THE ISSUES.
Other thing you don't give a description how to download DAY1 PATCH so I still not sure Do I got it. ? Has it been downloaded automatic when I launch the game or not ? And if it did I doesn't look that you did a thing!

x8009bond
11-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Mouse Acceleration doesn't disabled even if it's OFF in the game settings, even if it's 0 on the gameprofile.xml

We just can't disable it.

Please add Mouse Input Raw in the settings ! it's impossible to play the game

Koretos
11-19-2014, 01:21 AM
I have got a i5 4690 and MSI gtx 970 gaming 4G SLI and I have about 100fps on NVivia textures. However I have microsturring with almost every move I make. I have the latest patch and the latest NVidia driver. What can I do to make the stuttering go away?

terry427
11-19-2014, 01:51 AM
agreed mouse is terrible, almost impossible to pay in some areas, Also fix it so if you allocate move forward to the right mouse button and it doesn't disable other functions. Ie you can't climb ropes and grappling, just terrible. It's all but impossible to drive a vehicle with that stupid W for forward and be expected to use A and D at the same time.

Starboard_Steve
11-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Need to fix the Xbox One controller support too, it's crazy how magic that thing is. Textures stop loading...unplug the controller and they load in instantly. Mission objective doesn't progress further....unplug controller and it does. Enemies don't appear.....unplug controller and hey presto there they are.

Hell even need to unplug it to get a reticule in the scopes. Now that's a crazy magic bug if I ever seen one.

Can't open a door?...unplug the controller and plug it back in again and your in, never leave your home without one!. "Xbox One Controller"....the source of everything in far cry bug fixing. Unless of course you just play the whole game with KB&M in which case the bug wouldn't apply to them.

Jokes aside though...yeah, please look into that, devs!.

Dreamic
11-19-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm also here to complain about Mouse Acceleration like everybody else. On Steam there is one thread with over 100 posts discussing the issue, as far as I'm concerned it's the biggest problem with the game, it is not playable unless I use my controller, the mouse is simply that bad.

How you guys are going to release a second patch, and still have the game not function properly with a mouse is amazingly dumb.
I suppose I'll just beat the game with my controller, because who knows when or even if you guys will fix this.

I'm sure Ubisoft will wonder why the FC4 PvP is dead instantly, good luck getting anyone to play competitively with mouse acceleration.

Also, if anyone at Ubisoft does pay any attention, notice how many times Mouse Acceleration has been mentioned. About 20 of these 36 posts ask to fix it, seems like you should probably do that then? Or you could just continue doing whatever you want, that's working great after all, stocks only went down like 10% after AC Unity.

nogobobo
11-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Im here to complain about not being able to get the game to start. Neither the campaign nor the map editor work. I use a logitech keyboard and a verbatim mouse which both connect via usb as most peripherals do these days. No I will not be altering MY computer just so I can play your game. My pc meets the required specs to run this game but it still doesnt work. Maybe someone in management could actually post to the forum to let us know what is happening, after all if we dont buy your games, then you dont get paid.

Dappy_Cappy
11-19-2014, 04:59 AM
I run at 1680x1050 and I find it ridiculous that I have black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, while others running at 16:9 aspect ratio can enjoy the game in fullscreen

Balls2Saggy
11-19-2014, 05:06 AM
Can someone please help me with this. I bought Far Cry 4 off steam, then i downloaded Uplay but every time I log in and try to activate my game code it says the Ubisoft Servers are down? Ive done the whole reset the DNS and such but nothing is working. Is anyone else having this problem? And if you know a way to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

davisburckhardt
11-19-2014, 05:30 AM
Almost all amd users are having issues with stuttering (including myself). Will this be addressed in the patch?

Toothless Spoon
11-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Hey, Ubisoft devs - thanks for the continued support. Can you please allow Nvidia Surround and Amd Eyefinity users access to FOV options. They are disabled when surround settings are selected - the current FOV seems even less then the default of 75. Trying to adjust it via ini tweaks doesn't work with I'm afraid - if this is fixed, it would easily be granted a gold standard.

regards

Spoonie

BWX232
11-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Key binding "bugs"!! Mouse wheel binding issues - Fix them!

Why is mouse wheel STUCK to be used for changing grenade type!? Mouse wheel is to important to be stuck being used for something so stupid! Let me assign a damned key for switching grenades type!

I cannot bind "page up" and "page down" or else my stupid mouse wheel doesn't work at all for anything!

Also- why the heck can't I change weapons with mouse wheel? I do not want to use stupid "weapon wheel" to change weapon every single time.
Why cant I assign "mouse wheel up" for "next weapon" and "mouse wheel down" for "previous weapon" just like every FPS in history!? This is ridiculous. Who came up with this crap? You did the same stupid thing in Blood Dragon.

Why can't I assign "mouse wheel up" to do one thing and "mouse wheel down" to do something else, and then still have mouse wheel zoom in and zoom out!?

This game's key binding and controls are broken if you don't want to or cannot use default controls. I am left handed and use the keys on the right side of keyboard. This game fights me all day trying to set it up! Some things are impossible to do at this point.

Why is "e" and "q" Stuck being "left" and "right" on map menu? My right hand is on the other side of the keyboard. I don't want to have to look down and hunt for keys on left side of keyboard all the time! Fix this crap.

FC3 is mostly fine except for a few key binding bugs of it's own, but FC4 is just about unplayable.

Also.. why is it that when you bind a control for "on foot", then sometimes you cannot bind that same control to do something else "in vehicle" for instance!? Why are they all connected and overlapping? It makes setting up controls on keyboard a nightmare and sometimes impossible.

Don't you people beta test?

amit878
11-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Fix the mouse acceleration, it's ****ing horrible, there is no way to turn it off, it's an fps game, how can I even aim like this?

Sirbats
11-19-2014, 08:35 AM
21:9 Support for Ultrawide Monitors
FOV Slider for 21:9 Setups
FOV Slider with amount of degrees
Mouse acceleration fix / Raw input
Dolby Digital Live fix (You might as well fix it for Watchdogs while your at it, plagued that failure since May.)
AMD Performance and stutter fix
Black Screening fix for the others!

It's like Watch Dogs all over again, but with a better storyline.

21:9 PROBLEMS: SCREENSHOTS Fov fix needed.

Borderless
http://i.imgur.com/eyjlo2l.jpg
Fullscreen
http://i.imgur.com/YJwHQtd.jpg
Borderless
http://i.imgur.com/kL4fg39.jpg
Fullscreen
http://i.imgur.com/WoCRcef.jpg
http://puu.sh/cWPDs/2042a31c47.jpg

Oh, but the fur is such a major issue!:mad:

shorty-1991161
11-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Hello Guys,

how can I check which Far Cry 4 Version is installed on my computer?

Does it possible to install the patches manual?

Greetings Randy

xDooga
11-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Please fix the Mouse Acceleration,

Here are some examples of if not hundreds of other players having the same problem!
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953862-PATHETIC-Mouse-Movement
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953307-Far-Cry-4-Mouse-mouse-acceleration-game-is-horrible-to-play
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954355-Please-add-raw-input-(ASAP-Top-Priority)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954031-The-acceleration-thread

dwdfw23
11-19-2014, 09:37 AM
UBI has got really ****ed up priorities... Basically you are just laughing us ****ing idiots paying for a game that won't even launch

Dreamic
11-19-2014, 09:46 AM
The amount of things that need fixing in this thread is gross, but it's okay guys, they're adding a setting to make hair prettier!
Great priorities, lets add features nobody is asking for instead of fixing everything everyone is asking for.

How do you screw up a thing like mouse acceleration but manage to implement a hair technology? Yet alone develop an entire game... how does something so simple remain broken....
You can develop Far Cry 4, but having a mouse work properly is what's difficult? I just don't understand you Ubisoft.

phila-delphia
11-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Hi there!

I experience very bad frametimes (jumping from 20ms to 600ms) in FC4 as well. Seems like a Texture streaming issue.

This should be fixed in the upcomming patch please.

Best regards

phila

Mads-Ejnar
11-19-2014, 09:55 AM
I got the Black shadows of just pure black problem :/
All shadow is just black, no texture or anything. I have tried all settings from LOW to NVIDIA/Ultra still the same.
Running Far Cry 4 V1.3 and nvidia 344.75
I have 2x 760GTX 4GB in SLI
I dont know if its Nvidia driver problem og Far Cry 4 problem

And Ubisoft.
You make games and i hope you will like that we love your game, and play it, but way skip testing on AMD?
I have nvidia but i dont thing is fair for the amd guys out there. and blame the performances on amd card? is just lasy testing and optimizing.
Im sorry for you amd guys :(

Renegade.TSF
11-19-2014, 10:27 AM
For the optimal Far Cry 4 experience, we highly recommend you download our “Day 1” patch through Uplay or Steam.

OK I will do that as soon as I find it..!!!!!

Where shall I look for it?

Or did it automatic install when I install the game yesterday?

Stro666
11-19-2014, 10:44 AM
OMFG

I,m getting so pissed, look at the mods, they cant even answer in a sticky thread.
what is wrong with u, its like the whole organisation is a bunch of braindeads zombies.

We ASK for things so u can ANSWER us.
Not that we can wait and hoping that the bugs and problems what far cry 4 have getting solved.
we need feedback, god damn. it makes me sick.

i mean thats the problem, u have 2 possible answers u can give us. u guys can say:"Dont worry we see ur problem and we try to solve it" and u can say:"FY guys, get used to it, we need money not working games"

so we have a decision, maybe the decision who is just fair. like wait and be happy we can play the game in some days or never ever buy a ubicrap game and make a competition to get our money back from u, cause u dont deserve it.

no u make what on the table and **** on ur community, thats 2014 guys, we have internet, no need to make games like in 1980.

we need raw input, we need a bunch of performance and graphic fix, we need a fix for the keybindings, no god damn hair **** so u can look how nasty those hair are while u cant or dont even want to play the game cause of all the issues.

sry for not beeing that polite, put is it rly that hard to give us some answers which give us some clarity.....:mad:

jasemcbride
11-19-2014, 10:53 AM
OMFG

we need feedback, god damn. it makes me sick.

:

Yep, feedback is the key, it would certainly make us feel better if we had regular updates.

Mads-Ejnar
11-19-2014, 10:54 AM
For the optimal Far Cry 4 experience, we highly recommend you download our “Day 1” patch through Uplay or Steam.

OK I will do that as soon as I find it..!!!!!

Where shall I look for it?

Or did it automatic install when I install the game yesterday?

Start the game and down in the right corner you can see the version of the game. Day 1 patch was V1.3 i think.
And the new patch will download by its self when you start steam or uplay.

Wolfwerew
11-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Add pls letterbox on/off option for 4:3, 5:4, 16:10 monitors cose most of us, our customers, hate to play with huge black bars on our monitors.
Common, this option was in Far Cry 3, simply return it in FC4 & we will be happy ^)

And fix mouse acceleration also.

harmwulf
11-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Add pls letterbox on/off option for 4:3, 5:4, 16:10 monitors.

:mad:

JohnnyBigodes_
11-19-2014, 11:31 AM
I should have know it.

Why the hell did i bought FC4??

I already had acceleration in FC3 and still bought FC4 in the hope Ubisoft hear the customers.

HELL NO. They dont want to hear us and so they gave us exactly the same problems that were there in FC3 incl. no mouse raw input.

I was disapointed to the point i didnt buy AC:Unity but bought FC4. From now on i wont buy any Ubisoft games anymore.

I really love your games, but they are just poorly optimized for PCs.

DONT FORGET to fix the microstutter too. That is the other thing that is really annoying.

vtorkalo
11-19-2014, 11:51 AM
I bought far cry 4 in steam. Game is present in list of my games but activation key is absent. Many people have the same issue.

And support of ubisoft and steam just ignores this terrible issue!!! NO ANY OFFICIAL INFORMATION.

