PDA

View Full Version : normad chest - help

SearStingray157
11-17-2014, 10:20 PM
So, what's the deal with the nomad chests.
In order to open one I have to play the nomad mission in the companion app.
I completed the first (3) missions, which automatically send me best assassin out to collect the chest (I didn't even get an option to pick which assassin to send).
Now I waited patiently for 24 hours for him to return, got a notification that the chest had been collected - but..

I still see the chest in the game, and when I try to open it I get the 'Play nomad mission to open this chest". So, did I collect this chest or not - not really sure. ?
Also, why do I have to wait 24 hours, that seems a bit extreme, after all, this is just a game.

Besides from that I'm really enjoying the game

Algent_
11-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Actually you are supposed to go collect the chest during the 24h, or it's probably locked forever.

Also the app seem to have some trouble telling the game "this chest is unlocked" since I have currently 2 that I should open but can't. :nonchalance:

SearStingray157
11-18-2014, 12:26 AM
oh - that wasn't obvious. I will try that with the next chest..

SenseHomunculus
11-18-2014, 04:39 PM
It's still on the "working on it" list on the "current known issues" thread in tech support.

SearStingray157
11-18-2014, 09:33 PM
ok - yes it doesn't seem to reliable.

I tried with 2 more chests, while the companion app was synced, I was able to go open the first chest in Unity, but for the second, I'm not able to open it, although it shows as 'Louise Harly will retrieve it in 21 hours'.

Oh well, guess I will just have to wait and see when this gets fixed

Ak HagNasty 907
11-19-2014, 04:59 AM
ok here is a question what is the companion app.and how do i play it please i want my blue chest.

SearStingray157
11-19-2014, 06:09 AM
The companion app is a separate app you can install on iOS / Android / Windows 8.1. I have it on Windows.
http://androidcommunity.com/ubisoft-releases-assassins-creed-unity-companion-app-20141111/

The app let you send your assassins on missions and once 3 missions are complete, one of the chests is unlocked - except in my case I now have a 'success rate' of 50%, I was able to open 2 chest in Unity after they were unlocked, and another 2 'unlocked' chests are not available in Unity.