PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 4 won't start - black screen (Windows 7)

Pages : [1] 2

bartek_kowalski
11-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I've got a box version of the game. After clicking "Play FC4" in Uplay the game's logo appears for a while, then the screen turns black and nothing happens.
Did anybody else has the same problem? Any solutions?

dbgager
11-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Maybe the launcher will not let you play till the game is officially released. at midnight

bartek_kowalski
11-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Good point. Maybe that's the case.
I'll try tomorrow then.

dbgager
11-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Unplug your Bluetooth or uninstall any non Microsoft gamepad software such as Motionnjoy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/2mesfn/fix_for_blackgrey_screen_crash_at_startup/

bartek_kowalski
11-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Didn't work :(

MaceMagoo
11-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Any USB devices? Unplug them. May have to remove drivers too OR wait until the release and see if still happens.

bartek_kowalski
11-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I have only mouse and keyboard plugged in.

GiveMeTactical
11-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Remove the Game from the PC... that may work :rolleyes:

OK, sorry but couldn't resists, some of the responses here just make no sense... If I need to remove pretty much all of my devices to be able to play a game, well, I just soon better discard that said game LOL I would first blame UBI's Uplay or Servers and not my PC.

bartek_kowalski
11-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Spot on :) I still hope that that is just the matter of release date.
But I remember that I had similar problem with FC3. I had to open the task manager and shut down one specific process (don't remember which one) every time I started the game. And it wasn't some cracked version - it was box version bought on release date.
1-0 to the consoles? :)

MaceMagoo
11-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Remove the Game from the PC... that may work :rolleyes:

OK, sorry but couldn't resists, some of the responses here just make no sense... If I need to remove pretty much all of my devices to be able to play a game, well, I just soon better discard that said game LOL I would first blame UBI's Uplay or Servers and not my PC.

Erm, the USB devices are the issue! Worked for me and many others, but you seem to know everything so perhaps were all wrong?.....no didn't think so.

SirR0eIio
11-17-2014, 10:28 PM
MaceMagoo,

Just wait for all the complaint's when this game is released... This is going to be the same Sh1t as with FC3........

Don't blame me if I'm wrong but I think this is again a problem for ATI users only !

SirR0eIio
11-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Ok for once in my life I will go **** myself.........

Quess what ???

jumi joystick was installed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

IT WORKS !

Dreddpool82
11-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Even though this problem is solved, I can't see how unplugging one's USB keyboard and mouse would do anything, seeing as 100% of keyboards today are USB and he would need a keyboard and mouse to play the game.

telc00
11-18-2014, 05:31 AM
My Razer Orbweaver was causing the issue for me. Unplug it and it works fine - plug it in even once the game has loaded up - no good. The problem is....I want to use my Orbweaver to play the game...

jeynos
11-18-2014, 05:59 AM
My Razer Orbweaver was causing the issue for me. Unplug it and it works fine - plug it in even once the game has loaded up - no good. The problem is....I want to use my Orbweaver to play the game...

Same issue but with the Razer Hydra.

jasemcbride
11-18-2014, 06:09 AM
So, has anyone from Ubisoft recognised this problem?
I'm not going to unplug all my usb devices, some of them external hard drives, everytime I want to play the game.

b00gjuice
11-18-2014, 06:14 AM

Same here. I can't load the game with my Razer Orbweaver plugged in.

jeynos
11-18-2014, 06:25 AM
I've read that this game has native Dual Shock 4 support on the PC, could this be causing these problems? Perhaps it is polling the USB HID devices looking for a DS4 and gets stopped up? Because that is the only big difference with this game that I can think of that would be causing this, as I have never had this issue in any other game where I would need to unplug usb devices to get it to start.

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 06:37 AM
So, has anyone from Ubisoft recognised this problem?
I'm not going to unplug all my usb devices, some of them external hard drives, everytime I want to play the game.

I really hope they fix this issue. I have 4 different devices that would need to be unplugged in order to play the game. And I'm not about to do that as I do play other games quite often.

telc00
11-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I really hope they address the USB issue soon as I'm going to hold off till they do. That and getting a SLI profile (apparently a Nvidia driver to fix that will be ready soon).

Ray-zor
11-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Same here. I can't load the game with my Razer Orbweaver plugged in.
Same here. And if I plug the Orbweaver back in during the game, the game freezes instantly. I've logged support ticket for this. And for the incredibly low volume in game.

cero7852
11-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Same here. And if I plug the Orbweaver back in during the game, the game freezes instantly. I've logged support ticket for this. And for the incredibly low volume in game.

i just shut down msi afterburner and cut the punkbaster process in taskmanager and the game actually start

Unholymoondog
11-18-2014, 08:19 AM
i just shut down msi afterburner and cut the punkbaster process in taskmanager and the game actually start

I could kiss you :rolleyes: Afterburner was the issue, shut it down and the game runs :D

cero7852
11-18-2014, 09:32 AM
I could kiss you :rolleyes: Afterburner was the issue, shut it down and the game runs :D

not bad for my first post :p

BWX232
11-18-2014, 09:39 AM
WTh is this BS? What kind of game makes you unplug USB devices to play it? Sounds like some ridiculous DRM gone bad. Meanwhile pirates play for free.. but paying customers get the shaft from Ubiu.

WTF Ubi, fix this crap now. I have a USB K/B and mouse.. need it to run PC.. Duh..

Guess I will be getting money back if I can't get it to run. No other game has ever done this and I have many games on this pc.

scaramanga1981
11-18-2014, 10:07 AM
This is a joke. Between this game and Unity I feel like I've been looking at this damn board all week. I'm never buying a Ubisoft game again. Another launch day has come and gone and I'm still yet to even start the game because of it crashing. I've tried unplugging every device, I've tried going into task manager and killing every non essential process, and nothing. Still crashes my PC every time the game starts. Gets as far as the Ubisoft logo (fitting), then black screen of death.

UBI-NuStiuJuca
11-18-2014, 10:26 AM
This is a joke. Between this game and Unity I feel like I've been looking at this damn board all week. I'm never buying a Ubisoft game again. Another launch day has come and gone and I'm still yet to even start the game because of it crashing. I've tried unplugging every device, I've tried going into task manager and killing every non essential process, and nothing. Still crashes my PC every time the game starts. Gets as far as the Ubisoft logo (fitting), then black screen of death.

What specs do you have? :)

scaramanga1981
11-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Good enough ones. R9 290X with an I7 4790K and 8GB RAM. It plays AC Unity well enough except the bugs. This game, can't even start it.

Daedle
11-18-2014, 10:44 AM
The game just started in windowed black screen and nothing happened for me. Solved the issue by disconnecting my Razor Nostromo.

BWX232
11-18-2014, 10:53 AM
After several tries, finally got it to start! Why are they forcing you to unhook steering wheels and pedals for racing sims and crap like that?!

wowsers54
11-18-2014, 12:09 PM
After several tries, finally got it to start! Why are they forcing you to unhook steering wheels and pedals for racing sims and crap like that?!

Same problem for me. I'm at work now and will check on this tonight. Black screen and it just hang there. Ubisoft is getting dumber and dumber with every new game that they make. Who program these games anyway? The janitor??? Bunch of fools if you ask me.

Warmoer
11-18-2014, 12:17 PM
I am not surprised - every time Ubi converts something for PC they screw it up. Remember the PC control mess for the last Ghost Recon? Same bloody issue; strangely FC3 went without a hitch.

I have four essential flightsim USB devices that I will certainly not unplug to play this. Grow up Ubi...

TheLuftwaffel
11-18-2014, 02:04 PM
I think refunds are in order if they can't figure out a way to get the game to recognize what is basically a universal input method.
Gamepads, Keypads, Joysticks/HOTAS, Pedals, they're all about the same thing with minor individual differences. A hat is a hat, a slider is a slider, an axis is an axis. This is not something new and not a valid reason for this game to be crashing on launch. I'm not unplugging my stick, throttle, pedals, and gamepad every time I launch this game. It's literally impossible that the play testers missed this. That, or their heads were literally lodged in their collective sphincters so they couldn't actually see what they were testing.

The best part? I bet they'll crack down on my minor stab above within the next 10 minutes, but they won't offer a reply explaining why exactly I have 21GB and $60 of brand new junk that doesn't work.

felixyeezy
11-18-2014, 02:09 PM
The game just started in windowed black screen and nothing happened for me. Solved the issue by disconnecting my Razor Nostromo.

i have the same issue but i have nothing to disconnect so how can i fix this ?

dwdfw23
11-18-2014, 02:17 PM
never gonna buy anything from ubi again...

Unplug every single USB device, stopped every process possible, still, the game hangs at black screen and I can't play at all!!! What the **** ubi?

felixyeezy
11-18-2014, 02:24 PM

Unplug every single USB device, stopped every process possible, still, the game hangs at black screen and I can't play at all!!! What the **** ubi?

^^^same. also waiting for that first patch maybe it can fix it

Ubi_Jax
11-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Moving thread to Technical Support Forum.

Please continue to provide as much information as possible.

If you're still encountering the issue, please ensure to create a support ticket HERE (http://support.ubi.com).

Thanks.

TheLuftwaffel
11-18-2014, 02:31 PM
No. This is widespread and not an isolated issue. Your play testers didn't do their jobs AT ALL and now it's time for them to. All they have to do is plug in a freaking Nostromo or Orbweaver, or you know, any game pad they can possibly think of, and replicate this issue. Why should I have to monkey around with your ticket system?

kevin-ps-gamer
11-18-2014, 02:42 PM

I am very angry at the moment, I bought the hardware better than is needed for this game, that you said could play it, I updated my windows 8.1, I installed all needed drivers and components needed to run the game, I gave you my money for the product you said you would deliver and waited for your uplay software to tell me it was delivered and then I find out you did not deliver what you promised my setup is fine works with every other game I have, this product is not fit for purpose all it can do is display your logo and a black window and freeze my system, I feel sorry for the people who worked hard making this game they have been let down by a greedy company that released an unfinished product, you must give the developers the resources required to fix your mess quickly or you will not have these customers in the future

DorisNutz
11-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Booked time off work to play this but can't because of this same issue. I'm not sure how people are playing this game because if I unplug all my USB devices, how can one communicate with their computer? Will refund this **** tomorrow.

MeFirstThenYou
11-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Is Ubisoft doing any form of testing these days before they grab the money and release a game?

zacrobmer
11-18-2014, 02:56 PM
It seems the game hangs up when it is trying to write the gameprofile.xml at start up, the folder gets created, but apparently writing more then one controller to the .xml is difficult for the devs to program.

Apparently it confuses the game when you have peripherals that are not found on a console and it causes the hang.

This is repeatable, go to where ever your My Games folder is X:\My Games\Far Cry 4\random string of numbers and letters\ and delete the folder for Far Cry 4. Relaunch the game, after it hangs, close it and go back to the My Games folder, it will have been rewritten, but it still will not have written the gameprofile.xml.

kevin-ps-gamer
11-18-2014, 03:13 PM
It seems the game hangs up when it is trying to write the gameprofile.xml at start up, the folder gets created, but apparently writing more then one controller to the .xml is difficult for the devs to program.

Apparently it confuses the game when you have peripherals that are not found on a console and it causes the hang.

This is repeatable, go to where ever your My Games folder is X:\My Games\Far Cry 4\random string of numbers and letters\ and delete the folder for Far Cry 4. Relaunch the game, after it hangs, close it and go back to the My Games folder, it will have been rewritten, but it still will not have written the gameprofile.xml.

Can someone upload a working user profile xml for a standard keyboard and mouse setup?? maybe we can copy it over to get into the game atleast

ace3001
11-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Can someone upload a working user profile xml for a standard keyboard and mouse setup?? maybe we can copy it over to get into the game atleast

Doesn't work. I tried copying it over from my laptop where the game does launch. No difference.

bonorbitz
11-18-2014, 03:40 PM
I've never heard of such a thing before. Unplugging USB devices to get a game to work?

The only game controllers I have connected to my PC via USB is a wireless 360 controller via USB adapter and a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. Will unplugging them work or will I have to uninstall drivers?

Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I can't try anything at the moment...

Also, does anyone know if the two day one patches went live?

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 03:44 PM
I've never heard of such a thing before. Unplugging USB devices to get a game to work?