I am waiting for 2 days.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????????!!!!!!

THIS IS LAST GAME THAT I BOUGHT FROM UBISOFT

a6ncf
11-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Per other threads, this is an issue that multiple people are experiencing too... hit play after downloading patch 1 - does not work - returns this error 0xc000007b and bombs out....

what a joke....

a6ncf
11-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Start the game and down in the right corner you can see the version of the game. Day 1 patch was V1.3 i think.

That's assuming you can even start the game.... which I wish I could do.... sort it out Ubisoft!! :(

a6ncf
11-19-2014, 12:23 PM
UBI has got really ****ed up priorities... Basically you are just laughing us ****ing idiots paying for a game that won't even launch

Yep, so many 0xc000007b error threads and posts - I feel sorry for the folks having all the binding and mouse issues but I also wish I could at least get to that point... not got the game launched one single time as yet.... support ticket says I'll get a response in a couple of days.... :mad:

GodOfCrickets
11-19-2014, 12:39 PM
The mouse control issue needs fixing immediately. The game is completely unplayable with the mouse controls so completely broken as they are now. As it stands right now, I bought a really expensive waste of hard drive space instead of a great game.

Mouse control is broken!

Mouse control is broken!

Mouse control is broken!

Please fix mouse control!

Renegade.TSF
11-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Thx. and yes its v1.3.0

I might be a idea if Uplay in the future lets us know that it will install automatic like they do in Steam.

AGoneCZ
11-19-2014, 12:55 PM
The most awesome thing about Uplay is: It has no manual patching option and it is KEEPING THE GAME ON VERSION 1.00...Support says donwload our most recent patch...CANĻT BE DONE YOU DIC*HEADS IF YOUR SOFTWARE IS UNABLE TO DO IT!!!!!!!

Any idea how to download the patch? (Game files integrity checked, it said itīs all fine)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Hi, the game should automatically patch when you click play and are connected to the internet. If this is not the case please open a ticket with Technical Support https://support.ubi.com

Stro666
11-19-2014, 01:07 PM
lol, and again, the typical: "the game patch itself" help, like the patch we got till now are not completely useless or thats one of the biggest problem of the community.

pls, say me, will we get a raw input or something like that, so we can play this game with a mouse, will the controls be patched, will the graphic issues be patched, will the "game dont work" issues be patched?

and if yes than when, we all wait, and the only thing we see is, that we getting hairworks who literally no one need or want right now.

Apostol...
11-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Fix the key binding, please! For example, when I remap the Right Mouse Button (default aiming), the "S" button (default backward) stops working at all and the Left Mouse Button (shooting) is remapped for "S" (default backward). Forced remapping in HIDInputRemapper.xml results in nothing. It seems like the game just resets some key mapping each time I launch it or something.

Mads-Ejnar
11-19-2014, 01:40 PM
one more thing. not that importen but still a error.
All cutscene for me is out of sync with the audio. 2-3 seconds.
I don't know if this only happen to me or not.

Stro666
11-19-2014, 01:46 PM
- or + the pirates, its the same

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsayforward.com%2Fsites%2Fdefa ult%2Ffiles%2Fext_image%2F5189_944d.gif&key=4v1RzioRvgybFLL9M4u70w&w=800&h=271

budyll
11-19-2014, 02:12 PM
I got a PC version of the game and I just got to the 4th mission, which is "Banapur Attack" (mission in which Banapur is burning). Mission description states that I'm supposed to clear the village from enemies, problem is though that not a single enemy is showing up for me!

I was trying to restart the mission multiple times, I've waited for nearly an hour walking around the village multiple times and all I had was 2 enemies in 2 buildings with destructible doors, after killing them the area was still yellow on the map and after about 30 more minutes, nothing more happened :mad:!
Not mentioning that every in-game cutscene is a black screen with in-game music, and they either load in about 20mins, or I can be stuck with such black screen even for an hour, and the only thing I can do is end its process in task manager :x!!
But why do I even write this Ubisoft? You won't read it let alone fix it anyways, and I'll just forever stay with unplayable game.
Far Cry 4 is the last game I'll ever buy from you again.

Stro666
11-19-2014, 02:17 PM
hahaha, u can write 1000times the same **** and u wont get help, or u rly think we all rage like rhinos cause they help us or give us patch information who not look like complete idiotic.

if u play with a controller, try to unplug the controller in the mission. someone got the problem that he need to unplug his controller everytime a event was startin. so he unplug and enemy get spawned, etc... just a try but atleast it maybe work.

palmlane
11-19-2014, 02:50 PM
With many people not able to even play the game because of major problems, They give us hair Thanks Ubisoft

jaguar_328
11-19-2014, 02:53 PM
hahaha, u can write 1000times the same **** and u wont get help, or u rly think we all rage like rhinos cause they help us or give us patch information who not look like complete idiotic.

if u play with a controller, try to unplug the controller in the mission. someone got the problem that he need to unplug his controller everytime a event was startin. so he unplug and enemy get spawned, etc... just a try but atleast it maybe work.

Can somebody please ban this guy from life? His posts are giving me cancer and are not helping anybody.

Stro666, please stop posting.

Stro666
11-19-2014, 03:11 PM
lol, i dont know if u read my post completely but i actually try to help this guy, cause i read some other thread where someone was complaining about the wierd xbox360 controller bug he got. maybe it doesnīt help him, ye but maybe it will help. i canīt say that, cause i dont play the game till its enjoyable and i dont even understand ur problem, i was just sayin the truth as someone who is 2 days at this forum instead of playin a game where i payed enough money for to complain about the amount of feedback and help we get with our problems. iīm sry u get cancer from my posts, but i cant help u with that, thats ur problem.
i only saw that budyll edit, delete and copy, paste his own post without sense, so i was trying to explain that would be change nothing and also try to help.. so ehm, ye.. like u think bro. dont read my replys and i wish u good luck with ur serious disease where nobody should make jokes about. :nonchalance:

rickvtv6
11-19-2014, 03:49 PM
lol, i dont know if u read my post completely but i actually try to help this guy, cause i read some other thread where someone was complaining about the wierd xbox360 controller bug he got. maybe it doesnīt help him, ye but maybe it will help. i canīt say that, cause i dont play the game till its enjoyable and i dont even understand ur problem, i was just sayin the truth as someone who is 2 days at this forum instead of playin a game where i payed enough money for to complain about the amount of feedback and help we get with our problems. iīm sry u get cancer from my posts, but i cant help u with that, thats ur problem.
i only saw that budyll edit, delete and copy, paste his own post without sense, so i was trying to explain that would be change nothing and also try to help.. so ehm, ye.. like u think bro. dont read my replys and i wish u good luck with ur serious disease where nobody should make jokes about. :nonchalance:

Your English is a bit broken, but I would just like to say that I am using a genuine M$ wireless receiver and controller and it works fine. I had issues with a 3rd party receiver I was using before, but now it is fine. I think I know the post you are referring to, I advised them to go into the game pad calibration and reset it, and if no luck, calibrate it.

But so many issues so far. The only one I have is DD support, so I guess I'm lucky in sense.

Has anyone tried changing the data in GamerProfile.xml and GFXSettings.FarCry464.xml

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/far-cry-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

Hopefully all these issues are addressed promptly. I don't think I will play it until then :(

AramisHUN
11-19-2014, 03:58 PM
FIX the black screen please!!!!

kcantrel
11-19-2014, 04:05 PM
In case Ubisoft is counting complaints to assess priorities, +1 on the mouse rebinding problem. (i.e. binding forward to the RMB causes backward to be assigned to the LMB). Driving a car is almost impossible using the default key bindings.

wukagames
11-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey Ubisoft fixing the negative mouse acceleration on the PC version should have been your first priority. You are easily losing your customer base as this is one of the most vital aspect of a FPS game... If one can't even aim properly in a damn FPS game what's the point in buying your future games that you can't even implement properly.

DJ_Cas
11-19-2014, 04:19 PM
-Fix dat slow scrolling for map zooming. Or at least provide us an option to control the speed scrolling

budyll
11-19-2014, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the reply man but I tried it yesterday already (when the game became available in UK) but it doesn't help a bit unfortunately.
I simply don't understand one thing though, how could this game be released when it seems that none of the testers or any dev on that matter actually finished all story missions on PC? I understand that not all of the issues could come up while testing an open world game, but omitting such huge issues in the main missions in a game? That's pure laziness.

Geez, this is seriously my last ever game from Ubi. I experienced what was happening with Watch_Dogs on PC, and to this day this game has unplayable framerates and many other issues, from what I heard from few of my friends AC: Unity is in the same unplayable state as Watch_Dogs was and still is for many, me included; not mentioning that after Watch_Dogs PC release fiasco, Ubi claimed that it won't happen with their next PC release.
Here we are 2 games later, and both of them came out to be totally untested :x.

a6ncf
11-19-2014, 05:34 PM
How about a fix for us poor saps who bought and now can't even start the damn thing?!?

Blackscreens, crashes, freezing or just will not start - noted in various threads!

scannerbarkly
11-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi, the game should automatically patch when you click play and are connected to the internet. If this is not the case please open a ticket with Technical Support https://support.ubi.com

Not to be trite but the game should do a lot of things. The game should, for example, work. For many customers it does not. The game should auto-patch, for many customers it does not. Any issues logged with Technical support should be answered in a timely fashion, for many customers they will not. We are now approaching the 48 hour mark that the game has been available to the public and yet many, many of your customers are still unable to even launch the game.

It is also impossible to consider this an isolated incident for Ubisoft with the PR gaffs surrounding the company recently, the misrepresentation of Watch Dogs in the E3 reveal, the subsequent botched launch of WatchDogs, AC Unity and Far Cry 4. That is 3 major IPs the company has been unable to release this year in a manner that would be deemed professional. Off the top of my head the only games you managed to bring to market recently without some shambles occurring are Child of Light and Valiant Hearts.

Now, whilst I understand that non of this is your own personal doing you do get paid to be contact point for the company so I will ask you the following questions. Have Ubisoft learned anything from this at all? Did the 10% drop in share value on AC:Unity launch day scare you guys in that slightest and strike you as being indicative that both consumers and investors are losing faith in Ubisofts ability to deliver a quality product to market without issues? Finally, as we move forward into the further development and eventual launch of Siege and The Division are there any changes to be implemented to ensure that from this point on Ubisoft titles are actually worth buying early in their lifecycle.

I would like to see these questions asked by a games journalist with a bigger platform but they never really seem to get around to asking them, instead focusing on whatever it is that catches their eye but I figured hey, why don't I just ask them myself.

bonorbitz
11-19-2014, 05:50 PM

Yes, please fix the mouse acceleration that still occurs even if the setting is turned off. Also, please look into the horrible stuttering/hitching/sudden drop in frame rate that occurs on mid to high level machines. One other suggestion would be to change the FOV setting to actually inform the user as to the degrees of the view, instead of a bar that doesn't relay any specific information.

Thank you!

BWX232
11-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Look at these gfx bugs. WTF UBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laoDkW3s1uw

marc.4444
11-19-2014, 06:21 PM

+1 key binding !

Ace26262
11-19-2014, 06:25 PM
So, if everybody is just writing everything that needs to be fixed in this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953634-playthrough-prologue-then-crash-HELP-PLS!!?p=10358328#post10358328

In this thread I and some other people are discussing the problem that the game just crashes after the prologue and it is not possible to load that file. As you can see in the thread there are some possible solutions, so maybe if someone suffers from this there are some clues, but it definetly needs fixing.

wootwoots
11-19-2014, 06:39 PM
FIX THE STUTTER ON PC..

For god sake... that game is just destroying my eyes with thoses stuttering...
As usual... terribad work at optimization even with that old engine + somes little "next gen" effect...

