PDA

View Full Version : Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Rapurimanka
11-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Hello,

I'm on laptop with nvidia 660m. Overclocked of course. For over 2 years i was playing different games on different drivers and always with overclock. But this game, Unity, constantly dropping my driver. Latest version.

Anyone with same issue? Or its not common?

LeTontonGOMEZ
11-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Hello,

I'm on laptop with nvidia 660m. Overclocked of course. For over 2 years i was playing different games on different drivers and always with overclock. But this game, Unity, constantly dropping my driver. Latest version.

Anyone with same issue? Or its not common?

Same Issue with a Geforce GTX770 (Phantom)
I have downcloked my GC (-15 Mhz GPU Clock & -15 Mhz Mem Clock) with 'EVGA precision X' and it works properly.
You have to do several tests to find the right values for your GC.

Rapurimanka
11-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Thx, but that's weird...

LeTontonGOMEZ
11-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Thx, but that's weird...

Yes, i know. But I tried all the tricks found on internet about this issue and this is the only step who works for me.
Is that works for you ?
If you find something else, tell us.

Rapurimanka
11-19-2014, 05:47 AM
I wonder, are there other players with failing driver?

nonamename1
11-19-2014, 08:05 AM
I experienced the exact same problem. In fact, a lot of people have the problem.

the only way around it I've found so far is a complete OS reinstall.

Rapurimanka
11-19-2014, 08:12 AM
is there any thread with this discussion? cause from this point, only 3 of us have it :)

nonamename1
11-19-2014, 08:37 AM
this problem isn't caused by the game as much as your game crashing is a symptom of the problem.

The issue probably lies with some corruption of your OS install. DirectX, drivers, or otherwise.

Do an internet search, there are a lot of threads about it. There is a large post on NVidia's own forums about it.

Keep in mind though you likely won't find a good solution. Like I said, the only way I know of to work around it is to do a fresh OS install.

However, maybe you could try the stuff from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/software/280483-how-reinstall-directx-11-repair-directx-11-a.html.

Also, you might try from an elevated cmd prompt type: svc /SCANNOW. See what happens. Then try to reinstall video drivers, first do an uninstall from Add/Remove, reboot, and reinstall latest drivers.

After that maybe try the stuff in the link I posted and repair DirectX.

If all else fails and you need to do an OS install I'd recommend you upgrade to latest version of Windows if you can if you're not already running it.