PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Unity - Awesome when it works

SaphironX
11-16-2014, 07:09 PM
I've been b/tching a lot about the coop not working (I've had friend slots to invite and be invited maybe twice since launch, no idea why it doesn't work online most of the time), I've complained about unopenable chests locked behind various ubisoft services (and I still think being told to go online with an app to open a wooden box is the biggest immersion breaker of all damn time) but I do want to say, on the other side, when it works ACU is an amazing game. Coop with friends, as rarely as it recognizes I have a friends list, is a lot of fun. The city is lively and there's a ton to see and do.

I think if they can iron out the bugs and make it run reliably, it's going to end up being pretty awesome. People say it's the worst AC, in terms of technical flaws, yes it is, but the core game has a ton going for it. I also love the lack of present day and alien crap, it feels more historical and less insane. And let's be honest, we all hated Desmond, and the computer hacking in 4 just distracted from the main story.

There's a lot to like here, it deserves to be said, but I think another three months of development would have been useful. I think the fact my console game case says 1080p on it proves they didn't have time to optimize.

So here's hoping ubisoft can turn it around, make the game what it was supposed to be, and maybe with more coop content and some high quality story stuff, they'll still get a season pass out of me. They have a few things to fix though, here's hoping they act like the company we all know they can be.