Having proper key bind change recognization for the rope would be nice too -_-" ( need to switch back to default setting for aim / jump to use the rope... )

drxdidi
11-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Hahaha!

I am laughing my head off!
Patch 2 NVidia Utilitis...hahahaha

I can`t even start the game, because Ubisoft is selling a game, wich isn`t
working!
It is like buying a car, hoping that the engine starts...but it doesn`t
Blackscreen and no feedback from the game.
-->therefor i don`t need anything from NVidia.

hahaha

greetings from Austria
Didi

TrueNightshade
11-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Hell, I want to know what they're going to do for PS3 because we're still waiting for an update about it.

budyll
11-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I got over random crashes every 15-20mins for no apparent reason, but being stuck with no reticule in any of the "scopes" in the game EXACTLY like in Far Cry 3 is just enough :mad:! I got a "red dot" sight in my assault rifle and a sniper attachment for my bow. Both of these are transparent and doesn't include anything to show me where the bullet/arrow will hit :x.

Did anyone came across this issue in Far Cry 4 on PC and knows how to fix it? Fixes from Far Cry 3 won't work.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/34e5bv9.jpg

mangler_88
11-19-2014, 08:17 PM
where the **** is patch v1.04? it downloaded to my game and then it reverted back to v1.03, WTF??!?!

maidintaiwan
11-19-2014, 09:36 PM

Roccat Tyon Crushes the game as well....
its a new mouse specially for FPS.... while it can't be use in a FPS Game.....

please fix it as soon as possible....

MjrOu812
11-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Below we have listed the current "Known Issues" in Far Cry 4 that will be addressed in our next update. We are continually working on identifying and resolving any issues that players experience while playing Far Cry 4, and we will provide more information as it becomes available.

In the meantime, be sure to install the latest Far Cry 4 patch (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953233-IMPORTANT-Download-the-%E2%80%9CDay-1%E2%80%9D-Patch).

Xbox 360

Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete the weapons collection even if they purchased every weapon (including main and side quests).
Fixed an issue that prevented players from accessing the Main Menu if they accepted a game invite from an inactive profile.

Xbox One

The correct error message is now displayed when the user tries to access the Options menu while paused when they are attempting to download a map while there is no connection to the Ubisoft servers.
The player will now return to the Main Menu if connection to Xbox Live is lost due to a disconnect during a host migration.
Users will no longer become stuck in an infinite loading loop if they attempt to change profiles while exiting a PvP session.

PS3

Players will now receive an error message if they are on a content restricted subaccount if they accepted a game invite while they were offline.
Players will no longer become stuck if they accept an invite while saving in the In-Game Editor.

PC

PVP + Co-Op

The game will no longer freeze if a player accepts a Co-Op invite while in the Uplay App after quickly selecting a storage device.
Players will no longer experience very low FPS if they join a friend in a PvP lobbly while in the Uplay browser.
The game will no longer remain on a black screen if they use the Fast Travel feature immediately after the Bell Tower unlock cinematic.
Resolved certain issues that prevented a player from returning to the Story Mode from the Co-Op tab.

Progression

Players will now be able to achieve 100% progression if they do not drive a snowmobile when the vehicle is available.
Players will now be able to reach 100% progression after the "Day 1" Patch is applied.

Trophies

Main Menu

The player will now hear ambient sound if they return tot he Main Menu from the Uplay App.
How about the Ps4 I see every platform but the Ps4?

budyll
11-19-2014, 11:12 PM
PEOPLE BEWARE!

People if you're having random crashes, missions not loading properly (objectives not working), stuttering problems etc. DO NOT under any circumstances try to play this game with a controller!

I had a huge pile of problems. I couldn't finish the mission "Banapur Attack" as the waves of enemies simply weren't showing up. All of my scopes were blank and had no reticles. My game was randomly crashing without any errors and for no reason as my CPU & GPU temperatures were normal about every 15-20mins. Not mentioning that it was stuttering like crazy while driving.
I was playing the game using X360 controller, I've unplugged it and I was playing the game for 3.5hrs straight without any of the above issues. I've plugged it in again and all of the above issues came back.

Hopefully this post will help somebody :)/

PS. There's a question I'd like to ask: How can a controller cause so many bugs/glitches? What does it have to do with the game code anyway?

TrueNightshade
11-19-2014, 11:52 PM
How about the Ps4 I see every platform but the Ps4? Dude, if you even look at it, it doesn't say anything about how the game isn't working at all for PS3, have you noticed that? But yeah, not being anything for PS4 isn't right either

ZTREE
11-20-2014, 12:50 AM
its a shame that the PC version is so broken but yet the patch notes talk about hair. once the game is fixed i will play till the end then delete UPLAY off of my PC. I was so excited about the crew but after this ill be staying far away from ubisoft.

elrosith88
11-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Having to Tab out to load in stuff at times, even at loading screen have to tab out to make it continue, please patch this. It's annoying while playing missions and hunting, having to tab out each time I need stuff to load in game and continue on.

Deitus67
11-20-2014, 01:57 AM

Agreed it is totally nerfed right now. Using LMB for Fire and RMB for forward disables backward key and Rope Climb. Totally ridiculous.

rickvtv6
11-20-2014, 02:03 AM
My game was running, until it froze and I had to force it to desktop. Now I am getting a constant "Stopped Working" error EVERY time I try to run the game. Fault module is d3d11.dll

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME UBI?

Devst8nDscoDve
11-20-2014, 02:05 AM
My game was running, until it froze and I had to force it to desktop. Now I am getting a constant "Stopped Working" error EVERY time I try to run the game. Fault module is d3d11.dll

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME UBI?
This happens with a driver crash and a restart usually fixes it.

cranberrysauce
11-20-2014, 02:26 AM
I could play farcry 3 great with 1920x1080 resolution on ultra settings, with farcry 4 i'm having to run it on the highest 720 resolution with only high settings! The game needs to be fixed to run better, there is a serious problem here, and it's not with my system.

cranberrysauce
11-20-2014, 02:29 AM
GAME BREAKING ISSUES ON PC:
Permanent mouse acceleration. Feels like I'm dragging my mouse across mud.
USB devices crashing the game. (What?)
FPS stuttering.
Various "blacked out" glitches.
Save games deleted and/or no longer saving.

Way more than fps stuttering, in farcry 3 I could max the graphics out with 1080 resolution. I'm having to run farcry 4 with 720 resolution on high and it still doesn't run smooth! Something needs to be fixed badly! (Double post, sorry, didn't know how to use the commenting system.)

MjrOu812
11-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Dude, if you even look at it, it doesn't say anything about how the game isn't working at all for PS3, have you noticed that? But yeah, not being anything for PS4 isn't right eitherI hear ya.....and yes ive read it?

Renegade.TSF
11-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I could play farcry 3 great with 1920x1080 resolution on ultra settings, with farcry 4 i'm having to run it on the highest 720 resolution with only high settings! The game needs to be fixed to run better, there is a serious problem here, and it's not with my system.

I have no real problems in FC3 - but FC4 is a mess

UbiMegan
11-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Passing along a few updates from our Live Updates Blog (http://Live Updates Blog):

The issue players were having with the "Corrupt Data" error should be fixed. You can find more information, here. (http://far-cry.ubi.com/fc4/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185608-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)
We are also planning an update (Current ETA: Friday) to address PC users who are encountering "black screens" due to USB peripherals. More information is available, here. (http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185596-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

Patch 1.4.0 (the one that addresses the PC Black Screens) should contain a few other updates as well. We'll be posting the patch notes as soon as they become finalized.

iShepel
11-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Things to be fixed:

1. Stably LOW FPS on a medium specs machine, not depending on which settings is set, all to low or all to high. Laptop Core i7, ram 8gb, SSD, GT555M. It seems the FPS sometimes drops down to 2-5/s. Windows have been refreshed month ago, all drivers are up to date.
2. Mouse acceleration issue.
3. My copy not sinchronizing to cloud my saved games. Re-installed uplay and far cry, but the problem is still.
4. Uplay showing that I owned season pass, but the game didnt see it. Game still offers me it to buy.

Far cry 4 russian language, v 1.3.0.

And regarding Uplay, fix that annoying thing that uplay doesnt remember me!!! every time I logging in to uplay i check the box to remember me, but after restarting uplay it asking me to log in!!!

exige2001
11-20-2014, 03:23 PM
I'm having the no audio issue also for Dolby 5.1 through an optical cable from motherboard to amp, but i've also tried switching my AV receiver to two channel stereo only and i still have no audio at all in game.......PLEASE FIX?

Dreamic
11-20-2014, 04:11 PM
So patch 1.4.0 doesn't fix mouse acceleration despite the 130+ post topic on these forums about it? Seriously?

You would think making the devices used to play games on PC work properly would be high on the list of priorities

Hammerark
11-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Hey everyone,

Passing along a few updates from our Live Updates Blog (http://Live Updates Blog):

The issue players were having with the "Corrupt Data" error should be fixed. You can find more information, here. (http://far-cry.ubi.com/fc4/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185608-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)
We are also planning an update (Current ETA: Friday) to address PC users who are encountering "black screens" due to USB peripherals. More information is available, here. (http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185596-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)

Patch 1.4.0 (the one that addresses the PC Black Screens) should contain a few other updates as well. We'll be posting the patch notes as soon as they become finalized.

Yay, thanks Megan, I was hoping for a rough ETA so I could at least have some hope of playing the game properly soon. I hate having to use a 360 pad for FPS games.

Renegade.TSF
11-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone,

I did a test and removed all USB units I have except mouse and KB - and the game ran a bit better - untill I saved and exit - then it crash and went black.- but It gave me 2 hours of game play.

BUT the last crash was one to many - I had to run a complete check of the system and reinstall last system save-point - remove the Crossfire.

I guess no PC like to crash so many times without it can give some serious trouble - So no more FC4 untill after the next patch.

Ishareus
11-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Get your Siht together.

Why would you ad a button which sayīs "SAVE AND EXIT" and the game doesīnt save but well jeah it does Exit!
Whats that Hell?

And

Fix the Issues with the Nvidia Graphic Cards.

Several Crashes while in loading screen, several game crashes inbetween the FIRST 25 meter you are able to controll A.J. by your own.
Crashes after get in the Truck AND the best thing are the crashes AFTER a savepoint which are doing NOTHING.

So you could say i saw the Electro Torture Scene in the beginning abount 25 - 30 Times.

These Fixes would be better then Add somthing with "Hair blabla"

Sincerly,

a NOT AMUSED Gamer

Capkill999
11-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi Ubisoft. Can you confirm if you guys will be fixing the co-op aspect so that the player joining a co-op match will also be able to save progress much the same way the hosting party can already?

Murderotica926
11-20-2014, 07:09 PM
I can't believe the whole mouse acceleration thing is even a discussion here. Like honestly, do the developers actually think that any PC gamer would ever want mouse acceleration or smoothing? I think anyone who ever uses a PC will agree that it's something you dont want, ever. Why would anyone want their mouse to do anything other than exactly what they are telling it to do, especially in a first-person shooter? Ridiculous. 1:1 raw input should be the default.

Honestly though, the stuttering/hitching/game-running-like-crap problem is an even bigger problem than the mouse input, and MUST be addressed before anything else. With Very High/Ultra textures enabled, the game is simply unplayable with how bad the stuttering is, even on very powerful PCs. Please address this ASAP, I really want to enjoy the game I paid full-price for, but it's just unacceptable in its current state.

BlutVampir
11-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Yea, its important to fix HairWorks vom NVidia. How much cash do you receive for supporting that?

But please dont forget the other small issues:

save button
- only autosave is working, save, save & quit is not working, all progress is lost

flickering
- If AA is enabled then I get an enormous flickering on SLI.

dark shadows, black night while playing on SLI
- on Far Cry 3 settings, the dark shadow is gone, but flickering is coming up equaless of AA setting

random crashes
- Game crashes randomly on same spot. Like first outpost to liberate (30 crashes on same message when near the outpost), needed to make annother mission first, then the outpost to suceed.

