PDA

View Full Version : Can someone spoil AC:U modern story for me?

Roxas3510
11-17-2014, 09:47 AM
If there even is one? I've been hearing that the modern day story is just about non-existent in this game. I've been trying to find spoilers on it, but all I see the general synopsis. I got into Assassin's Creed because of the present day story and if they're just going to stop taking it seriously, I fear I won't be playing these games anymore. I don't plan on buying Unity until the price drops since I'm hearing it's bad, but I really just want to know about the modern day story. If someone who has completed the game can tell me everything about the modern day story, I'd really appreciate it. I don't really want the assassin's story to be spoiled, but if certain parts need to be in order to explain the modern story, that's fine.

ace3001
11-17-2014, 10:01 AM
It's there barely, but it doesn't go anywhere at all.

You presumably buy a Helix and play some Abstergo game on it that lets you go through selected templar/assassin memories. When you complete the first mission, Assassins hijack your Helix and ask for your help with locating a Sage in Arno's time. You find the Sage, and that's it.

At this point, they might as well drop modern day entirely, because Ubisoft is clearly no longer interested in continuing that overarching narrative or giving a satisfying ending to it, because they know they'll get fans' money anyway, so they cater entirely to new players who haven't played previous games.

steveeire
11-17-2014, 10:53 AM
There barely was an MD and what there was, was terrible. We need a MD protagonist so we can get involved with MD's plot.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-17-2014, 11:03 AM
You presumably buy a Helix and play some Abstergo game on it that lets you go through selected templar/assassin memories. When you complete the first mission, Assassins hijack your Helix and ask for your help with locating a Sage in Arno's time. You find the Sage, and that's it.

And Abstergo agents are trying to find Assassin agents in the Helix, so the Assassins have to occasionally send you through rifts in the Helix to different time periods to throw Abstergo off the trail

Also, Shaun is still there - you hear his voice at at least one point that I recall, and you can definitely see his sense of humor in the historical database. Also, I think the person you talk to is Rebecca, but her voice seems different, so it may be a different voice actor playing her

MnemonicSyntax
11-17-2014, 11:10 AM
It is Shaun for sure, because he introduces himself in the Database How-To

ace3001
11-17-2014, 11:26 AM
It is Shaun for sure, because he introduces himself in the Database How-To

Yeah, Deacon is definitely Shaun. He outright gives his name (which makes his pseudonym Deacon useless entirely), and his voice is also easily recognizable. As for Bishop, she is similar to Rebecca a bit, and considering how different Rebecca looks in AC III vs how she looked in AC II and AC B, that slight similarity might be enough to consider her as such. But then unlike then, her voice is definitely not Rebecca's previous one.

Roxas3510
11-17-2014, 11:32 AM
what happens after you find the sage?

That's extremely disappointing, guess I'm in no rush to buy the game.

Charles_Phipps
11-17-2014, 11:52 AM

You kind of...don't.

One of the complaints is the plot is so perfunctory they seem to have realized they needed to wrap it up at the end so they made the entire quest pointless.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Well, there is "something" after you find the sage. The thing is, Arno finds the sage and kills him, but the Sage's bones are left there under the Temple, then a few years later they are mixed in with all the other bones in the catacombs. The modern day Assassins figure that even if they find the bones, the DNA will probably be useless.

Also, I'm told the Helix rift missions tell you more about the modern day plot, but I have only done the ones in the storyline so far, so I'm not sure on that

It seems that Ubisoft are at a loss for modern day plotlines, so basically Unity is all about the historical stuff. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to move the modern day plot along in future releases, but I can see why the modern day stuff got dropped for this release, as I think they were trying to keep things as simple as possible due to the extensive size of Paris and the need to get enough content into the historical part of the game (which they didn't manage to do with any sort of variety, but hey).

pirate1802
11-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Well if that indeed is Rebecca.. then

1) She seem to have had a boob job. But that's okay, most vidyagaem females have one, at some point of time.
2) Also a personality change. Nerdy girl is now the suave coat-wearing office click. How?