The only game controllers I have connected to my PC via USB is a wireless 360 controller via USB adapter and a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. Will unplugging them work or will I have to uninstall drivers?

Unfortunately, I'm at work, so I can't try anything at the moment...

Also, does anyone know if the two day one patches went live?

There is no way to tell whether either of them went live or not. Ubisoft has not said anything on it yet.

ace3001
11-18-2014, 03:45 PM
There is no way to tell whether either of them went live or not. Ubisoft has not said anything on it yet.

First patch went live in time for launch. Only those who preloaded the game or bought retail had to separately download it. Those who downloaded after launch automatically have it.

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I have four essential flightsim USB devices that I will certainly not unplug to play this. Grow up Ubi...

I am in the same boat as you. I cannot unplug my flightsim devices or it will take a lot of work to get them properly set up again.

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 03:47 PM
First patch went live in time for launch. Only those who preloaded the game or bought retail had to separately download it. Those who downloaded after launch automatically have it.

I preloaded the game. How do I separately download the day 1 patch?

bonorbitz
11-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Not sure if this is going to have any effect on Nvidia users, but their FC4 driver went live this morning (http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/79891).

And does anyone know how you can see the game's version from uPlay instead of launching it?

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Can anyone with the day 1 patch installed tell me if the version I have actually is the correct version?

http://i.imgur.com/lzV8Wor.jpg

ElCid.
11-18-2014, 04:10 PM
That's what I am showing as well.

BTW cant wait to see what the reviewing community does to the games reviews because of this epic UBI screw up....

bonorbitz
11-18-2014, 04:17 PM
That's what I am showing as well.

BTW cant wait to see what the reviewing community does to the games reviews because of this epic UBI screw up....

Yeah, I'm curious as well. I'm getting the impression that the game is working for a lot of people when reading through PC performance reactions on Neogaf, so it'll be interesting to see on which side of the fence the PC reviewer community happens to fall on.

s889
11-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Same Version same Problem !

felixyeezy
11-18-2014, 04:35 PM
does anyone know how to download the day 1 patch ?

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 04:43 PM
does anyone know how to download the day 1 patch ?

No. Although from what I've been hearing the Steam version apparently downloaded the patch mysteriously without me knowing it some time before the game was released.

R32Hutch
11-18-2014, 04:46 PM
I had the same issue as the OP. Unplugged my Saitek X52 from the USB port, and all is well.

the_patcher_mio
11-18-2014, 05:35 PM
I have the same issue, without the USB keyboard the game starts.. but as soon I plug it in again, the screen freezes... no way to play the game
:mad:

Keyboard - Saitek Eclipse, using drivers included in Windows 8.1 64-bit.

In Device Manager there are several entries under Human Interface Devices, like:
- Saitek Gamers' Keyboard USB
- Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Command Pad (HID)
- Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Command Pad (USB)
- Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Hot Keys (HID)
- Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Hot Keys (USB)

I remember there was an issue with HID devices few years ago, but this was with Windows 7. There you had to disable one of this entries in order to be able to use the keyboard...

Uzii7
11-18-2014, 05:39 PM
This worked for me and another friend:

* Go to the 'Control Panel', then 'Device Manager'.
* Under the 'Human Interface Devices' section, at the bottom there was one (or two for me) 'Virtual Hid Device'.
* After right clicking and 'Disabling' them, the game worked fine.

I hope this works the same for the rest of you, this also did not disable any of my USB devices that I'm aware of.

the_patcher_mio
11-18-2014, 05:59 PM

* Under the 'Human Interface Devices' section, at the bottom there was one (or two for me) 'Virtual Hid Device'.

I hope this works the same for the rest of you, this also did not disable any of my USB devices that I'm aware of.

THX for the hint - this was the solution!!!

I disabled
- Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Command Pad (USB)
- Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Hot Keys (USB)
this resulted in removing the corresponding HID devices too.

Now I can start the game, let's see if I can start the campaign.

P.S. Ubisoft you are the new EA :mad:

Blacktemper2
11-18-2014, 06:01 PM
Hello,

I have the same issue. I can't start the game with my Verbatim Rapier v2 mouse but I can with a basic logitech or a Roccat one.

It's really weird.

I hope they fix this quick...

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 06:04 PM

Didn't work for me :/

werewolf1756
11-18-2014, 06:20 PM
I don't have anything plugged in USB port. I have uninstalled this program for using PS3 controller on my PC and still nothing and I don't even have "human interface devices" under "Device manager". So I guess we will have to wait >:|

Ranger515
11-18-2014, 06:23 PM
This is really idiotic of UBI. I have absolutely no idea of why my FC4 won't open. it gives me a black window and then crashes. I've tried almost every suggestion, nothing has worked. Ubisoft need to clean this up FAST. Like now!!:mad:

M0rV
11-18-2014, 06:32 PM
I tried everything to run this stupid game. This is ridiculous how Ubisoft treats customers. (Good work with Watch Dogs, AC Unity and now with FC4) I even formated my PC and this didnt work out too.

Only USB connected peripherials:

Genius Keyboard

Roccat Savu Mice

This is my Device Manager... Any Ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/QmxkfTt.jpg

sergeischumin
11-18-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm also having the same issue in Windows 8.1. My SO install is almost fresh. As soon as I launch the game from Uplay a black window with Far Cry 4 title lasts forever.

Both my keyboard and mouse are USB, so no way in playing around with stupid tricks. Great job Ubisoft , this is just ridiculous.

Please fix it

Solodad619
11-18-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm also having the same issue in Windows 8.1. My SO install is almost fresh. As soon as I launch the game from Uplay a black window with Far Cry 4 title lasts forever.

Both my keyboard and mouse are USB, so no way in playing around with stupid tricks. Great job Ubisoft , this is just ridiculous.

Please fix it

And STILL nothing from Ubisoft. Well done guys...seriously.... well done! I am so tired of this BS. I am asking for a refund from Steam (yeah I hear that too, that it can't be done, but I am trying nonetheless) Just going to wash my hands of this whole effed up situation.

Ranger515
11-18-2014, 07:14 PM
This is ridiculous. There is an effin bug in a game ive been waiting effin ages for and Ubisoft dont have the effin balls to atleast reply to the situation. Phone line won't work,
they haven't responded to any threads. WTF Ubisoft!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TysonY2
11-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Try the fixes here, see if they work at all for you:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953276-Official-No-Support-Of-Logitech-Misc-Gaming-Devices
Say in the forum if they do!
Blackscreen on launch errors seem to be fixable via device manager! Try enabling and disabling various HID devices.

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Try the fixes here, see if they work at all for you:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953276-Official-No-Support-Of-Logitech-Misc-Gaming-Devices
Say in the forum if they do!
Blackscreen on launch errors seem to be fixable via device manager! Try enabling and disabling various HID devices.

We shouldn't have to do that. Every other game I own doesn't require me to enable/disable devices in order for them to work (that also includes Far Cry 3).

felixyeezy
11-18-2014, 07:33 PM
i disabled HDIs but the black screen is still here

Dubel657
11-18-2014, 07:47 PM
I've got a box version of the game. After clicking "Play FC4" in Uplay the game's logo appears for a while, then the screen turns black and nothing happens.

Press shift+tab twice and it will let you in. You have to do it everytime you do anythig in the game like open doors, or get in the truck and stuff till they patch it

Bravo-Six-Four
11-18-2014, 07:54 PM
GTX 765M Driver 344.75
i7 4700MQ
16 GB RAM

Windows 8.1

Download and reinstall uPlay.( its cool , you keep your games)

Go offline on the uPlay client. Then go to your install directory and send FC4 shortcut to desktop and run as admin.

Its the only way the game will play for me. Hope it helps someone.

UBI, i WONT BE BUYING ANYMORE GAMES FROM YOU , JUST TORRENT THEM FROM NOW ON .

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 08:06 PM
GTX 765M Driver 344.75
i7 4700MQ
16 GB RAM

Windows 8.1

Download and reinstall uPlay.( its cool , you keep your games)

Go offline on the uPlay client. Then go to your install directory and send FC4 shortcut to desktop and run as admin.

Its the only way the game will play for me. Hope it helps someone.

UBI, i WONT BE BUYING ANYMORE GAMES FROM YOU , JUST TORRENT THEM FROM NOW ON .

I just tried this and it didn't work for me either. :/

sergeischumin
11-18-2014, 08:12 PM
OK I've been able to run the game:

scenario: I have a Logitech cheap M-96BTa USB mouse and a even cheaper Trust simple USB keyboard. Also a USB Logitech G27 gaming wheel.

I unplugged the Logitech G27 wheel. Closed the Logitech Gaming software. In control panel/system/hardware devices, DISABLED (not uninstalled) logitech virtual HID device.

The game started correctly. So the bug is effectively related to a USB device. I won't do anymore tests since that is the Ubisoft technical staff task, and I do expect a patch as soon as possible to fix this disgrace.

Good luck other mates here trying to play the game they've paid and waited for so long.

Repente
11-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Ubisoft is a joke. Couldn't play Watch_Dogs at Day One, can't play FC4 now. I thought they learned from it but this is just not giving a single **** for your customers. Ubisoft is the new EA. WD took me a couple of months to be able to play it, lets see how much time FC4 is gonna waste

Sandcracka
11-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Well FC3 was a complete mess when it was released, so I wasn't really expecting any different from this game. But I do hope they can get this issue fixed soon as I really want to be able to play the game I paid for.

felixyeezy
11-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Press shift+tab twice and it will let you in. You have to do it everytime you do anythig in the game like open doors, or get in the truck and stuff till they patch it

doesnt work for me

Repente
11-18-2014, 09:07 PM
The funny thing is, the problems, when they messed up WD release, are pretty much the same from what I've read: Mouse accleration, peripherals, launching fails, starting new games fails.. everything I know from WatchDogs ;)

Stockdale50
11-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Same here, nothing worked. Thanks UBI. Pfft.

bartek_kowalski
11-18-2014, 10:04 PM
So, it's been over 24 hours since I started this thread and I stil can't play the damn game :( There is no Ubi statement about the "black screen issue" and we don't know if there's gonna be any...
The USB unplugging doesn't work for me but we shouldn't be forced to do something silly like that in the first place. What's next - Far Cry 5 will require a goat sacrifice during fool moon?
Should I download the game from "other sources" and enjoy troublefree entertainment? Because for now it looks like I'm being punished for buying the game.
Thanks, Ubi!

Paarthyy
11-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Spot on :) I still hope that that is just the matter of release date.
But I remember that I had similar problem with FC3. I had to open the task manager and shut down one specific process (don't remember which one) every time I started the game. And it wasn't some cracked version - it was box version bought on release date.
1-0 to the consoles? :)

If it's the matter of release date, then why haven't we been informed about it by the game devs? Seriously.. I guess we should just wait c:

Shinyt4pestry71
11-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Here's the solution I was told:

1. Hold the FC4 disc with your right hand and put it up close to see.

2. Raise your left hand up and smack yourself in the forehead.

3. Repeat the words, "I will never buy another UBIsoft game again" three times.

If this doesn't work, then repeat the steps.

Hope this works!

I feel your pain! Maybe some humor will help the situation.

cero7852
11-18-2014, 10:14 PM
If it's the matter of release date, then why haven't we been informed about it by the game devs? Seriously.. I guess we should just wait c:
if you have any frames per second program, turn it off and then try to open the game

joelowden
11-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Same here .. just useless

AceDuDe55
11-18-2014, 10:19 PM
definately a usb device problem as after 4 hrs of trying i just unpluged T500 wheel, syborg stick and usb DVD caddy and now it works!!

bartek_kowalski
11-18-2014, 10:29 PM
It's not the matter of release date. I'm from Poland and today I've seen on YT couple of gameplays uploaded by Polish players, so Polish version works fine. And those were not cracked versions, because they are big names in Polish YT.

hatchet724
11-18-2014, 10:38 PM
So, it's been over 24 hours since I started this thread and I stil can't play the damn game :( There is no Ubi statement about the "black screen issue" and we don't know if there's gonna be any...
The USB unplugging doesn't work for me but we shouldn't be forced to do something silly like that in the first place. What's next - Far Cry 5 will require a goat sacrifice during fool moon?
Should I download the game from "other sources" and enjoy troublefree entertainment? Because for now it looks like I'm being punished for buying the game.
Thanks, Ubi!