Shortcut for overjump cutscene videos
- as there is always in front of the video an autosave, after restart, the cutscene runs again. :/ Very funny to see 10 times the same video.

FOV Setting missing
- Please make the FOV slider work with Nvidia Surround and Eyefinity too.

Black starting screen
- fix USB devices like G13

Co-op
- Play together the campain should be possible is on the same state of the story. Let the player decide if he wants or not to save in front of get into a session

Mouse issue
- Raw input posibility

Afterwards call the Game Beta and test another round before releasing...

rickvtv6
11-20-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm having the no audio issue also for Dolby 5.1 through an optical cable from motherboard to amp, but i've also tried switching my AV receiver to two channel stereo only and i still have no audio at all in game.......PLEASE FIX?

Have you tried changing it in Windows Playback Devices (right click the speaker icon near the clock) set the desired playback device's default format (like your SPDIF, go to the advanced tab) to any 2 channel format your decoder is compatible with, but it must be only 2channel, say 2ch/16bit/96k etc. I have the same problem as you, despite the box stating DD and DTS playback. Took me a while to figure out that stupid *** problem...:mad:

Ishareus
11-20-2014, 09:16 PM
save button
- only autosave is working, save, save & quit is not working, all progress is lost

Not even the autosave function works properly.

And here u get a Screenshot of the Issues after EVERY Gamecrash.

Drivers are up to date FYI

http://imgur.com/Rhg1SxJ

SPARTACUS_QC
11-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Not even the autosave function works properly.

And here u get a Screenshot of the Issues after EVERY Gamecrash.

Drivers are up to date FYI

http://imgur.com/Rhg1SxJ

You have this message because you overclock your graphic card too high . Lower your settings and it should stop .

Jessie0925
11-20-2014, 11:45 PM

Xbox 360

Xbox One

PS3

PC

PVP + Co-Op

Progression

Trophies

Main Menu

Alright well what about the PS4 issues where after you send a friend a key to kyrat, they cannot accept the invite, even after downloading the trial? Just comes up with a message saying "unable to perform this function right now. please try again later" or something like that. We've tried everything, followed every step correctly, and they are STILL unable after a few days to join.

Ishareus
11-21-2014, 12:07 AM
You have this message because you overclock your graphic card too high . Lower your settings and it should stop .

Actually i haveīnt overclocked anything in my System.
Neither CPU or Graphics Card.

I only get those errors when Farcry 4 Crashes.

I can play D3, Hearthstone, Borderlands, CoD AW, or several other Games with no such Error.
In Farcry 4 i get it after a playtime from about 2-4 Minutes.

BWX232
11-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Why are they COMPLETELY SILENT about mouse lag/acceleration/ delay..- whatever the heck it is- problem?

WTF UBI.. fix it.

rickvtv6
11-21-2014, 01:58 AM

I can play D3, Hearthstone, Borderlands, CoD AW, or several other Games with no such Error.

Yeah, but the reason why the game is crashing to desktop is because of the "Nvidia driver has stopped responding" message.
FC4 is a pretty graphic intensive game and will make the card heat up quite a bit. If it's not over-clocked, then there could be another issue with the card, or maybe even try re-installing the Nvidia drivers and selecting "clean install". But first run GPU-Z in the background and monitor its status when you run the game until it crashes so you can get an idea of why the card is causing the driver to crash. IMO if it's not clock issues, heat or driver, then your card could be defective (it could also need to be just stripped down and cleaned).

m0therpuncher22
11-21-2014, 02:58 AM
Wait a minute, we have saves messing up progress, and mouse issues and the only fix you have is for hairworks? Your priorities are exactly as I expected them to be I suppose.. what a joke.

Dreamic
11-21-2014, 03:27 AM
Wait a minute, we have saves messing up progress, and mouse issues and the only fix you have is for hairworks? Your priorities are exactly as I expected them to be I suppose.. what a joke.

The game was clearly unplayable with how the hair previously was, it lacked volume and shine, now it's bouncy and lushous, how fabulous!

rickvtv6
11-21-2014, 03:52 AM
The game was clearly unplayable with how the hair previously was, it lacked volume and shine, now it's bouncy and lushous, how fabulous!

***n LOL. Had a good laugh with that :cool:

monkeh722
11-21-2014, 04:20 AM
http://newsletter.ubisoft.com/en-GB/trigger/FC4/PreOrder.html
I've been waiting more than 12 hours for that second email Ubisoft!!! Get your act together. Give us what we paid for. Whether its a pre order code or a game which works!
Plus, I'm on PS4. The console you didn't mention!!

rickvtv6
11-21-2014, 04:36 AM
http://newsletter.ubisoft.com/en-GB/trigger/FC4/PreOrder.html
I've been waiting more than 12 hours for that second email Ubisoft!!! Get your act together. Give us what we paid for. Whether its a pre order code or a game which works!
Plus, I'm on PS4. The console you didn't mention!!

Dude, I have been waiting 3 days now for that Email lol You will have to submit a ticket and get in line I guess :mad:

RibbonHunter
11-21-2014, 07:58 AM
Are there any plans to fix coop for the second person in the game so they make map progress as well?

Renegade.TSF
11-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Why are they COMPLETELY SILENT about mouse lag/acceleration/ delay..- whatever the heck it is- problem?

WTF UBI.. fix it.

Because they have no idea how to fix this and all the other problems.

To fix some of the problems they found out if we removed all our extra USB attached gear it might solve some problems .. sort of solve and maybe not ..

But the mouse issue ... well they cant ask us to remove the mouse to fix that problem - LOL

Renegade.TSF
11-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah, but the reason why the game is crashing to desktop is because of the "Nvidia driver has stopped responding" message.
FC4 is a pretty graphic intensive game and will make the card heat up quite a bit. If it's not over-clocked, then there could be another issue with the card, or maybe even try re-installing the Nvidia drivers and selecting "clean install". But first run GPU-Z in the background and monitor its status when you run the game until it crashes so you can get an idea of why the card is causing the driver to crash. IMO if it's not clock issues, heat or driver, then your card could be defective (it could also need to be just stripped down and cleaned).

Its the game that have problems - not his card or drivers

rickvtv6
11-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Its the game that have problems - not his card or drivers

I know the game has a lot of problems, but haven't you ever overclocked something, ran a benchmarking application and all is fine, then try a different benchmarking tool, and suddenly there is a driver failure from the card reverting to it's bios defaults? Or a CPU halt due to TJ limits reached? Games will always work in the same manner.

Pretty sure we are all in the shlt boat together, I'm just trying to throw someone the easy to do basics to help before giving up. Hell, I spent over an hour screwing around just to get audio working on mine, only to come here and discover all the other issues lol

But we shall continue to return to this thread and spit back and forth and pray that they actually pay attention and hopefully fix most of, if not all the issues that prevent from playing this title.

Renegade.TSF
11-21-2014, 10:23 AM
I know the game has a lot of problems, but haven't you ever overclocked something, ran a benchmarking application and all is fine, then try a different benchmarking tool, and suddenly there is a driver failure from the card reverting to it's bios defaults? Or a CPU halt due to TJ limits reached? Games will always work in the same manner.

Pretty sure we are all in the shlt boat together, I'm just trying to throw someone the easy to do basics to help before giving up. Hell, I spent over an hour screwing around just to get audio working on mine, only to come here and discover all the other issues lol

But we shall continue to return to this thread and spit back and forth and pray that they actually pay attention and hopefully fix most of, if not all the issues that prevent from playing this title.

Try read what he says:

Originally Posted by Ishareus View Post

Its FC4 who have problems - not his or mine or anybody else system.

Steve_t38
11-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Firstly, I'd like to say that some people are almost shouting abuse at Ubisoft. This probably doesn't help anyone. Agreed they have a few bugs that should have been ironed out prior to release but we are where we are and hopefully constructive comments will get results.

The issues I am having are key mapping that are driving me crazy. I can't climb ropes or the Grapple unless I remap the keys to something else other than the mouse. I walk backwards when firing the Bow. The mouse lag / acceleration is awful and my games do not appear to save.

What concerns me is that Ubisoft had key mapping issues with FC3 and they never resolved them. I hope we get a better result with FC4.

I would like confirmation from Ubisoft that they are actually reading this forum and an acknowledgement of the issues raised by everyone. At least we know then the issues are being looked at.

rickvtv6
11-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Try read what he says:

Yes I can "read what he says", but if you can not comprehend what I was attempting to suggest (which was not just being specified at an over clocked component) then I am at a loss. I could explain this in simpler terms, but you are stuck on your mainstreamed path. <SarcasmContainer> I shall eagerly await for my display driver to hang </SarcasmContainer>

Renegade.TSF
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Yes I can "read what he says", but if you can not comprehend what I was attempting to suggest (which was not just being specified at an over clocked component) then I am at a loss. I could explain this in simpler terms, but you are stuck on your mainstreamed path. <SarcasmContainer> I shall eagerly await for my display driver to hang </SarcasmContainer>

No you can be so technical you like to be - Im a IT Engineer and have a bachelor.

It seems like its you who dont really understand the extent of the problems the user faces.

99% of the problems with this game is for now not user related (normally they are but not this time )- Its the game it self who have problems and your suggestions and answers tells me that you are out of your league.

Ishareus
11-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Try read what he says:

Quote Originally Posted by rickvtv6

As i said i didnt overclock anything, i always install the "Clean Version" out of the Nvidia eforce Experience Tool.
And i tried your Tip with the GPU-Z
Here are the Results of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M SLI

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/11/21/b87.png

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/11/21/3ph.png

I hope that answered your further questions.

Iīm sorry to tell you but its the GAME with the Issues.

Ubisoft failed in Prduce a Game which FITS the Driver, nvidia tried to "fix" the problem with a driver update but that failed also,
so Ubisoft is the one in Charge to CHANGE/Solve the Problems

rickvtv6
11-21-2014, 02:29 PM
As i said i didnt overclock anything, i always install the "Clean Version" out of the Nvidia eforce Experience Tool.
And i tried your Tip with the GPU-Z
Here are the Results of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M SLI

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/11/21/b87.png

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/11/21/3ph.png

I hope that answered your further questions.

Iīm sorry to tell you but its the GAME with the Issues.

Ubisoft failed in Prduce a Game which FITS the Driver, nvidia tried to "fix" the problem with a driver update but that failed also,
so Ubisoft is the one in Charge to CHANGE/Solve the Problems

I was never saying the game was not a developer of problems, but I didn't realize you were trying to play it on a laptop or a 5 series.
All I can say is that I am sorry for misunderstanding your situation (I had assumed you were using a workstation setup and I tend to forget about laptop gaming, despite owning an X14), I have never had a game cause the display driver to hang from bad coding and am yet to experience it, usually it is just end users or environment variables.
Sometimes I just put myself out there and try to help out others, you know? :confused:
It does not matter now, but the "Sensors" tab in GPU-Z is the one that contains the information you would want.

No you can be so technical you like to be - Im a IT Engineer and have a bachelor.

It seems like its you who dont really understand the extent of the problems the user faces.

99% of the problems with this game is for now not user related (normally they are but not this time )- Its the game it self who have problems and your suggestions and answers tells me that you are out of your league.

I am proud of you, having a paper asset. I am sorry you got so hurt over this conversation. At the end of the day, I was trying to help someone from giving them advice from real world experiences (unfortunately I did not know that it was a laptop being used), you stormed in like a Mute Swan on a rampage.
So here is something I prepared earlier to help your Denmark-kiddish ego:

HEIL CDCRenegade, I AM SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME. PLEASE, DO YOU STILL HAVE LOVE FOR ME?

