PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Road to Meltdown finals format

Aranarth78
11-17-2014, 01:06 PM
6 months of ladder / gold cups just to get quickly eliminated in a stupidly brutal Bo3 is unacceptable at best, a complete lack of respect for those players and a lack of understanding of DoC's variance. :mad:

Next time, do it on a Bo5 round-robin format over 2 days.

M0rw47h
11-17-2014, 01:20 PM
We told that UBI at day they announced R2P 2014 that entire structure is plain bad.

Nillicomes
11-17-2014, 01:35 PM
It was not perfect last year but it was at least better structure.

MnM_vs_Smarties
11-18-2014, 11:28 AM
All of us finalists brought this issue up to the organization. Not only on the weekend itself, but some of us complained about it weeks before, if not more. Unfortunatly everything was already set in stone and couldn't be changed. Hopefully R2P next year will be Round Robin again.

Uraxor
11-18-2014, 05:12 PM
We told that UBI at day they announced R2P 2014 that entire structure is plain bad.

Really not sure who the 'we' here is. You and your ego?
Qualifiers were pretty good and most people I talked to were quite happy with them.

Finals were way too rushed though, we all know that and there's little point adding fuel to fire, especially given how ultimately deaf DoC's management team is proving to be over and over and over again.

hectoring
11-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Not really, the qualifiers were knockout and top-heavy, leading to a lot of randomness (even discounting the possibilities of introducing rules regarding deck selection). Swiss or double-elim would have been a lot better

hectoring
11-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Also, lots of bugs, not just in the game, but in the tournament system itself.

e.g. Poly and xX-St0rmst4r-Xx got kicked out when their opponent didn't turn up. Still no reply to Poly's forum thread.

M0rw47h
11-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Really not sure who the 'we' here is. You and your ego?
Qualifiers were pretty good and most people I talked to were quite happy with them.

Finals were way too rushed though, we all know that and there's little point adding fuel to fire, especially given how ultimately deaf DoC's management team is proving to be over and over and over again.

Most of people when R2P 2014 was announced were unhappy.
Same was during 1st qualifers or during last 'buggy' qualifers, clearly 'amazing'..
Also, as far as I remember you were as much disgusted with whole things as I. If you don't believe me, you can check you own posts, if you already forgot about Road to Fail.