Namikaze_17
11-17-2014, 02:42 PM

1) She seem to have had a boob job. But that's okay, most vidyagaem females have one, at some point of time.
2) Also a personality change. Nerdy girl is now the suave coat-wearing office click. How?

If it is...

Rebecca. Then 0__0.

But it's most likely not. Why would they change a character design so recognizable to one we just seen? :rolleyes:

And the personality change wouldn't make sense either. So...

e_3_gaming
11-17-2014, 02:47 PM
If it is...

Rebecca. Then 0__0.

But it's most likely not. Why would they change a character design so recognizable to one we just seen? :rolleyes:

And the personality change wouldn't make sense either. So...

Bishop is not Rebecca. In the beginning of one of the Heist missions, Bishop says "Me and Rebecca" so Bishop is definitely not Rebecca. Now the question is, where is Rebecca?

Dangerzone50
11-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Like I have been saying elsewhere, rogue is a better game in almost every way... If you want an actual modern day story, check rogue out. It actually continues the modern story from ac4, the "abstergo researcher" one. And it even manages to wrap a bunch of other things into the game like the Brahman comic, and the mp storyline from acb and acr.

Oh oh and plenty of other present day story elements are mentioned as well, some are Easter eggs, others are obvious... And the twist at the end might be predictable, but at least it has a modern day twist.

RinoTheBouncer
11-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Nobody can spoil what does not exist, my friend. Sadly.

ace3001
11-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Like I have been saying elsewhere, rogue is a better game in almost every way... If you want an actual modern day story, check rogue out. It actually continues the modern story from ac4, the "abstergo researcher" one. And it even manages to wrap a bunch of other things into the game like the Brahman comic, and the mp storyline from acb and acr.

Oh oh and plenty of other present day story elements are mentioned as well, some are Easter eggs, others are obvious... And the twist at the end might be predictable, but at least it has a modern day twist.

Please leave Rogue spoilers out of ACU threads. Some of us won't get to play it for months.

Bishop is not Rebecca. In the beginning of one of the Heist missions, Bishop says "Me and Rebecca" so Bishop is definitely not Rebecca. Now the question is, where is Rebecca?

Which Heist is that? I still haven't played any, so might as well start with that one.

e_3_gaming
11-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Please leave Rogue spoilers out of ACU threads. Some of us won't get to play it for months.

Which Heist is that? I still haven't played any, so might as well start with that one.

Ancient History. Sometimes Bishop doesn't speak about this, but you will play this Heist many times since this one is so easy and gives you around 80kf

JustPlainQuirky
11-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Nobody can spoil what does not exist, my friend. Sadly.

This.

The MD (aside from the intro) is nowhere to be found.

MnemonicSyntax
11-17-2014, 06:46 PM

Yeah, Bishop doesn't look like a fish outta water either.

RA503
11-17-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't understand the ending, how germain talk to arno after death, what is his connection with demolay ?

Someone unlock the assassins intel in the helix missions ? what they said ? I not found anyone on the internet comment on them,.someone have a video about it ?

IMARON17
11-17-2014, 07:57 PM
What the hell was that Helix thing in the begining? O_O Where are all that missions with Ezio, Connor, Altair, Haytham, that Borgia mission. Where all of that?

MnemonicSyntax
11-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Helix is a game system that "you" purchased and the other missions are "games" that you don't get to play or in some cases have already.

F3nix013
11-17-2014, 10:01 PM
There is nothing to spoil since there is barely ANY MD story.

you get recruited by the assassins when they interrupt your helix experience

they show you the Phoenix Project info which explains that the Templars are looking for old sages in history to try to combine as much precursor DNA as possible

the assassins tell you your job was to find the sage in the French Revolution before the Templars so the MD assassins could get to it first

come to find out that all the work you did was ****ing opintless since Bishop says she doesnt think the Templars will look for it conisdering how brittle and decayed the bones are

That is the ONLY info you got out of the entire game (which was at the beginning and at least 2-3 times throughout the game in VERY sparse detail) which means you could have NOT played it and there STILL wouldnt have been a continuation in the story.

It was practically a complete waste of time and money just to be told that you didnt have to do any of that **** and all you did was pointless.