Anyway, HOPEFULLY you and everyone else will get to enjoy this damn game soon, because on a GTX980 maxed and altered .xml files, it looks beautiful.

Ishareus
11-21-2014, 02:53 PM
I was never saying the game was not a developer of problems, but I didn't realize you were trying to play it on a laptop or a 5 series.
All I can say is that I am sorry for misunderstanding your situation (I had assumed you were using a workstation setup and I tend to forget about laptop gaming, despite owning an X14), I have never had a game cause the display driver to hang from bad coding and am yet to experience it, usually it is just end users or environment variables.
Sometimes I just put myself out there and try to help out others, you know? :confused:
It does not matter now, but the "Sensors" tab in GPU-Z is the one that contains the information you would want.

I am proud of you, having a paper asset. I am sorry you got so hurt over this conversation. At the end of the day, I was trying to help someone from giving them advice from real world experiences (unfortunately I did not know that it was a laptop being used), you stormed in like a Mute Swan on a rampage.
So here is something I prepared earlier to help your Denmark-kiddish ego:

HEIL CDCRenegade, I AM SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME. PLEASE, DO YOU STILL HAVE LOVE FOR ME?

Anyway, HOPEFULLY you and everyone else will get to enjoy this damn game soon, because on a GTX980 maxed and altered .xml files, it looks beautiful.

I know that u didīnt mean it in a bad way n stuff.
But since i work as an IT-Tech since i was 15 (now 30) i also gathered enough Experience in solving PC Problems.
My only Hope (which will be disapointed from ubisoft) that they throw out a FIXING patch for the Problems the USERS reported.
But i think i spent the 60€ for SH IT and will never be able to play this game as it should be.

Disapoined and a Frustrated bye

waddy246
11-21-2014, 06:19 PM
The ETA for the second patch is today, I have done a completely fresh install of Windows and am now downloading the game for the fourth time (not including the numerous times it redownloaded half of the game files again because they were corrupt) in anticipation for the patch that might finally allow me to play this game. It's lunchtime in Montreal, so can we expect a release in the next few hours?

BWX232
11-21-2014, 06:33 PM
But i think i spent the 60€ for SH IT and will never be able to play this game as it should be.

Me too. Same here.

DJ_Cas
11-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Was it released already?

Per blog: http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/news-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185090-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
and confirmation: http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-us/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185417-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Appreciate for your replies guys as planning to play it with Friend :)

M-Rebiv4
11-21-2014, 06:59 PM
No, the patch is not out yet. Those are just preliminary notes. However, a hotfix to fix PC black screen should have been released before any patch, and included in the patch for a permanent fix. I can't believe it's taken them 4 days to diagnose and fix this issue. I'm willing to bet it will be Sunday or Monday before we see this patch. We're obviously not the majority and they have our money, so why rush now?

Keyixa
11-21-2014, 07:11 PM
What about the stuttering? Is it gonna take another month before they actually pay any attention to it and stop adding hairworks crap for baboon *** hairs?

rickvtv6
11-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I know that u didīnt mean it in a bad way n stuff.
But since i work as an IT-Tech since i was 15 (now 30) i also gathered enough Experience in solving PC Problems.
My only Hope (which will be disapointed from ubisoft) that they throw out a FIXING patch for the Problems the USERS reported.

I hear what your saying. Good to know I can say Windows 3.11 or 486 DX2-66 and someone knows what I'm talking about ;) I try to help people where I can and start from the basics unless I know their capability. Nothing worse than a poorly written guide to something lol

I know, despite us as the customer that makes them the $$$ they should be listing ALL this shlt down. I know it's not easy to fix complex code, but at least get it to a workable state for everyone, even R* were capable of that with GTAonline, and that's saying something (despite all the issues it was still playable to an extent lol)

Worse comes to worse you could try get a refund. I got a refund from UBI with FC3 because of having 2 copies for some reason and it screwed up all my achievements and saves. But it would still be good to see this title make it like the hype was intended the artwork is just too good to let it go to waste :(

Ishareus
11-21-2014, 08:18 PM
I hear what your saying. Good to know I can say Windows 3.11 or 486 DX2-66 and someone knows what I'm talking about ;) I try to help people where I can and start from the basics unless I know their capability. Nothing worse than a poorly written guide to something lol

I know, despite us as the customer that makes them the $$$ they should be listing ALL this shlt down. I know it's not easy to fix complex code, but at least get it to a workable state for everyone, even R* were capable of that with GTAonline, and that's saying something (despite all the issues it was still playable to an extent lol)

Worse comes to worse you could try get a refund. I got a refund from UBI with FC3 because of having 2 copies for some reason and it screwed up all my achievements and saves. But it would still be good to see this title make it like the hype was intended the artwork is just too good to let it go to waste :(

Forget the Win3.11 or 486 DS2-66 (WITH TURBO BUTTON hahaa).
ENIAC was tha shiat back then in the 40ies :D haha

Refund? Actually i loved Playing Farcry 3 (which worked properly from the start) and because of FC3 i bought FC4.
It looked beautiful in the Trailers and i also watched several livestreams with the designers,...
From this moment i though "i like to play this game".
But as we are writing since yesterday my happiness converted to frustration and anger.

So my only hope is that UBISOFT will get the shlt done with one oder more patches that everyone could play this game.

PS:

I found out what COULD be the Problem.
With the Tool GPU-Z i watched the Memory Usage.
in diablo 3 4 party and massive graphics ingame, the usage is about 35%.
in Farcry 3 High Resolution and High Graphics, Usage is about 30-45%
in Farcry 4 with the LOWEST graphic options (wich would be easy options for my NVidia GeForce 560M GTX SLI) the usage runs about 95-100% on BOTH Graphiccards, this could be the problem on several pcīs.

So maybe its a little failure in the coding.

SluggerNick
11-21-2014, 09:57 PM
On pc here, gtx 970, still getting those stutters when i travel just a bit too quickly, its intense stuttering and totally ruins the game. Also, the mission objectives/cutscenes etc take forever to actually appear after i choose to select them. Its pretty much unplayable for me right now. And of course the mouse issue

Ishareus
11-21-2014, 10:08 PM
On pc here, gtx 970, still getting those stutters when i travel just a bit too quickly, its intense stuttering and totally ruins the game. Also, the mission objectives/cutscenes etc take forever to actually appear after i choose to select them. Its pretty much unplayable for me right now. And of course the mouse issue

i solved the mouse issue with turn down ALL graphic options to the minimum.

try it maybe it helps

waddy246
11-21-2014, 11:15 PM
i solved the mouse issue with turn down ALL graphic options to the minimum.

try it maybe it helps

That doesn't really solve the issue, so much as workaround it.

Getting towards the end of the working day in Montreal and still no sign of a patch, let's hope they stay late to get this released before the weekend.

appetight
11-22-2014, 01:24 AM
ya, this is a big one - i can't move backwards, which also affects rope climbing and that affects a lot of parts in the campaign. please fix

fishboy_11
11-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Forget the Win3.11 or 486 DS2-66 (WITH TURBO BUTTON hahaa).
ENIAC was tha shiat back then in the 40ies :D haha

Refund? Actually i loved Playing Farcry 3 (which worked properly from the start) and because of FC3 i bought FC4.
It looked beautiful in the Trailers and i also watched several livestreams with the designers,...
From this moment i though "i like to play this game".
But as we are writing since yesterday my happiness converted to frustration and anger.

So my only hope is that UBISOFT will get the shlt done with one oder more patches that everyone could play this game.

PS:

in Farcry 4 with the LOWEST graphic options (wich would be easy options for my NVidia GeForce 560M GTX SLI) the usage runs about 95-100% on BOTH Graphiccards, this could be the problem on several pcīs.

its 100% a cause of bad coding, the new consoles use the same type of cpu's as pc's x86 architecture, so gaming devs have gotten uber lazy and have been cutting corners and programming their games for the pc and next gen consoles at the same time so that they have to do as little work as possible and the work they should be putting into it they are instead forcing users pc's to shoulder the load and thats why when next gen consoles came out game requirements went way up even tho the games did nothing new that should justify it, new games that look worse than some older games, have worse physics and worse ai should not require twice the processing power, next gen consoles are not very powerful, my new cell phone is about as powerful as a next gen console, yet games that run fine on them need an uber computer to run at max settings, i have been building my own computers for years and upgrading parts on a fairly regular routine basis, and my rig should not have needed an upgrade for awhile yet, however quite suddenly games started running like *** on it and sometimes it did not even meet all the min requirements, its simple logic, games used to run fine on my computer, then next gen consoles come out and the games released look no better than the previous ones yet my computer becomes almost obsolete overnight

lazy devs and poor coding and optimization thats yer problem right there

rickvtv6
11-22-2014, 03:32 AM

You have tried it without SLI enabled haven't you? I have heard issues with SLI amongst the others.

rickvtv6
11-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Camera no longer focuses? Only just realized.

MrFreki
11-22-2014, 06:05 AM
Below we have listed the current "Known Issues" in Far Cry 4 that will be addressed in our next update.

PC

Yeah it's certainly the Nvidia Hairworks all us who still can't play the game due to the black screen problem are worrying about.. :mad:

BWX232
11-22-2014, 06:15 AM
Camera no longer focuses? Only just realized.

Because key binding is FUBAR and if you change one thing it breaks everything.

rickvtv6
11-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Because key binding is FUBAR and if you change one thing it breaks everything.

I have been using a wireless 360 controller the entire time :confused: But I swear the camera worked fine in the beginning of the game lmao :rolleyes:

Ishareus
11-22-2014, 11:20 AM
You have tried it without SLI enabled haven't you? I have heard issues with SLI amongst the others.

Well iīve nearly tried everything till now.
So Yesterday i deinstalled this abortion and installed Farcry 3 instead (which ... works fine as it should)

So you could say iīm now waiting für the next patch/es what they gona bring up and test in several month again.

@Fishboy_11

Yep 100% on your side.

Remember back then in the year 1995-2005 the games were not only downloadable or the word DLC wasnt even "invented".
The Games they released also had Minor bugs (voice fails or some little graphic bug in/on the map) but the games worked fine and everything/everybody was able to play the game.

pgromlich
11-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Do I need to mention stuttering? That seems almost universal, but I wanted to get that one in.

SimplexPL
11-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Nvidia fur / hairworks is not working right now ?
It looks like it is on !
physic simulation is maybe not that much visible, but still it looks better than without, no ?

No.

(click image for bigger version)

http://i.imgur.com/bkpG7Oql.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/bkpG7Oq.jpg)

CoralineCeleste
11-22-2014, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=xMiiSTY;10350256]Below we have listed the current "Known Issues" in Far Cry 4 that will be addressed in our next update. We are continually working on identifying and resolving any issues that players experience while playing Far Cry 4, and we will provide more information as it becomes available.

Known issues: Is the issue with autosave not turning off so no progress can be made in the game considered a known issue. Rather upset I bought this beautiful game and I can't even play it...

Friendly_DK
11-23-2014, 03:14 AM
Mouse Acceleration fix please, so I can play the game.