I do not believe we will get a response as I think the only one they can give is a) we fixed it or b) we are working on fixing it.
PC- only this game is not working / Black screen upon launch

I give up with these guys

Shinyt4pestry71
11-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Ubi!

Thanks for the laugh regarding FC5 and the goat! I about fell out of my chair on that one.

blichado
11-18-2014, 10:56 PM
I was able to play for about 8 hours, but now i can't continue. Each time i open my save, the game crashes. I can't even start a new game without crashes. My screen just goes black but the music still runs in the background.
WTF is going on Ubi?!?

Carsten.1980
11-18-2014, 11:01 PM
I have the Same Problem.

But now is working.

What have i made?

- I disconnect my X-Box Controller, G13 Gamingkeyboard and my g930 Headset.

- Than reboot the system

- now my game war running.

But the Mouscontroll ist very laggy.

Plz fix all the Problems.

lithiusv
11-18-2014, 11:27 PM
My rage is building. I am ****ing furious. This is a disgrace.

It has been over 24 hours and we have not heard one peep from ubisoft about this issue.

I expect this sort of rubbish from a MMO game release, not from a standalone AAA game title.

When I preorder and pay PREMIUM price for a AAA game I EXPECT it to atleast start on my computer. This "black screen" issue is a joke, and what makes it even worse is that ubisoft have not formally responded to it.

And please forum moderators, don't patronise and condescend your customers with that generic post saying "please contact support". The developers have to know what the problem is, it is a large group of people experiencing the same problem.

I just cannot believe how bad this industry has become.

adydula
11-18-2014, 11:31 PM
I opened a ticket and got a quick response from FC4 support asking me to tell them all my USB devices and to try unhooking them all but the "essential" ones.

I run XPlane 10 a flight simulator and have Saitek rudder pedals and a Saitek Yoke attached via USB, I removed both and the game now starts.

This is pain I have to crawl on the floor and attach and detach the USB cables to fly the XPlane 10 and to play FC4 I have to unattach etc.

FC 1, FC2 and FC3 work just fine.

I hope UbiSoft corrects this soon its really not a good idea to have a game dependent on what USB devices are attached or not!!

Alex

Lensman
11-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm having exactly the same difficulties.
I installed the PC version on Win7 64, downloaded the patch on offer (18th Nov 19:00 GMT) and when the game started all I got was a windowed black screen.
NO! I am not reconfiguring my devices. Every other game I have installed (and there are many) does not require that, FarCry 3 included.
Ubisoft, you really must STOP this sort of issue happening. That's 2 major games this week that have hit the headlines for the wrong reasons. I paid for the Season Pass before even installing FC4 because I enjoyed FC3 so much and no I feel like a total sucker. Way to go in keeping your customers happy!

Elden
11-18-2014, 11:52 PM
I have the same black windowed screen on start. I want to play the game and use my Razer Orbweaver but no dice.

First AC Unity Launch (PS4 for ) and now Far Cry 4. Does Ubisoft actually give a **** about customers at all?

To top it all off companion apps and microtransactions into single player games and forced multi player co-op. I know the masses want to "socialize" in their games and this is what you get a company more concerned with their Uplay social network than making a game that works.

Finally they reached EA level, another Developer to only consider in the 10 dollar or less bin.

DangerRocket
11-18-2014, 11:54 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
FarCry4 remains black screen with stand
I should disconnect the keyboard and mouse it works ???
I do not think so, I think that was the last game that I bought here.
Ubisoft should put his bananas software in the ***.
That can not be the Ubisoft collects money for unfinished software, who already bought a car without an engine.
Piss people I call the

Lensman
11-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Following the advice I started unplugging USB devices and eventually hit the right combination. The game started!
The first 10 minutes is almost worth the hassle, great work on that but this problem needs to be patched FAST!

guenero
11-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I finally found the issue for me.

Logitech G11 keyboard is fine, Roccat Kone [+] mouse as well. Running on Windows 7.
Freaking HID-compliant game controller was the problem. Can be found in device manager. After disabling that one I was able to reinstall all drivers for all devices, I was even allowed to activate all other HID devices. That really did the trick.

Really hope that helps anybody, so this nightmare can end.

kevin-ps-gamer
11-19-2014, 12:56 AM
Following the advice I started unplugging USB devices and eventually hit the right combination. The game started!
The first 10 minutes is almost worth the hassle, great work on that but this problem needs to be patched FAST!

Wow just checked back in with the forum to see if a fix was posted, and still nothing useful from anyone apart from the gamers, ubisoft has issues... lot's of issues... more issues than any pc mag I've ever read, It's not the devs fault they've created a great game, it's the company, it releases unfinished crap, and then shrug their shoulders at us when we say it doesn't work everytime, they're losing customers by the minute and I bet they're in a room applauding themselves for making x preorder sales and y post launch sales it's so short sighted, the devs should just leave and go to a competitor or better yet setup a new company and build a solid game it's not like they don't know how but you be soft.

M0rV
11-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Stilll... nothing works for me. Fresh OS without any plugged controllers and i dont have any game controllers related things in device manager. Good work last game from urs company.

great that ubisoft response to us in any issues topic... :mad:

Carsten.1980
11-19-2014, 01:14 AM
For all the people have the Black Screen Problem.

I have found a fix.

When i have disable the Logitech Gaming Software in Windows Autostart and reboot my System.

Start my Game and it runs.

I hope it works for all.

lithiusv
11-19-2014, 01:18 AM
In all my years of gaming (since 1992) I have never bought a game that I could not start! Sure, some games (in the early days) were difficult to get started. However, usually after a bit of tinkering you were good to go.

I am absolutely gobsmacked with this developer.

I have said it before, I am ok with this **** happening with an MMO (they are totally different beasts), but we should not accept this rubbish from standalone AAA titles.

I am made even more furious that there has not been any formal response from the dev team.

Ubisoft leaders complain about people torrenting their games. I certainly don't blame people for doing so after this release. With all the poor service that ubisoft has issued as of late. I totally see it as an act of defiance towards poor service.

What a disgrace.

P.S. And why do i have to type a captcha in with every post1?!?!

bonorbitz
11-19-2014, 01:30 AM

I have found a fix.

When i have disable the Logitech Gaming Software in Windows Autostart and reboot my System.

I hope it works for all.

I was experiencing the Black Screen this morning. When I got home from work I unplugged my Logitech Attack 3 joystick, updated my Nvidia driver through GeForce Experience, fired up uPlay and launched the game with no problem.

Armaron
11-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Had the same issue. Black windowed screen with nothing happening. Had my logitech extreme 3D pro joystick plugged in at the time and an external drive that was also still plugged in but powered down and yep, removing that from it's USB ports fixed it. Now played the game with no issue. Hopefully Ubisoft are paying attention and add a fix to allow for plugged in logitech devices. Shouldn't be all the hard to fix since it seems to be a common problem. But yeah, wishful thinking right?

lithiusv
11-19-2014, 02:24 AM
We have 18,800 views of this thread (which suggests a large problem) and we have 0 official comments from ubisoft developers?

What is going on here?!?! It is ridiculous.

mkil5
11-19-2014, 02:26 AM
I am still getting black screen on boot. I installed the game to my C:/ drive it was originally on my E:/ drive, I saw where it may be a problem if it is not on the same drive as Windows, so I put it on my SSD.

I have unplugged all USB devices except for my mouse and keyboard, because I need them. And there are no joystick emulator software installed. In HID in my device manager it only has two listings, "USB Input Device", my mouse and keyboard.

I am using Windows 8.1...

Any ideas? This is absolutely beyond ridiculous.

hatchet724
11-19-2014, 02:40 AM

I have found a fix.

I hope it works for all.

So the fix i hear is Logitech to be disabled. WELL all my equipment is Logitech kb / mouse / headset ..ya all the stuff you NEED TO PLAY THE GAME......this is the biggest pile of **** i've seen i have 400+ games in steam and this is the 1 that will not work .. UBI can just stop making games now.

WildBill13
11-19-2014, 02:45 AM
I've got the same exact problem. The error message says Far Cry 4 NOT RESPONDING!

Dhawansagar93
11-19-2014, 02:55 AM
Disconnecting my Logitech G27 Wheel stopped the crash.. The moment i plug it in, it crashes.

Deygus
11-19-2014, 03:57 AM
We have 18,800 views of this thread (which suggests a large problem) and we have 0 official comments from ubisoft developers?

What is going on here?!?! It is ridiculous.

I couldn't expect anything less especially since Ubisoft has released nothing but fails since AC3. I never had any issues with any of their games until after AC3 came out then I noticed everything was all **** rolling down hill. My best guess at this point is the same fail development team who has been working on the other failed games worked on FC4 as well. I never had any problems with any of their games with FC3 and earlier. I think it's safe to say their devs are probably scrambling around trying to figure it out now and all we can do is yell at them until it gets fixed and hope for the best that they actually do fix it soon!

P.S. - At this rate, I think I'm done buying games from Ubisoft. This will likely be the very last one until they prove otherwise...

mendobendo
11-19-2014, 04:20 AM
I had the problem all day with none of those being apart of the solution. Unplugging did nothing for me. The problem was just solved for me when I ran CCleaner on my registry and fixed all the issues there. There were only a few as I just reinstalled windows 7 pro x64 yesterday. Then I ran a chkdsk /f :c in a command prompt with elevated permission... ie as administrator and restarted my computer. Came back and the game ran like a champ. It's crap programing through and through. But unplugging **** only is an issue for some. A lot of others out there are good to go with doing what I did.

GEN_monkee
11-19-2014, 04:26 AM
Disconnecting my Logitech G27 Wheel stopped the crash.. The moment i plug it in, it crashes.

USB Logitech G5 gaming mouse is the only USB plugged in (& I need that to A click the game & B to play the game!!) FIRST time in my life I've ever pre ordered & more importantly pre PAID & now I know why I don't ;) Fingers crossed a patch within 24 hours!

mendobendo
11-19-2014, 04:28 AM
Dude, look at my post!

jasemcbride
11-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Dude, look at my post!

Didn't work for me

EvilPixieGrrr
11-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Hello,

Sorry for the frustration, gang. The team is aware of the black screen issue and are hoping to have a fix for you shortly.

lithiusv
11-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Hello,

Sorry for the frustration, gang. The team is aware of the black screen issue and are hoping to have a fix for you shortly.

Thanks Pixie for the update.

Although, it's disappointing that it took over 20,000 views of this thread (and +36 hours post-release) before we got some recognition of the problem by an ubisoft representative.

So yeah....

Shortly TM

:o

BWX232
11-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Dude, look at my post!

I had the problem all day with none of those being apart of the solution. Unplugging did nothing for me. The problem was just solved for me when I ran CCleaner on my registry and fixed all the issues there. There were only a few as I just reinstalled windows 7 pro x64 yesterday. Then I ran a chkdsk /f :c in a command prompt with elevated permission... ie as administrator and restarted my computer. Came back and the game ran like a champ. It's crap programing through and through. But unplugging **** only is an issue for some. A lot of others out there are good to go with doing what I did.

I wouldn't suggest ANYONE "fix all problems" in CCleaner registry "errors".

That is a good way to completely wreck your windows installation. Ask me how I know! Years of experience with CCleaner.

Please people, do NOT do this.

FreeFlyer99
11-19-2014, 06:55 AM
This is more of a workaround than a solution... but nevertheless, I got the game to finally work after spending my entire evening troubleshooting a game I pre-purchased for $60 and which I believe should be ready to play on day one!

Here's what the issue turned out to be for me....

- I unplugged my Saitek Eclipse Gaming Keyboard (model # KU-0418) and launched Far Cry 4. Low and behold... it launched for the first time!
- I setup my game options, then quit the game (this step is optional).
- To confirm my theory, I re-plugged the same Saitek Eclipse Gaming Keyboard into USB and tried to launch the game. Same black screen.
- The final confirmation came when I dusted off a regular Logitech keyboard I had and plugged it in and the game launched without issues.