Death_is_nearr
11-23-2014, 03:18 AM
Well. I'm seeing plenty of issues on the ps3 and the ps4 version isn't getting by any easier. As soon as my ps4 updates the game I'll repeatedly receive a notification that Far Cry 4 is ready to install but it never does. It'll just flash my screen from the installing screen back to the main menu. After turning off my ps4 and going back to the game, it'll tell the game is corrupted and to delete it. After that I'll update the game again to receive the same problem and forced to delete and update the game again and again and again. :(

SubarcticCash2
11-23-2014, 03:47 AM

Xbox 360

Xbox One

PS3

PC

PVP + Co-Op

Progression

Trophies

Main Menu

I cannot play this game at all. The game constantly freezes. I never get past the intro. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this damn game 4 freaking times and NOTHING helps. I've cleared the cache on my XBox One also. Hell I even tried installing the game on the xbox one internal drive. I have an external drive also. Neither one fixes anything. I want my money back or fix the freaking problem. This is ******** spending my day off trying to get a freaking game to play.

sixnb4112
11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
first off i want to start with how disappointing ubisoft and uplay are, i bought farcry 4 and had to wait 2 days just to activate the product due to ubisoft server errors, when i finally get the game activated i cant launch it it always 100% of the time becomes unresponsive, this isnt due to my pc requirements as i can play any game on ultra settings and have checked and i far surpass the system requirements, i have way more than enough disc space and ram and have tried all the known fixes such as unplugging usb items one by one and disabling human interface devices, this is beyond frustrating, i will not purchase another ubisoft game again and wish i wouldve never bought this one due to all the issues they seem to have released with the launch of this game and unity as well.

no longer will i support their poor products and their decision to force uplay on you to play their games

Hully_23
11-23-2014, 01:06 PM
can we have ingame text chat for co-op please...surely this is a basic requirement for any multiplayer/co-op!!

Renegade.TSF
11-23-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm sick and tired of this.

Why would you do a thing like that.

Im angry that the 1.4.0 isnīt out - But itīs not to smart to download a non-officiel patch and then complain the game got even more broken that it was before.

The game is crap - but donīt go around and Fīit more up than it already is.

erneha
11-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Where the patch 1.4.0?

waddy246
11-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Where the patch 1.4.0?

The latest is it "may" be out early next week, but don't worry they claimed to have fixed the problem with playing the game last week, they're just not letting us have it. :)

Apostol...
11-23-2014, 10:05 PM
But itīs not to smart to download a non-officiel patch and then complain the game got even more broken that it was before.
No, the point is that the non-official patch FIXES at least one of the issues! The S key stops working after I remap any of the mouse buttons in the 1.3.0 licensed version. But that non-official patch fixed the issue. And I suppose, it fixes many other issues as well, judging by the response to the non-official patch in the Internet.

And btw, where is my previous post? Ubisoft refuses to admit the bitter truth and so deleted my post? The truth that pirates are capable of fixing issues just for free, while Ubisoft keeps promising to do that "in the near future"? I own two games, both pre-ordered, - Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity - and I can play none of them just because of those issues that haven't been fixed yet. That's the truth.

P.S. I see they edited your post as well...

Renegade.TSF
11-23-2014, 10:57 PM
P.S. I see they edited your post as well...

So strange - why did he do that? - It was a very polite reply

Yesterday somebody used the B-word and those post are not edit.

Strange stange - you can call ppl. a B thats ok - but not give a normal a polite reply

NaphtaliWKI2
11-24-2014, 04:33 AM
Cannot Save Games on PC version

On the PC version, I cannot get the game to save beyond the interrogation / electrocution at the beginning. No matter how far I go beyond that point, and then hit Save and Quit, when I re-load the campaign it always starts at the interrogation / electrocution scene. So all my progress beyond that is lost.

How is this not addressed in Patch 2??? This renders the PC single player game completely unplayable.

(I've seen "fixes" where you modify farcry4.exe to always run as admin, but this doesn't fix the problem)

As a side question, is it supposed to be impossible to save progress whenever you wish? I see no option for that - which is fine if they want it to be like the original Far Cry in that way - but Far Cry 3 had a quick save / quick load ability that this game seems to lack.

BWX232
11-24-2014, 05:09 AM

On the PC version, I cannot get the game to save beyond the interrogation / electrocution at the beginning. No matter how far I go beyond that point, and then hit Save and Quit, when I re-load the campaign it always starts at the interrogation / electrocution scene. So all my progress beyond that is lost.

How is this not addressed in Patch 2??? This renders the PC single player game completely unplayable.

(I've seen "fixes" where you modify farcry4.exe to always run as admin, but this doesn't fix the problem)

As a side question, is it supposed to be impossible to save progress whenever you wish? I see no option for that - which is fine if they want it to be like the original Far Cry in that way - but Far Cry 3 had a quick save / quick load ability that this game seems to lack.

Same here is it wack.

SirTomasson
11-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Hi i am experiencing a lot of stuttering in Far Cry 4. I had the same bad experience with watch dogs.

I am playing on pc with

-i7 3930k
-16 gb ram 2400mhz
-gtx 780ti
-Windows 8.1 pro
-resolution 2560x1440

please fix the stuttering issues.

AlexFuzzball
11-24-2014, 08:39 AM

You have to make it all of the way through the huge tutorial mission to the first "safe house" before the save option actually presents itself. From them on you can save at will (apart from during missions) and also save and quit works. You have to make it to the first tower, past the avalanche scene and to the Banapur town.

Don't take this in any way to be me defending or agreeing with this - I think it's bloody stupid.

RaZoRFINNISH
11-24-2014, 08:40 AM
I sign with the words of this person. Raw input is a must have for PC gamers

Mouse movement must be in the list of Patch 2

And funnily enough raw input is... In fact, easier to implement than DirectInput- and doesn't suffer from the delays and such. Yet oh-so-many games can manage to screw this up.

trgzbaby
11-24-2014, 10:25 AM
I honestly don't know if a single developer will read this comment but if somebody does can I kindly request that full support for resolutions other than 16:9 is added? I have a 16:10 monitor and I'm missing a good couple of inches of space on the top and bottom :( I imagine it would be even worse for people with 5:4 and 4:3 monitors (there's still a lot of these people around, as well as a lot of people with 16:10).

Ubisoft Developers, Please implement full aspect ratio support. If it ever happens then thank you in advance

Have a look at discussions like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/298110/discussions/0/624075374583561568/

People would really truly appreciate the extra effort.
I wondered why I couldn't get rid of those black bars - Upvoted

matt_som
11-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I wondered why I couldn't get rid of those black bars - Upvoted

Yes I have a 1900 x 1200 (16:10) monitor which is still quite common, and have those black bars, its really annoying!! Far cry 3 didnt have that on 16:10 why does this game?

clausbmf
11-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi i am experiencing a lot of stuttering in Far Cry 4. I had the same bad experience with watch dogs.

I am playing on pc with

-i7 3930k
-16 gb ram 2400mhz
-gtx 780ti
-Windows 8.1 pro
-resolution 2560x1440

please fix the stuttering issues.

Yes i have lag peaks of mili seconds very irritating, also i cant climb any rope in the game

BaddAss78
11-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Well I can't say that this is doing anything to help combat piracy!

I have a brand new MSI gaming laptop and a copy of FC4 on Uplay - black screen.

Patch one gets released.... but how to download it?? Uplay does not do this automatically OR give you the option to manually download it. On top of that - there doesn't appear to be ANYWHERE to download the patch??? WTF?!

Patch 2 gets announced - and apparently it will be available soon...

*comment removed*

I understand there being problems with all these different PC setups etc - but why is it so HARD to get a copy of a simple patch? I still can't find patch 1 (or get Uplay to downloadit??).

Ishareus
11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Patch 2 gets announced - and apparently it will be available soon...

*comment removed*

I understand there being problems with all these different PC setups etc - but why is it so HARD to get a copy of a simple patch? I still can't find patch 1 (or get Uplay to downloadit??).

Last edited by Ubi-Mush; Today at 01:28 PM.

/irony on
Thank You UBISOFT Support for Editing/Deleting Posts, but not ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS!!!!

Awesome Support Thumbs UP
/irony off

skeetymcsticky
11-24-2014, 03:17 PM
its monday afternoon east coast when is the patch coming out

rickvtv6
11-24-2014, 03:56 PM
/irony on
Thank You UBISOFT Support for Editing/Deleting Posts, but not ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS!!!!

/irony off

If they had a "like" function on this forum I would like your sarcasm ;)

But seriously, they will remove anything that is not officially from them, it is considered "warez" and they will no longer give you support if anything like that is used (which I can understand from their point) Apparently there was a patch released...1.3 or what ever, then pulled back down and those who got it in that time then got downgraded again or something, they most probably jumped the gun on the patch release (like the game LOL) and needed more work.

But their support is hopeless ATM. I have submitted 2 tickets in regards to the Blood Ruby code "email" and have not heard anything back. almost a week now.

Hopefully before the end of the year we could have a working game title that us supporting customers paid for :rolleyes:
UBI...THAT SHlT CRAY!

DJ_Cas
11-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Fix that Windowed and Fullscreen mode while ALT+Tab ...

Renegade.TSF
11-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Sorry we have no time to answer your question

As you can see we are working hard

http://personaltrainerbusinesssystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/people-with-money-1.jpg

DJ_Cas
11-24-2014, 04:00 PM
its monday afternoon east coast when is the patch coming out

"in the following days" - Source: http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185596-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

No need to ask twice man - http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/news-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185090-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Such companies won't give you an ETA until they finish it

rickvtv6
11-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Fix that Windowed and Fullscreen mode while ALT+Tab ...
Yeah +1 on that. Annoying as hell, they should make it minimize. Mine won't even pause itself if I ALT+TAB.

Sorry we have no time to answer your question

As you can see we are working hard

http://personaltrainerbusinesssystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/people-with-money-1.jpg

LMAO too true XD

geee2011
11-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Can someone please advise me that the patches are automatically downloaded.Thanks.

Renegade.TSF
11-24-2014, 04:18 PM
"in the following days" - Source: http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185596-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

No need to ask twice man - http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/news-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185090-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Such companies won't give you an ETA until they finish it

The problem is that they encourage us to ordre and pre-pay for a game and then when they release it - It isnt finish and to many have big issues with the game - the second problem is when they promise to fix it - they first give us one date and then when they find out they cant fix it within the time frame they just give us a "we will update you when we have a firm date for making it available"

And then just shut down for any kind of communication - no explanations no notthing - except the send in they mods to clean up and try to put the genie back in the bottle.

Why not make a statement and give us a explanation - inform us what is going on and why they think the game fails

If we had bought a TV or a HD we would all be back in the stores and getting our money back now - and the resellers will give them to us and say sorry for the crap they sold you.

What Ubi does is not acceptble in any way.

sta11fish
11-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Pls - fix the stuttering (micro-lags) on AMD videocards!

BaddAss78
11-24-2014, 05:04 PM
/irony on

/irony off

Yea - just a simple statement saying, we're working on it and we think we'll have something to you by THIS DATE. Then a SORRY, perhaps.

Come on Ubisoft, it's very easy to post quick updates nowadays to keep people informed - you use exactly the same channels to market your games to us!

People tend to be quite forgiving when kept in the loop.

Ishareus
11-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Yea - just a simple statement saying, we're working on it and we think we'll have something to you by THIS DATE. Then a SORRY, perhaps.

Come on Ubisoft, it's very easy to post quick updates nowadays to keep people informed - you use exactly the same channels to market your games to us!

Yeah exactly thatīs what i mean.

A simple and short Information would be awesome like "We recogniced your Problems, Added your Problems to our 8 Foot Long Bug list and weīre working on them!"

This would be so easy and also the Community wouldīnt be such angry and wish you Death and Decay :D

https://i.imgflip.com/eiug8.jpg

EVL_Ripper
11-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Still getting the crash on the Press Any Key screen.

DJ_Cas
11-24-2014, 05:40 PM
The problem is that they encourage us to ordre and pre-pay for a game and then when they release it - It isnt finish and to many have big issues with the game - the second problem is when they promise to fix it - they first give us one date and then when they find out they cant fix it within the time frame they just give us a "we will update you when we have a firm date for making it available"

And then just shut down for any kind of communication - no explanations no notthing - except the send in they mods to clean up and try to put the genie back in the bottle.

Why not make a statement and give us a explanation - inform us what is going on and why they think the game fails

If we had bought a TV or a HD we would all be back in the stores and getting our money back now - and the resellers will give them to us and say sorry for the crap they sold you.

What Ubi does is not acceptble in any way.

Welcome to a world of software and web development man.

Don't trust in words before release. If you buy then you agree to be silent and wait respectfully. I agree with you - buying new product "should" serve you well but not in world of softare and web ... You either buy and risk to stay with bugs or you stay in shadow and watch when the game will be fixed. After that moment you buy a game and enjoy it.

It's all about your choice man. Just get to know what is a marketing then you will not give your money to them from the start

P.S. Wait and see

DJ_Cas
11-24-2014, 05:43 PM

Disable radio:
-That radio is speaking [censored] all the time. Please let us disable it through the menu

Disable cinematics:
-provide us a mouse clicking to skip intros in the game. We came to a game not to Hollywood

P.S. State of the game to be well or less polished needed 3-6 months Ubi :) Seems like a time and quality are not your friends :)

DJ_Cas
11-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Still getting the crash on the Press Any Key screen.

Don't forget to leave your PC specs and driver versions man or your comment is useless

AceJak
11-24-2014, 06:09 PM
well...I'm not really happy about this...its like going back many years with having to sort out bugs and problems....so I at least HOPE to see a patch by the end of the week or so:(

EVL_Ripper
11-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Got the new 1.4 patch today. Still having the same issue. Crashing on the Press Any Key screen. My USB peripherals are a USB 3.0 passthrough, a Official Microsoft 360 wired controller. A Logitech G710+ keyboard, a Razer DeathAdder 2013 mouse. That's all that's connected.

PC Specs :

i5 3570k at stock.

16GB Ram at stock 1600 speeds.

EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified also at stock. NVIDIA Driver 344.75 WHQL

Windows 7 64 Bit Home

1080p 60 Hz

Renegade.TSF
11-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Welcome to a world of software and web development man.

Don't trust in words before release. If you buy then you agree to be silent and wait respectfully. I agree with you - buying new product "should" serve you well but not in world of softare and web ... You either buy and risk to stay with bugs or you stay in shadow and watch when the game will be fixed. After that moment you buy a game and enjoy it.

It's all about your choice man. Just get to know what is a marketing then you will not give your money to them from the start

P.S. Wait and see

One thing for sure - this have happend one time to many and FC4 will be the last game I ever pre-ordre.

In the future I will wait 2-3-4 mounts and se if I can get a good deal and more importen they have a smooth and stabli game.

DJ_Cas
11-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Correct man. Don't give them money > Company will start moving in direction of fixing bugs and it will be a punishment for them.

P.S. All companies are interested in money but some of them work hard for customer and "Ubisoft style" for quantity with no care about customers > Not a bad word here but just facts as I noticed while people complain on them. Don't blame them anyway > They work hard to deliver us the "expected" :)

BigBoss_329
11-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Please make animals, minus big cats and other large predators, less aggressive. Or at least make them spawn more sparsely, OR give us animal repellent syringes.
Just today a rhino attacked me for no reason, because I dared to walk around 20 meters away from him. I did nothing that could startle it. I had to jump into a lake, cause I had no choice, of course demon fish started to bite at me, I crawled out of the water only to be ravaged by a damn cliff racer ... I mean ... eagle. This is kinda comical at first, but infuriating on the long run.
Most animals in real life avoid people. I know this is a game and it needs to be challenging, but between convoys, random enemy patrols, hostage takers, outposts and whatnot, there is plenty of challenge to be had, without being hassled by some creature at every turn. Currently the only way to avoid being attacked by every living being is to ride an elephant.

EVL_Ripper
11-24-2014, 09:13 PM
^ Did you have a gun in your hand? I bet you did. Probably thought you were an ivory hunter.

BigBoss_329
11-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Damn, what smart rhinos.
I can't wait to unlock the sawed off 1887, OR better yet, get my pre-order bonus elephant gun, so I can kill them in a few shots. Please Ubisoft, give me my pre-order bonuses.

mroessma
11-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Patch 1.4.0 fixed the key binding issues. However, moving down on the rope still works with default binding only.
pretty nasty...

tincop1000
11-25-2014, 07:02 AM
The game ran fine for about 8 hours and then it stopped saving after death or fast travel. It was strange as all the animals and NPC's disappeared. I ran the game today and noticed on the bottom left that it had updated to patch 1.4.0. It ran for a few minutes and then BSOD'd. Now it BSOD's at the log in everytime I attempt to play, right as the UBI logo appears. I've sent the problem to tech support, but no info yet.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/24/2014, 17:18:26
Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140706-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/09/10 20:41:43 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 3071MB used, 13306MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
Sound Tab 5: No problems found.
Sound Tab 6: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6818)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6818&SUBSYS_25541458&REV_00
Display Memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2030 MB
Shared Memory: 2065 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: DENON-AVAMP
Monitor Id: DON000E
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name:

EnglishRebel
11-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Patch 1.4.0 fixed the key binding issues. However, moving down on the rope still works with default binding only.
pretty nasty...

After installing the patch my S key now works again and I can now climb up the rope with the left mouse button and down with the caps lock key. I haven't tried rebinding yet -- will do so today as I want the climb down on the right mouse button.
Thanks Ubisoft now I can play the game again after you broke it with the previous patch.
alan

mrbothered
11-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Still no option to change game pad button bindings? I'm not going into details again but why isn't this very very basic option fixed? Due to disability, I cannot play the game with crippled control options. Almost every other game lets you set the controls to how you want them, Why can developers not just allow simple, basic control options??? Is it too obvious? The game is in the bin until they fix this, if they ever do. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

BigBoss_329
11-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Why can't we have hairworks already? Why do you advertise a feature that you can't include at launch? If you didn't say anything about it and added it later, it would have been a nice surprise. Now the fact that it is missing is a huge let down.
Now we have to wait another week or, two, or more for proper hair simulation.

koontz74
11-25-2014, 05:43 PM
I think they have bigger issues than getting the hair looking realistic, get the frame rate right everything else can take back stage.

Ishareus
11-25-2014, 06:18 PM
/Irony On
OMG UBISOFT OMG!!!!!
You released a Patch!
Thank you so much for a Patch that makeīs everything much WORSE!!!!
/Irony Off

*writing note for myself* NEVER BUY A FU CK ING UBISOFT GAME AGAIN!!!!!

Peace out and F U

fishboy_11
11-25-2014, 07:25 PM
so ubi took a week and it still doesnt run properly for some people with quad cores and octacores, a guy on a forum just created a program in a matter of hours that will allow the game to run on any processor, so their whole it needs a quad core is BS, people have confirmed its running fine on dual cores and triple cores

Wolfwerew
11-25-2014, 07:41 PM
We still need ingame option to change letterbox (on/off), as it was in FC3, for 4:3, 5:4, 16:10 resolution screen

xboxLOUi3
11-26-2014, 02:19 AM
PvP XBOX ONE and prob all other systems. if your in a party iT ALWAYS Splits your party to different teams in matchmaking.
I absolutely love the pvp, its the closest thing to chaos theory. SO MUCH BETTER THAN Call of Dookie. PLEASE FiX This

rickvtv6
11-26-2014, 02:45 AM
To all members on this thread, after SO SO many reports of bugs/probles/issues...WHAT WAS ACTUALLY FIXED? What was not working that now is, or what was working that now is not?

simonmtl
11-26-2014, 08:06 AM
the game still crash each time i tried to go online...even after patch2.

i got "logging in" after the elephant, and then/.

"login succeeded" for 1/4 of a second and then crash and go to windows,, and it say "thank you for playing 22 seconds".

CRAP!!!!! i have paid 70$

fitzsteve
11-26-2014, 11:08 AM
To all members on this thread, after SO SO many reports of bugs/probles/issues...WHAT WAS ACTUALLY FIXED? What was not working that now is, or what was working that now is not?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/958955-PC-Patch-1-4-0-November-24th-2014

And from the main FC4 Website:

PC Patch 1.4.0 is LIVE

11/24/2014 04:21 PM

We’re pleased to say that the newest update, PC Patch 1.4.0, includes fixes to two issues that were affecting users attempting to play Far Cry 4. The new patch should solve the problem causing users to encounter a black screen upon attempting to launch the game, as well as providing a remedy to those who saw a grey screen when reaching the end of an Outpost Master Mission. We expect this to provide a much smoother experience for our players.

Our efforts don’t stop here. We are investigating topics some players are experiencing including:

1) Mouse Acceleration
2) Key Bindings
3) Black Shadows on SLI

Those should be tackled in future patches.

If you have any other questions please contact Customer Support and we’ll give you another update on fixes as soon as possible.

Ishareus
11-26-2014, 11:28 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/958955-PC-Patch-1-4-0-November-24th-2014

And from the main FC4 Website:

Thanks for the information BUT SLI Shadow Problem is Still there, i never had any Keybinding Problems (how should i when the game still crashes after 2-4 Minutes).

Oh i forgot to mention, my FC4 now crashes BEFORE the first Checkpoint not after the Checkpoint.

Big Changes Trololololol

Dinizap9
11-26-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't know if someone will see this, but PLEASE, fix the Shadow and savegame problem.

The shadow problem (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/959935-Shadows-broken-badly-Northern-Kyrat-was-fine-South-Kyrat) is really annoying and the save problem makes the game frustrating. You do 20 things, save, quit and when you return everything that you did is lost. :mad::mad:

ih8soup
11-26-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't know if someone will see this, but PLEASE, fix the Shadow and savegame problem.

The shadow problem (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/959935-Shadows-broken-badly-Northern-Kyrat-was-fine-South-Kyrat) is really annoying and the save problem makes the game frustrating. You do 20 things, save, quit and when you return everything that you did is lost. :mad::mad:

I'm having the same problem with saving. I lost 4 crafting upgrades despite seeing the save icon and choosing save and quit before I quit out. A 30+ hour game that you cannot reliably save is what I would consider unplayable. Far Cry 3 was bad with saving too but at least it created a save file in game so you could see when it saved. It's a sad day when a brand new triple A game comes out and you have no desire to play it. Ubisoft has really let their reputation slide lately...

Capitancardoza
11-26-2014, 08:03 PM

The shadow problem (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/959935-Shadows-broken-badly-Northern-Kyrat-was-fine-South-Kyrat)

Shadow glitches because of NVidia PCSS. Simply go for ultra shadows and should be fine (that is working with me).

There are a couple of threads already open for the problem.

klakalou
11-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Hello Repair tool not working PC version. Torch is out, upgraded, standing in front of vehicle. Nothing happens.

loreYsusi
11-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Hola!!! No se si es aqui donde tengo que comentarlo. Estoy teniendo problemas como en far cry 3 con la camara y lanzar piedras. Llevo el juego al 80% por favor una solucion!??
Gracias

Dinizap9
11-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Shadow glitches because of NVidia PCSS. Simply go for ultra shadows and should be fine (that is working with me).

There are a couple of threads already open for the problem.

I'm playing on Ultra :(

BlutVampir
11-26-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm having the same problem with saving. I lost 4 crafting upgrades despite seeing the save icon and choosing save and quit before I quit out. A 30+ hour game that you cannot reliably save is what I would consider unplayable. Far Cry 3 was bad with saving too but at least it created a save file in game so you could see when it saved. It's a sad day when a brand new triple A game comes out and you have no desire to play it. Ubisoft has really let their reputation slide lately...

I did set the Far Cry 3 SLI Bit Dx1x to FarCry3 Setting 0x081902F5 which fixed the issue. When I reset the game to original setting, I do have again black shadows.

3times GTX 780TiGHz as SLI on 4k resolution screen, Ultra Setting SSOA and AA2x

Sometimes when I get out of himalaya, I do have "white" screen as the contrast is on 80%. Restart of the game fix this issue.