Seems like the game isn't reading certain USB peripherals correctly. I'd say the keyboard is a pretty big deal. However, if you really want to play the game and have another keyboard or can play with a controller - this workaround method might work for you. Definitely give it a try. I'm about to go update my support case I filed with Ubisoft Support tonight. Kinda sad that I have to figure this issue out on my own... Get with the program , UbiSoft! Your customers aren't part of your development team!!

mendobendo
11-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Most folks are not using windows XP. Stop it. Welcome to 2k14. Windows 7 is stable and not going to kill you to kill registry errors. Even if it did, which it won't, but even if it did, it would be really easy to recover from it. Stop being an IT guy from XP days and bring your self to today.

fysk
11-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Works for me did the Device manager fix thing
I disabled all HID and everything else beside USB input device, now it works!
some only had Uninstall so i did NOT uninstall them, only disabled what was disablable (w/e)
What my device manager looks like (http://imgur.com/CSeGdnc)

All still works, makes me wonder what this is for.. even nostromo(that is clearly disabled and still mapped) and eclipse keyboard, using G502 for mouse.

Kokos3030
11-19-2014, 09:03 AM
Erm, the USB devices are the issue! Worked for me and many others, but you seem to know everything so perhaps were all wrong?.....no didn't think so.

Witam.
Miałem ten sam problem czarnego ekranu, w moim przypadku pomogło odłączenie Logitech 3D pro z gniazda USB i ponowne uruchomienie komputera.

Kioris77
11-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Same issue, i reinstall my computer and no change ...

Bigfella97
11-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Have uninstalled re installed and searched the forums - logged a support call - maybe they will get back to me in 5-7 working days.
Running Windows 8, 3.4 GHZ CPU 16GB RAM, 500 GB SSD.

This is supposed to be a GeForce Experience Game - yet it is not a supported game yet - what file and what settings do we need to change to get the game to boot? Nothing I can see anywhere helps....

Darkpriest667
11-19-2014, 12:14 PM
I simply won't bother playing it until they've fixed it and the key binding issues. I have NEVER had to unplug a device to get a game to load. That is just sloppy coding especially in 2014. I sent a support ticket with my Dxdiag as well as listing every peripheral I had plugged in as well as a message letting them know I had no intention of unplugging my peripherals to get their game to work. I got the game for free since I have a GTX 980 but if I had bought it I'd be asking for a refund about now.

MisterElegance
11-19-2014, 12:36 PM
For fu*** sake i spend my whole day long looking around in this forum for a solution nothing works for me i BOUGHT this game for fu*** 54,99€ and can´t play it, but those who download this game "illegal" without paying for this game can play it for free and for few days ubisoft gotta kidding me. Ubisoft can give this game as a gift for me and i will throw this right away. SERIOUS im just pissed off!!! unplugging every single device hahahahah holy so funny HOW CAN I PLAY WITHOUT KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OR SPEAKER?!
and guys what did we learn from this? never buy a game from ubisoft in the release day again wait 1-2 year buy it for half price or download it illegal (im sure ppl doing this cause the money isn´t worth for this) i won´t do it but some may will and i hope they do it DONT PAY FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

taylorton147
11-19-2014, 01:58 PM
im not uninstalling things i use to play games to play a game. not after spending £50 on it aswell

Deadun
11-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Just posted elsewhere but in case it may help here too.....

I feel your pain as I too suffered the black screen issue when I first tried this game.

Although I was feeling more upbeat this morning when I finally got into the game, I've yet to actually try playing it.

In the hope that sharing my process may help you/others.

Obtained a key from online key provider - activated in Uplay and downloaded overnight (not the fastest internet where I am!)

Had black window with farcry4 logo top left - would never go further and had to end task

Tried to verify files - found approx 1gb of data and downloaded what it needed

problem still existed

Updated all system and Nvidia drivers

problem still existed

found some threads discussing USB peripherals.

disconnected the Xbox controller - same issue

disconnected my Razer Orbweaver - ooooo now I get to the loading screen...bar progress and some funny coloured balls floating across the background.
But the progress bar only gets to 'two thirds' then stops...have to end task.

updated the razer software - same 'two thirds' issue

removed the razer software - same 'two thirds' issue

tried swapping my razer mouse for a logitech one - same 'two thirds' issue - other than KB/Mouse - nothing else USB plugged in.

When I installed the game I was a bit worried about the space on my C: boot/OS SSD and had changed the install location for both the 'installer' and 'game' to my data drive (D: in my case, pardon the pun)

Checking the 'installer'/cache location - thought it strange that it was empty?

Checked the registry and couldn't see an easy way to change/hack the installer location back to C: - boo.

As I use Steam and had other Ubisoft titles in there I checked the C: location for the installer cache - which had files in it.

Something amiss with the change of installer location? maybe an issue with having Steam Ubisoft and just Uplay Ubisoft titles installed and the different locations?

Verified the files again - this time 14gb to download!!

Decided to take the pain and re-install the lot!

This time I set the 'installer' path back to default and only changed the game install location to my data drive.

Left to download overnight and this morning I could finally get past the 'two thirds' to the game screen. Had to leave to get to work

Hopeful that it'll work tonight. (not tried plugging the orbweaver back in yet either)

Good luck.

WildBill13
11-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Any USB devices? Unplug them. May have to remove drivers too OR wait until the release and see if still happens.

What release would that be? I removed my mouse and keyboard and plugged in a PS2 mouse and keyboard. Still black screen. Sure would like to see this work after the money we've all spent.

ace3001
11-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Just posted elsewhere but in case it may help here too.....

I feel your pain as I too suffered the black screen issue when I first tried this game.

Although I was feeling more upbeat this morning when I finally got into the game, I've yet to actually try playing it.

In the hope that sharing my process may help you/others.

Obtained a key from online key provider - activated in Uplay and downloaded overnight (not the fastest internet where I am!)

Had black window with farcry4 logo top left - would never go further and had to end task

Tried to verify files - found approx 1gb of data and downloaded what it needed

problem still existed

Updated all system and Nvidia drivers

problem still existed

found some threads discussing USB peripherals.

disconnected the Xbox controller - same issue

disconnected my Razer Orbweaver - ooooo now I get to the loading screen...bar progress and some funny coloured balls floating across the background.
But the progress bar only gets to 'two thirds' then stops...have to end task.

updated the razer software - same 'two thirds' issue

removed the razer software - same 'two thirds' issue

tried swapping my razer mouse for a logitech one - same 'two thirds' issue - other than KB/Mouse - nothing else USB plugged in.

When I installed the game I was a bit worried about the space on my C: boot/OS SSD and had changed the install location for both the 'installer' and 'game' to my data drive (D: in my case, pardon the pun)

Checking the 'installer'/cache location - thought it strange that it was empty?

Checked the registry and couldn't see an easy way to change/hack the installer location back to C: - boo.

As I use Steam and had other Ubisoft titles in there I checked the C: location for the installer cache - which had files in it.

Something amiss with the change of installer location? maybe an issue with having Steam Ubisoft and just Uplay Ubisoft titles installed and the different locations?

Verified the files again - this time 14gb to download!!

Decided to take the pain and re-install the lot!

This time I set the 'installer' path back to default and only changed the game install location to my data drive.

Left to download overnight and this morning I could finally get past the 'two thirds' to the game screen. Had to leave to get to work

Hopeful that it'll work tonight. (not tried plugging the orbweaver back in yet either)

Good luck.

Your issue is a different one to what's described in this thread. You can safely plug all your devices back in.

What's in this thread is about complete black. No logos, no two thirds.

heyman47
11-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Unplug the tools that people use to control their computers to play a computer game is NOT a proper solution at all ! F*ck UBI !

Ranger515
11-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Iv'e mad a ticket on ubi support and so far ive been having fairly fast responses. Im following them ill keep updating you on weather or not this is worth it.:nonchalance:

GamerPET
11-19-2014, 04:09 PM
I just unplugged my Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel and I was able to get into the game!

Sandcracka
11-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Iv'e mad a ticket on ubi support and so far ive been having fairly fast responses. Im following them ill keep updating you on weather or not this is worth it.:nonchalance:
Lucky you. Support has stopped responding to me. I got 1 reply fairly quickly, now they stopped responding.

Ranger515
11-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Lucky you. Support has stopped responding to me. I got 1 reply fairly quickly, now they stopped responding.

Well it took about 3 qauters of a day to respond again. they told me too update mynvidia drivers doing that now.

Kyokai01
11-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Having same issues although im using windows 8.1 and yea i refuse to unplug all my gaming **** to play this game. Ill wait for a fix. I was on the fence buying this game anyway so no rush but no even being able to load it up makes me wish i would have just waited like i know i should have.

sfinx121
11-19-2014, 05:09 PM

That is very stupid response ... unplug USB devices and game will work doesn't mean he wasn't right. If you need to unplug any normal/regular devices from pc in order to start game that means that game is sh!t.

BigJdubb
11-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Has there been an official response or acknowledgement to this problem yet? I have decided to just wait for a hotfix or patch since it sounds like the game plays like crap even if you can get it to start up but I haven't seen anything from UBI acknowledging that the problem even exists.

taylorton147
11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Has there been an official response or acknowledgement to this problem yet? I have decided to just wait for a hotfix or patch since it sounds like the game plays like crap even if you can get it to start up but I haven't seen anything from UBI acknowledging that the problem even exists.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953264-IMPORTANT-Patch-2-Preview/ not in patch 2 apperently, gotta get the hair fixed first

BigJdubb
11-19-2014, 05:28 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953264-IMPORTANT-Patch-2-Preview/page8 not in patch 2 apperently, gotta get the hair fixed first

I understand it's not in Patch 2, I wouldn't expect it to be since patch 2 was probably planned out long before these problems popping up on release day.

It seems like it would be beneficial for UBI to make some sort of official response in the forums letting people know they are aware of the issues that are happening and working on it. Without that acknowledgement the bad vibes are festering and people are getting more and more pissed.

X_KNIGHTACE_X
11-19-2014, 05:36 PM
At this point with Far Cry 4, I feel like a frustrated customer at a fancy restaurant that reserved a table. Everyone that was seated after me is enjoying their meal, but I am not. Thieves (pirates) have already stolen food from the kitchen as well and are promptly enjoying their food in the alley. Meanwhile I'm sitting here looking for a waiter to see where my meal has gone when the waiter does come by I'm told that it will be done "shortly". And at this point me and a handful of others are still sitting and waiting until everybody leaves and turns the lights off.......

This is a ridiculous analogy I know, but it's how I feel I'm being treated about a game I've looked forward to for months and I am unable to play because of this black screen on start up. I have tried everything to fix it, short of sacrificing a virgin to a volcano. And we are told it will be fixed "shortly" please tell me why the game industry can get away with such things? It would be understandable if the game was a little wonky on release, but I can't even watch the INTRO.http://thecmiteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/reality.jpg

taylorton147
11-19-2014, 05:40 PM
At this point with Far Cry 4, I feel like a frustrated customer at a fancy restaurant that reserved a table. Everyone that was seated after me is enjoying their meal, but I am not. Thieves (pirates) have already stolen food from the kitchen as well and are promptly enjoying their food in the alley. Meanwhile I'm sitting here looking for a waiter to see where my meal has gone when the waiter does come by I'm told that it will be done "shortly". And at this point me and a handful of others are still sitting and waiting until everybody leaves and turns the lights off.......

This is a ridiculous analogy I know, but it's how I feel I'm being treated about a game I've looked forward to for months and I am unable to play because of this black screen on start up. I have tried everything to fix it, short of sacrificing a virgin to a volcano. And we are told it will be fixed "shortly" please tell me why the game industry can get away with such things? It would be understandable if the game was a little wonky on release, but I can't even watch the INTRO.

the thing i am really worried about is if it crashes on start, will i be able to apply the patch that might fix it? cause i wasn't prompted for the first patch so i don't know if its installed or not

Swain217
11-19-2014, 05:41 PM
http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185417-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Still same old Soon(TM) unfortunately.

taylorton147
11-19-2014, 05:45 PM
http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185417-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

well hey, i have been moaning all night, but with this at least they have officially announced the problem and that they were able to replicate it. so we are half a step forward

XLeonnXX
11-19-2014, 06:02 PM
It is the first game that gave me to buy from ubisoft, and I see that it is the last, this error "(black screen") makes my head hurt because I lost money, I hope they solve or explain us suseden, If you find solution Please Say it, (does not help me to unplug the usb)

maniacmatt73
11-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Im not sure if my problem is the same as the black screen, but when i try to launch FC4 it just flashes a screen then disables the start launch button for 5 seconds. I submitted a ticket and tried everything i could find, nothing helped. I have a razor naga and rosewill rgb 80, computer can handle the game easily.

BigJdubb
11-19-2014, 06:43 PM

This is exactly what I wanted to see. While it is unfortunate that many of us are having issues I have become used to release day problems, granted I can't recall a game that I couldn't start on release day but most aren't optimal for weeks. I will just wait patiently for the fix.

I enjoyed the hell out of all the previous Far Cry games and I expect I will enjoy this one just as much once I get a chance to play it. There is a lot of negativity towards Ubisoft right now but I only have limited experience with their games, Far Cry series and Call of Juarez series. This is the first Ubisoft game I have played that I have had any serious issues with so I am not as upset as most. Maybe if I had Assassins Creed or some of the other games I would feel differently.

ace3001
11-19-2014, 06:52 PM

our initial findings suggest that this may be the result of the presence of certain peripherals that are causing conflicts.

10 bucks says they will do nothing and tell us to remove all USB devices and play.

Ranger515
11-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Well my ticket has now told me just too wait for the patch slash update. I just hope we get to play it tomorrow

felixyeezy
11-19-2014, 11:13 PM
i have FC4 v0.1.0.1 (patch 2 i believe - made an update via uplay), still black screen

vancalar
11-19-2014, 11:23 PM
In my case, the "black screen" mean it shows FarCry 4 splash at first, then shows WINDOWED (but covering whole screen) application, with "far cry 4" on title bar and black background.
If i click somewhere on this, title bar changes to "far cry 4 - not responding". Is this the "black screen" kind that You guys experience? And did anybody found "workaround" to this kind of behaviour ?
I've got no usb devices attached except mouse and KB ( both changed to other types allready)
Regards

BigBadWolfski
11-19-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm seeing the exact same symptoms.... Closing Logitech software and MSI Afterburner makes no difference.

What I see when the black screen is up in Task Manager is one core out of four racing at 100%... processor is Intel i5-4670K here at stock speed.

Suggests maybe a processor compatibility thing ??? Speculating wildly...!

Any others with same CPU family as me and same issue ?

FreeFlyer99
11-20-2014, 01:02 AM
I had the frustrating issue of the black windowed screen for the first several hours of attempting to play FC4 last night. The ONLY thing that worked for me and allowed the game to run was to unplug my Saitek Eclipse gaming keyboard. Fortunately, I had another regular Logitech keyboard that I could use. With the gaming keyboard unplugged, the FC4 game launched without issues.

I know its BS to have to unplug something as basic and necessary as a keyboard - but just try it and see if this works for you.

UBI... get on this right away!

mrgeorge077
11-20-2014, 01:09 AM
Just received the following e-mail. :D

Daniel @ Ubisoft Support 2014-11-19 23:56 GMT

We are pleased to say that we have been able to remedy the issue (identified in our Known Issues list yesterday) which caused some PC versions of Far Cry 4 to go directly to a black screen due to the presence of external USB devices. Some players have been able to temporarily fix this problem by disabling USB devices and certain drivers, but we realize this was in no way ideal.

For that reason, this Friday, November 21st, we’ll be releasing Patch 1.4.0 for PC that should remedy the problem and allow you, as a PC player to enjoy the game as normal.

Though Patch 1.4.0 will contain additional fixes on release, we wanted to let users know that the black screen issue has been tackled. An update containing the full list of fixes will be posted to the News Section of the Far Cry 4 page prior to the patch being released on Friday.

If you would like additional help, please click on the link to update this ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

cyphermagnum
11-20-2014, 01:17 AM
Ubisoft is the new EA, folks. They are a triple-A gaming publisher - and they really, really could care less about the vocal minority (which I'm guessing we are) with issues. Why?

Because the consumer base, as a whole, has NO memory.

Your cries of "I'm NEVER buying your piece of **** games again, Ubi! I'LL SHOW YOU!" are minute, and fall on deaf ears. Because the ONLY thing a company of this size will understand is when their profits are noticeably impacted - which simply isn't going to happen. We all bought the game (or got it as an nVidia incentive, but for this example, it's effectively the same), so they got your $$$ already. And when their next prematurely-shipped and botched release comes out?

You'll buy that too.

Don't believe me? Statistics back me up. Collectively, we just don't have the ability to hold on to the indignant rage we all are feeling. Come another year or two - you'll buy ACwhatever or Far Cry whatever.

And Ubi wins.

Can you blame them? Sure. Does it matter? No.

Because you're the one perpetuating the cycle. (and so am I, for that matter).

Just accept it. Mediocrity is the new black.

Now, who's got the next rant up? I need more entertainment. :D

Assassin_Reda
11-20-2014, 01:22 AM

We are pleased to say that we have been able to remedy the issue (identified in our Known Issues list yesterday) which caused some PC versions of Far Cry 4 to go directly to a black screen due to the presence of external USB devices. Some players have been able to temporarily fix this problem by disabling USB devices and certain drivers, but we realize this was in no way ideal.

For that reason, this Friday, November 21st, we’ll be releasing Patch 1.4.0 for PC that should remedy the problem and allow you, as a PC player to enjoy the game as normal.

Though Patch 1.4.0 will contain additional fixes on release, we wanted to let users know that the black screen issue has been tackled. An update containing the full list of fixes will be posted to the News Section of the Far Cry 4 page prior to the patch being released on Friday.

If you would like additional help, please click on the link to update this ticket.

Yay awesome news. Now I can finally sleep in peace.

JTRch
11-20-2014, 01:39 AM
Very frustrating after my problems with the 0x600001 failure on AC Unity, now that. I hope this problem will be fixed soon.

JomGabbar
11-20-2014, 01:51 AM
I finally managed to make the game run and played hrough the Prologue. Was fun and all until the Prologue ends and a new loading screen appears...and freeze there...Same kind of bug i've had when the game wouldn't load at all, just a freezed or black screen in front of me.

Hope friday's patch will correct this too...

raptor402
11-20-2014, 02:24 AM
The game worked the first few times. It would stutter when I got to the launch screen but work just fine. Today, I had to alt+tab out and return to get rid of the black screen. Now, it just gives me a black screen on startup and no way to exit the application. I had to hard restart my PC twice because of this.

felixyeezy
11-20-2014, 02:33 AM
In my case, the "black screen" mean it shows FarCry 4 splash at first, then shows WINDOWED (but covering whole screen) application, with "far cry 4" on title bar and black background.
If i click somewhere on this, title bar changes to "far cry 4 - not responding". Is this the "black screen" kind that You guys experience? And did anybody found "workaround" to this kind of behaviour ?
I've got no usb devices attached except mouse and KB ( both changed to other types allready)
Regards

i have the exact same problem

NicolasTAPA
11-20-2014, 01:33 PM
i have the exact same problem

Me tooo. Thanks UBI for this "gift". I preorder 2 pcs FarCry4 Limited Edition and now, after 2 days, i'm not able to play. :mad:

RostokMcSponge
11-20-2014, 01:39 PM
I finally managed to make the game run and played hrough the Prologue. Was fun and all until the Prologue ends and a new loading screen appears...and freeze there...Same kind of bug i've had when the game wouldn't load at all, just a freezed or black screen in front of me.

Hope friday's patch will correct this too...

If you mouse over the center of the screen does the cursor change? If it does, you've got an error dialog hiding behind the game. Do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and start the Task Manager, that will let you see the error dialog and close it all down. And then you can send the error details to Ubi so there's a chance it'll get fixed. (I can't remember if those details are in the error dialog, or whether you have to use Event Viewer to get them)

orrgroup
11-20-2014, 01:45 PM
I have the exact same problem with the black screen. Hopefully, Friday's patch will do the trick..but why Friday? why not today(Thursday)???

TheBoneFreak
11-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I am really kind of surprised at how many people throw temper tantrums over a game not working perfectly on every PC in the world. Would you rather it work perfectly on xbox as an xbox exclusive ? I pre-ordered unity and far cry and i cant player either one and i am just thankful both available on PC ! Think about how many possible Pc confifurations there are - its far easier to say screw it and develop for a single crap configuration called xbox or ps4. I would rather be playing a week late on my beloved PC than never since i will never own a console. Just a little perpective and something to think about in this new landscape where us Pc gamers are usually just skipped altogether

M-Rebiv4
11-20-2014, 02:38 PM
@RostokMcSponge (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/362442-RostokMcSponge) No, there is no error message

@TheBoneFreak (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1677811-TheBoneFreak) Normally I would agree with you that having it available at all is a great thing for PC users. Ubisoft has always been supportive of PC port or PC exclusive games. I hope they continue that path, but at the same time, this issue is so widespread and so prevalent on so many configurations of such a huge disparity that it cannot be written off as a fluke or bad start. It is just poor quality control. This game should have been alpha/beta tested, as many other companies do, on as many configurations, minimum settings, maximum settings, whatever, as possible. The fact that it wasn't leads me to believe that they A) Were forced to rush it out the door or B) There were oversights that are just unacceptable for a game that they expect you to pay 60/90$ for in today's economic client where many gamers do their best to pick which games they buy every year way ahead of time, as I did.

This patch better fix my issues. I reformatted and reinstalled Windows 7 64, which I wanted to do anyways. When that didn't work, I decided to just upgrade to Windows 8.1 as I've had a key for a year and never used it. That didn't fix it either. I have no controllers installed and I disabled all the drivers I possibly could and started the game with everything unplugged by using a timed macro to start it after I unplugged keyboard and mouse and all HIDs. I've got a bad fear the fix won't fix it for me.

taylorton147
11-20-2014, 02:41 PM
I am really kind of surprised at how many people throw temper tantrums over a game not working perfectly on every PC in the world. Would you rather it work perfectly on xbox as an xbox exclusive ? I pre-ordered unity and far cry and i cant player either one and i am just thankful both available on PC ! Think about how many possible Pc confifurations there are - its far easier to say screw it and develop for a single crap configuration called xbox or ps4. I would rather be playing a week late on my beloved PC than never since i will never own a console. Just a little perpective and something to think about in this new landscape where us Pc gamers are usually just skipped altogether

dude, sounds like you haven't been paying attention. this whole thread is about the game not being playable at all. i get that it is harder to optimize for all the different pc rigs out there but this thread has had over 20000 views meaning its a wide spread problem and not just something small like they didn't configure it for one set up

GEN_monkee
11-20-2014, 03:18 PM
:mad:

THREE days & still no patch? how do I go about a refund?!?!?!

XLeonnXX
11-20-2014, 03:57 PM
And when solution (Friday 21) missed the entire week trying to fix it pays us to eachother , lost by mistake them hours, at least we have to give something , such as a free DLC or something.

TheBoneFreak
11-20-2014, 04:53 PM
dude, sounds like you haven't been paying attention. this whole thread is about the game not being playable at all. i get that it is harder to optimize for all the different pc rigs out there but this thread has had over 20000 views meaning its a wide spread problem and not just something small like they didn't configure it for one set up

If you re-read, i can't play either game. I have the same black screen as everyone else which is how i found this thread. My worry is that some "suit" at ubisoft is going to read these idle threats like "i'll never buy another ubisoft game !" From PC gamers and say "you know what, its not worth the extra work to code for PC". And the reality is that they probably will buy more ubisoft fames because news flash - a ton of publishers are gone. Closed shop, bye bye. I understand being frustrated - i'm bummed, far cry 3 is one of my favorite games of all time - but i dont understand throwing temper tantrums and making idle threats when at least we get this title on our platform. Look, it took a petition to get GTA 5 for pc. I just wish the PC community in general would be a little more greatful and maybe we would get more good titles. If i was the dev, spent millions to make a game and all i heard was "i'll never buy your crap again" - i'd likely code for console too - i'm sure its a whole lot easier....

escriven
11-20-2014, 04:55 PM
And when solution (Friday 21) missed the entire week trying to fix it pays us to eachother , lost by mistake them hours, at least we have to give something , such as a free DLC or something.