EVL_Ripper
11-27-2014, 03:09 AM
My FC 4 seems to be working okay now, I think I found the trigger for the crashing at the press any key screen, it was still happening after the 1.4 patch until I exited out my EVGA Precision X 16, when I closed it out and restarted the game it worked fine. I was even able to Alt + Tab the game and bring up Precision X again to use during the game. Might be something to look into if you're able to pass it on.

Kar-Chee
11-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Please fix the mouse acceleration first.

DJ_Cas
11-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Please fix the mouse acceleration first.

Please read http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-186291-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Beneath83
11-27-2014, 07:17 PM
How the hell is this possible.................... how can you even put a game out that isnt delivering said content?
CO-OP is still not working as intended..
Its not a good sign when players get surprised that they can at all join a friend for some CO-OP.

Myself and a friend bought this game because of the Co-op, but we only had it working for one night.
Now, after the patch, its down again.

UBISOFT, for all that is ****ING HOLY, please show us, the players, and the once that keeps you guys doing what you "love" (make -PERHAPS 100% WORKING- games)

ALSO please have SOME PEOPLE ACTIVE ON THE FORUMS, talking to us, telling on what is going on!
Dont tell us to send in a ticket, then to never be heard from again.

Im ****ing amazed that people today, 2014, still treat others as ****.
Its a ****ed up world.

I love FarCry 4.. but i think i am entitled a working game, not some half-assed piece of ****.

Time to get your **** together!

WITH LOVE AND RESPECT <3

Sickull
11-28-2014, 07:16 PM
I just started the game so I haven't ran into any bugs yet but is there anyway to make the game fit my television screen kind of weird that FC3 had that option and this game seems to not have it.

T1l33
11-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Can you please add a decent support for GTX6xxm and GtX7xxm cards? (I have tested both GTX660m and GTX765m on an i7, 8GB and SSD build)

The game is unplayable and you can tell the lacking effort in the options behind the scenes. You do not really improve performance by setting the game to low, since it
simply looks and sadly performs the same.

Please fix this issue, there is a large majority of people that play on gaming laptops and if you decide to lock them out, future copies won't be sold, since everyone is already losing trust in your company.

Qum4rs
11-29-2014, 02:19 PM

That would explain a lot since my keyboard and mouse are both Logitech.
Update 1.4 did not do any good me.

omgitsfletch
11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
I have FC4 on the Xbox One, and I'm stuck on the switched profiles infinite loop on the multiplayer screen. Does anyone know of ANY resolution to this issue until Patch 2 comes out? Or is my game unplayable until that occurs?

Shanrockz
12-01-2014, 05:38 AM
After Updating the second patch am not able to play the game. It shows "The Application Not able to start properly Error Code: 0xc000007b"

I have tried all the ways to fix this issue.

1. Uninstall the game re-install with new patches - No Use
2. Uninstall the 2005, 2008, 2010 C++ Visals and re-install those again - No Use
3. Windows Update with latest(It shows no more updates required) - No Use.

Please guide me to how to fix this issue.

Pantheons
12-01-2014, 12:25 PM
How the hell is this possible.................... how can you even put a game out that isnt delivering said content?
CO-OP is still not working as intended..
Its not a good sign when players get surprised that they can at all join a friend for some CO-OP.

Myself and a friend bought this game because of the Co-op, but we only had it working for one night.
Now, after the patch, its down again.

UBISOFT, for all that is ****ING HOLY, please show us, the players, and the once that keeps you guys doing what you "love" (make -PERHAPS 100% WORKING- games)

ALSO please have SOME PEOPLE ACTIVE ON THE FORUMS, talking to us, telling on what is going on!
Dont tell us to send in a ticket, then to never be heard from again.

Im ****ing amazed that people today, 2014, still treat others as ****.
Its a ****ed up world.

I love FarCry 4.. but i think i am entitled a working game, not some half-assed piece of ****.

Time to get your **** together!

WITH LOVE AND RESPECT <3

I couldnt have said it any better, so i wont.
Might just sent the game back, under the mis-selling regulations. We hear nothing from the developers, as far as i know, this is it now, its all finished, next game...
If someone actually replies to my support email, I will update here, but itll probably just be a generic email to fob me off.
+1

rogerstonham
12-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Having unplugged all my USB items to get the game to run it was working OK. Now it is unplayable as I have no left and right mouse control for weapons, Have tried resetting the buttons in the keyboard/mouse section but to no avail.

Do updates not get tested? and how can a company produce software tghat is so blatantly not fully tested befoire release?

HarleyBelt
12-01-2014, 10:46 PM
I still can't even get it to launch. Just a black screen then it shuts down. Any other PC users still having this black screen at launch problem?

The-Gurhm
12-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Please fix this in the next patch. Two of my friends and I purchased this game and we currently cannot play it. We all have killer rigs (my specs below) so there is no way this is a gear capability problem. I'm finding the issue widespread online as well.

Description: When moving around in any direction in the open game world (not the linear intro or small mission sections as much) every few seconds there is a huge stutter where the game skips several frames. It's bad when you're just running around and extremely worse when in a vehicle or flying around - It's unplayable!

I've tried several potential band-aid solutions like editing the XML GamerProfile config (changing DisableLoadingMip0 and GPUMaxBuffered Frames, etc). The only thing that lessens the problem is lowering the textures to Medium or below - this does NOT get rid of the issue and is NOT a fix...it's unacceptable and all my Friends and I refuse to play it like so. Furthermore, we have lowered all other settings one by one with no improvement. Tried running on both a single card and SLI setups (no AMD cards) which include, GTX980s in SLI, GTX780 and a GTX970. We've tried running it in windowed/borderless mode which doesn't solve it. VSync on/off in all situations which doesn't solve it.

It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to pay $60 of my hard earned money for a game that I have to shelf. Please fix this or you can count on NOT getting my purchase the next time you release a AAA title or any other title for that matter.

Game Settings:
NVIDIA (Ultra + NVIDIA, HBAO+, TXAA4, Enhanced God Rays)

My Specs:
MSI Gaming 5 mobo
1000w PSU
i7 4790K
GTX980 SLI
8GB RAM
1200p monitor

mrziggy85
12-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Where is patch 1.5???
Stutter and save game corruption are both game-breaking bugs that should have been caught in QA

r1st094
12-02-2014, 11:28 AM
I still can not play with a xbox 360 controller why?

buckeroo
12-02-2014, 04:06 PM
I still can't even get it to launch. Just a black screen then it shuts down. Any other PC users still having this black screen at launch problem?

Me too! Very annoying! I'm hoping tech support can help....

megedy12
12-04-2014, 01:02 AM
I am running farcry 4 on MSI gtx 970 on ultra 1080p, frames are between 50-60 but while moving in the open world it drops to 30 and back to 60 in a fraction of a second it's very noticeable and annoying , i do not know the reason for this , the drop happens randomly even not at a heavy rendering scene. please fix this issue in the next update to allow smooth gaming experience.

phait
12-04-2014, 02:13 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953084-Far-Cry-4-won-t-start-black-screen-(Windows-7)?p=10404443&viewfull=1#post10404443

rickvtv6
12-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Game works fine (apart from previous statements I have made) but it crashes when ever I get near "Naccarapur" (still undiscovered on my map) with FC64.DLL fatal crash message

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FarCry4.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.1
Fault Module Name: FC64.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.1.0.1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000001e22b

I have tried multiple things including under clocking devices and removing devices, tried 344.65 and 344.75 drivers, temps are within limits, tried 4GB LAA extension tool on the executive files etc.

Any ideas seeing as UBI is vacant from their own support threads/tickets?

W8.1 Pro media center x64 - 16GB DDR3 2.4GHz - i7 4770(stock turbo) - Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG - GTX980 Gigabyte reference - Sandisk extreme pro 240GB @ Intel RAID0 480GB(containing ALL data and pagefile) - Microsoft wireless xbox receiver and 360 gamepad

It only happens around a large radius of that area, it shows no signs prior to the crash, but of course I can not continue the story line until I dominate it.

Kitesurfer77
12-04-2014, 09:39 PM
...and it seems like no one of UBI wants to take care of it! Game is unplayable!

BlutVampir
12-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Do ubisoft supporter even read here? What about all the game breaking missions in the threads?
No save history is great when you have a save which ends in black screen.

Problem is reported on Xbox as on PC... Not 1 answer from ****ty support people.
**** are I'm an idiot to buy this game.

BlutVampir
12-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Frustrating to see the "good" response on Steam for this game...

BWX232
12-06-2014, 05:05 PM
I might try to actually get a refund from STEAM. Can't play anyways with stuttering, mouse acceleration, key bind issued (major problems), completely BLACK shadows at night (SLI). I mean this is just ridiculous now. Why are these patches taking so long on PC anyways? It really takes them this long to fix it? They obviously know what the problems are, we just freaking BETA TESTED the game for them.

rickvtv6
12-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Well I uninstalled the game, deleted the farcry4 folder in Documents/My Games, ran CCleaner, re-installed the game and update to 1.4.0, started a new game and so far It has not crashed once, even around the areas on the map it was crashing for me before without fail, which is odd. maybe data corruption from when it was crashing?

Stutter/lag spike issue still not an issue for me for some reason (the texture LOD changes are horrendous, just look at the ground texture when driving a vehicle! YUCK!).
Camera and cut scenes are no longer blurred.
The "Save" in the menu works, but the "Save & Quit" causes CTD when the progress bar is around 50% every time
I changed to run GPU max buffered frames @ x6 in the GamerProfile.xml
Nvidia inspector to run max per-rendered frames @ x6
and seeing as this game is causing so many issues with display drivers, I changed my TDR delay to 10 seconds to stop any false-positives.
But sadly, still no trucking Dolby Digital.
Also if anyone is interested, google JRavens fc4, he is making some good progress with improving this considering early stages and the fact he is using fc3 tools.

I am done with UBI. I never received a response from my tickets either I certainly will not be paying for any of their future games. And the industry wonders why there are so many pirated copies? Well UBI takes 1st prize for causing that industry boom at the moment LMAO Why pay for something that is falsely advertised and so unstable some can't even run it. pfffft

mr_black23
12-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Dear Developers,
if you read any of this, please consider to fix connectivity in Co-Op with highest priority.
Matchmaking doesn't work. I can't join sessions from any players!

I tried port forwarding. Gamers desperate for solutions, try open ports:

Uplay port1
TCP 80
Uplay port2
TCP 443

and

FC4 port1
UDP 21120
FC4 port2
UDP 9000

Hope that helps someone.

It does not work for me though, cause my router is crap and I have to call my provider to change IPv to make it work and ...
... it's a whole story ...
... you know ...
.... it is "just" a whole bunch of annoying stuff to do from OUR side to make the game work properly and we already SPENT money worth a week of pizza-delivery.
That is not a good way to tread your Gamers, Ubi!

And please give a possibility to skip the intro scenes. The full intro you can force on gamers at first launch. After that it is just pathetic.
Come on Ubi guys, you're better than this! Prove it!

Dialone
12-08-2014, 07:07 PM
COMMON WE WANT UPDATE ON THAT FN GLITCH!!!! SO MANY ARE AFFECTED BY THIS AND ITS FCKING UP THE GAMES!!!:mad:

Hackylando
12-08-2014, 09:12 PM
The Game doesn*t working after the patch. I cant start my campaign after the mainmenue. The loading screen stops. Whats happened ?

Armistice121
12-09-2014, 04:03 AM
Since updating to the latest patch my game keeps crashing when I use the wingsuit. Apart form the stuttering problem most people seem to have I've been running the game fine until 5 minutes of play with the new patch. Flew the same area yesterday no problems but today my game will crash over and over If I try to fly down the mountain from my save point :confused:

I5 2500, gtx 970, 8gb ram, win 7 64.

The.Bread86
12-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Seems that Shangri La missions are fixed now.

But now I have massive performance issues and bigger shadow bugs than before.

This game is great, but the launch is a f***ing desaster!
Haven't agreed to join a beta test...