Gods bless you Google Translate :)

If you're saying what I think you're saying, I agree. What are UBISOFT going to do to compensate those of us who have been unable to play the game for the last week? At least some sort of token gesture to say "Sorry for messing-up... *again*"?

Rocker_lx
11-20-2014, 05:27 PM
I had the black screen when I tried to launch the game, then I closed all Logitech controller apps, after this the game would launch.

(I haven't read the whole threat, so if this has been proposed already then disregard)

grumpycrab
11-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Black screen at start solved for me by replacing Saitek USB keyboard with cheap Dell USB keyboard.

xMiiSTY
11-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Hey, everyone. Check this out! >> http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-185596-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

felixyeezy
11-20-2014, 06:25 PM
i have a basic keyboard and mouse, so no HID to unplug, still black sreen. i hope the 3rd patch will really do the trick

buck614
11-20-2014, 07:07 PM
The only thing I have plugged in to my computer is a standard USB mouse and keyboard. These are stock peripherals with no additional features or software. I really think this patch is not going to fix my issue unfortunately. This is the first time I bought something full price as opposed to waiting for it to go on sale on Steam. Perhaps I should have just waited.

XLeonnXX
11-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Gods bless you Google Translate :)

If you're saying what I think you're saying, I agree. What are UBISOFT going to do to compensate those of us who have been unable to play the game for the last week? At least some sort of token gesture to say "Sorry for messing-up... *again*"?

haha yes i use google translate, I ask them to give us something for their error ( ubisoft ) is not our fault that i have bought a game that does not work, free DLC for "Black screen"

arturmikael
11-20-2014, 11:39 PM
http://s17.postimg.org/4xdlf3vkb/FC4.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4xdlf3vkb/)

Human Interface Devices - Disable All

See in the picture!!!!

---------------------------------------------

Try to disable all USB that you find : mouse , keyboard, printer, usb wireless network, bluetooth, card reader....

Otherwise it remains only to wait an official resolution.

Ubisoft said that this week will solve this problem

Assassin_Reda
11-20-2014, 11:47 PM

See in the picture!!!!

I don't have human interface option in system options.

dr.arachnicus
11-21-2014, 02:31 AM

See in the picture!!!!

Try to disable all USB that you find : mouse , keyboard, printer, usb wireless network, bluetooth, card reader....

Sooooooooo how can you play a game by disabling what you need to play it? How exactly is this not the dumbest solution to this tard problem?

M-Rebiv4
11-21-2014, 06:12 AM
Can we get an official word from an admin/dev/representative that for those of us WITHOUT any Human Interface Devices/Gamepads/Joysticks/Mice/Keyboards to disable, that they're looking into other possible causes for this black window at startup? I reformatted, reinstalled W7 x64 to no avail. After install I installed all updates from Microsoft, all version of DirectX, new Nvidia drivers for my 650TI, all the Virtual Runtime software, and .NET 3-4.5 and still had the issue with everything unplugged and all of my USB ports except 1 disabled. I then installed Windows 8.1 for the hell of it as I've had a key for a year sitting in my E-mail from a colleague who had a few extra Pro keys. Did same exact things except this time I ran a registry cleaner and all after install and updates to ensure there were no faults there. Same deal.

I'm just concerned that there are other mitigating factors that are being overlooked because of the tunnel vision on the HID cause. I REALLY hope and pray that they fix this issue with the patch later today. I've waited 3 1/2 days now basically and it's gotten to the point that I'm telling tons of people NOT to buy the game until I tell them it's fixed. Ubisoft is shooting themselves in the foot on this one. The mere fact that more extensive, and what would seem common sense beta testing did not occur using multiple configurations of hardware in multiple environments is just unfathomable. I hope it was just an oversight as I've been playing Ubisoft games since IL-2 Sturmovik came out, and that game was as flawless as a flight sim could be in 2001.

Please, fix this issue and don't let it happen again. I'd hate to see a company I've given a good amount of money to over the past 15 years get an EA-level reputation because of easily avoidable errors.

XLeonnXX
11-21-2014, 06:54 AM
Ubisoft honestly disappointed with this game so many mistakes and apologize for any message by sending the first game I buy susedido Ubisoft and disappointed, always ubisoft games not played them legally, now that I decide to buy the game is full of errors and not let me open the "Black screen"

Sorry for my bad inglish i use google translate

heyman47
11-21-2014, 07:32 AM

See in the picture!!!!

Ya, disabling everything people use to control their computer or computer game to play a computer game is a really great solution....

I know you 're trying to help but it's not working for many of us.

Siman.Slivar
11-21-2014, 08:01 AM
yeah Ubisoft is the new EA. Their product testing team must have been drunk to OK this. They also must run these things on NVIDIA made computers only because AMD computer run it much worse. I got both NVIDIA and AMD GPU computers the bias is laughable.

M-Rebiv4
11-21-2014, 08:40 AM
The problem is, a lot of these new multi-system games like Far Cry are designed usually on a PC to work on multiple platforms using one software. For instance, Dunia is a derivative of CryEngine. They both started as the same thing but split when one went to Ubisoft and CryTek kept working on their own more intuitive and fairly more advanced version. CryEngine and Dunia based games are more than likely built on a PC to their max specifications, and then using their programs in the software they are able to either lower the settings and change coding to work on Playstation 4 for instance, or tune it up to work on PC at their maximum available yields. This makes it far easier to build a game meant for multiple systems. HOWEVER, doing so leads to errors and bugs like what we see here.

It is fairly apparent that there was very little stress or quality control testing on the PC because it worked on the other version, and hey, if it works on the less advanced Xbox and Playstation consoles, it has to work on the PC, right? I'm not saying they didn't test it AT ALL, but I'm saying that steps were obviously not taken to ensure the game was properly managed for each individual system. Ideally, they would have a team for each variation that would have a checklist of issues that may potentially crop up during play and they would play through the campaign as well as multiplayer modes to ensure they did not happen, and if they did, would make sure that the development team was made aware of them so they could be fixed before the game went Gold (ready to be shipped). This game feels more like a late-stage beta, not a game ready to be shipped out. The Day-1 patches we see nowadays are usually a good indicator that things were missed because of deadlines having to be met. That in itself usually means a less than ideal environment for the developers.

I hope this patch ends this nightmare. I can't wait to play, but my future purchases may be limited after this. Even if this is fixed business has already been hurt as veteran consumers like myself understand that things like this usually don't go away in later releases

fishboy_11
11-21-2014, 09:59 AM
did you happen to notice they altered their post about the new patch, it now says friday the 21st "or in the following days" basically in the following days technically means from the 21st to the end of time, its not a specific time frame, so enjoy your wait for the fix they have had since wednesday night by their own admission, bu they want to bundle it with the new patch instead of on its own as a hotfix to make their life easier, so sucks to be you.

i was thinking of buying the game when i get paid but this has left a sour taste in my mouth

alecmy
11-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Just bought the game today and I'm having the same issue it looks like others are having. Black screen when i pull up the game, anyone know when this problem is supposed to be fixed? patches? anything..:nonchalance:

Fornax0123
11-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Same problem here.
It is working though after disabling my Saitek X52pro.
Makes you wonder if they have beta-(alpha!)testet it at all on PC...

Not impressed Ubisoft.

madasafox
11-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Same problem. Just waited 7 hours for the download to complete (and yes I did pay for it with real money although sometimes I wonder why).

Run the game and black windowed screen on starting FC4 not responding.

Unplugging Saitek Pro52 joystick and Saitek rudder pedals and the game runs.

How the hell did Ubisoft not pick this up?

Here's a hint. Don't let the work experience kid run the PC beta program.

Lensman
11-21-2014, 01:25 PM
did you happen to notice they altered their post about the new patch, it now says friday the 21st "or in the following days" basically in the following days technically means from the 21st to the end of time, its not a specific time frame, so enjoy your wait for the fix they have had since wednesday night by their own admission, bu they want to bundle it with the new patch instead of on its own as a hotfix to make their life easier, so sucks to be you.

i was thinking of buying the game when i get paid but this has left a sour taste in my mouth

Indeed so. Not content with making a total mess of the release and taking too long to promise a patch on a specific date they are now dropping that promise in favour of a vague timescale. Just terrible!

Pieerke
11-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Well, I've been trying to get this game working for 6 hours now and I am starting to deeply regret I bought it. Tried all suggested options on the web and still it keeps randomly crashing during the introduction scene. No error reporting, nothing. Just a screen freeze :mad: All we can do is hope for a future patch or what?

turmsik
11-21-2014, 04:21 PM
The problem is, a lot of these new multi-system games like Far Cry are designed usually on a PC to work on multiple platforms using one software.

I hope this patch ends this nightmare. I can't wait to play, but my future purchases may be limited after this. Even if this is fixed business has already been hurt as veteran consumers like myself understand that things like this usually don't go away in later releases

I couldn't have said it better. It all seems like we're all Beta-Testers, who even paid for this experience :mad: Like many people here I'll never do the same mistake again to prepurchase Ubisoft game. I just hope it will all be fixed before it starts to be discounted game on various sell-out sites (that would make it a real waste of money).

M-Rebiv4
11-21-2014, 04:23 PM
If they indeed did stealth-edit their comments saying the patch to fix these issues would be out today when they basically stated for a fact that on this day a patch would be out, that is just another unbelievable stab in the back to their customers. I had the option of picking up some much needed work today and I decided "Well, they promised a patch, so at least there's a 90% chance ill finally get to play" and now I'm just detesting that decision. I think I'm going to buy Dragon Age and say forget Far Cry for now. At least that game is working for my friends and it'll last a lot longer.

FaLiar
11-21-2014, 05:46 PM
some say, that some processors have disabled cores, like : AMD: Phenom II X4 9xxT, Phenom II X4 9xx, Phenom II X3 7xx, Phenom II X2 5xx, Athlon II X4 6xx, Athlon II X3 4xx, Athlon II X2 2xx, Semprom 140. so, you need to activate them too in the BIOS, and this "solves" some "black screen" problem. use this program : BIOS: CPU Core Activation

just try it, maybe helps

PureEvilRaccoon
11-21-2014, 06:01 PM
It looks like that the game is not support CPUs with less than 4 cores (or 2 cores with HT). It causes black screen appear at the game start, like a bug with USB, HID devices.
Actually, new Dragon Age is officially not supporting it too.

carljohnson0000
11-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I have completely lost faith that this will be fixed this week. I bought the collectors edition of this game, i played my part by pre-ordering, i booked time off work in preparation to play it and now i am left with nothing but a half a*se promise of a fix sometime in the future. Never again will i pre-order any of your game, because time after time you display a complete lack of respect for your customers, you have a lets release it and fix it later attitude, we are not your beta tester we are consumers who payed for a product and when that product does not work we have a legal right to demand it be fixed, which means that when you are able to fix it you do this without delay, you have already stated that you have solved this problem so why have you not released the patch. Your games are great but your business model stinks, great games will only carry you so far, if you constantly treat your customers this way eventually they will turn on you.

nelson_eks
11-21-2014, 06:40 PM
this is a guarantee to work for you

CLOSE Rivatunerstaticserver and afterburner

make sure it's closed under task manager

every thing works perfectly fine now!

sokoltdx
11-21-2014, 07:03 PM
It looks like that the game is not support CPUs with less than 4 cores (or 2 cores with HT). It causes black screen appear at the game start, like a bug with USB, HID devices.

I got Athlon II x3 450, i unlocked my 4 core ( now phenom x4 b50) and game works :) THANKS A LOT !

Job3kk
11-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Where is the ****ing patch!?

JustLynx
11-21-2014, 09:50 PM
we can forget about the patch in this weekend
the rep on Steam just said they've delayed it due to "unforeseen circumstances" (yeah right, they changed their release date from friday to friday or following days so it wasn't unforseen)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/298110/discussions/0/624075566735483380/

Give us a hotfix i want to play this game! i can't even run the game!!! and this is my free weekend!!! wtf are you doing Ubisoft!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!

Ranger515
11-21-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm calling them tomorrow, this is the final straw. I'm not going to wait a whole weekend just to play a game a already paid for and isn't working ESPECIALLY after they clearly stated and i quote "the black screen problem has been tackled". I got through to them once, they said they'd help me, they did practically eff all to. I'm calling again.

Ubisoft ain't getting nothing from father Christmas dis year, they've been naughty!

lithiusv
11-21-2014, 10:36 PM
An other ninja edit, this time on Steam forum by Ubisoft.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...4#post10364924

cyphermagnum
11-21-2014, 11:05 PM
An other ninja edit, this time on Steam forum by Ubisoft.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...4#post10364924

Already Deleted. Whassamatter, Ubi, can't take the truth?

hehe. This is getting fantastic. :o

felixyeezy
11-21-2014, 11:12 PM
i dont know if this is related in any way to the black screen issue, but i cant unlock any rewards in uplay(soundtrack, wallpapers ...). "we were unable to complete that action right now. please try again later." anybody else having the same problem or knows a way to solve this ? (maybe the new patch will fix it)

mcrr
11-21-2014, 11:35 PM
This is the sort of thing that shouldn't have made it past the alpha build. Sure, bugs are expected, but the game being a paperweight isn't.

Ikenlob
11-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Just adding my voice to the chorus in the unlikely event they make it right and chip us some free game gear on the backend. Bought the game as I promised a few friends to join them in the FC community when it came out. (Never got into FC2 (PS3) or FC3 (PC). Original is still one of the best PC games eva though.

So, anyway, same black screen issue. I lol'd for several minutes when I read the "we have a fix now and promise you can have it Friday, maybe, maybe sometime in the future."

Sorry, I LOL'd again for a bit after I typed it.

Back to BF4 then. That game had some issues, but at least I could see images on the screen and DICE actually replied to issues as best they could on the forum the first few days. Also, amazingly enough, I could use the human input devices I had purchased to input my gaming intentions as a human into my PC.

Someone let me know if they ever get this thing going. k.thx.

waddy246
11-21-2014, 11:48 PM
If you've solved the black screen issue (http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-GB/news/live-updates-detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-185596-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) why can't we have a hotfix now, rather than waiting for a patch to address other bugs which "may" be out early next week?

This makes absolutely no sense unless UBI be telling porkies.

mrahma19
11-21-2014, 11:53 PM
I tested the cpu theory and it proves to be correct.... I think they launched the game to only quad core and above currently? (not just he usb issue) I guess the new patch will fix that when it comes out.

Am probably one of the lucky few that has a phenom x3 core and unlocked my forth core and like magic game boots and runs with no issues.

BWX232
11-21-2014, 11:56 PM
Update: November 21st, 3:30PM Due to a minor delay this patch may be pushed to sometime early next week. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update you if we have a new ETA.

What a bunch of $%^&^&&%*&!!!! Just release the patch already. WTH.

Darkpriest667
11-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Update: November 21st, 3:30PM Due to a minor delay this patch may be pushed to sometime early next week. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update you if we have a new ETA.

LOL wow Ubi, just wow...

taylorton147
11-22-2014, 12:25 AM

preorder game, wait a week to even get to main menu of said game. this is ridiculous and the fact that this thread has so many views is setting of alot of alarms to if this was a rushed release or not. I just wanted to play far cry 4 on my day off. not beta test to see if the game actually works with a keyboard and mouse

Azatiel
11-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Alright i guess i ll do the same add my post to this thread! ive had the same issue since the launch and even better. i pre ordered the game and once done i realized i didnt had win 7 so i told myself not too bad of a thing i ll try to run it anyway! ( had the blackscreen issues too at that moment ) the next day i format and install win 7 with hopes that i could play the game when i get back from work! again i got ****ed up by those black screens ! as usb external stuff i have 1 logitech g13 / external hard drive and obviously keyboard and mouse! even if i remove the gamepad and the drive nothing changes ! im hoping that patch will fix the issue once and for all but as for now its the last tim i pre order a game from ubi. from now on i ll just wait 1 or 2 week to avoid worrying for this none sense crap !

sergeischumin
11-22-2014, 12:55 AM
We are the biggest beta tester team ever recruited.... this should have been advised as alpha/beta testing process :cool::cool::eek::eek::eek:

Jokes apart, I bet this process is going to cost BIG LOSS of preorders over next ubisoft tittles, and together with Dice's BF saga and other EA fails, this is going to harm and will be remembered. Speaking in general, the industry of videogame entertainment is clearly cost cutting in quality, like in many other industrial sectors. Of course we just have to take a look at Sony PSN recent fails, PS4 big launches leaving PSN offline etc etc, every big company is moving towards cost cutting or maybe it's better said improving profit ratio.

Power to turnaround this is in customers hands, players hands. But hype in young coustomers create too much loyalty and tend to forget the treat we are having nowadays is a scam comparing the same situation to any other product of regular life scenario, even with some years in the past when we bought a retail game, or any other thing, and it must work from day 1.

Remember what is happening these days before your next preorder ;)

fishboy_11
11-22-2014, 01:19 AM
We are the biggest beta tester team ever recruited.... this should have been advised as alpha/beta testing process :cool::cool::eek::eek::eek:

Jokes apart, I bet this process is going to cost BIG LOSS of preorders over next ubisoft tittles, and together with Dice's BF saga and other EA fails, this is going to harm and will be remembered. Speaking in general, the industry of videogame entertainment is clearly cost cutting in quality, like in many other industrial sectors. Of course we just have to take a look at Sony PSN recent fails, PS4 big launches leaving PSN offline etc etc, every big company is moving towards cost cutting or maybe it's better said improving profit ratio.

Power to turnaround this is in customers hands, players hands. But hype in young coustomers create too much loyalty and tend to forget the treat we are having nowadays is a scam comparing the same situation to any other product of regular life scenario, even with some years in the past when we bought a retail game, or any other thing, and it must work from day 1.

Remember what is happening these days before your next preorder ;)

support companies that care about pc players and dont use draconian drm like cdprojectred, you would never see anything like this from them, and GOG, both are examples of being able to make money in the PC game environment without resorting to drm, because it hurts the paying customers not the pirates and pc piracy is nowhere as bad as they make it out to be, they use it as a scapegoat and an excuse to force feed their customers horse feces and expect them to like it, i would be willing to bet money the drm always online is just as much about the game companies being able to monitor your gaming habits so they can use that data to tweak their game quality/pure garbage ratio to perfect amounts so they know just how far they can stick it in you and then blame the boogey man: The lord of all that is unholy and cause of all the worlds problems and gives babies cancer: pc piracy

im confident at a certain point its going to end and all this type of behavior is going to come back and bite them in the patooty, once the call of duty kids grow up and a newer smarter customer takes their place and is able to see the current video game industry for the broken greedy mess that it has become and they stop buying this severly overpriced stuff and the day 1 dlc and other slimey business tactics, like rockstar always holding off on releases for pc so they can get users to buy multiple copies for different platforms and basicly pay full price for something they already own, it will end eventually, and i will laugh as the execs at the big game companies end up waiting in line for their unemployment checks that they will receive on the 21st or in the following days.

and maybe some day the law will change and gamers will actually own the games they buy which isnt the case right now, you dont even fully own the games you buy these days and are limited with what you can do with them, especially if they are digital only copies

JetCheOff
11-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Can anyone tell me how/where I get patch 1.4.0, that's suppose to fix this issue?

DFC1969
11-22-2014, 01:58 AM
FYI, I had the black screen crash, changed my video card and driver from an nvidia geforce gtx 260 to a gtx 970 and it started working.

vancalar
11-22-2014, 02:41 AM

Confirmed, in my system it works after removing all hid devices (yep my mouse gone dead for some time :) ) although on my friends's PC it was perfectly the same : Black windowed screen , game "hangs" ( core 2 duo, 8GB ram, GF GTX 550 TI ), when we changed CPU to quad core (XEON) , game went smoothly! So "black screen" might be kinda misleading! So DON'T blame Ubisoft if u don't have 4 cores CPU.
(BTW. UBI - Just include CLEAR message that FC4 WILL NOT run with less than 4 (physical or logical) Processor cores and You'll get much less whining !
I thought myself, that it wouldn't be much of an issue if other specs are met!

Regards

fishboy_11
11-22-2014, 02:44 AM
FYI, I had the black screen crash, changed my video card and driver from an nvidia geforce gtx 260 to a gtx 970 and it started working.

yes because your hardware profile changed and whatever was conflicting with the game was freed up, same concept as removing usb devices, the thing is it should not happen at all and is just stupid bad coding, the game is trying to use a specific hardware setting instead of searching for an available one and using it, its probably lazy coding left over from next gen console code since next gen consoles have set hardware and their available hardware would not change, so even tho ubi said the pc was the lead platform its painfully obvious they programmed all the versions at the same time and tried to cut corners resulting in horrible code meant for consoles being used in the pc version which is why its running like poo and requires such good hardware

fishboy_11
11-22-2014, 02:45 AM
Confirmed, in my system it works after removing all hid devices (yep my mouse gone dead for some time :) ) although on my friends's PC it was perfectly the same : Black windowed screen , game "hangs" ( core 2 duo, 8GB ram, GF GTX 550 TI ), when we changed CPU to quad core (XEON) , game went smoothly! So "black screen" might be kinda misleading! So DON'T blame Ubisoft if u don't have 4 cores CPU.

not true, people have gotten it to run on dual core cpu's and people with 4 core cpus also get the black screen in fact the majority have 4 core cpu;s

its a simple hardware conflict, changing the cpu did exactly the same thing as removing a usb device, it freed up a hardware setting, irq or port that the game needs to run, its the game faukt plain and simple, its trying to use a specific hardware setting instead of looking for an available one and using it, like every other game ever, hence why other games dont do this, they got lazy and left console code in there, since on consoles the same hardware settings are always free

ace3001
11-22-2014, 03:25 AM
Problem is Dual Core alone doesn't mean anything.

The minimum requirements state Core i5-750 as the minimum requirement. This is a relatively slow, old processor despite being a quad core. An overclocked Pentium G3258 can beat this, but the game doesn't launch because it keeps searching for 4 threads.

On the other hand, the game will launch on a Core i5-3317U which is a horrendously weak CPU but has four threads.

This is just shoddy work on Ubisoft Kiev's part.

fishboy_11
11-22-2014, 03:35 AM
also a piece of hardware that didnt have the required features would not even let the game get to the black screen stage before it crashed

yumameda
11-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Well after waiting for a week and trying every single solution, I enabled Hyper-Threading on my i5 650. It works. Ofc it is a below minimun cpu but still playable as long as I don't sky dive from a radio tower.

broms12345
11-22-2014, 05:32 AM
I have found old PS/2 keyboard and managed to start the game with it.
Happy and very frustrated simultaneously

MrFreki
11-22-2014, 06:02 AM
So happy I took days off this weekend to play Far Cry 4 - so far it's nothing but black screen! :mad:

I have lost what little faith I had left in Uplay and Ubisoft - it's a shame, but if they release games in such broken stages and then doesn't even care fix it when they have the solution I'm absolutely done with them!

Happy my Far Cry 4 came free with my GTX card - they'll have to pull some magic before they earn enough faith from me to pay for their products again!

jeo47
11-22-2014, 08:05 AM
I M facing serious problem..crash...black screen..not responding..damn
pre order 1 month ago...got this game on 19th updated 3gb during 1st start and still face this problem..
people update that disable removing device from usb would solve problem.but it did not work for me..
hope ubisoft patch 1.4.0 they release in these few day..might work for me..otherwise this game will remain idle on my pc...

does anyone have solution..plz write down..

shonuff247
11-22-2014, 09:49 AM

Thanks. I disabled my usb bluetooth ****le and its working now. I've never had to do this just to get a game to run. WTF?

Ranger515
11-22-2014, 10:01 AM
this is a guarantee to work for you

CLOSE Rivatunerstaticserver and afterburner

make sure it's closed under task manager

every thing works perfectly fine now!

Yeah ummm, i don't have any of those in task manager. Your guarantee failed.

the_barnee
11-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Still black screen, and nothing else...

I waited till now, if i could find any solutions, but no way i could play the game. i bought the Kyrat Edition for about 120 €, so it's cool that i have relics for the game, i can't play with...

I pre-ordered The Crew too - im waiting for that game sooo long - but now, i must rethink my decision. what if this **** happens with that game too. i dont have 200 € for black screen, then i download it from google as a background...

Job3kk
11-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Far Cry 4 Black Screen Edition was my last game from Ubisoft

FreeFlyer99
11-22-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm sure I speak for most of you all when I say...

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, UBISOFT. We're not your alpha, beta or play testers. We don't work for your quality assurance department. We are paying customers and expect the product we pay good money for (and in many cases, pre-order!) to work!

After I found a workaround to the black screen issue by unplugging my Saitek gaming keyboard and plugging in a crappy Logitech keyboard and have been playing for a few days (waiting for your so called patch, which apparently didn't come on Friday 11/21as promised), I'll say the game is fun. However, for those who still can't play this game because of a failure to test for basic hardware and likely bullsh*t DRM), I feel bad.

I don't blame all the PC Gamers who are giving up on Ubisoft after this fiasco. This isn't the first time you've stuck your you know what into the rear-end of the gaming community.

Shame on you, Ubisoft.

AceJak
11-22-2014, 04:45 PM
ye...same problem here just clicked play FC4 from menu and after the logo had nothing but a black screen and a scotch mist:confused::(

RobShuToo
11-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Okay, so alot of people are having the black screen issue because Ubi decided to program the game on core 2 (which is actually the 3rd core of the processor), instead of core 0 or core 1.. Now check this video out.. this guy DISABLES ALL BUT 2 OF HIS CORES, and THE GAME RUNS FINE ON JUST 2 CORES!!! On ultra settings, no less!!! This is ridiculous Ubi!!! It's the greedy big corporations (Intel, AMD) forcing budget gamers to upgrade their PC's to quad cores.. I'm pretty sure if Ubi doesn't write a patch for this dual core mess (like was done for CoD Advanced Warfare, and in the past was done for Mass Effect when the gamers who only had single cores complained and BioWare wrote a patch so single cores could play it), that they're in cahoots with the processor companies.. This game can run PERFECTLY FINE on Ultra with ONLY 2 CORES!! C'mon Ubi, this is crazy.. So many people have bought this game that only have dual cores, knowing that it would run perfectly fine on their processors, only to find out that you PURPOSELY programmed it so that it wouldn't, when it's possible it can.. Here's the link.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzBJnkqZDw

brunofreitas7
11-22-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm sure I speak for most of you all when I say...

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, UBISOFT. We're not your alpha, beta or play testers. We don't work for your quality assurance department. We are paying customers and expect the product we pay good money for (and in many cases, pre-order!) to work!

After I found a workaround to the black screen issue by unplugging my Saitek gaming keyboard and plugging in a crappy Logitech keyboard and have been playing for a few days (waiting for your so called patch, which apparently didn't come on Friday 11/21as promised), I'll say the game is fun. However, for those who still can't play this game because of a failure to test for basic hardware and likely bullsh*t DRM), I feel bad.

I don't blame all the PC Gamers who are giving up on Ubisoft after this fiasco. This isn't the first time you've stuck your you know what into the rear-end of the gaming community.

Shame on you, Ubisoft.

Truth!!
I bought Gold Edition in Pre Order!! I paid a fortune for the Gold Edition of Far Cry 4 here in Brasil!! But I cannot play because because of the mistakes of Ubisoft and lack of technical assistance...
Here the game always closes at the loading screen and appears APPCRASH error. I tried to solve this adding the executable of game as an exception to DEP, but dont work! Just show the message as "can not set DEP attributes on 64-bit executables."

If ubisoft not provide a solution for the error, I will sue the distributor of the game here in Brasil and ask for my money back with compensation for inconvenience.

TobiasVosk
11-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Can anyone with the day 1 patch installed tell me if the version I have actually is the correct version?

http://i.imgur.com/lzV8Wor.jpg

Same version, same issue. Have you found a solution yet?

GEN_monkee
11-22-2014, 05:18 PM

HEY DANIEL@UBISOFT!
Today is Saturday 22nd November & guess what still no patch for black screen crash! So not only do Ubisoft not test there products properly they cant be honest about delivering fixes. Please tell me how I can get a refund, this is definitely a software issue. Any other faulty product would be refunded immediately without question but I have a feeling Ubisoft are not going to be so keen to refund.

geee2011
11-22-2014, 05:33 PM
So i just bought the game.Press play game,it goes to windowed black screen.Then says not responding.Got a fix anyone?how can it be fixed by unplugging the mouse and keyboard,need them to play it???:mad:

HaibaneX
11-22-2014, 05:45 PM
It is SATURDAY, the game was out on TUESDAY. A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN'T PLAY IT, STILL.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON UBI ? How can u be so terrible at developping PC GAMES ? Do ur devs use console to develop ???? I don't think so. How can u create games that don't work on the very hardware you use to CREATE THEM ?

How ? How can u manage to fail so bad ? How come no company, big or small, fail their release on PC like you do EVERY TIME ? Do we have to force Yves Guilemot to try to launch the game and realize how big a disaster it is in order to see some results (which would involve COUPER LE GESTIONNAIRE QA)

This is unacceptable. The price of the game already dropped to 47.99 on GMG, why did we pay a premium price to have it at release day ? Do we have to be the dumb stupid videogames customer that accepts every crap he's fed by game companies like yours and doesn't complain ? Don't we have the right to have a working product ? When you buy a toaster, phone, car, whatever, if it doesn't start on day 1, what do u do ??? U RETURN IT.

Here, we can't even return it, we have to wait to see if, maybe, the manufacturer of this disaster will eventually fix it ??? What kind of world is this ????

the_barnee
11-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Oh, and i forgot, despite i have a boxed version of the game, i cant install it from the discs, cause it says about five times, that the data is corrupted, so when i tried to delete and reinstall the game, trying to make it work, i had to download it from uplay every single time. this means about 90Gb, which took me 24 hours in total.

so, i think it is funny. verry funny. :eek:

mytmpaccoun2014
11-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Far Cry 4 Black Screen Edition was my last game from Ubisoft

Far Cry 4 Black Screen Edition :D;):D;)

Great comparison! hehe... I Cry For Far Cry Four!

I would not blame the developers, I'm sure they do what they can... But as an excuse the Ubisoft could offer such as a discount e.g. on Far Cry 3 for $ 1 at least to release patch 1.4. To shorten the time of waiting, of course.

dj_mab
11-22-2014, 06:45 PM
OK I've been able to run the game:

scenario: I have a Logitech cheap M-96BTa USB mouse and a even cheaper Trust simple USB keyboard. Also a USB Logitech G27 gaming wheel.

I unplugged the Logitech G27 wheel. Closed the Logitech Gaming software. In control panel/system/hardware devices, DISABLED (not uninstalled) logitech virtual HID device.

The game started correctly. So the bug is effectively related to a USB device. I won't do anymore tests since that is the Ubisoft technical staff task, and I do expect a patch as soon as possible to fix this disgrace.

Good luck other mates here trying to play the game they've paid and waited for so long.

I had similar problem but I have Logitech G13. After unplugging G13 and Disable autostart for Logitech Gaming Software (and reboot PC), game start working.
Ofcourse this only workaround and this should be fixed by Ubi or Logitech.

SuperDOS
11-22-2014, 07:12 PM
there is a fix that worked for me, it replaced one of the intro movies.
After I did that I could start the game again.

I also recommend making a shortcut to the game and add, -skipintro (example "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Games\Far Cry 4\bin\FarCry4.exe" -skipintro)

Link to fix (https://kickass.so/far-cry-4-black-screen-fix-t9861259.html)

yumameda
11-22-2014, 10:55 PM
It appears that Ubisoft f.cked so many different jobs simultaneously it is frusturating. And for some reason the results are the same black screen.

Assassin_Reda
11-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Same version, same issue. Have you found a solution yet?

Same problem here, i re installed uplay and now installing fc4.. see what happens now.

Gorque
11-22-2014, 11:29 PM
What a bunch of clowns. The game worked once for me. Today, black screen, notices that my license was already in use, a 10 minute ban for too many log-in attempts, (up yours) and when I attempted to use their live chat ...an indefinite hold. Speak about UbiLimp not being ready for prime-time. :mad: Clowns

Acavia
11-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Alright i guess i ll do the same add my post to this thread! ive had the same issue since the launch and even better. i pre ordered the game and once done i realized i didnt had win 7 so i told myself not too bad of a thing i ll try to run it anyway! ( had the blackscreen issues too at that moment ) the next day i format and install win 7 with hopes that i could play the game when i get back from work! again i got ****ed up by those black screens ! as usb external stuff i have 1 logitech g13 / external hard drive and obviously keyboard and mouse! even if i remove the gamepad and the drive nothing changes ! im hoping that patch will fix the issue once and for all but as for now its the last tim i pre order a game from ubi. from now on i ll just wait 1 or 2 week to avoid worrying for this none sense crap !

I also have a G13 and g500 mouse. If I uncheck the logitech gaming framework in MSCONFIG and reboot, the game will work, but I cannot use the G13 even with to-go profiles, all the profile saved on the mouse works.

I do not want to play without the G13 so it does not really help, but game does run for me without that.

heyman47
11-23-2014, 07:25 AM
This and the mouse control problem both need urgent fix!! Ubisoft, how can you fu*k up so bad in FC4?? FC3 is one of the best FPS I have ever played, but how can you fu*k up the sequel so bad with more money and resources spent on it??

PS: And fix the fu*king game save issue, I didn't encounter it yet since I can barely start the game, but I believe I will soon enough.

broms12345
11-23-2014, 11:55 AM
I have noticed game does not start if you run it straight after reboot.
If I wait for 15 minutes (browsing, etc.) - it loads OK.
Try it, maybe it will help.

geee2011
11-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Start game ,black screen ,not responding.60 euro down the drain.What you doing about it UBISOFT?

Aaron1959
11-23-2014, 06:42 PM
This and the mouse control problem both need urgent fix!! Ubisoft, how can you fu*k uo so bad in FC4?? FC3 is one of the best FPS I have ever played, but how can you fu*k up the sequel so bad with more money and resources spent on it??

PS: And fix the fu*king game save issue, I didn't encounter it yet since I can barely start the game, but I believe I will soon enough.
Umm? Sequel? nope it's forth in a series even less reason for being so phenomenally FuC(3D up!
I've been off and on with UBI soft it's always hit and miss but the bottom line is that so far consumers are willing to pay to get %$cked in the @$$.
As long as folks keep paying and supporting these folks it'll go on forever.
This is simply a business not a nursery where one is coddled and treated kindly it's SOLE FUNCTION is to make PROFITS sometimes SHORT-TERM profits are a necessary evil to produce operating capitol at the expense of long term customer loyalty, which contrary to popular belief is super unimportant REALLY repeat business is a very small factor in the gaming software business.

YOU BOUGHT THE GAME AND NOW YOURE F*&KED LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
JUST PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED, I've been active here probably before most of the devs were out of grade school and I honestly wouldnt expect ubisoft to give a rats *** about some old dude who probably spent a few hundred on UBI $hit.

Ranger515
11-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Yup Ubisoft ain't replying to my ticket, those useless ... i'm just so pissed at them right now, i literally have nothing else but a cherry keyboard and a kensington trackball, and they are telling me to unplug everything. And nothing else is working for me either.

And then there are all these people who brag about how awesome far cry 4 is, F****** UBISOFT, INCOMPETENT UBISOFT

werewolf1756
11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
I am wondering if this windowed black screen has anything to do with my core 2 duo CPU? Because I don't have any USB plugged in..nor HID devices under task manager...strange

Aaron1959
11-23-2014, 08:12 PM
I am wondering if this windowed black screen has anything to do with my core 2 duo CPU? Because I don't have any USB plugged in..nor HID devices under task manager...strange
When it started out supposedly core 2 DUO was in the minimum requirements now it looks like word is spreading that UBI now officially is not supporting core 2 duo processors but looking through many threads I do see very many running core 2 duo's.
I expect the system requirements will change as it becomes convenient for UBI.
For instance I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear that the latest minimum is a 6 core Liquid Nitrogen cooled BOX in the freezer, NOTHING CAN BE PLUGGED IN! NOT EVEN YOUR MONITOR!
Plug in the box with one hand and swinging a dead black cat counter clockwise over your head saying over and over BEGONE BLACK SCREEN! All of the above MUST occur in a cemetery on midnight on a full moon. If this fails we will patch your problem Friday...or in the future......maybe NEVER!